Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Bad Sport System....what exactly is the point?

35 replies to this topic
Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

This dude came after me, and I killed him. And in case he tried to f*ck with me again, I stuck a sticky bomb on his comet. And what do you know, he did....

Then this car with 2 people came at me on the desert airstrip. I took them out, then stole their car as it was the only one around. Somehow the guy manages to kick me out of the car while I'm driving it (another dipsh*t thing R* did) so I decided that if I can't drive it, then no one can. Jerks.

Hence the dunce cap, but it's whatever. I feel like I can go to the other servers and play like normal, the people are probably funner to play with anyways. I joined 6 games, and 3 of them I was the only one in it. The other 3 had 2 other people. And even though you're in a server "filled" with players just like you, you've still got to wear a dunce cap like some kind of jackass. What a dumb system. And I bet the clowns at R* were real proud of themselves thinking all of this up, too.

I don't get what they are trying to pull here.

Is this GTA or not? As far as I'm concerned chaos is just a part of the equation, just as it always has been.

GTA's gone soft.

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

I think you're the first to post about this.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

I understand. But maybe it's one of those things that should be posted 500 times. I've just been ostracized.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

the point is to keep people from blowing up players cars.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

If you are shooting at me from inside your vehicle, it becomes a weapon. If you are trying to run me over with your car, it becomes a weapon. IDGAF how high the premium on your insurance is, this isn't a state farm commercial, it's f*cking Grand Theft Auto.

DildoDodo
  • DildoDodo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

I've not been a bad sport yet, but the dunce cap seems to be a bit much. Good companies shouldn't insult/patronise their paying customers like that, even when those customers do engage in bad behaviour.

• UKAIDANUK likes this

WarM4chine
  • WarM4chine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

I've not been a bad sport yet, but the dunce cap seems to be a bit much. Good companies shouldn't insult/patronise their paying customers like that, even when those customers do engage in bad behaviour.

Did they force your actions? The people that don't act like jackasses approve of the system.

• christo976 likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

If you are shooting at me from inside your vehicle, it becomes a weapon. If you are trying to run me over with your car, it becomes a weapon. IDGAF how high the premium on your insurance is, this isn't a state farm commercial, it's f*cking Grand Theft Auto.

I see what yer saying, but its actually far easier to shoot the guy in the car than it is to blow up the car anyway, unless you got sticky bombs, lol!  it seems pretty bugged an unbalanced to be honest so I dont really know what they intended it to be, but clearly it needs some work.  In the meantime I just shoot them in the head and they die pretty easy.  stickybombs are expensive, bullets are cheap.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Did they force your actions? The people that don't act like jackasses approve of the system.
I don't approve of the dunce cap, and I've never been a bad sport.

Really R*? It's bad enough you're practically acting like a teacher and sending your customers to time out after they played how GTA normally was played. Then you force a cap on them that insults them? R* is going soft, I agree.

I love the new experience, but the insulting towards old time players who are used to care free fun chaos is ridiculous and R* should wear a dunce cap for the stupid ass idea.
  • Omar Comin likes this

DildoDodo
  • DildoDodo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

Well, technically people have been given bad sport warnings for being kicked from missions by other players, so yes, that action - of leaving a mission - can be forced on the player and can result in them becoming a bad sport.  Anyway, I don't act like a jackass. I only do missions, races and sports so I've never even killed another player, let alone blown up a player vehicle. I also make a point of not ramming in races, not even to retaliate, because I think it's unsportsmanlike. But I think bad sport servers should be a valid alternative for players who like a different kind of playstyle to me, without being just some lame punishment. After all, if they enjoy being in those servers, they might be less inclined to come back onto the good sport servers and grief.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

I disagree on what constitutes as "bad sport."

Leaving missions - definitely a bad sport.

Blowing up cars, no. Killing people, no.
Why?
Because I'd rather not be punished for defending myself. If you're driving full throttle at me with your car - over and over again - and I finally hit you with a sticky bomb to stop it... I should not be punished for how I kept you from killing me (and, thus, costing me medical bills).

• nexoric likes this

EazyE 804
  • EazyE 804

Your Mom's BF

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

I f*cking hate it in here. Two days.... well 1.5 now. Its like its Gotham city when Bane or the Joker let all the bad dudes out laugh.gif. I step outside 2 tanks terrorizing the city. People tryna rob you after being in a Party & Missions together

I disagree on what constitutes as "bad sport."

Leaving missions - definitely a bad sport.

Blowing up cars, no. Killing people, no.
Why?
Because I'd rather not be punished for defending myself. If you're driving full throttle at me with your car - over and over again - and I finally hit you with a sticky bomb to stop it... I should not be punished for how I kept you from killing me (and, thus, costing me medical bills).

Amen

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

I don't approve of the dunce cap, and I've never been a bad sport.

Really R*? It's bad enough you're practically acting like a teacher and sending your customers to time out after they played how GTA normally was played. Then you force a cap on them that insults them? R* is going soft, I agree.

I love the new experience, but the insulting towards old time players who are used to care free fun chaos is ridiculous and R* should wear a dunce cap for the stupid ass idea.

Well thats actually kinda the point.  This is not GTA4 online and they are trying to teach you that.  you are supposed to CO OP with other players and do missions, that means work together.  Its not the clusterf*ck free for all free roam gta4 online was, its so much more, a completely different game in fact.  Im none too happy about it either, I never played gta4 cause it was pretty lame but the single player was epic and i had months and months of fun in free roam single player just messing around, that experience is gone in GTA5, the f*cked it all up and completely changed it and made it a whole different game, it should really even have the right to wear the GTA name, its basically a WOW style carrot on a stick type game but its so broken and bugged that lots of people are cheating and have unlocked and bought everything already, that was supposed to take them months and then they will add new content. They will periodically be adding new content to keep you chasing that carrot, this is nothing like the GTA you are used to and If you try and play it the same way, you are gonna have a bad time, lol!

christo976
  • christo976

Senior Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Actually the Online World looks more like "Playstation Home" with veichles and guns to me.
And yes is meant as a co-op experience, PVP is just stupid trolling.

• NoMeansYes likes this

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

PvP should be apart of the game but there needs to be a system to deal with griefers and assholes.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:20 AM Edited by Jameson312, 12 October 2013 - 08:21 AM.

Actually the Online World looks more like "Playstation Home" with veichles and guns to me.
And yes is meant as a co-op experience, PVP is just stupid trolling.

pvp is just stupid trolling? why do you play video games? it used to be about competition...you just f*cking baffled me.

neato9611
  • neato9611

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

I don't mind PVP it's just the constant unwarranted gunfights that upset me. I'm sure most people here have a finger on the trigger when they come within a half mile of a random player. Seems like every time I come too close to someone, they always try and shoot at me for no reason. If I'm robbing a liquor store and someone stops outside, I pay attention to them. Sometimes they leave but just today some dude ran up and took cover behind my car. I rationalized that a man ducked behind my getaway car with an UZI can only mean one thing, so I shot him before he could open fire. I felt that his actions warranted my assault. But when I drive past someone, they always instantly open up on me. I didn't shoot or produce a weapon, I gave them no inclination that I was going to attack. The funny thing is that they don't shoot until I've already passed.

craiigman
  • craiigman

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'm close to becomming a bad sport and all I done was blow up my friends car with a sticky bomb.

While I understand the system and logically it makes some sense. But there should be something that differs from friend only lobbies to open ones. I mean if it's a friends only lobby then count towards the bad sport system should be null since why does it matter? I thought they whole point of friends only was to dick around. I feel there isn't a chance to dick around anymore and it makes it a little boring actually.

I want to sticky bomb my friends, but I can't or I'll be a bad sport and not even be able to play with them.

• 007Nick700 likes this

Joreus
  • Joreus

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:56 AM Edited by Joreus, 12 October 2013 - 08:58 AM.

I bought a tank a while ago. I learned shortly I cannot even f*cking drive around in the thing at all because people will purposely suicide into you and you're the one stuck paying insurance and getting bad sport. It's a ridiculous system. Should you pay for the insurance of the people you're blowing up? Sure. Kill 3 cars and become a "bad sport"? No f*cking way. It's so hard to defend yourself without blowing up their car.

I totally agree with people getting bad sport for other reasons, like leaving missions or continuous teamate kills in missions.

willinjapan
  • willinjapan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I understand. But maybe it's one of those things that should be posted 500 times. I've just been ostracized.

death was being sarcastic. there are 1,000's of posts on this, i even made a poll for this here : http://gtaforums.com...s-system/page-2

the separation of players i understand, pair players up with other players that like to play the same way, but putting a dunce cap and them and telling them they cant play with their friends is going to far... and just makes it a punishment system.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

I agree this is a step too far. 

I'm accidentally blowing up others peoples car's when defending myself. And getting bad sports warnings. 

100% agree. I dont think this will last long though. Rockstar will do something about this. 

JasePearson
  • JasePearson

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Just got my dunce cap, and now whenever I try to play any game mode nobody is there Q_Q

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

I just got my first bad sport point - had an ignition bomb in my car trying to get kills for the tat.... stole a car while waiting for someone to grab it and got myself a 1k bounty.. got back in my car with the bomb and fought off two guys, but the car got beat to snot... found out i couldn't repair it and as i was leaving the mod shop a guy comes driving in and guns me down through my windshield.

then he gets out of his car and hops into my sultan RS and goes boom - so does his car next to it. - bam bad sport point for me.... then he puts out a 5k bounty on my head and sends me a nasty message through x-box.

neato9611
  • neato9611

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

So, how long does bad sport last and is there some warning system or way to check our bad sport ranking? I may have nuked a few cars (about five so far) but not just for shiggles, usually people who have bounties or attack me.

Meow Meow
  • Meow Meow

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Just get rid of it! Not worth the hastle. I just did a mission where 2 pricks left me on my own but if i was to quit aswell i'd get the bad sport too, that's not fair. Also you get it for being kicked from free roam which is total bullsh*t. Especially seeing as I'm pretty sure I'm not actually being kicked by the players. Eveytime I have been kicked from free roam it's been like in the first 10 seconds and for no reason. Also just now I didn't even get into free roam it was still loading the session and I was "kicked by the other players" and I still got the bad sport thing.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:53 AM Edited by Ola441, 12 October 2013 - 11:53 AM.

[bold]Being a bad sport doesn't stop you from playing that's all that matters. I always dish out my revenges 10x fold. Kill me once, I will kill you till you leave the session but I never start these kinda things

I've never been branded bad sport but if I did...I would still play like I play. [/bold]

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

I love that the dunce cap is bothering so many people. That is the point of it. However, the fact that defending yourself can cause you to go to a bad sport playlist is pretty dumb. I am sure it will be updated and changed because nobody at R* could possibly think that the system in place is working.

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'm close to becomming a bad sport and all I done was blow up my friends car with a sticky bomb.

While I understand the system and logically it makes some sense. But there should be something that differs from friend only lobbies to open ones. I mean if it's a friends only lobby then count towards the bad sport system should be null since why does it matter? I thought they whole point of friends only was to dick around. I feel there isn't a chance to dick around anymore and it makes it a little boring actually.

I want to sticky bomb my friends, but I can't or I'll be a bad sport and not even be able to play with them.

This, it straight out sucks.

1daymember
  • 1daymember

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

They should sell a higher insurance policy for people with expensive cars like me. An insurance policy that makes the person who blows your car up pay for it. Then I'd be fine with them getting rid of the bad sport system. I literally dish out about 50K every day I play GTA due to jealous people blowing up my cars. Bad sport is where they belong.

WhutsAGamertag
  • WhutsAGamertag

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Everyone knows by now in those annoying and endless threads about the system that if you cause another play a damage of more than 10k you be a bad sport. You had to place the sticky bomb on A COMET and now you are here complaining that they did what you knew they would do... Nobody forced you to blow up their cars, even when they deserved it. The system is not punishing you for killing people, it is about causing them damage in the process and that system is totally awesome and way too forgiving if you ask me. Shoot... Killl... Fight... and have fun.... but stop blowing up cars!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users