Photo

Body armor is worthless

31 replies to this topic
boberson01
  • boberson01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

3 shots from an npc and heavy armor is gone. What's the point of it honestly when it doesn't do a good job of protecting you. Am I missing something here? Does it tank more damage at higher levels or something or is it just that bad?

• kevswans likes this

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

3 shots from an npc and heavy armor is gone. What's the point of it honestly when it doesn't do a good job of protecting you. Am I missing something here? Does it tank more damage at higher levels or something or is it just that bad?

It's that bad.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

Yeah, it's kind of a joke. I've got super heavy armor, but it seems to dissappear so fast it's like I'm wearing nothing at all... nothing at all.... nothing at all...

stupid_sexy_flanders.jpg

• TomBishop, wallpaper42, boberson01 and 1 other like this

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

it looks badass atleast

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

It basically just gives you a little more hit points. It's not meant to make you invulnerable.

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

it's so worthless i don't even buy it at the start of missions anymore

• sultangris likes this

MattLewis666
  • MattLewis666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

Armor sucks.

Stupid sexy Flanders...

• TomBishop and GTALegion like this

Phaggot
  • Phaggot

Angry

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

It basically just gives you a little more hit points. It's not meant to make you invulnerable.

You don't say!

ThePeskyCrow
  • ThePeskyCrow

:v

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

You don't say!

Apparently He Has To Because People Don't Seem To Know That.

boberson01
  • boberson01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

But even when it is not supposed to make you invulnerable, you would think it can give more protection than it does now, especially considering how much more accurate enemies are online compared to SP. A thug in online can take you down way faster than a swarm of police in SP

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

But even when it is not supposed to make you invulnerable, you would think it can give more protection than it does now, especially considering how much more accurate enemies are online compared to SP. A thug in online can take you down way faster than a swarm of police in SP

In a 1v1 of equally matched opponents the armour will give the wearer the edge. In PvE the thugs might in one instance kill you, but in another with armour you might be left with 5% health and the armour saved your life. That's not worthless, that's an edge that will sometimes work in your favour. Combine that with finding good cover, shooting from cover, shooting when the enemy is reloading etc. it all works in your favour in mitigating the damage taken and surviving.

• boberson01 and HammerLarry like this

Christofferson
  • Christofferson

Leader of the Los Santos Sun Bros

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

They should make it so armor degrades as you take damage, but every bullet just deals less damage to your health.  So let's say you have 100 hit points.  Instead of armor making it so you have 200, it makes it so bullets deal 30 damage instead of 50 until it's worn out.  That's my suggestion anyways.  In the current state, armor is pretty trash and not worth the purchase.

• M210F likes this

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

i never buy it anymore...theres absolutely no point in it. super heavy armor is just as effective as super light basically

JohnMcClainNYPD
  • JohnMcClainNYPD

New York Undercover

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

I'm kind of confused. Do you have to keep buying the same one? I didn't realize it gets used up. Is that what the blue bar is for? I never really took notice.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

I will stop buying it from now on because I have noticed it.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

They should make it so armor degrades as you take damage, but every bullet just deals less damage to your health.  So let's say you have 100 hit points.  Instead of armor making it so you have 200, it makes it so bullets deal 30 damage instead of 50 until it's worn out.  That's my suggestion anyways.  In the current state, armor is pretty trash and not worth the purchase.

Sort of like most RPGs? But then would better armors last longer or cause you to receive less damage, or both?

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

I'm kind of confused. Do you have to keep buying the same one? I didn't realize it gets used up. Is that what the blue bar is for? I never really took notice.

Yep. And yep.

Christofferson
  • Christofferson

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Sort of like most RPGs? But then would better armors last longer or cause you to receive less damage, or both?

This is something that would have to be tested and balanced I suppose.  By the looks of the different armors, the heavier sets look like they would offer more protection.  So if it were up to me, yes, heavier armor would last longer and receive less damage.  This should come with a downside though, such as, wearing heavier armor slows you down and causes you to lose stamina more quickly when sprinting.

So this would offer a level of strategy in that, if you want to move quickly but be less protected, purchase lighter armor.  If you want to be a slow moving juggernaut, then purchase the heavy armor.  This is what I would do anyways.

Christofferson
  • Christofferson

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

Or maybe with the heavier armors to make it more realistic, that it stops the first multiple bullets and does no damage, but when the "armor meter" (blue bar) gets down half way from eating these shots, your armor and health depletes with each bullet, but still maintains the damage reduction until your armor bar is gone.  I hope this wasn't too confusing.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

This is something that would have to be tested and balanced I suppose.  By the looks of the different armors, the heavier sets look like they would offer more protection.  So if it were up to me, yes, heavier armor would last longer and receive less damage.  This should come with a downside though, such as, wearing heavier armor slows you down and causes you to lose stamina more quickly when sprinting.

So this would offer a level of strategy in that, if you want to move quickly but be less protected, purchase lighter armor.  If you want to be a slow moving juggernaut, then purchase the heavy armor.  This is what I would do anyways.

Sounds good. In Rainbow Six I liked the big bulletproof riot shield, but when using it you can only use a pistol and makes you walk really slow. Still, fun to use sometimes for a change.

IbarakiBen
  • IbarakiBen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

I don't buy it and have never bought it.

JetFury
  • JetFury

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

It sucks ass. Take more of my money rockstar!

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:13 AM Edited by bloodblossom, 12 October 2013 - 05:14 AM.

making it cost more stamina to use heavy armor means nothing.. at max stamina your stamina is infinite.. doesn't matter how much heavy armor would drain if you have infinite of it.

armor doesnt matter anyways.. if you get headshot you die anyways.. regardless of armor.. so the point is? well there is none.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Those few shots help a bit but yeah it should still be more effective.

KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

What is stupid is buying it for deathmatches. I would expect that purchasing armor in deathmatches makes it so every life I get the armor bonus. Instead it makes it for my first life only. Good for last man, but not deathmatch.

DropUrBritches
  • DropUrBritches

Official

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

its a way to waste money 

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

The only thing that saves me against the AI marksmen is the cover mechanic combined with the 50% health regen. The armor is gone almost instantly and does next to nothing. I could see that for the lowest level of armor but the highest level should provide decent protection which it absolutely does not.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Two suggestions for Body-Armor

1. Either raise the HP of each Armor, and even add more/new Armors.

OR

2. Make it so Armor instead reduces damage (The Higher Quality Armor, the more it reduces),

You will have to repair it constantly though so it will go back to optimal efficiency.

NombreDeLaBeast
  • NombreDeLaBeast

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

could make it so it blocks a set ammount of shots and damage is negated (= 0 unless a headshot)...

level 1 - 15 sh*ts

level 2 - 25 shots

level 3 - 30 shots 

level 4 - 37 shots

level 5 - 45 shots

shotguns may prove difficult to code through this unless they already have an individual pellet system in place ( 1 pellet does a certain ammount of damage and the shotgun shoots something like 10 or so.)

They could then program it to where a heavy sniper just cuts right through the armor.

I dunno. 

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

it looks badass atleast

Speak for yourself, I think that the armor looks mad retarded. I always change my appearance from the inventory after I get armor. Whats the point of wearing all the shirts that I bought if they just get covered up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users