Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to be safe with a bounty over your head.

66 replies to this topic
PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

i know this is off topic, but ever since gtaV came out, i hear a lot of white people saying nigga over the mic. its a growing population of wiggas thinking its okay to mock blacks, but.. to each his own i guess.

*is staring at OP's avatar*

great example of the pot calling the kettle black :miranda:

Myrten
  • Myrten

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Just buy a Tank and you'll be very happy that you have a bounty on your head :D

neato9611
  • neato9611

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

I usually find a mountain and use my sniper rifle. Usually, I can eliminate any would-be assassin before they even get in range. I haven't been countersniped yet.

On the contrary, I almost exclusively use my sniper rifle for bounties. I caught one guy on the LS river by posting up on an overpass and shooting him while he drove towards me, he never had the chance to retaliate. If you're going to bounty hunt, please watch the dot on the map for a second so you know what's up. A lot of players are more than aware of the fact they are being hunted, and will be very attentive to any white dots heading their way. Always assume that when a marked player comes within a mile of a random player, it will end in shots fired. I have had marked players randomly come attempt to assist with gang attacks or randomly drive past me. Every time, I dispatch them quickly. For one, that's the rules. Secondly, I don't know why someone wants you dead, so I won't take my chances.

Back to the dots, this is for bounty hunters. Don't just rush towards the red blip with a round in the chamber. Here is my checklist when assessing a target.
1.) Movement. Is the target sedentary? Where are they? They may be in an elevated position or seeking refuge. I consider these to be the deadliest. If they are moving, is it a straight line at a mostly universal speed, or are they randomly slowing and turning? I need to know if the mark is airborne or on the ground. Also, if movement is predictable, can I intercept? If the target is randomly driving circles on the interstate, I would rather find an overpass and snipe them than try and give pursuit.

2.) Location. Where are they? If they are on a skyscraper, a sports car is useless. If they are in a tunnel, a helicopter attack will be ineffective. Note their escape routes. If they have only one way out of an area, I am going to wait there and use the appropriate weapon to execute the bounty.

3. White dots. How many, how close? If all the dots are dancing around and people are dying, there's an obvious gunfight. If the dots stay close and don't move much, that's the mark's friends. A lot of players will retreat to the interstate when an automobile chase ensues, often attempting to change direction. These are the most dangerous, you need to be prepared for the other drivers to open fire. Any car between me and the mark is a guaranteed death. If I can kill them, I will. They are already trying to kill another player, what's wrong with me doing the same? Blowing out the tires of your counterparts while leaving the target car intact is an easy way to distance yourself from the pack and isolate your target.

NOTE: Keep your vehicle at a 45 degree offset when approaching a mark's car. Only approach when you are prepared to fire (i.e. straightaways) as to eliminate the threat of grenades and bombs. Use PIT maneuvers wisely, tapping that rear quarter panel is cool until the front of the car spins around and you eat 30 uzi rounds.
  • HammerLarry likes this

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

I like to get in a fast car and head to the very top of the map, then swim out to the islands.  You really have to work to get my bounties....

i agree 100%. thats why i hide in roofs thats only accessible by helicopters and snipe/ AK them.

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

i know this is off topic, but ever since gtaV came out, i hear a lot of white people saying nigga over the mic. its a growing population of wiggas thinking its okay to mock blacks, but.. to each his own i guess.

you arent the smartest brain in the bunch are you..

ezstjr
  • ezstjr

Westside Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

I just hide inside my house if the bounty is 9k anything lower ill just roam around the server until a level 5 starts trying to dump a full mac-10 clip than i just pull out my ak-47 silencer dead-eye the person trying to kill me and ensue a fight. If I felt like I couldnt fight or just plain don't want people messing I just d-pad and go into my single-player characters and play and come back later in the day.

Hazevamp
  • Hazevamp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

If black people didn't abuse the word "nigga" it wouldn't be used by anybody.

It's a bit of an irony - black people keep saying Nigga and yet they want white people to never say it, but they keep on insisting that this word is often used and well remembered.
It's bullsh*t, really. How about not using it so it slowly fades away in time?

Truer words have never been spoken---I'm black btw.

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

I hide inside the police military base lol.

Can you really hide in your house the whole time and get away with a bounty?

Shrk1990
  • Shrk1990

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

people don't pay attention to the name on the bounty or value usually - if you turn red they come after you..

Last time I had one I sat in my apt and spectated the guys waiting outside for me.- I've leveled a couple of times and can now call in merry weather choppers on them to make my viewing all that much more enjoyable.

The new one I've seen is people setting sticky bombs in places that most people won't look outside their apartments, then watching the CCTV for players to walk up to the door.  Pretty freakin hilarious to see the end result

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

oh and to the rest of this thread.....

roflcopter4cokb0.jpg

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

people don't pay attention to the name on the bounty or value usually - if you turn red they come after you..

Last time I had one I sat in my apt and spectated the guys waiting outside for me.- I've leveled a couple of times and can now call in merry weather choppers on them to make my viewing all that much more enjoyable.

The new one I've seen is people setting sticky bombs in places that most people won't look outside their apartments, then watching the CCTV for players to walk up to the door.  Pretty freakin hilarious to see the end result

That's crazy dude because I did the same thing a couple hours ago.

I pretended to be an NPC car after and drive around their complex and whenever I saw their dot move out from inside the house, BOOM!

Coltfanjay
  • Coltfanjay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Just how long do you have to survive? Or does the bounty ever stop?

Tortoiseeeee
  • Tortoiseeeee

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

If I go offline while I have a bounty what happens to the cash? Does it carry on so I still have x minutes to survive or will I come online to the cash?

I had to leave just after receiving one from a pedestrian and haven't been able to go online to see what happened

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I like to get in a fast car and head to the very top of the map, then swim out to the islands.  You really have to work to get my bounties....

i agree 100%. thats why i hide in roofs thats only accessible by helicopters and snipe/ AK them.

Sometimes I make them chase me for a long way and then just join another session.  I'm a bastard like that.  Rinse, repeat!  :lol:

Comment1
  • Comment1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Surely bottom line is black people have earned the right to say it..
If you aren't tied to the struggle then leave it out!

J@bz
  • J@bz

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:35 AM Edited by J@bz, 12 October 2013 - 09:36 AM.

just wait in an alley way....put a c4 in one entrance cover the other entrance with a truck or something...boom when they come :)

Skorpio678
  • Skorpio678

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Well I joined a server, get into my garage and the second I leave with my car I get a random 9k bounty from a guy I've never met before.
Reversed back into my driveway and just sat there watching weasel news while on youtube to kill time. Free 9k.

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yJMramLf1JI

RyotGrrl
  • RyotGrrl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

Bounty hunting is probably one of my fav pastimes so far in GTAO, even bounty survival. I just wish there was something persistent that indicated you actually had a bounty on you. I know there's a prompt as soon as you spawn but something more than that, like your icon being red for you as well because I've had bounties endlessly put out on me by npc's in crew sessions and then after a mission we spawn in an open session and you just kinda forget until someone comes gunning. Just something on the HUD would be nice.
  • Tampinha85 likes this

Skorpio678
  • Skorpio678

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Bounty hunting is probably one of my fav pastimes so far in GTAO, even bounty survival. I just wish there was something persistent that indicated you actually had a bounty on you. I know there's a prompt as soon as you spawn but something more than that, like your icon being red for you as well because I've had bounties endlessly put out on me by npc's in crew sessions and then after a mission we spawn in an open session and you just kinda forget until someone comes gunning. Just something on the HUD would be nice.

I agree with this, I was running around with buddies for a solid hour in free roam and 2/4 of us had bounties then later on it randomly just added 9000 to my account because I'd survived a bounty duration. Had no clue. Plus a few other times with NPCs just like the example you gave.

z06z33
  • z06z33

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

I bounty hunt in the fighter jet no body escapes me

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

One question: If you stop moving does your blip still shows on the radar?

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yes

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

guess theres no hiding like in RDR... :cry:

Knocknuts
  • Knocknuts

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

1.) i go to the strip club and go to the last room

plant a bomb on the ceiling at the entrance of door.

wait for them to go there

BOOM!!!

if someone got past, ready your shotgun.

rinse and repeat, do this quickly before they respawn/until you ran out of sticky bombs

2.) go on the tunnel under the construction site

go deeper until you find a desirable sniping point

block the other way with your car

rig a bomb on that way incase someone go that way

snipe everyone who is approaching

Chances are people will be above you but they wont see you cause they dont exacly know the entrance to these tunnels. they will be confused.

Jeremiah239
  • Jeremiah239

OMFG

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

kill the dude you pull out of the car and you wont get a bounty, at least i havent yet! i used to let them live, but now they must die, lol!

i thought this too but just this morning I killed a lady in a SUV to go sell it, she was dead and called a $9000 bounty on me! Never talking a NPC vehicle again!

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 12 October 2013 - 04:49 PM.

If black people didn't abuse the word "nigga" it wouldn't be used by anybody.

It's a bit of an irony - black people keep saying Nigga and yet they want white people to never say it, but they keep on insisting that this word is often used and well remembered.
It's bullsh*t, really. How about not using it so it slowly fades away in time?

You're an idiot.

Regarding this discussion, I don't care. They only say it online. Last cracker to say it around us died 6 hours later. They're safe online, so just drop it. It's okay if they want to be Black. Why wouldn't they?

OnTopic: I just stay in my house, smoke, drink, get a lap dance, and watch Weazle News to see the retards run around Los Santos and destroy each other. Back when I didn't have a house, I just went swimming all the way at the top of the map where no one would bother to come for me. I got the achievement for surviving.

In Free Mode (and on o-op activities)

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

About the whole "nigga" thing, it's always gonna be said no matter what. It definitely won't stop till black people stop saying it.
I'm half black and white, I say it on occassion mostly when I'm joking but it's not my daily vocab.
It is annoying to hear a lot of whites using it. Now I know most of you will say "well if blacks can say it we can." Look, "nigga" is like an inside joke within the black community. They took something derogatory that many whites used towards them and turned it in to a positive slang. So when a white person chimes in on it it's like wtf?

Trying to make your way into a inside joke is pretty lame. That's the way I look at the word nigga.
Plus, white people sound stupid when they say it. It even sounds stupid when black people say it a lot.

I know completely off topic but I had to throw my two cents in..

RyotGrrl
  • RyotGrrl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

A good place to camp out for a bounty survival is the top of the building under construction across from the Maze Bank building (the tallest one in Los Santos). This is also where a Lester mission sends you at one point. There's three or four empty floors, plenty of room for cover and the only way up is by helicopter. Most players just go for your blip and think you're on the ground, there's a gang attack at the base of the building to keep them busy if the player is a high enough level. Conversely a good place to bounty hunt is Trevors airfield or really any known helicopter spawn point. They often run for the choppah...just lay in wait with your sniper rifle at the ready.

wat_username
  • wat_username

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

I thought you had to say the N word to make him give you the cash quicker during a robbery??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users