Photo

LOL! you have to try this

30 replies to this topic
mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Play gta 4. Do you notice how cartoony the driving/physics is? i jut played ballad of gay tony to compare the driving with V's driving. I think before V was released everyone was under an illusion that IV's driving was amazing because all the previous gta's were very arcade like. Just try, for the sake of laughs, to play gta 4. You will get the '' what was I thinking feeling''. lol.

acewingman
  • acewingman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Now all they got to fix is the walking so we don't have to walk in swaying circles everywhere we go.

russianpolice
  • russianpolice

AK-47

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

I still think driving physics were better on GTA IV, motorcycle physics were by far better too.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX and Zroovy like this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

I still play GTAIV doo doo head

GR0VE4LIF3
  • GR0VE4LIF3

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

http://tiny.cc/23cAgnM «« i reposted this link for the new visitors that just came to this forum

f*cker

marizzocos
  • marizzocos

Crackhead

• Members

I Know right? i played gta iv for 5 minutes the other day after a long gta v session and it felt like a ps1 game... Dunno how people say its more realistic but wtv
  • IveGotNoValues and mariana_dm1989 like this

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

I still think driving physics were better on GTA IV, motorcycle physics were by far better too.

motorcycles and atomic blink physics is crap in this game.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

http://tiny.cc/23cAgnM «« i reposted this link for the new visitors that just came to this forum

f*cker

clcking it gives you a virus.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

I think both are good, just two different approaches Rockstar decided to take. The physics in IV fit the close quarters city perfectly, and the physics in V fits the vast array of roadways that V offers. 

• davetopper, Loxley and Itzreality like this

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

I liked IV's driving, but I also like V's driving. However, I very much prefer the way motorcycles were in IV compared to V.

• jamieleng, jv95_ and Itzreality like this

BFR579
  • BFR579

"Till things are brighter, I'm the man in black."

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by BFR579, 11 October 2013 - 05:51 PM.

As much as I love V, the IV driving was better in some ways than in V, but I kinda got used to V now and I have absolutely no problems with it's handling (though I expected to hate it when I saw the leaked gameplays).

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

When playing IV today, The most hilarious thing about IV's driving was the way the body of the cars rocked around so wildly.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

I hated V's driving at first, but after putting 100+ hours into it, it's pretty good.

I still haven't played IV since V released, but it will probably feel weird after playing so much V.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

IVs boaty car handling was crap.

But the bikes were actually driveable in IV..

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 11 October 2013 - 08:34 PM.

I think both are good, just two different approaches Rockstar decided to take. The physics in IV fit the close quarters city perfectly, and the physics in V fits the vast array of roadways that V offers. 

I keep disagreeing with these posts without getting an answer back.

How? IV physics would have been better in Los Santos and the countryside, with wide roads you are less likely to crash or have to drive on sidewalks, and since off-roading was so fun in IV, it would have been even better in V.

V physics - more responsive steering, while less fun, would have fit Liberty City. Slam that brake and you'll stop in an instant without hitting the car in front of you.

• jv95_ and Buford T Justice like this

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

LMAO I just did. Unbelievable, GTA IV feels miniscule and outdated compared to the masterpiece that is GTA V.
  • mariana_dm1989 likes this

jaak170
  • jaak170

Nivoo

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

I tried GTA IV again after V. And I thought it was still better driving-wise than V. Much better. I like the loose suspension, especially on dirt. You don't get that awesome feel off-road in GTAV you get in IV. And bikes, oh my god how cool they still feel in GTA IV. In V they are ridiculous. Still, I love GTA V, but the driving physics are still much better in IV.

• jamieleng likes this

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Now all they got to fix is the walking so we don't have to walk in swaying circles everywhere we go.

f*ck YOU AND YOUR PIC! DAMN that scared me...

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

I think GTA4 had a better sense of speed. GTA5 had great driving in terms of vehicle control, I mean hell nearly every car feels like it has a set of Brembo brakes and racecar handling but hey, it works. GTA4 was very rewarding for those who learned the driving mechanics. I could escape the SWAT team and choppers with a damn trash truck because I knew how to use the handbrake, regular brake, and sharp turning effectively, whereas the computer (along with the average player) just mashed the gas.
  • B Dawg likes this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

LMAO I just did. Unbelievable, GTA IV feels miniscule and outdated compared to the masterpiece that is GTA V.

I bet GTA V is the only game your parents ever bought, seriously, shut the f*ck up, GTA V is f*cking amazing and all, but you are just a retard that is trying to be cool, f*cking PC hater, what are you currently posting on? Your mom's Galaxy Ace?

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

I dont get all the haters..

By far, my favourite thing about GTA IV was the driving. I was very concerned about this with GTA V.

Now that I have GTA V and have played it for almost 100hours, the driving to  me, feels the same as GTA IV. Maybe its the cars I drive?

The Oracle, that thing handles like it did in GTA V. You brake for ages when try to stop etc.

The damage seems to have been turned up for online? Am i the only one that has noticed this? it takes No time to wreck my car if i'm not being careful.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

IV's driving is superior to V, the sense of speed is just lacking in IV though. Shut up...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

I like IV but the driving always was weird to me. I had to use classic controls or else it was unplayable while in V the new controller set up doesn't bother me in the least.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

IV's driving is superior to V, the sense of speed is just lacking in IV though. Shut up...

WAAA SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN MEEE

NewReno
  • NewReno

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

I liked IV's driving, but I also like V's driving. However, I very much prefer the way motorcycles were in IV compared to V.

This. I feel the same way.

Starchs
  • Starchs

Potato chips

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

f*cker

WTF with people and that link?

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'll do you one better.

Try playing GTA3.

I did the other day for about an hour and I kept crashing into everything. I couldn't drive in a straight line. I'm too terrified to attempt to fly the dodo. And to think, I remember when I could drive in GTA3 perfectly.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

I keep disagreeing with these posts without getting an answer back.

How? IV physics would have been better in Los Santos and the countryside, with wide roads you are less likely to crash or have to drive on sidewalks, and since off-roading was so fun in IV, it would have been even better in V.

V physics - more responsive steering, while less fun, would have fit Liberty City. Slam that brake and you'll stop in an instant without hitting the car in front of you.

I guess I am viewing more from the perspective that in IV the handbrake was much more sensitive, lending itself to make tight quarter driving much more fun and challenging. 

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

you say you are a rockstar games fanboy

yet you bash gta iv 

paradox

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Yes somethings got better but you have to admit the bike handling is pretty much a pile of sh*t. Say what you want but you know its the truth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users