Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to effectively replenish your health?

23 replies to this topic
martindm03
  • martindm03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Hello all, I have been playing GTAO for a while now but I have yet to find a way to regenerate my health bar. Anyone know of an effective way to do this? I do not have an apartment yet so if that is one of the ways, it is not an option for me. The only way I have found to refill my health bar as of now is to die xD.

STRUCTURES
  • STRUCTURES

Holy Roar

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Vending machines are good. Or buying snacks.

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Vending machines will fill it back up completely for 1$. Snacks also do it. One of the snacks you buy is way better than the others but I can't remember what it's called.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Vending machines cost a dollar, are located all over the map, and in most Ammu-Nations. However it does require the cash to be on you, so I tend to walk around with a 50 on me just for that very reason.

Hammakaze
  • Hammakaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

The snacks don't do jack sh*t. You have to eat like 20 of them to fill your health bar half way. Vending machines work, but they are not in every liquor store, which sucks.

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

I just bring snacks with me everywhere. Go to a liquor store, fill up entirely on snacks, drink the cola and the bar and all is well.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hookers.

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Snacks do work well. meteorite does well over half your health , and I think it's $4. P&G's don't do much at all ...ego chaser is substandard..

but they are literal life savers during survival missions.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

I usually Cover up to 50 % health (via regen), and then eat a bunch of snacks to fill up the rest :)

I always buy alot of EgoChasers before a Mission :=)

andym
  • andym

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Go to a store and stock up on snacks and drinks and smokes.Use them in game via the interactive menu when not near a Vending Machine.

Mr_Snorlax
  • Mr_Snorlax

Sleepy

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Go to a store and stock up on snacks and drinks and smokes.Use them in game via the interactive menu when not near a Vending Machine.

Dont smokes drop your health?

shawt22
  • shawt22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

I noticed that if you take cover and then eat a few snacks, your health bar replenishes faster

sslickk1
  • sslickk1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

You can eat snacks in cover? That never works for me.

martindm03
  • martindm03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Okay so vending machines and snacks, I didn't know about these thanks guys. I'm guessing you get them from the same stores that you can rob?

minieye
  • minieye

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by minieye, 11 October 2013 - 04:41 PM.

I don't know if some of you know this or not, judging by the posts, but in your interaction menu when you have the snacks (P's and Q's, meteorite,etc) if you hold the action button as oppose to just tapping it, you will get more out of that snack; replenishing your health bar and not wasting 6 of them. Of course this requires some coordination between your team as they would have to cover you in the time it takes for you to fully ingest whatever it is.

Hope this helps.
  • hafftrak, lonestranger and GTALegion like this

sslickk1
  • sslickk1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

I don't know if some of you know this or not, judging by the posts, but in your interaction menu when you have the snacks (P's and Q's, meteorite,etc) if you hold the action button as oppose to just tapping it, you will get more out of that snack; replenishing your health bar and not wasting 6 of them. Of course this requires some coordination between your team as they would have to cover you in the time it takes for you to fully ingest whatever it is.

Hope this helps.

Just tried that. Extremely helpful, thanks for the tip.

BlackeyGRAM
  • BlackeyGRAM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by BlackeyGRAM, 11 October 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Snacks work but use them while youre in cover. It skips the animation and it seems to give you more health than when it shows him eating it

martindm03
  • martindm03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Per your suggestions I have gone to stores and stocked up on snacks and drinks before missions and yes they do help quite a lot. You can eat snacks and drink drinks while in cover, no animation is played but you do regain health. You cannot however eat or drink while driving for some reason. I still have yet to find a vending machine that you all have mentioned though. I have looked inside the stores as well as inside ammunations, no vending machines that I have seen though.

lonestranger
  • lonestranger

Texture Artist

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:14 AM Edited by lonestranger, 20 October 2013 - 05:14 AM.

... if you hold the action button as oppose to just tapping it, you will get more out of that snack...

OMG thank you! I've been eating all sorts of snacks and eColas each time I need to regain health, and never got above 90%.  Now, I went from 70% to 100% with one EgoChaser!

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

... if you hold the action button as oppose to just tapping it, you will get more out of that snack...

OMG thank you! I've been eating all sorts of snacks and eColas each time I need to regain health, and never got above 90%.  Now, I went from 70% to 100% with one EgoChaser!
Yeah this was a MASSIVE tip for me! Thank you!

Setrakus
  • Setrakus

The Strategist.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

It takes 2 meteorite bars to bring up your health from half. To get the most health out of your snack, you MUST NOT release the action button when using the snack (Keep holding A or the left and right sticks, how ever you choose to eat) You character will take 3-4 bites out of the bar instead of biting once and dropping it, same goes for other items such as drinks smokes and other snacks.

Snack can be bought from stores located around LS for a fairly cheap price (I usually buy all of the clerks items and then rob him to get the money back right away)

[OP please edit your original post and add this, so that other can read this from the start]

CriminalHero
  • CriminalHero

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:49 AM Edited by CriminalHero, 20 October 2013 - 05:50 AM.

Hold left trigger(aim with a gun) then eat snacks , it will speed up the regeneration of your health by forgoing the eating animation, instantly giving health.

Meteorites and Egochasers give the most health. P and Qs give a small amount of health but can still be useful by eating the snack fast by using the method above. The method above only works with snacks, not drinks.

E-colas on the other hand give a very small amount of health, and there is no way that you can speed the process of drinking.

lonestranger
  • lonestranger

Texture Artist

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by lonestranger, 21 October 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Elsewhere, I saw an even better method than having to hold back/select and getting a snack from your inventory. From that same menu, change your "Action" to "Eat Snack". To perform your "Action", just press both L3 & R3 (both thumbsticks in). As before, hold them to eat the entire snack. You can't do it when in cover, but it's still more convenient when in the heat of battle.
  • hafftrak likes this

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Soda machines can be found in any parking garage. You can also find a bunch of them at the beach at the wall vendors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users