Photo

Survival > Farming

25 replies to this topic
Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

I just played my first session of Survival Mode and got rewarded with $20,000 which makes me think: why would people do the same thing over and over again in a boring marathon when they can just do half as many survival matches for 2x the reward? I mean seriously the mode is fun, not even hard if you work well with the other players, and you keep the weapons you had (until you leave the game like RDR)

JoeErvingRoG
  • JoeErvingRoG

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

you do know some of the missions people are replaying over and over pay upwards of 20k+ and take less time than round one on a survival job does....

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'd father farm.

• MaizeG likes this

MaizeG
  • MaizeG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

you do know some of the missions people are replaying over and over pay upwards of 20k+ and take less time than round one on a survival job does....

rooftop,rumble 25k 4k rp every 1min including pressing like then restart and load time. 1.12mins. That's why.

Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

But doesn't RR require a high level to start?

requiems420
  • requiems420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

I would rather win races and set bounties on people(:

STRUCTURES
  • STRUCTURES

Holy Roar

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thought they patched the replay button?

requiems420
  • requiems420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

But doesn't RR require a high level to start?

75 i think

JoeErvingRoG
  • JoeErvingRoG

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

I would rather win races and set bounties on people(:

agreed. im not in to doing the same thing over and over.  have yet to do the same mission twice, But however people want to play is fine by me.  Drake Malice-  Just keep in mind survival is not the fastest way to farm for RP and cash..

Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I didn't say farm Survival, yu play it...like a normal gamer. Just play survival without farming and grinding and you get big rewards. Plus it is fun...which the purpose of a GAME in the first plaace

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Too bad you can't replay missions using the Like + Trigger anymore. Haha!

Survival is fun and it pays well. I do it foremost for the skill bonuses and leveling up, the cash comes second to me.

EG_Lizard
  • EG_Lizard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Didn't they patch the replay button?

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Fastest way to get money I have seen is being good at racing and winning every time. Not saying I win every time, but if you do...easy 9-11k every 2-3 minutes.

McDeadly411
  • McDeadly411

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

I love survival mode, but it's hard as hell to find a group for it. Half the time you have to put up with a guy dying at the beginning of each round, which isn't going to get you through all 10 waves... There was a guy the other day in survival that was freaking out b/c he didn't have free aim, he ended up leaving in the first round.

I think that's pretty much the problem, though. People just aren't good enough to make it far enough to be lucrative, and the matchmaking system often makes it hard to find enough people to play with. Missions are often times easier (especially once you've the mission once or twice) and allow for limited respawns. Plus, joining random missions and getting a full game is a lot easier than with survival games.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Part of the challenge to survival is finding 3 others that will work together and coordinate strategies.  I sometimes will join 3 survival matches but not get coorporation or headsets and I leave until I find an ENGLISH speaking survival match with at least 2 using headsets.  Once you've found the people you want to survive with, you can keep going until we all get tired.  It's great!  And if you save players or add them as friends or crew members, even easier.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

I agree - survival is mad-fun and the rewards are decent. They may not compare to popular farm missions in gains, but 20K still ain't small beans.

kmmu232
  • kmmu232

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by kmmu232, 11 October 2013 - 04:56 PM.

http://socialclub.ro...wCEaCpeoOIEiiIA

Hope this works.

Survival helped buy my apt!

laughed @ this one,  they just kept coming  

Threw the grenade and caught some of them on fire.. as they came and i killed them.. they kept burning!

http://socialclub.ro...SBkyoF3Vi7RDWaQ

Bludwerk
  • Bludwerk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I farm Survival by myself with a 100% chance of success that does not involve any type of glitch, just a clever use of game mechanics. Am I cheating? No. Am I making $20,000 every 15 minutes, and getting an insane amount of extra XP from all the kills? Hell yes.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Nope, survival seems nice, till you run some of the other 20k payout missions that take a fraction of time. Heck, even the steal the Gasoline tanker pays 10k cash, and takes maybe 3-5 minutes, depending on if your fellow teammates are good at distraction the police to allow you to cool off.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Leise rieselt der Schnee

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Do u lose 2k Dollars if u die in survival mode?

Bludwerk
  • Bludwerk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Survival might take longer, but if you do it right, you can complete a 10-wave session yourself in 15 minutes, get a guaranteed $20k after all is said and done, and you also have exclusive access to every single kill, which means you can max out your Shooting and Stamina stats pretty quickly.

Anatomical
  • Anatomical

Cranberries

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

you don't lose money when you die, it was fixed in a patch. so far i have been getting good people to play survival it really isn't that hard though

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

I just played my first session of Survival Mode and got rewarded with $20,000 which makes me think: why would people do the same thing over and over again in a boring marathon when they can just do half as many survival matches for 2x the reward? I mean seriously the mode is fun, not even hard if you work well with the other players, and you keep the weapons you had (until you leave the game like RDR)

Different people have fun doing different things.

It's not even that radical a notion.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I didn't say farm Survival, yu play it...like a normal gamer. Just play survival without farming and grinding and you get big rewards. Plus it is fun...which the purpose of a GAME in the first plaace

If you're doing the same thing over and over again?  You're grinding.  Which means your farming.  If you are doing anything over and over again and getting RP, then you're grinding RP; same thing with $.

(Don't get me wrong: I grind RP and $ as much as possible)

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Lol

... Lol

...... A hahahah

The ignorance in this OP is astonishing.

1daymember
  • 1daymember

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

15 seconds for 25K + 4.2K RP >>> Whatever noise you're talking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users