Photo

What to do about idiots online?

59 replies to this topic
djjohnjarvis90
  • djjohnjarvis90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Ok so I'm just enjoying roaming and 2 stupid tw*ts come up to me. One steals my car so I chase him and he shoots out the window and kills me. I'm like ok fine, I'll just ignore it. Then some guy who was stood with him shoots me dead as soon as I respawn in the same spot. I forgot to put passive on so again I just ignored it. So then I respawn in the same spot and he is there waiting so I put passive on and he starts running me over in a car. I respawn in the same spot and instantly before I can bring up any menus he runs me over again and then twice after that. I lost a sh*t ton of money because of them and in the end all my hard work for that session was ruined and I just sent him a message telling him to stop and he tells me to either put passive on or join a private server. Why should I? Even if I was in a fighting mood, spawn killing with a car is a very cheap tactic. Is there anything I can do about idiots like this? Passive mode sucks and doesn't protect against idiots who are determined enough to keep harassing you. I didn't think this was the point of GTA Online or am I mistaken?

• dethbiker likes this

Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Welcome to humanity, genocide is the only cure! But seriously the dickheads outnumbered the "normal" people so you are kind of stuck with stuff. Unless you start a private server

requiems420
  • requiems420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

You can make your car so only you can enter btw, And i just put bounties on them until they cry like babies and leave(:

ZombieUnicornGamer
  • ZombieUnicornGamer

The One With The Gun

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

After the 1st or 2nd time of being spawn killed, just switch sessions already...

JoeErvingRoG
  • JoeErvingRoG

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

I have never been spawned in the same spot..... usually about 100-200 yards away. plenty of time to get into a safe spot... behind guardrail, around a corner,gun out and ready to kill... whatever the situation demands....

• slappyJ likes this

djjohnjarvis90
  • djjohnjarvis90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

After the 1st or 2nd time of being spawn killed, just switch sessions already...

Easier said than done when A. You aren't expecting it and B. they literally kill you before you have a chance to think or bring up any menus especially since I've only been playing online for 2 days.

I have never been spawned in the same spot..... usually about 100-200 yards away. plenty of time to get into a safe spot... behind guardrail, around a corner,gun out and ready to kill... whatever the situation demands....

Maybe GTA hates me then but when they are in a car coming from different directions and you are in an open area it's almost unavoidable.

• dethbiker and NoMeansYes like this

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by E1999Eternal, 11 October 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Ok so I'm just enjoying roaming and 2 stupid tw*ts come up to me. One steals my car so I chase him and he shoots out the window and kills me. I'm like ok fine, I'll just ignore it. Then some guy who was stood with him shoots me dead as soon as I respawn in the same spot. I forgot to put passive on so again I just ignored it. So then I respawn in the same spot and he is there waiting so I put passive on and he starts running me over in a car. I respawn in the same spot and instantly before I can bring up any menus he runs me over again and then twice after that. I lost a sh*t ton of money because of them and in the end all my hard work for that session was ruined and I just sent him a message telling him to stop and he tells me to either put passive on or join a private server. Why should I? Even if I was in a fighting mood, spawn killing with a car is a very cheap tactic. Is there anything I can do about idiots like this? Passive mode sucks and doesn't protect against idiots who are determined enough to keep harassing you. I didn't think this was the point of GTA Online or am I mistaken?

Press Start, go to a new room.  Why not do a solo session? 

Also, I'm pretty sure you can change your spawn location in the quick menu.

JoeErvingRoG
  • JoeErvingRoG

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

well ok out in the sticks or a field i could see this being more of a headache.....

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

In that situation quickly take out your shotgun and take cover, when they come close shotgun them.

ZombieUnicornGamer
  • ZombieUnicornGamer

The One With The Gun

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

I switched sessions while some dumbas* was running me over when I just spawned in freeroam from a mission..

Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

I tend to get gunned down by the people who were just in a mission with me. Before I can send my money to the bank or anything...f*ckin pricks
  • dethbiker likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

I seriously don't understand these douches. With GTIV about the only thing good online was for was straight up murder. But now they've implemented a whole economy with real estate etc. They've given us 700 (so I hear) missions to complete with friends and crews. There are stores to rob and dedicated death-matches for senseless killings. There are activities to do and an open world to explore. Yet for some reason all that 75% of these people want to do is randomly kill other online users. It can't be for money because if you have any sense you're depositing any cash you pick up. That pretty much means the only reasoning for it is that they enjoy making those of us that don't do it completely miserable. Such is the nature of the game though, so I guess it just has to be dealt with. 

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:35 PM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 11 October 2013 - 04:37 PM.

I don't usually kill, I feel bad about it, but sometimes a session is kinda like a big DM, so people just run around killing everyone. If you get good and kill them a few times they will get bored coming after you. Get used to quickly taking your gun out after spawning. Learn to find good cover and learn what weapons to use and where and when to use them.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

It's rare but it does happen. From their point of view it was a "hilarious" moment, but it's a shame the 'Bad Sport' system doesn't pick up on what most people would agree is being a bad sport. And that includes what happened in your story!

Until you're familiar with the situations of Online there is little you can do about this but later you learn methods for escape or retaliation, as mentioned in other posts.

Not much to do about griefers - go to another server and hope it's a better crowd.

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Passive mode is a death sentence! You are essentially hiring your own hitman, with you as the target, for a bargain price of $100...

If I was getting spawn killed like that, I would have left, unless I had a friend close by.

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

After a session where I won a couple of races, we all spawned together as we voted for free mode. Instantly I was run over, respawned and was run over, respawned and was run over. There was nowhere near enough time to switch sessions or even bring up any game menu. I was respawned in almost exactly the same spot each time.

Only avoided it again as the pezzo di merda drove off. He didn't even do it to collect any cash because he did not get out and collect any. What was the point? and why was I repeatedly placed next to someone in a car who had just run me over each time?

BronzePod
  • BronzePod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Maybe we could become the police. Every time we find some dickhead killing someone else, pick their car up with a Cargo Bob and release them in the middle of the ocean. 

I already know I can't be bothered doing this.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I seriously don't understand these douches. With GTIV about the only thing good online was for was straight up murder. But now they've implemented a whole economy with real estate etc. They've given us 700 (so I hear) missions to complete with friends and crews. There are stores to rob and dedicated death-matches for senseless killings. There are activities to do and an open world to explore. Yet for some reason all that 75% of these people want to do is randomly kill other online users. It can't be for money because if you have any sense you're depositing any cash you pick up. That pretty much means the only reasoning for it is that they enjoy making those of us that don't do it completely miserable. Such is the nature of the game though, so I guess it just has to be dealt with. 

Some people are just Griefers. They want to cause grief unto others.

mihai2011rom
  • mihai2011rom

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Get good or die trying

• Chaos-Elite likes this

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

You should have found another session immediately after spawning the second time.

Pause > Online > New Session

Problem solved.

Somebody did this to me once.  I enabled passive mode and got up on higher ground (I happened to be near a raised area).  When they left, I went home and on the way, I called in some Merryweather Mercs.  Right after that, a player killed my griefer, then another player killed the same griefer, then my mercs killed the griefer and he left right after that.

But if those other players hadn't been there?  I would have sent ANOTHER crew of mercs and also got into a Buzzard that spawns regularly for me and go after the son of a bitch and basically spend my time, money, and effort making his online session miserable.  And I just imagine that, on the other side of the controller, is some raging little pimply bastard screaming like an enraged girl every time he dies.

But, you know, we all get our thrills in different ways.

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

We are all aware of how to change sessions. The point is that it is impossible to do it in time before someone in a car (who is already next to where you spawn) runs you over. This would be a complete non-issue if the spawn point was well away from the point of death. The online tab is a number of button presses away, as is the launch new session button as well as the slight lag after pressing pause, more than enough time to simply turn in a car and repeat (especially as it takes a moment to respawn you, giving the driver more time to readjust)

Also, someone above talked about altering your spawn point in the menus, mine is and has always been set to property yet I was still sent to last location after a death. Only seems to affect logging in the first time/new session.

djjohnjarvis90
  • djjohnjarvis90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

After a session where I won a couple of races, we all spawned together as we voted for free mode. Instantly I was run over, respawned and was run over, respawned and was run over. There was nowhere near enough time to switch sessions or even bring up any game menu. I was respawned in almost exactly the same spot each time.

Only avoided it again as the pezzo di merda drove off. He didn't even do it to collect any cash because he did not get out and collect any. What was the point? and why was I repeatedly placed next to someone in a car who had just run me over each time?

Yea you described 100 percent what happened to me. I had just completed a mission and kept spawning in almost the exact same spot whilst the same guy kept running me over for no financial gain. Some other person stole my car for no reason so I was left totally stranded in the open and being only level 15 I don't really have any decent weapons yet or much money. The spawning system is seriously f**cked. And for those who keep saying change session, as this person said there just wasn't time between being killed lots of times.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

The point is that it is impossible to do it in time before someone in a car (who is already next to where you spawn) runs you over. 

Well, it works for me.  Sorry it doesn't work for you.  I guess the only thing I have left to say is:  get better at avoiding these situations or go on private sessions.  You don't want to hear it, but those are your options.

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

The point is that it is impossible to do it in time before someone in a car (who is already next to where you spawn) runs you over. 

Well, it works for me.  Sorry it doesn't work for you.  I guess the only thing I have left to say is:  get better at avoiding these situations or go on private sessions.  You don't want to hear it, but those are your options.

This was the first time it had happened to me so I now know to just quit out of a session instead of voting for free roam, lesson learnt. Even with the reflexes of a God it couldn't have been done in my situation.

I wasn't that bothered at the time, but hearing that others have suffered the same fate annoys me. At $2k a death this could really become expensive...

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

I've had this happen to me. But I was able to quickly go into the menu and select a new session after the 3rd time. And usually after missions I have enough time to enable passive mode, because 80% of the time someone will try to kill me. Especially after a game of Golf. Golf seems to attract dicks. 

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

To original poster if you are on PSN and want some back up to tackle idiots like this, let me and myself and crews members will come and rape them on your behalf, just set a bounty, and we'll hunt them and f*ck them over.  

- The Damned Brotherhood 

• LochFyneMonster likes this

combo65
  • combo65

It Spins

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3-pTcUdF5Xg

Sometimes you find a diamond mixed in with the turds.

djjohnjarvis90
  • djjohnjarvis90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

To original poster if you are on PSN and want some back up to tackle idiots like this, let me and myself and crews members will come and rape them on your behalf, just set a bounty, and we'll hunt them and f*ck them over.  

- The Damned Brotherhood 

Haha thanks but unfortunately I'm on Xbox Live. I've only been playing 2-3 days so I'll just have to plot some revenge next time. It's just this time I was totally unprepared and I was a little naive thinking everyone would just mind their own business but then it's online and I don't need to tell you what some people online are like.

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

- The Damned Brotherhood 

Haha thanks but unfortunately I'm on Xbox Live. I've only been playing 2-3 days so I'll just have to plot some revenge next time. It's just this time I was totally unprepared and I was a little naive thinking everyone would just mind their own business but then it's online and I don't need to tell you what some people online are like.

It's all good, I had the same sh*t first time playing, some ranked 20 fag chased me down with machines and more stamina, and my lazy ass and unarmed noob character unable to even run away.

Good luck ! 

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

• RPhilMan1 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users