Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why is Rockstar against farming all of a sudden?

19 replies to this topic
Bottom Gun
  • Bottom Gun

Formless

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

In GTA 4, everyone farmed Hangman's NOOSE, Rockstar changed nothing (Not that I remember).

In RDR, everyone farmed Pike's Basin, Rockstar halved the rewards after a certain time.(Although you can still farm, but at a slower pace)

In GTA Online, everyone farms violent duct, the replay option gets removed(twice), and the reward was watered down to 1/3 of it's original reward.

What happened to Rockstar to make this change?

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'm sure they would be less against the current Farming if they had Twice the Content and Moneysinks already implemented :)

What every Game needs to do is to add longevity and prolong Gameplay

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Money maybe? They need to sell cash cards. If everyone will have millions after a couple of weeks, who will buy them?
And if you want gta 6, or what ever it will be called, stop exploiting, or atleast dont get mad with it.

ApthyizDeath
  • ApthyizDeath

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

In GTA 4, everyone farmed Hangman's NOOSE, Rockstar changed nothing (Not that I remember).

In RDR, everyone farmed Pike's Basin, Rockstar halved the rewards after a certain time.(Although you can still farm, but at a slower pace)

In GTA Online, everyone farms violent duct, the replay option gets removed(twice), and the reward was watered down to 1/3 of it's original reward.

What happened to Rockstar to make this change?

It should be obvious what happened. Rockstar has brought micro-transactions to the table with this installment of GTA. They are walking down the path of EA and APB:R(PC version). Financially, it doesn't make sense for Rockstar to allow people to farm a large amount of cash. They want you to get impatient and buy cash cards. They INTEND for most people to get impatient with the inadequate rewards, break down, and buy cash cards. 

Terp 31
  • Terp 31

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Every game you talk about in the past didn't have such a complex currency as GTA V.  Money can be used for much more and how much RP you have the more access you have to certain things.  They don't want you to have everything in a matter of a week.  Im not against farming but i can understand why they did it.  And if your whining about cash cards...You don't have to buy them to get anywhere in the game, it might be quicker with cash cards but its not required

• Futo likes this

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

As everyone will probably say, it's mainly to do with cash cards. They want moooneyyyy.

I suppose you could say they want to save levels or something for future DLC. Honestly I don't care that much. My connection is only good enough to rob stores in solo sessions and do the odd races, so I just have fun, levels and money don't mean sh*t to me.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Lol, it's not hard to make money...
  • Futo likes this

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

The simple answer? Cash Cards.

Greed makes the world go round.

Hadria
  • Hadria

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Like its so hard to earn money in this game.

bongoclock
  • bongoclock

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

They aren't against farming, they openly stated that they want the replay function to be available, and they have no issues with people replaying. However there is a bug in the replay that is causing server congestion, and when a million people are spamming to replay the same mission is f*cks up the cloud. So it has been disabled until a fix can be properly established.

Unfortunately despite your belief Rock Star doesn't give a sh*t about you, they want stable servers for the other millions of people who can't even get online to play consistently.

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Every game you talk about in the past didn't have such a complex currency as GTA V.  Money can be used for much more and how much RP you have the more access you have to certain things.  They don't want you to have everything in a matter of a week.  Im not against farming but i can understand why they did it.  And if your whining about cash cards...You don't have to buy them to get anywhere in the game, it might be quicker with cash cards but its not required

Spot on post mate.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

So basically what most of these guys are saying, is if they weren't able to farm for it they would be the ones buying cash cards. Always looking for the easy way out, eh?

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:04 PM Edited by Officer Will Troll, 11 October 2013 - 05:04 PM.

Spot on post mate.

Not even in the slightest.

How does one argue that cash cards don't let you get anywhere but then contradict themselves in the same damn sentence? What are the common peoples goals? Decent apartment? Gun mods? Some modded cars? Most of the decent cars in the game cannot be just stolen, they have to be bought. The entire premise of the game is to acquire funds to get the sh*t you want.

Rockstar doesn't give a f*ck about how quick you are to earn your rank/money, because as a legitimate developer they understand that people play the game differently. It's like you people who think that farmers are exploiting the game. A farmer isn't exploting the game just because he's ok with replaying the same mission. He's just got patience and the ability to not get bored with it. Some don't, some don't like to play that way. It's all about play style.

Rockstar can't make money via micro-transactions if people can just farm the cash they want. Gurantee you if there were no cash cards, we'd still have a replay button.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Lol, it's not hard to make money...

Exactly.

VESIUS
  • VESIUS

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

No, the problem is rank. Money is whatever as you have to be a certain level to buy a lot of things anyway. However because these missions also give you rank, that's the problem. I hate the fact that a lot of people are now millionaires and level 120s etc.. It's stupid, there's no prestige left in the game or anything of that nature, which renders rank and money useless. Now all there's left to do is really crew fights which who know when they will be added.

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

No, the problem is rank. Money is whatever as you have to be a certain level to buy a lot of things anyway. However because these missions also give you rank, that's the problem. I hate the fact that a lot of people are now millionaires and level 120s etc.. It's stupid, there's no prestige left in the game or anything of that nature, which renders rank and money useless. Now all there's left to do is really crew fights which who know when they will be added.

Not really. Rank doesn't make your aim better. And why would they patch a mission to give lower cash rewards, and not XP? I'll tell you why, because money is the issue and they cant make money if people can farm it. They don't give a f*ck what rank you are. As long as you're playing the game they're happy, but when you play the game and crash their cash card business, they have issue.

iShootxWMP
  • iShootxWMP

Gamertag = I Shoot xWMP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

You guys don't know how to research

http://support.rocks...in-between-jobs

They're obviously working on it

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

They want this online to last a good few years. People hitting lvl 100 and having millions of dollars within the first two weeks kind of discourages people from sticking around.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Spot on post mate.

Not even in the slightest.

How does one argue that cash cards don't let you get anywhere but then contradict themselves in the same damn sentence? What are the common peoples goals? Decent apartment? Gun mods? Some modded cars? Most of the decent cars in the game cannot be just stolen, they have to be bought. The entire premise of the game is to acquire funds to get the sh*t you want.

Rockstar doesn't give a f*ck about how quick you are to earn your rank/money, because as a legitimate developer they understand that people play the game differently. It's like you people who think that farmers are exploiting the game. A farmer isn't exploting the game just because he's ok with replaying the same mission. He's just got patience and the ability to not get bored with it. Some don't, some don't like to play that way. It's all about play style.

Rockstar can't make money via micro-transactions if people can just farm the cash they want. Gurantee you if there were no cash cards, we'd still have a replay button.

That maybe so but I'm not so cynical in my thinking towards R*. Over the years they've offered a value for money in their games and dlc's that for me surpasses every other developer. If they want to offer micro-transactions to people in a game mode which is free to play then so be it.

I don't farm, I dunnit once for 1/2 hour but it's not for me. I'm making money from variety in my play which is what I find fun. My bank balance is healthy and ill never buy a cash card coz I like the challenge of earning it myself, but some people want a quick fix, and the cash cards are there for them.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

They want this online to last a good few years. People hitting lvl 100 and having millions of dollars within the first two weeks kind of discourages people from sticking around.

But it has absolutely no impact whatsoever on the people who have yet to buy the game.

Don't be mistaken: those of us who own it and play it now are not the only ones who will ever play it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users