Photo

Warning for rockstar!

19 replies to this topic
ftomiky
  • ftomiky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

This topic is a prediction I have made for the future of rockstar games, the issue I see is with the big mystery about the mount chiliad mural. millions of avid players are still battling with what can only be described as the biggest puzzle in gaming history. and after weeks of trying, it seems we as unit are still baffled by this to the point of frustration. there are huge amount of players spending hours or even days maybe even weeks on this and there is still no confirmation from rockstar of anything existing. I am in the camp of believing that there maybe a flyable ufo/jetpack or a dinosaur available with in this game if you figure it all out. However if this huge hunt is all for nothing like the bigfoot from san andreas, then future games wont be given a fair play. I understand by not saying anything on this matter rockstar must be enjoying the amount of focus their new game is getting. but if it turns out they are sitting back and watching their biggest fans drive themselves crazy hunting for nothing. then they are in danger of alienating a lot of their fan base. 

I feel that rockstar should officially state if there is a ufo/jetpack/dino just so we all know our searching is not in vane. they don't need to tell us how to get them but some sort of hint would be much appreciated.

What do you guys think?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

The same thing happened with the myths in GTA SA for years, and years and years and all they did was laugh. Won't be any different. ;)

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

While it would be lovely if they would just release a list and say "you guys have found X, X, X, but Y and Z are still out there", but you know they won't, it's not good for business.  They want us to hunt forever, it sells more games.

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

This topic is a prediction I have made for the future of rockstar games, the issue I see is with the big mystery about the mount chiliad mural. millions of avid players are still battling with what can only be described as the biggest puzzle in gaming history. and after weeks of trying, it seems we as unit are still baffled by this to the point of frustration. there are huge amount of players spending hours or even days maybe even weeks on this and there is still no confirmation from rockstar of anything existing. I am in the camp of believing that there maybe a flyable ufo/jetpack or a dinosaur available with in this game if you figure it all out. However if this huge hunt is all for nothing like the bigfoot from san andreas, then future games wont be given a fair play. I understand by not saying anything on this matter rockstar must be enjoying the amount of focus their new game is getting. but if it turns out they are sitting back and watching their biggest fans drive themselves crazy hunting for nothing. then they are in danger of alienating a lot of their fan base. 

I feel that rockstar should officially state if there is a ufo/jetpack/dino just so we all know our searching is not in vane. they don't need to tell us how to get them but some sort of hint would be much appreciated.

What do you guys think?

Well, to me having a mystery out there that is yet to be solved kind of makes me want to play the game more. Whether it's true or false.

I think back to Red Dead Redemption: people had claimed that there was a ghost. Man, everytime I played I visited the secluded locations at night....just hoping to see one.

Of course it all turned out to be somewhat untrue....yet I felt that my gameplay experience had been heightened.

ftomiky
  • ftomiky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

I get why they keep quiet but this particular mystery with so many different possible angles to solve it, could seriously effect some people. there are some people who will focus on this and let it engulf their lives. if there is nothing to be found at the end and all the searching is for nothing its gonna upset a lot of people. those people would not invest as much time into the next game because of it

ftomiky
  • ftomiky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

What do you guys think?

Well, to me having a mystery out there that is yet to be solved kind of makes me want to play the game more. Whether it's true or false.

I think back to Red Dead Redemption: people had claimed that there was a ghost. Man, everytime I played I visited the secluded locations at night....just hoping to see one.

Of course it all turned out to be somewhat untrue....yet I felt that my gameplay experience had been heightened.

I enjoy a good puzzle to, but only if it is really a puzzle and not a dead end. I get the bigfoot from SA, the ghost from RDR because they are just things to witness. this mount chiliad puzzle has lots of people thinking they can fly ufo's and a jetpack and ride a dinosaur through the streets. this is more enticing to achieve and more time will be spent trying to achieve it

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

R* didn't even make trains drivable and you all think they put a dinosaur with a saddle, a jetpack, or even a flyable UFO in the game? puhlease.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yes they should confirm it, just not for a couple of years..... I like the wonder of it

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by fish61324, 11 October 2013 - 03:55 PM.

What do you guys think?

What they should do it just say whether we ARE searching in vain, or if there is SOMETHING at the end of the road. I don't want to know what it is, if there is something at the end of the puzzle..... I've probably dedicated about 1 hour of my own gameplay to the puzzle (if it exists) for the very reason you are writing about. I don't want to spend weeks looking for something that isn't there.  BUT I have spent a lot of time reading the threads on here about the mystery... al though I haven't read much lately. I'm just waiting now... I know I'M not going to be the one who solves the mystery (again, if there is one).. so I'm just sitting back and waiting now.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Can't you just accept that there isn't a jet pack and move on with your life?

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

i think R* like to code random things into the game and people with a lot of free time and lots of imagination get this things too personal.

Fizzlepop531
  • Fizzlepop531

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Can't you just accept that there isn't a jet pack and move on with your life?

Can't you just accept that people are enjoying the hunt and move on with your life?

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

trollstar.png

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

i don't even know what you're talking about...

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

reveal moth man and everything else kept a mystery

Oh, I know what I saw that day.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Can somebody please explain this whole Chiliad conspiracy thing; it's origins and all that suff? I haven't really been following it.

dang_blanco
  • dang_blanco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:03 PM Edited by dang_blanco, 11 October 2013 - 06:03 PM.

First off, I'm not Brian and I won't have a problem with anyone disagreeing with my views, so please don't ban me. :colgate:

But he was just a wee bit right in his statement that you guys are looking at the puzzle all wrong.

It's not a puzzle, in the sense that you can put the pieces together manually in order to see the entire picture. Nor is it a puzzle that can be solved by finding each variable and making them interact until an answer is unlocked.

Every clue given has had a direct connection to the central plot and themes of the single player campaign. It is especially important to recognize how you as an individual relate to the story, as well as the characters and environments within.

Every time this perspective has been expressed here, it's been largely dismissed or ignored. I can only recommned that people stop separating the puzzle from the story. Play the game through again and pay attention to why each clue is present, or risk turning a great piece of art into a mundane series of tasks and commands.

Good luck!

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Can somebody please explain this whole Chiliad conspiracy thing; it's origins and all that suff? I'm lazy and don't want to have to use my own brain.

FTFY

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Can somebody please explain this whole Chiliad conspiracy thing; it's origins and all that suff? I'm lazy and don't want to have to use my own brain.

FTFY

Looks like I've got my very own internet stalker. I feel so proud.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

FTFY

Looks like I've got my very own internet stalker. I feel so proud.

Dont flatter yourself, I find your idiocy and compelling urge to run in circles amusing.  Keep dancing for me.  You're almost too easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users