Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb post, but I wanted to understand a bit more about Hangers and planes as I am a bit confused.
I have a few questions.
1. If you take a plane (bought or stolen) to the Desert Airfield, does it stay there?
2. What if you fly it to another airfield (say the main airport) and leave it there (or crash)? Does it respawn back?
3. What about other Characters? Example, If you take/land a plane as Franklyn is it there for Trevor?
4. I flew the Business Jet up to the airfield and parked it in the hanger.. now, when I reload it inside, but the tail is jammed against the roof and I can't get it out.. Will it stay there forever? Can I do something to empty the hanger?
5. Trevors little Airfield? Can I park planes there?
6. People talk about the hanger at the Main airport.. How can you get a hanger, considering the moment you step foot in the airport you are Wanted? Does it get to a point in the game where you can roam around the airport freely without the Police coming?
7. Back to question 1.. Does it mean that every TYPE of plane you fly too, and land at the Desert Airfield, now saves there and respawns as/when needed?
I am sure there are more questions, but for now, answers to any of this would help
1. If you mean the Sandy Shores Airfield that belongs to Trevor, yes, if you taxi your plane into the hanger and leave it there, it will be saved unless if you parked it incorrectly.
2. If you try to leave your plane at the Los Santos International Airport, unless if you have bought the hanger, it will not save. If you try to leave your plane at the Fort Zancudo landing strip, you'll be shot down with it. I'm not 100% sure about the McKenzie Field Hanger as it might be only for the
3. Say if you fly a helicopter as Michael to the Sandy Shores Airfield, Trevor's planes and helicopters won't show up as they are only for his use, but Michael can land the helicopter/plane on the runway, and then quickly switch to Trevor so he can save it as him.
4. I believe you can try blowing up the jet to make room for another plane, but it may respawn. I'd suggest quickly blowing up the plane, and then getting another plane to take it's spot before the old jet respawns.
5. Indeed you can, just land your plane at the Sandy Shores Airfield and taxi the plane into the hanger, get out and then save your game.
6. There will be a Dynasty8 sign out front of one of the security checkpoints, just purchase it from there. After you purchase the hanger at the airport, you can roam freely throughout the airport, without the risk of getting a wanted level. I think you will still get a wanted level if you try to steal one of the jets/planes that aren't yours at the airport, but I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know.
7. I think all planes except the jumbo jet, the Titan and the Blimp can be saved at the Sandy Shores Airfield as the jumbo jet, Titan and Blimp (however you can just request a Blimp any time from your Contacts, considering you preordered) are too big to taxi into the hanger. So far, I've seen the Luxor, Shamal, Duster, Cuban 800, P996 Lazer (military fighter jet) and the Mallard get saved in the hanger.
I hope this helps and answers all of your questions.