Photo

Questions about Planes and Hangers

8 replies to this topic
jweaver
  • jweaver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb post, but I wanted to understand a bit more about Hangers and planes as I am a bit confused.

I have a few questions.

1. If you take a plane (bought or stolen) to the Desert Airfield, does it stay there?

2. What if you fly it to another airfield (say the main airport) and leave it there (or crash)? Does it respawn back?

3. What about other Characters? Example, If you take/land a plane as Franklyn is it there for Trevor?

4. I flew the Business Jet up to the airfield and parked it in the hanger.. now, when I reload it inside, but the tail is jammed against the roof and I can't get it out.. Will it stay there forever? Can I do something to empty the hanger?

5. Trevors little Airfield? Can I park planes there?

6. People talk about the hanger at the Main airport.. How can you get a hanger, considering the moment you step foot in the airport you are Wanted? Does it get to a point in the game where you can roam around the airport freely without the Police coming?

7. Back to question 1.. Does it mean that every TYPE of plane you fly too, and land at the Desert Airfield, now saves there and respawns as/when needed?

I am sure there are more questions, but for now, answers to any of this would help

Jon

cmichaelson
  • cmichaelson

Respect

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

I was wondering that too. Bump this

dshadowm32
  • dshadowm32

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

I can answer some of these.
2- if you put.them in a hangar,then they will respawn usually.
3-no,its character specific.
6-you can buy one at the front gate,after a certain point.

jweaver
  • jweaver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by jweaver, 11 October 2013 - 03:16 PM.

I can answer some of these.
2- if you put.them in a hangar,then they will respawn usually.
3-no,its character specific.
6-you can buy one at the front gate,after a certain point.

Cheers for that.. .

With regards to 3... Last night I flew the business jet up to the airfield and put it in the hanger as Franklyn.. Then after 4 attempts (reloading saves each time) to get it out, admitted defeat as the tail was jammed.

Today I tryed again.. The game loaded with Franklyn still at the Airfield.. And still with the same jet jammed in the hanger.

So I switched to Trevor.. Nicked the same plane.. And flew it up to the airfield.

When I got there.. The other jet was still in the hanger, jammed in place.. So clearly there is some crossover between Charaters.

As for the main Airport, does this mean that once you have a hanger, you can then free roam around the airport without getting 'wanted'?

jon

dshadowm32
  • dshadowm32

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Ah,sorry,I didn't know they crossed over. But,yeah,when you buy frank or Micheals hangar,you don't get a wanted level. Trevor can't buy one as he has his in sandy shores.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I jammed my jet in the hanger too. Solved it by shooting the tail til it came off, then backing the jet straight out, then saving with it outside the hanger. It's still there, but with the tail out of the hanger enough to get the jet out.

Champerss
  • Champerss

Snitch

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:00 PM Edited by Champerss, 11 October 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb post, but I wanted to understand a bit more about Hangers and planes as I am a bit confused.

I have a few questions.

1. If you take a plane (bought or stolen) to the Desert Airfield, does it stay there?

2. What if you fly it to another airfield (say the main airport) and leave it there (or crash)? Does it respawn back?

3. What about other Characters? Example, If you take/land a plane as Franklyn is it there for Trevor?

4. I flew the Business Jet up to the airfield and parked it in the hanger.. now, when I reload it inside, but the tail is jammed against the roof and I can't get it out.. Will it stay there forever? Can I do something to empty the hanger?

5. Trevors little Airfield? Can I park planes there?

6. People talk about the hanger at the Main airport.. How can you get a hanger, considering the moment you step foot in the airport you are Wanted? Does it get to a point in the game where you can roam around the airport freely without the Police coming?

7. Back to question 1.. Does it mean that every TYPE of plane you fly too, and land at the Desert Airfield, now saves there and respawns as/when needed?

I am sure there are more questions, but for now, answers to any of this would help

Jon

1. If you mean the Sandy Shores Airfield that belongs to Trevor, yes, if you taxi your plane into the hanger and leave it there, it will be saved unless if you parked it incorrectly.

2. If you try to leave your plane at the Los Santos International Airport, unless if you have bought the hanger, it will not save. If you try to leave your plane at the Fort Zancudo landing strip, you'll be shot down with it. I'm not 100% sure about the McKenzie Field Hanger as it might be only for the

Spoiler

3. Say if you fly a helicopter as Michael to the Sandy Shores Airfield, Trevor's planes and helicopters won't show up as they are only for his use, but Michael can land the helicopter/plane on the runway, and then quickly switch to Trevor so he can save it as him.

4. I believe you can try blowing up the jet to make room for another plane, but it may respawn. I'd suggest quickly blowing up the plane, and then getting another plane to take it's spot before the old jet respawns.

5. Indeed you can, just land your plane at the Sandy Shores Airfield and taxi the plane into the hanger, get out and then save your game.

6. There will be a Dynasty8 sign out front of one of the security checkpoints, just purchase it from there. After you purchase the hanger at the airport, you can roam freely throughout the airport, without the risk of getting a wanted level. I think you will still get a wanted level if you try to steal one of the jets/planes that aren't yours at the airport, but I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know.

7. I think all planes except the jumbo jet, the Titan and the Blimp can be saved at the Sandy Shores Airfield as the jumbo jet, Titan and Blimp (however you can just request a Blimp any time from your Contacts, considering you preordered) are too big to taxi into the hanger. So far, I've seen the Luxor, Shamal, Duster, Cuban 800, P996 Lazer (military fighter jet) and the Mallard get saved in the hanger.

I hope this helps and answers all of your questions. 

jweaver
  • jweaver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Thanks for your answers.. its starting to make sense...

Just for clarity.. When i talk about Trevors little Airfield, I am talking about "McKenzie".. Am I right in thinking that whilst you can land there, you can't save anything here.. Its just for the Drug/Arms Missions..

Once they are over, can you do anything else? Can you use this airfield for anything?

I take it that all of the 'saving' is done at "Sandy Shores".. Can you clarify whether you actually need to put the plane in the hanger for it to save? Or can you just leave it on the apron?

Out of interest, lets say you have saved a lot of planes there, are they are visible, scattered around.. Or like the Heli, do you just choose which plane you want to appear?

Jon

Champerss
  • Champerss

Snitch

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by Champerss, 11 October 2013 - 05:00 PM.

Thanks for your answers.. its starting to make sense...

Just for clarity.. When i talk about Trevors little Airfield, I am talking about "McKenzie".. Am I right in thinking that whilst you can land there, you can't save anything here.. Its just for the Drug/Arms Missions..

Once they are over, can you do anything else? Can you use this airfield for anything?

I take it that all of the 'saving' is done at "Sandy Shores".. Can you clarify whether you actually need to put the plane in the hanger for it to save? Or can you just leave it on the apron?

Out of interest, lets say you have saved a lot of planes there, are they are visible, scattered around.. Or like the Heli, do you just choose which plane you want to appear?

Jon

I believe I completed all of the arms/drug running missions, and so far I think you can only store one small airplane (a stuntplane, crop duster, etc.) and that's about it.

And yes, the main and ideal places to store airplanes and helicopters are Sandy Shores Airfield and Los Santos International. I do think you must taxi the airplane into the hanger for it to save, because leaving it outside may cause it to despawn, or maybe just automatically puts itself into the hanger. I'm not entirely sure.

And finally, I think you can only save one plane at a time as say you already saved the P996 Lazer fighter jet inside your hanger, and you try to get a Luxor private jet, the fighter jet is already inside the hanger, sticking out, so you have to choose which one you want best. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users