Quantcast

» «
Photo

Mini Map Poll-White Dots or No White Dots?

29 replies to this topic

Poll: White Dots or No Whie Dots??? (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Keep every on mini map as a White Dot or Only show on map when a Bounty has been placed on Them?

1. Keep everyone as a White dot always. (33 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

2. Only show players on mini map when they have a bounty on them. (27 votes [45.00%])

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Would you rather everyone show on the mini map as white dots or only show up on the mini map when they have a bounty on them?

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by Chaos-Elite, 11 October 2013 - 02:34 PM.

White dots except when people are in stealth mode.

Also when you use the extended radar you can't see your health bar. Would be great if they fixed that.

JoeErvingRoG
  • JoeErvingRoG

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

i would like a hardcore server option. no waypoints, freeaim, and only show on mini map with bounties, LOS or by sound...

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Colorful dots!

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

i would like a hardcore server option. no waypoints, freeaim, and only show on mini map with bounties, LOS or by sound...

Yeah, I feel people should have to look for one another not be able to always see their locations.

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

optional on server basis

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

optional on server basis

That would be cool as well.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

I don't like the dot radar system, personally. It seems like it would be more interesting (and more realistic, honestly) if we had no idea where other players were. Players with bounties having dots makes sense, but then I think that game mechanic would get abused (but it would still be preferable). Friends and crew should still have dots for convenience sake.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

I don't like the dot radar system, personally. It seems like it would be more interesting (and more realistic, honestly) if we had no idea where other players were. Players with bounties having dots makes sense, but then I think that game mechanic would get abused (but it would still be preferable). Friends and crew should still have dots for convenience sake.

The draw/loading distance sometimes doesn't even let you see someone you can clearly see infront of you on the radar. You would never see another player unless they drive past you.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I would like the option to permanently mark players with a colour. Blinking their marker is okay but it stops sometimes and it is less useful for multiple marked people. Also, north needs to be clearer.

I wouldn't like all blips off though. I WOULD like all blips off within two blocks or something similar.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 11 October 2013 - 03:10 PM.

A suggestion would be

Friends always shown on Minimap as Green Dots

Crew-members always shown on Minimap as Purple Dots

Other Players shown as White Dots, but when they Stealth it would be a Blinking White Dot,

ie they will only be visible for 1 sec, then invisible for 2 secs, then visible for 1 sec again (Where did he/she go? Easy to lose when in Stealth), as to not make Lesters Ability to remove Blips obsolete.

Bounty-Targets always shown as Red Dots that give off a "Ping"-sound when close :D

meathead316
  • meathead316

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

I think the dots should stay but should be coloured, red if you make a habit or randomly attacking other players, green if you dont
  • Chaos-Elite likes this

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

I would prefer COLOR'D dots, and I like the stealth mode hides dot thing, except if you have a bounty you shouldn't be able to hide

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

I think the dots should stay but should be coloured, red if you make a habit or randomly attacking other players, green if you dont

That would be helpful.

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Colorful dots!

Ah yeah the GTA 4 system.

I kinda liked it, made identifying other players easier.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm trying to kill online people!

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

As the map only has 16 players it would be a bit crap if they removed the dots from the map. You'd never know where anyone was and could spend an age without bumping into anyone else.

If you don't want to be seen on the map...phone Lester.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

As the map only has 16 players it would be a bit crap if they removed the dots from the map. You'd never know where anyone was and could spend an age without bumping into anyone else.

Lester does have a "Reveal Blips" function as well :)

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm trying to kill online people!

:lol:

Photoman
  • Photoman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

If you don't want to be seen on the map...phone Lester.

Was not aware of this feature from Lester.

robbo216
  • robbo216

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Wow I don't think some of you that want the white dots turned off realise just how unlikely it is that you would ever 'bump' into another player, with the size of the map and only maybe 8-16 other players in there the chances would be slim to none.

If you don't want to play with anybody else then just click on Solo session? or if you just want your friends then invite only, it really isn't hard!

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I actually liked the color dots GTAIV had, it's much easier than using the "highlight player" option that only lasts a while.
Dots SHOULD disappear while you're in stealth, but be highlighted for everyone when being chased by the cops with 4 stars and above and during bounties.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Colorful dots!

Ah yeah the GTA 4 system.

I kinda liked it, made identifying other players easier.

Oh the days of calling people by their colours. It was definitely easier.

YardGnomeNinja
  • YardGnomeNinja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by YardGnomeNinja, 11 October 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Oh the days of calling people by their colours. It was definitely easier.

racist1.gif  :lol:

YardGnomeNinja
  • YardGnomeNinja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Saying "NEVER show a dot" is going way too far.

It being an always-on unless you pay to hide feature is backwards.

Draw enough attention to yourself and be displayed or have someone who's paid to see a player or all players... totally cool.

Yes, there are many ways to avoid other dots, etc. etc....

As for the size, I think that makes the multiplayer more interesting instead of less. It won't be a constant barrage of 'GLARBLELELDGDJDHA! WHITE DOT MUST KILL! BLDJAJHSHHJHEESSS!!!!11!oneone!1"

Many of the players are still going to play like they just escaped a mental institution, so hiding won't be that common.

You're cruising for marks. You may not suspect someone walking down the street is a psychopath as you drive by. They spot you blowing red lights and realize you are human. They jack a car and chase you down. You were the hunter, but now are the hunted. 

Do you run? Do your turn and fight?

These experiences become a bit more like the "Strangers and Freaks" missions. You're not constantly barraged with over-the-top rampant blood-letting... unless you want to start some sh*t or join some sh*t you can see is already going down.

As it stands the white dot acts as a beacon of "Go here to murder a 'special character'". I would rather know things are happening organically or maybe I was marked specifically rather than what we have now "We've made the bar for finding players so low, harassing someone shopping at Binco has become the game".

Jizzle
  • Jizzle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

As for the size, I think that makes the multiplayer more interesting instead of less. It won't be a constant barrage of 'GLARBLELELDGDJDHA! WHITE DOT MUST KILL! BLDJAJHSHHJHEESSS!!!!11!oneone!1"

Many of the players are still going to play like they just escaped a mental institution, so hiding won't be that common.

You're cruising for marks. You may not suspect someone walking down the street is a psychopath as you drive by. They spot you blowing red lights and realize you are human. They jack a car and chase you down. You were the hunter, but now are the hunted. 

Do you run? Do your turn and fight?

These experiences become a bit more like the "Strangers and Freaks" missions. You're not constantly barraged with over-the-top rampant blood-letting... unless you want to start some sh*t or join some sh*t you can see is already going down.

As it stands the white dot acts as a beacon of "Go here to murder a 'special character'". I would rather know things are happening organically or maybe I was marked specifically rather than what we have now "We've made the bar for finding players so low, harassing someone shopping at Binco has become the game".

I had to make an account just to express how much I agree with this sentiment. The idea of placing this white dots on the map immediately let me know that I wasn't going to appreciate multiplayer at all if I couldn't join/create a server to turn them off on. It's looking like that's not an option, so it's looking like solo for me. What a frickin shame.

Who in their right mind thought that it would ADD to the experience to let everyone know where everyone else is? That's not fun. Fun is hearing an explosion and seeing a car race by you with four cops following them. Fun isn't "oh, I see a white dot running up on me, better prepare for another g****** shootout."

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

it would be way too easy to grief if there were no dots.

TargetTango
  • TargetTango

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

How about the ability to change options in free mode. One were you can turn friendly fire off, another with the blips off. You know, like in GTA IV.

aussiemcgr
  • aussiemcgr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

No dots and no names above your head. Let the people blend in with the computer citizens...until they pull a gun out...

JohnMcClainNYPD
  • JohnMcClainNYPD

New York Undercover

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by JohnMcClainNYPD, 24 October 2013 - 03:23 AM.

I wish the dots of the people that killed you would change color (for the remainder of the session). I've had someone kill me and then I've accidentally gone after the wrong person and killed them because I was chasing a 'white dot'. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users