Don't BUY a Helicopter!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic
MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

This just applies to transport, not attack helicopters.

I just bought one, the Maverick. While I was saving up for one I was calling in the Merryweather Pickup (Accessible @lvl 30 iirc) that costs $1000 a go, and is delivered to your feet.

With the PAID for one that costs $780,000, not only does it STIL cost $1000 each time you use it, is only delivered to the nearest heli pad, making it actually less convenient than the Merryweather one.

f*ckin retarded.

Anyhoo, thought I'd warn other for five minutes before this thread disappears under a new wave of for/against farming threads

• WarM4chine, lxr, SilencedScream and 2 others like this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hopefully they will add Private Helipads for the State of the Art Apartments in the future :)

Or just a lil change to Merriweather

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Good heads up.
Thank you.

I'd avoided purchasing a helicopter all together, thinking that it wouldn't be able to respawn at all.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Always a Frogger coming into land at the Heli Tours locations as well, even during missions if you are stuck.

Just kill the pilot quick once he has landed or he flys of when you approach him.

WesleyEng.com
  • WesleyEng.com

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

I was pretty disappointed when I bought the buzzard and and to drive to it, BUT I was EVEN MORE DISAPPOINTED WHEN I SAW A BUNCH OF OTHER HELICOPTERS NEXT TO MINE! FOR FREE!!!!!

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the advice, I probably wasn't going to get one anyway but now I'm definitely not!

IbarakiBen
  • IbarakiBen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

I was disappointed that the high rise apartments do not have helipads.

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:29 PM Edited by MuddledMuppet, 11 October 2013 - 02:29 PM.

Always a Frogger coming into land at the Heli Tours locations as well, even during missions if you are stuck.

Just kill the pilot quick once he has landed or he flys of when you approach him.

I'm gonna show my n00byness here, but whre are the heli tours? i was under the impression that during missions there were no heli's around anywhere

@ Ibarakiben, yeah me too, they really shoulda had a helipad with a lift for the really expensive apartments

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

I'm gonna show my n00byness here, but whre are the heli tours? i was under the impression that during missions there were no heli's around anywhere

@ Ibarakiben, yeah me too, they really shoulda had a helipad with a lift for the really expensive apartments

Always occurs during missions for me, it starts off coming in to land, you will hear it before you see it.

It is the same heli tour place Franklin and Mike can buy in SP mode. Down at the Marina to the West of the main airport.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

The current system for helicopters, planes and boats are just awful.

For planes or helicopters you have to pick these up at a helipad or airport, the funny thing is if you are high enough lvl to afford these those helipads and airports will already spawn these exact vehicles or perhaps even better ones, making it completly useless.

They really need to nerf the random spawning vehicles at helipads and aiports down to the most basic ones (maverick and croppduster), not to mention adding helipads on the high end apartments.

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

The current system for helicopters, planes and boats are just awful.

For planes or helicopters you have to pick these up at a helipad or airport, the funny thing is if you are high enough lvl to afford these those helipads and airports will already spawn these exact vehicles or perhaps even better ones, making it completly useless.

They really need to nerf the random spawning vehicles at helipads and aiports down to the most basic ones (maverick and croppduster), not to mention adding helipads on the high end apartments.

really couldnt beleive that the high end apartments didnt have heli pad when i first saw them

Kammakazi
  • Kammakazi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

It sucks cause when you call in Pegasus to deliver, they suck sh*t and WILL NOT deliver it to the nearest pad/airway.. -_- (Go to Trevor's house and call in your helicopter and I guarantee it will be on top of the hospital in LS)

• Exvivian likes this

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

LOL you really bought a helicopter that doesn't have any attack options when there's a bunch of helicopters you could snag for free?

:miranda:

• Nyraider77 likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

They should give the Merryweather helicopters bullet-proof windshields. It shouldn't be possible to hijack it.

007_eleven
  • 007_eleven

The 80's are never over!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

LOL you really bought a helicopter that doesn't have any attack options when there's a bunch of helicopters you could snag for free?
:miranda:

It's nice to own stuff. Owning a helicopter would allow for more consistent availability & access to the right model if they didn't screw you over.

FlairGamerHD
  • FlairGamerHD

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Should I buy an Annihilator?

neato9611
  • neato9611

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

Upgrades should be introduced, alongside helipads similar to SR3. Select the one you want, and it appears for you. By upgrades, I mean things like reinforced rotors, bullet-resistant (not bullet proof) glass, and maybe even door guns. Then people would be encouraged to use their own.
  • FertileFuZZ likes this

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Thnaks.

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

It's what I'm saving for considering it doesn't spawn anywhere in mp or sp.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

So far the only thing preventing me from spamming merryweather is if you shoot the pilot often enough they stop taking your calls.  "One of the benefits of working through Merryweather is that we can decide who we work with.  You are not one of them." or "Due to your recent behavior, our services are no longer available to you."

FlairGamerHD
  • FlairGamerHD

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

So you can't use it at all?

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Thoght so too until last game I played.  Some dick kept blowing up the Cargo heli at Trevors and I though he was just being a dick but no soon enough a annihilator spawned and he got in....so I slammed my heli into his propeelers rendering it useless (didn't mention the part will he killed a member of my crew before so he deserved it)

KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Don't buy it. It is EXACTLY the same as in GTA IV. Slow, bulky, awkward. It's hard to aim properly because it's not as responsive as you would expect.

Imagine the Cargobob with guns on it. The Buzzard has the EXACT same guns on it, with missiles, and it much more maneuverable and agile.

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thanks for all replies, i'll address a few points,

The annihilator has started spawning for me in free roam, not accessible for missions tho, i think i was about level 30 when they started spawning, find them at sandu shores or heli park in LS

The helicopters that spawn in free roam are never there for me when starting jobs, they may be for others, but never for me, so yes, i thought it made sense to buy one.

Upgraded heli's would be awesome, not the attack ones, may be OP to some people, but the transport ones a definite yes.

Helipads on the most expensive apartments would be awesome and would make sense too.

I've had a call from merrywheather not allowing me to use heli's again, but i think it was cos i tried to call one too soon, in the same way as the mechanic has a cooldown before delivering again. After a short period i was able to call merryweather again as normal

it would make perfect sense for merryweathers heli's to be unusable if you shot the pilot, even tho i would of course prefer it the way it is now!

Aizcold
  • Aizcold

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Yes it does, it just depends on your rank...

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Don't buy it. It is EXACTLY the same as in GTA IV. Slow, bulky, awkward. It's hard to aim properly because it's not as responsive as you would expect.

Imagine the Cargobob with guns on it. The Buzzard has the EXACT same guns on it, with missiles, and it much more maneuverable and agile.

I completely agree, it's unusable as an attack vehicle, practically zero chance of killing anything consistently with it. (waits for some clown to tell me i'm a nub and to get gud)

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:33 AM Edited by Toastmasta, 12 October 2013 - 08:35 AM.

N/m missed topics above

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:36 AM Edited by Toastmasta, 12 October 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Thanks for the input! Gonna go for buzzard. But question though. If you have a full crew isn't that more effective since you have so many guns then? (Potentially two sets of AR on each side)

Also I would assume it has more hp than the buzzard? But i guess being so slow that wont matter.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Le Tittle

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'm like lvl 35, and they spawn for me at the heli tours. So no, don't buy them.

Joreus
  • Joreus

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

This is a good post, man. Totally agree with you. I use the merryweather taxi copter service all the time. Buying one is totally inconvienent. If you're just using it for transport.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users