Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yea it's not really a glitch.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Dunno about you guys, but lately when I race on certain tracks it says 'You have earned the maximum RP for this activity' and after that I can't get any RP for racing on this particular track. So far on Downtown underground and Criminal Records. Not sure why this is, they should lower the given RP instead of capping it.

Tebryne
  • Tebryne

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

How is it a glitch? I thought you just get a lot of
points because you are setting your personal best, and as it is your personal best, in the beginning of the race your "personal best" is 0 and therefore you beat your record within the first lap.

1. A minor malfunction, mishap, or technical problem; a snag: a computer glitch; a navigational glitch; a glitch in the negotiations.

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:48 PM Edited by Seanathon, 16 November 2013 - 09:48 PM.

It is really a glitch because it resets your personal best EVERY time you redo the race. Your personal best is not supposed to reset. Thus its a glitch.

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

in the beginning of the race your "personal best" is 0 and therefore you beat your record within the first lap.

That is the glitch.

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Nerfed hard with the new update.

• KingGTAV likes this

KingGTAV
  • KingGTAV

Unutterably Mesmerized by New-Gen GTA: V.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Yes, indeed. Rockstar has undoubtedly implemented a higher caliber of rigor in the racing department, such that collectively amassing copious amounts of money and RP points will demand persistence. I am surely going to miss the RP boosting incentive. Thus, today's Grand Theft Auto: Online escapade will encompass one objective: engaging in a multitude of races, while grinding for the highest bundle of RP points that has been allotted, per the patch cap.    

Lancet
  • Lancet

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

So does the patch mean your personal best is now recorded from this point on, or does it mean that your personal best from before the patch is now properly inserted into the race?

So could we do a race, but do a really poor lap, get the "beat personal best" bonus, then continually beat that lap by small amounts each race and collect a bunch of RP for it? Or will personal bests from before the patch now be working correctly, making most races have nearly impossible times to beat (assuming we played for real)?

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

yeah man I wanna know how/if it works after the patch

asalvl
  • asalvl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

it has to be with someone? i did it now alone, and only got it 200 rp at all...

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Patchedm It's over, this thread should be locked or changed and edited with a different method or just lock.

you get now between 1k to 2k.

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Patchedm It's over, this thread should be locked or changed and edited with a different method or just lock.

you get now between 1k to 2k.

Yup they patched it fully now. Even if you did 99 laps you'd still only get about 2k RP for 1st place. Oh well, that glitch has been going around since launch so I guess it had its time. Already got my minigun from it so no regrets.

Kinda feel bad for the new players that will have to grind normal missions for months to get there :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users