» «
Photo

R* Giving all players 500k FREE!

185 replies to this topic
GTA5Madness
  • GTA5Madness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:40 PM Edited by Girish, 11 October 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Money in the Bank

Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week. 

‘Don’t Spend It All in One Place!’

In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month. For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.

Below are a few more details on how it will work. Stay tuned for tips on how to make the most of GTA$ cash, info on ways and places to earn more cash fast, as well as updates on all the new GTA Online content additions we’re working on for this fall and beyond.
  • You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
  • Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we’ll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
  • We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
  • Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem. 

It's confirmed

http://www.rockstarg...ckage-this.html

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

500k, Nice.

Especially considering I never lost anything or have not had any technical troubles with GTA:O

• xChaos Reigns, IveGotNoValues, Nik Bass and 1 other like this

GTA5Madness
  • GTA5Madness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

That's pretty much the same with me, Iv'e only lost one character and that was at the start! Means I can come home tonight and blow my 300k that I've been saving! lol

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

So now R* are handing out stimulus packages, are they going to argue about debt and shut down with the art team and coders unable to agree on things?

• Costar, Artgineer and Itzreality like this

GTA5Madness
  • GTA5Madness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

I think it's funny how people are saying all R* care about is earning more money and they're trying hard to make it not so easy to earn money so they can sell micro-transitions..

What a load of sh*t if that was the case they wouldn't be giving EVERY player 500k

Guess that puts the apple in their mouth

bfett21
  • bfett21

The scourge of Carpathia

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Sweet

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Holy sh*t, that was unexpected  :O 

Good job  :r*:  :^: 

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Well done R*, every credit to them.

So now R* are handing out stimulus packages, are they going to argue about debt and shut down with the art team and coders unable to agree on things?

I have no idea whatsoever what that post means.

• PoopyCock likes this

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

I don't know if this is good or bad...

EliasMansour
  • EliasMansour

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

This is stupid. Now everyone will have an apartment.

God Of GTAO
  • God Of GTAO

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Ill take it, but i will feel dirty spending it, seeing as how i haven't really worked for it.

NijenhuisR
  • NijenhuisR

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Lol i like this, thanks for posting

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

I have indeed lost money on several occasions, I didn't loose my character but I did loose progress and therefore money. This is certainly a good compensation. Thanks R*.

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

COMMUNISM ! Dont play GTA 5 ! They are coming !

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

I think it's funny how people are saying all R* care about is earning more money and they're trying hard to make it not so easy to earn money so they can sell micro-transitions..

What a load of sh*t if that was the case they wouldn't be giving EVERY player 500k

Guess that puts the apple in their mouth

That's what they want you to believe.

GTA5Madness
  • GTA5Madness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Lol.. I've only ever luckily lost 1 character and that was at the start of the game so it's not so bad, but hell yeah I'm taking that sh*t

I can just see everyone having the best apartment though but I suppose it's better with it being in two installments because that means people won't just be able buy the 400k apartment straight up unless they already have about 200k haha..

What you going spend your 500k on guys? I might invest mine into stocks considering it's money I thought I never would of have

Ain't nothin to lose 8)

xbangz
  • xbangz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

500k is way enough for 50k and a lost character.

Subliminal123456
  • Subliminal123456

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

I hope it means that both my chars will get the bonus :)

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for reinforcing the uninformed gamer stereotype. Even if you don't live in the US, this shouldn't be that hard to understand. 

• TamaZildjian likes this

GeckoWacko
  • GeckoWacko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

So if I make extra characters on my different accounts I can get 500k on each account, lol. 

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

haha

So R* is trying to buy fans off?? This is so Obama stimulus package. Too little, too late. I guess they thought they were gonna make mad money by selling video game money for real money. good lord

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

So everybody online right now are getting "Obama checks"?

Hell yeah, no more eating ramen noodles in my cold ass garage!!

• Costar and stiangtr like this

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Dont accept Rockstar money! In honour of the last real american http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QAWuro5-B0Y http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mN3z3eSVG7A

Vugo
  • Vugo

An user with an actual, functional brain.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:13 PM Edited by Vugo, 11 October 2013 - 05:15 PM.

As if the game wasn't enough broken, now they're giving away $500k.

What are you even going to do with it? I mean, the most expensive apartment is cheaper than that, and the only things in the game that are more expensive are vehicles.

EDIT: Also, I'm definitely not buying the most expensive apartment now. From what I've seen from other people, my $250k apartment looks much better than these overpriced ones lol.

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Sooooo.... instead of doing a patch to include a bit more interiors in SP and maybe some more as far as apartments in online.

They are giving out $500k to everyone. I would just do patch to fix that sh*t I mention first or maybe instead of apartments add

some mansion or other type of residential property. I rather just rob and steal my way to $500k 

jjw95sc
  • jjw95sc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Touch wood?

I thought the expression was 'knock wood'.

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Ill take it, but i will feel dirty spending it, seeing as how i haven't really worked for it.

This. I feel more immersed earning my cash. It's just so much more satisfying to me to buy my apartments, cars, and guns knowing that I earned them every step of the way. I might donate most of it to noobs.....On second thought, 400k apartment, here I come!

Nik Bass
  • Nik Bass

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

The money is free and it's a game, all good on my end.  I'm gonna spend it all on soda and medical bills, it'll be great.

• xChaos Reigns and brose_sfr like this

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

This is a Anti Capitalism mesure, if you want to give money, give all the money to me and then I will make my interest rates when I lend it. Thats the american way! Let Palin decide!

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by davetopper, 11 October 2013 - 07:00 PM.

Thanks for reinforcing the uninformed gamer stereotype. Even if you don't live in the US, this shouldn't be that hard to understand. 

I know right? What or who to blame the tv or the education system. 

I mean really political satire is lost on some people. 

On the topic at hand I really can't believe some people, this is an honest attempt by R* to right a wrong. I never saw this loyalty to a fan base by Atari/Eden when they f*cked up their sh*t beyond measure.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users