Rockstar to give $500k to all October players

168 replies to this topic
Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

HEY! Nobody gives a flying f*ck how much money you have managed to glitch. You don't need to answer how little you care. If you don't care, go f*ck yourself in the ass and get the f*ck out of this thread f*cking cocksuckers.

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

I cant believe it my mouth dropped literally 

amazing.gif

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Cool I didn't even grind and Ill have everything a grinder has but I actually had fun playing

You act as if people who farmed weren't having fun. So speak for yourself buddy

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Cool I didn't even grind and Ill have everything a grinder has but I actually had fun playing

500k isn't anywhere close to what a grinder has. 500k is like 20 mins of Rooftop Rumble and people do this for HOURS

Once you buy an apt and the car you want there isn't anything else to buy anyway so why does it matter

victor1987
  • victor1987

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Cool. I will not be buying the 400K house though. The cheapest 10 car garage is fine with me.

Same. Got the 200k one, will probably buy some guns and a cool car with this money.

hehe same..got the 237k one..this will add some nice additions to my garage and some pretty weapon mods..thanks R :D

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Angry grinder alert, he's having a breakdown because he realized he did it for no reason

jman1954goat
  • jman1954goat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

I am excited to be able to f*ck around in free roam  without being stressed about the 2k Im losing every death  thats what this 500k is buying me piece of mind

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Will spend it maxing out the Audi F9 convertible. I already have a $335,000 house.  

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

People, keep your money in the bank.  Seriously.  It shouldn't cost you anything when you die.

Ferdie
  • Ferdie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

who cares, I haven´t been able to play one minute online because cloud servers are always unavailable to me

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

People, keep your money in the bank.  Seriously.  It shouldn't cost you anything when you die.

Nonsense went on a rampage in freeroam and died like 5 times and went from 40k in the bank to 22k

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Angry grinder alert, he's having a breakdown because he realized he did it for no reason

Not really. There's still plenty of cars, boats, planes, helicopters that cost over 500k. 

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Thanks R*.

As for the farming/exploiting debate, I really wish folks would get their terminology straight.

Farming/Grinding = Repeating the same task over and over, almost always the highest reward, lowest risk action that can be taken. I have no issue with this whatsoever, I do QA for a major MMO, and grinding is simply a part of the buisness, I do it myself.

Exploiting/Cheating = Using a bug in the software to make personal gains that are outside of the intended scope of the game. For example, the bike selling bug and blowing up the mission objective to win, those I have an issue with. You knew it was broken, yet continued to abuse it, then somehow justify it as, well R* should have found it, or I lost my character so it's okay to cheat. Now for the most part this still has zero bearing on me personally since I tend to play in private servers, however it will effect me when the stockmarket is released and all the true cheaters are allowed to dictate the stockmarket, but please, do go on telling everyone how your cheating has no bearing on their gameplay as you run roughshod over them in free roam with your tank.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Bit unfair giving it to all the farmers too.

Dosnt mather if they give it to farmers, that 500k is a drop in the sea to farmers, speaking as someone who farmed myself.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by Chekoloco, 11 October 2013 - 02:41 PM.

YEAH!ku-medium.gif

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Nonsense went on a rampage in freeroam and died like 5 times and went from 40k in the bank to 22k

Yup, money in the bank is deducted on a percantage cost that has a cap just like in singleplayer for deaths. It also appears to not just be in free roam, had some smuck in a mission last night blow up the gas tanks near me when I was stealing the gasoline tanker and my money went from 215,000 to 213000. It looks like though that GT:O has a cap of 2k, while singleplayer caps at 5k. I could be wrong, will have a better idea once I can break 500k.

GapingAngus
  • GapingAngus

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'll give mine away.  If you can figure out how to receive it you can have it.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 11 October 2013 - 02:45 PM.

Rockstar: "Hey, we will be giving away $500 000 free money in GTA like everyone wanted! This is for all the technical difficulties we had in the first days!"

99% of the GTA Community: *moaning noises* "Noooo we want a rollback, all farmers have more money than I do! I can not live knowing someone has more money or is higher levelled than me!" *moans continue*

/rant end

This was my first true rant by the way. :p

...Meh.

The so called GTA community aren`t complaining about farmers because they really don't care.  Not sure where 99% came from.

Complainers make up a very small percent.  Might as well say 5%.

Well even if the amount of complainers wasn't 99%, it does truly seem the majority of all posts are somehow related to complaining (note: it doesn't have to be 50% of all posts... there are many other kinds of posts too). But you shouldn't take things literally that often, especially on the net. Saying "it was 99% of GTA Community" was basically saying "majority/a lot of the people voicing their opinion aloud" think so.

Perhaps not many complain in the game itself, and even though these forums aren't "official" ones if I am correct, I did think about this forum's posts before claiming "majority" aka. 99% complained.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Well, I'll check it again tonight, but I'm pretty sure I lost no money at all last night any of the several times I died.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Cool. I will not be buying the 400K house though. The cheapest 10 car garage is fine with me.

Trust me, it'd blow your mind just how worth it that view is. I can sit on top of the world and watch everyone blow each other up in comfort and safety.

From what i have been reading, the 286k apartment has the view of Vinewood and downtown. What is the difference?

bnicmc
  • bnicmc

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

New content and money sinks will come in due time...they are just trying to make right their issues first....this is just step 1. I'm sure they have loads on content ready to drop but they don't won't to add it until all the issues are resolved

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Can i buy my lost character back with that money?

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Well, I'll check it again tonight, but I'm pretty sure I lost no money at all last night any of the several times I died.

If you're in a job/mission you won't....if you're in Freemode, you will...regardless of whether it's in the bank.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Well yes, with this added money (everyone becoming rich suddenly), they have to add new Moneysinks, such as New Tanks, Choppers, Vehicles/Mods, Villas/Mansions(pay extra to get Helipad!), Weapons/Mods etc  :D

Beach Bum is supposedly coming out shortly, but clothes are quite cheap.

You need a Carrot, You need a Goal, something to Strive after.

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

This is bullsh*t. Someone playing for the first time today when there are no problems will get it. Horsesh*t.

This should be limited to the people who played the first WEEK when there actually was problems and not just the first month.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I'm probably just wrong.  Giving out bad advice like a fool.  I'll check tonight.  If I was right, you are all getting poisoned cookies!

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

Bit unfair giving it to all the farmers too.

I think it's great, the farming industry especially the dairy farmers here in the UK are struggling, so what's your 'beef' with farmers getting a handout? :)

s_aint
  • s_aint

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Sweet... now time to hunt people and kill them so many times that they lose it all through hospital fees MWAHAHAHA!!!

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Sweet. :) Now give us multiple property ability and we'll have more places to spend it. :D

Not-on-the-cover
  • Not-on-the-cover

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

I only have 300k and a 200k apartment so I might treat myself to a Stinger GT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users