Photo

Rockstar to give $500k to all October players

168 replies to this topic
poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:27 PM Edited by poklane, 11 October 2013 - 12:30 PM.

Money in the Bank

Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week. 

‘Don’t Spend It All in One Place!’

In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month. For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.

Below are a few more details on how it will work. Stay tuned for tips on how to make the most of GTA$ cash, info on ways and places to earn more cash fast, as well as updates on all the new GTA Online content additions we’re working on for this fall and beyond.
  • You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
  • Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we’ll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
  • We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
  • Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.

Source: http://www.rockstarg...ckage-this.html

So everyone who has been playing will get 500k this month! What will you guys be spending this on? A house, a super car?

Personally I'll probably go with the car :).

• explicitmo, niq, Purpville and 1 other like this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Bit unfair giving it to all the farmers too.

• Dlee13 and Amanny59 like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Cool I didn't even grind and Ill have everything a grinder has but I actually had fun playing

• esck, Amanny59 and SK1NJ0B like this

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

I've got 8M anyway. Don't need it.

• LeAristocrat likes this

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Lol I knew the first comment would be moaning
  • poklane and MaizeG like this

Shadowgale
  • Shadowgale

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

:D MONEYZ

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Christ, is there anything people won't moan about?

• oldak likes this

Shayd80
  • Shayd80

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Unfair ? when i read people complaining about farmers, it's like you are talking about glitchers / hackers / criminals ....

That's a nice move from R* specially for these who lost characters

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

That's fair enough, it doesn't quite cover my losses but it's a good gesture.

Splinter02
  • Splinter02

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Cool I didn't even grind and Ill have everything a grinder has but I actually had fun playing

500k isn't anywhere close to what a grinder has. 500k is like 20 mins of Rooftop Rumble and people do this for HOURS

• poklane likes this

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Cool. I will not be buying the 400K house though. The cheapest 10 car garage is fine with me.

• poklane likes this

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

So I have about a week to exploit the bike glitch and make another 100 mill. Nice.

cantcm3
  • cantcm3

Crackhead

• Members

i only have 6.7 million in my bank plus my garage is full of super cars. You can keep it. Just give me heists.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Cool. I will not be buying the 400K house though. The cheapest 10 car garage is fine with me.

Same. Got the 200k one, will probably buy some guns and a cool car with this money.

SchwartzJesuz
  • SchwartzJesuz

CPH Ultras

• Members
  • Denmark

Cool. And can we shut up about R* forcing us to buy cashpacks now?

• Shayd80, Blackskull and SK1NJ0B like this

bluAstrid
  • bluAstrid

User Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Love the idea!

In a way, it's really the same as wiping all characters; It creates a level playing field for all players.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Unfair ? when i read people complaining about farmers, it's like you are talking about glitchers / hackers / criminals ....

Shut your whore mouths, c*nts.

• MatthewH094 likes this

Chev-Chelios
  • Chev-Chelios

Crew Leader

• Members

Nice, looking forward to spend it for shares as soon as BAWSAQ opens

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

It'd be nice to get a treat considering I've been playing the game properly and not farming.
Cool stuff Rockstar, I'll be able to get a house and a garage now :)
  • Davexen, Chekoloco, poklane and 1 other like this

wat_username
  • wat_username

Snitch

• Members

Thanks for the po

Money in the Bank

Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week. 

‘Don’t Spend It All in One Place!’

In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month. For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.

Below are a few more details on how it will work. Stay tuned for tips on how to make the most of GTA$ cash, info on ways and places to earn more cash fast, as well as updates on all the new GTA Online content additions we’re working on for this fall and beyond.
  • You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
  • Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we’ll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
  • We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
  • Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.

Source: http://www.rockstarg...ckage-this.html

So everyone who has been playing will get 500k this month! What will you guys be spending this on? A house, a super car?

Personally I'll probably go with the car :).

Thanks for the useful post and including the source. :)

Shayd80
  • Shayd80

Homie

• Members
  • France

20120527235312!Glee-u-mad.gif

Darkly-X
  • Darkly-X

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:43 PM Edited by Darkly-X, 11 October 2013 - 12:46 PM.

Whaaa!!!! This is gonna be awesome! Can't wait!

Think i might buy the 200k apartment or maybe go for a good car and save the rest for clothes etc.. IDK Can't freaking wait.

Heroix
  • Heroix

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

dont give money rockstar... wipe the servers, add some content and make the game work...

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

For me, I'm really only getting a $100k deposit because R* still owed me $400k from my lost cash card balance.  But since I had pretty much written it off, and because my character did not end up getting deleted, I'm cool with an extra $100k.  I'll use it right away on some vehicle mods.

As for the moaning, bitching haters?

HA

HA

HA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

:D, what a pleasant chap you are

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:45 PM Edited by blk95ta, 11 October 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Nice. I've got my apartment and my favorite sports car so maybe a super car or a plane.

I will admit i did replay the 25k mission several times with a group the other day but only to recover progress from 2 lost characters (lvl 13 & lvl 14)

NickMalice
  • NickMalice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

This is a nice gesture from R*, i'll be getting my JB 700 straight away then.

And who cares about farmers anyway, if they wanna go through the hours of boredom, that's up to them, they die just as easy as lower lvls from my experience.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

I've earned just about $2m

Only half of that was from what everybody around here is calling farming/grinding.

I've had a f*cking blast playing this game.  Getting rich is just a bonus.

J DawgMillenium
  • J DawgMillenium

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

It looks like the farmers will be disappointed that players will be able to defend themselves.

stringer
  • stringer

Cash Money Millionaire

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by stringer, 11 October 2013 - 12:49 PM.

500k isn't anywhere close to what a grinder has. 500k is like 20 mins of Rooftop Rumble and people do this for HOURS
Yeah you can get a fortune exploiting the glitches.

With the really obnoxious glitch exploiting you level up really fast too.

The most major and most exploited glitch in the game is the glitch where you destroy objects to win missions instantly.

Everything else is small potatoes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users