Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rapper wants game recalled over track inclusion

381 replies to this topic
shoelaces!
  • shoelaces!

Cultural Critic, Feminist, Tea, Video Games.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

I'm betting if this was a WHITE artist he wouldn't be getting nearly as much hate as I see here. Then again, if he was white, Rockstar wouldn't of tried shafting him.

• Terminus, Anzand17 and Assassin101 like this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

They should patch out the whole Radio LS alltogether and replace it with proper music. Jungle or Opera or Jazz.

"stupid rapper" Foreal? Kids these days and their f*cking electronic techno music..Don't know music for sh*t!

Modern commercial Rap is total BS and worse than Brostep and Trap.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

the disks SHOULD all be recalled so rockstar can actually finish it.  online players have patches to look forward to, people who play offline-only are stuck with an unfinished product

Jesus.  There's always one of you guys floating around.  Like a turd that won't flush.

just one?

what about the many thousands of people who complained about online problems?

At least they have some hope of getting them fixed.

zerrier
  • zerrier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:33 AM Edited by zerrier, 12 October 2013 - 12:35 AM.

They should patch out the whole Radio LS alltogether and replace it with proper music. Jungle or Opera or Jazz.

"stupid rapper" Foreal? Kids these days and their f*cking electronic techno music..Don't know music for sh*t!

Modern commercial Rap is total BS and worse than Brostep and Trap.

Brostep? Trap? What the f*ck? And yes, I can agree. Mainstream Rap sucks. But "C-walk" and the other song is from the 90's...The golden era of Hip-Hop. 

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

Patch it up and replace it with good music.

60% of the GTA 4 soundtrack is in my music collection.

i think ive found 3 songs in GTA 5 that i can stand.

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

Uhh ohhh...sh*t just got racial.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

Hope it all works out. I would be trying to hustle them too if I was that nigga.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Didn't the same exact thing happen with Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin Something" in Vice City? Licensing issue led to the entire game being pulled off digital download for a period of time until the issue was resolved..

I mean, sh*t, this isn't news. It happens.

Aawulf
  • Aawulf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

Stupid  sh*tty rapper? son, you ever heard of tha dogg pound? ya shortie ass need educating for real

Nice grammar.

Sorry for not typing like an overtly self-conscious pompous and pretentious virgin loser on an internet forum.

Punctuation error.  Just saying.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 12 October 2013 - 01:59 AM.

http://www.ign.com/a...f5257f49000008#

Thoughts on this? A terrible rapper wants his songs removed from a hit game. Odd.

He's not a "terrible" rapper. He's one of the pioneers of west coast/California rap, actually. He's not a Lil Wayne or Drake, or like any of these idiotic, talentless so called rappers of today. He's been in the rap industry for over two decades, so show a little respect. 

As far as him being upset about this, I think it's silly personally. He needs to take the money C* gives him and shut up. 

• Assassin101 likes this

Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

PSN: Bongwater1992

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:06 AM Edited by Bongwatre, 12 October 2013 - 02:07 AM.

Bottom line, Rockstar really cannot dish out an extra $6000?
Oh cause they totally went bankrupt with GTA V

and for all of you trying to say Daz is sh*t, step your music game up

He isn't a Kanye West or Lil Wayne type rapper

He's a gangster rapper from the early 90's 

He's real and well respected in the Hip Hop community so to us, as fans, this a low blow to a legend

Its like them offering Sting or Ozzy $4000 for rights to 2 songs

It should at least be $4000 each track IMO

Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

Stupid  sh*tty rapper? son, you ever heard of tha dogg pound? ya shortie ass need educating for real

Nice grammar.

Sorry for not typing like an overtly self-conscious pompous and pretentious virgin loser on an internet forum.

Punctuation error.  Just saying.

"Punctuation error. Just saying" is the equivalent to saying "I don't have a smart nor logical comeback to your statement, so I have to compensate for my small brain and even smaller penis by talking bad about your spelling and punctuation"

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

Thoughts on this? A terrible rapper wants his songs removed from a hit game. Odd.

He's not a "terrible" rapper. He's one of the pioneers of west coast/California rap, actually.

Okay, hold on. Daz Dillinger is hardly a pioneer of anything. Let's be serious. Tha Dogg Pound weren't even that successful and had it not been for their association with Snoop Dogg and subsequently Death Row Records, they wouldn't be more than a footnote on a one hit wonders catalog, the West Coast 90s edition. And if you're wondering how many hits they had, the answer is one, "What Would You Do?" (1995). It was a B-side to a Dr. Dre song and didn't even register on Billboard charts. You could argue the single wasn't a hit by definition except a Grammy nomination earned it some recognition.

So, I agree Dillinger has a right to pursue whatever it is he wants to pursue if Rockstar forgot to cross their T's and dot their I's but Dillinger was not a pioneer. I am not a huge fan of Lil Wayne or Drake's work but to say they haven't been 1,000x times more successful than Dillinger and Kurupt is laughable. I'm surprised there aren't more posts in this thread going, "who?"

• xChaos Reigns and Assassin101 like this

Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

He's not a "terrible" rapper. He's one of the pioneers of west coast/California rap, actually.

Okay, hold on. Daz Dillinger is hardly a pioneer of anything. Let's be serious. Tha Dogg Pound weren't even that successful and had it not been for their association with Snoop Dogg and subsequently Death Row Records, they wouldn't be more than a footnote on a one hit wonders catalog, the West Coast 90s edition. And if you're wondering how many hits they had, the answer is one, "What Would You Do?" (1995). It was a B-side to a Dr. Dre song and didn't even register on Billboard charts. You could argue the single wasn't a hit by definition except a Grammy nomination earned it some recognition.

So, I agree Dillinger has a right to pursue whatever it is he wants to pursue if Rockstar forgot to cross their T's and dot their I's but Dillinger was not a pioneer. I am not a huge fan of Lil Wayne or Drake's work but to say they haven't been 1,000x times more successful than Dillinger and Kurupt is laughable. I'm surprised there aren't more posts in this thread going, "who?"

This man has some sense. :catloaf:

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

I love how people try to talk sh*t about Daz, but they're missing the f*cking point. R* chose to use his music. Who gives a f*ck if you like it or not? R* is starting to gross me out if this sh*t is true. 

R* needs to step up and do the right thing. I don't know if Daz owns the masters to his music or not, but I assume he does by the way he's talking. 

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

Who?

Thought I'd help you out.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

Who?

Thought I'd help you out.

Thank you, that worked out q nicely, I think.

In other news, Daz Dillinger's real name is Delmar Drew Arnaud.

Try saying that 5x fast.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:25 AM Edited by bicycles?, 12 October 2013 - 02:29 AM.

all these people comparing the older rapper to new ones made me realize something

gtaV is the lil wayne/kanye of the series.

SUPER SUCCESSFUL pandering, watered down garbage, with a slick paintjob and a bottomless marketing team... With an ULTRA DEFENSIVE fanbase who praise it like some kind of deity while shrugging off/ignoring the massive amount of degradation/drop in actual quality in place of formulaic dressing that sells well.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

I don't care if it's the worst music from the genre I hate the most, R* should pay or go with somebody who's cheaper. Who gives a f*ck? Did they honestly need Daz? 

I'm done with this, because I guess Daz could be the one who's wrong. I'll just wait and see what happens. 

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

All we need is a delusional idiot claiming they are Illuminati and your analogy would be spot on.

Aawulf
  • Aawulf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

Sorry for being a noob but isn't C-Walk by Kurupt and Noting but the Cavi hit by Dogg Pound? What do they have to do with this guy?

lol

He created the beat and he owns 100% of the royalties to the beats.

That means that you have to be paid a percentage (in this case 100%) of the material either upfront in a one -off

format like a video game, or everytime like playing it on the radio. If one-time agreement to lease the song then you 

have to COMPENSATE THAT ARTIST FOR THE WORK...THAT INCLUDES PRODUCTION OF THE SONG!!!!

For the people hard of hearing...

The compensation is not for any more or less than what is agreed to in a contractual agreement.   Dillinger, one ex member of the Dogg Pound, may not own the copywrite or at least in it's entirety.  We really don't know if or who with R was able to reach a contractual agreement.  For all we know, Death Row Records, Kurupt, Snoop, Dre, Ice Cube, Tupac's estate or DPG Records could own the right to negotiate terms of a contractual agreement for those songs.  Often, copywrite registration for songs include all of the band members.  Often enough, the producer has a band record a song registered to a song writer.  All I see for certain is that Daz was in the Pound, he had a partner, they worked under a record lable, swtiched lables, split up, regrouped, joined a super group and now has written a stern letter (I hope he used real words instead of making up words for the rhyme to work) to Rockstar.  I think I will reserve the pretension of having a clue as to what is happening until Daz has actually filed something with a court of law.

• shawt22 likes this

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by bicycles?, 12 October 2013 - 02:40 AM.

All we need is a delusional idiot claiming they are Illuminati and your analogy would be spot on.

funny that that's one of the main ways lil wayne and kanye have stayed so popular - through all the "rap industry/illuminati" rumor stuff - or at least putting on a show to make it look like they're involved with it...

And GTAV uses A LOT of the same marketing/"secret symbolism"... Just look how popular the mural discussion is around here, let alone all the stuff the characters say, and all the 'symbolic' artwork around the gameworld.

Analogy confirmed. I'm surprised at the lack of autotuning in the game now that I think about it.

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

I hope you aren't one of those people who buys into that stupid conspiracy theory.

It's sad peope actually think it's true.
  • xChaos Reigns and shawt22 like this

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

Stupid because he wants his songs removed that were wrongfully put into the game? These fanboys get more idiotic as the days go by.

CHARL13 SH3EN
  • CHARL13 SH3EN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

Piece of sh*t is just being money hungry since they made so much money off the game. 

D-Bomb129
  • D-Bomb129

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

I don't even know what song he's talking about but he should be compensated however much (if the contract is iron clad, he needs to leave it alone), but if they ripped him off, either pay up or take him out of the game.

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

Don't worry, the only people complaining about rap are the ones who had to make their mom buy the game.  Who else(besides my exs) has the time to complain about sh*t that shouldn't matter to them?

Those songs were awesome, some of the best in the game, honestly. A lot of the gangster rap seemed pretty cliche to me.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

I hope you aren't one of those people who buys into that stupid conspiracy theory.

Sad that they are a open minded and don't believe the crap the media feed them? I myself don't believe in the Illuminati (after researching about it myself) but there are some theories that make sense. But hey if you want to put down people for their beliefs then fine.

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

Sad that they are a open minded and don't believe the crap the media feed them? I myself don't believe in the Illuminati (after researching about it myself) but there are some theories that make sense. But hey if you want to put down people for their beliefs then fine.

If they want to believe in stupid delusions of grandeur then go right ahead. I just think it's sad people believe in any conspiracy theory. Besides, don't you find it a bit disturbing people are more likely to believe something they see on YT than on a reputable website?
  • shawt22 likes this

wes_jett2008
  • wes_jett2008

LoflyinJett

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

Which is stupidly low for two songs that he produced. Off the top of my head songs are typically 10,000 and up as far as prices go.

I don't think so Tim, Nirvana only made about $40,000 a year a few years back. Google the article. My band has had songs licensed before and the pay wasn't anywhere near $10,000. Rockstar was being generous by offering this guy as much as they did. They technically didn't have to offer him anything personally at all. All they have to do is pay the licensing fee to the distribution company and put the song in the game.

No offense, but there is a big difference between your songs and his beats. He was actually well known and was/is famous.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also if this story is true then I would probably be pissed that they used my songs and didn't pay me. On the other hand if he's just trying to get more money out of them then that's such a shame.

You missed my point, what Rockstar offered him wasn't even necessary. For an example if R* wanted to license my music and I didn't want my music in the game. All they would have to do is pay my distributor and depending on the contract with my distributor I would have zero say. They pay the licensing fee, they get my song and I get royalties from licensing. The money they were giving him directly is essentially out of goodwill unless he has an exclusive use agreement with his publisher / distributor which is pretty damn rare unless you're a HUGE name.

• shawt22 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users