Photo

2 Useless Features in V

36 replies to this topic
Tanishqpalyekar
  • Tanishqpalyekar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

GTA V is a great game. But still, some features suck.

Chop: I was pretty excited about Chop and there were rumors that his collar could be customised and that you could even buy other pets. But sadly that was just a rumor. The only things you can do? Take him for a walk or play ball.

Yoga: Why Yoga? Okay it helps increase Michael's special ability. They should have madr it this way: The more people Michael shoots, the more his Special ability increases.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:53 AM Edited by vivalavendredi, 11 October 2013 - 11:57 AM.

Well you *can* customize his collar. Or at least the collars color. Via the iFruit App. And yeah, Chop is pointless. But I still like the idea of having a dog in the game and R* attempt. To be honest I thought we could use him to hunt some motherf*ckers down and bite them in the groin while we shoot them in the face or something like that. :D That would've been fun.

The buying other pets thing: It was made up by a motherf*cking fake magazine. And I (and lots of others) told you (the believers) so from the beginning. Lots of people were getting excited by lots of stuff that was obviously made up.

Yoga: Well, it's useless as sh*t and it's not even fun. Don't get why it's in. I'd rather have seen poker or other cards as a mini-game. It was so great in RDR…

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Well you *can* customize his collar. Or at least the collars color. Via the iFruit App. And yeah, Chop is pointless. But I still like the idea of having a dog in the game and R* attempt.

The buying other pets thing: It was made up by a motherf*cking fake magazine. And I (and lots of others) told you (the believers) so from the beginning. Lots of people were getting excited by lots of stuff that was obviously made up.

Yoga: Well, it's useless as sh*t and it's not even fun. Don't get why it's in. 

You can use Chop to search for collectibles so he's not really useless.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Well you *can* customize his collar. Or at least the collars color. Via the iFruit App. And yeah, Chop is pointless. But I still like the idea of having a dog in the game and R* attempt.

You have a point here. I totally forgot about this! Will give it a try, now that I have finished the story

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• BUSTED!
  • NATO

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yoga would be more fun if we wouldn't have to watch Michael but rather some one else :dozing:

Spoiler

RaduG
  • RaduG

Fall my ass!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by RaduG, 11 October 2013 - 12:10 PM.

You have a point here. I totally forgot about this! Will give it a try, now that I have finished the story

He also barks when the collectibles are near. The closer you and him are, the more often he barks.

Rockstar missed the opportunity to make yoga some sort of "Hot Coffee" like Fabien was doing with Amanda.

pose1.png

"Back into my pelvis..."

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Chop ? I don't mind, it was a nice touch to have a pet in the game, didn't really use him, but there was no harm to have him in the game.

Yoga ? Now that was totally useless. I don't know what Rockstar was smoking when they thought of this. Rather than this they could have added some kind of gang war or drug-dealing side activity for Franklin, not this bullsh*t. 

nb2010
  • nb2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

how do i take chop for a walk?  i play xbox.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

chop1.jpg

• carisstr likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Approach him and intructions should be shown on the screen .You have to press LT to take him with you IIRC. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Ok how can yoga be "useless" when it has an influence on Michael's special ability? While I get yoga is a strange thing to put in a GTA game compared to a lot of mini games that don't do sh*t other than to give a break for a few minutes yoga is one of the very few mini games in the series that has an actual benefit.

I don't agree it's useless when it does have a use. Besides I don't think it's that bad anyway. Would rather do it than those god damn dancing mini games in SA and TBOGT.

rusty_brown_ring_donuts
  • rusty_brown_ring_donuts

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

I find yoga somewhat relaxing.. I automatically breathe slow with Michael ;)

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

Ok how can yoga be "useless" when it has an influence on Michael's special ability? While I get yoga is a strange thing to put in a GTA game compared to a lot of mini games that don't do sh*t other than to give a break for a few minutes yoga is one of the very few mini games in the series that has an actual benefit.

I don't agree it's useless when it does have a use. Besides I don't think it's that bad anyway. Would rather do it than those god damn dancing mini games in SA and TBOGT.

You're right. Didn't know that it increases his special ability till today :-| 

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Useless:

"not fulfilling or not expected to achieve the intended purpose or desired outcome."

Just like this stupid f*cking topic.

/thread

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

chop1.jpg

Add that to the long list of things removed from the game. Rockstar made some sh*t decisions this time around. And since I play primarily singleplayer offline the Bawsaq is useless and choice to put some companies on there effected by assassination missions is f*cking dumb. Rockstar obviously dropped the ball on their singleplayer game allowing more options and activities in multiplayer. The singleplayer experience was good, but it could have been so much greater. Hell...we can't even steal and sell cars at LS Customs :/ smooth R*

Tanishqpalyekar
  • Tanishqpalyekar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

sh*t! I Didn't know about the collectibles thing.

silvermerc50
  • silvermerc50

Gaming since 1984

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

I have done nothing with chop at all. He poops and the poop disappears. I have been waiting for the android app to come online....

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

ATMs are pointless seeing as we can just use our phone for everything banking related

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

chop1.jpg

Add that to the long list of things removed from the game. Rockstar made some sh*t decisions this time around. And since I play primarily singleplayer offline the Bawsaq is useless and choice to put some companies on there effected by assassination missions is f*cking dumb. Rockstar obviously dropped the ball on their singleplayer game allowing more options and activities in multiplayer. The singleplayer experience was good, but it could have been so much greater. Hell...we can't even steal and sell cars at LS Customs :/ smooth R*

What things were removed? You can do tricks in game... you have to have the app and make sure Chop is happy.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

ATMs are pointless seeing as we can just use our phone for everything banking related

No they're not. You CAN access your bank account through your phone, however it takes longer through the phone, if youre right next to an ATM. They are not pointless, they are just for comfortability.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Agreed. Yoga is about as useless as I thought it would be when it was first announced. It'd make more sense if it increased lung capacity tbh, instead of the special ability. Chop was also poorly implemented, and they promised much more.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, I've only done yoga 3 times in the game. Two times while playing the story twice, and one time on top of the mountain.

It's probably the weakest activity I've ever seen in any game.

As for Chop, the only issue I have with is that we can only train him on an app. Would have been much better if the app was actually in the game.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yoga increases lung capacity, though, right? So it has a point. 

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

So what if it increases lung capacity, or special ability?  I'd rather smash buttons pumping iron/running on a treadmill than do some faggy yoga sh*t.  What happened to GTA being about choices?  Is yoga the only way to increase Michaels special?

I also wouldn't mind some awesome arena racing/destruction derby/bike stunt tracks we had in VC.  Yeah, I went there, I want a feature from VC. 

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Yoga increases lung capacity, though, right? So it has a point. 

As far as I've noticed the increase is so minimal you're better off going underwater and increasing it that way, at least you don't have to push buttons so often and hold the sticks in weird positions.

I see the point of Yoga as a story element, I don't see why they bothered actually making it an activity. It's boring, slow, and its reward is next to useless. I wish you could at least be Tracey while doing it or something.

Chop is useless to me. There's no point on walking him, the novelty of throwing the ball at people to make him kill them fades after 5 minutes, and since R* had the brilliant idea to limit his training to just a few (even fewer with no Android app yet) it's even less fun. I reckon that if I had access to the app on launch day I would have messed with him more. After beating the story? Nah, there's no point.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Yoga is lame ... I never touched it after that 1 mission in the story ... and I hated that mission ...

chop is Ok... didn't know he helps you find things ... But I never find things it's not my thing ... so he's pretty useless for me

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

GTA V is a great game. But still, some features suck.

Chop: I was pretty excited about Chop and there were rumors that his collar could be customised and that you could even buy other pets. But sadly that was just a rumor. The only things you can do? Take him for a walk or play ball.

Yoga: Why Yoga? Okay it helps increase Michael's special ability. They should have madr it this way: The more people Michael shoots, the more his Special ability increases.

The in-game Yoga actually made me interested in....Yoga.

Infact I am taking it up, pretty soon.

Who said video games were no good for your health.

KING2dor
  • KING2dor

Lingo Extraordinary

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Chop can attack enemies you lock onto you newbs and jackasses

His collar can also be customized and he is able to find all hidden weapons, armor and hidden collectibles

End of thread
  • shawt22 likes this

shawt22
  • shawt22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

I like the fact they added Chop. I like to get and the car with him, take him to the beach and make him attack everyone!!

Tanishqpalyekar
  • Tanishqpalyekar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

How can you customise his collar? Thatd be nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users