Who wanted to 'skin animal' the first time you killed an anima

30 replies to this topic
JohnGTA
  • JohnGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Hello everybody,

On September the 4th I stopped playing Red Dead Redemption. First thing I wanted to do after hitting a dog with my car in GTA 5 was "skin animal". Nothing popped up, so than I knew that was not an option. Immediately after that I realised what kind of a retard I actually am.

Who had the same feeling? Or thoughts?

Greetings.

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

I don't think you are a retard. Surely after RDR (a spectacular game imho) you would expect Rockstar to improve the hunting for V, not tone it down. Imagine the hours of fun you could have skinning and selling those animal skins - if they had increased the number of different animals - Shark Skin, Gator Skin, Bigfoot Skin, Alien Skin, Human Skin (!). It could have been epic - hunting was my goto hobby in RDR if I needed cash.

wtfjoklo69
  • wtfjoklo69

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

I agree it would have been great

as the poster above me points out that you probably would be able to hunt almost anything

we all know how much fun FOX news would have telling people that you can hunt, kill, skin humans and sell human pelts to cash(maybe even wear them while playing as trevor)

maybe it's for the best

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

It would have made hunting a little better. Also adding in rewards like in RDR for completing challenges would have been greatly appreciated.

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Wearing a human pelt as trevor - that would be amazing !!!  Texas Chainsaw Massacre anyone ? p.s. I want a chainsaw !!!

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'm actually very disappointed with how terrible the animals on GTA V are, yes i was more than expecting to be able to skin them and make money in some hick store somewhere in some hick town. I was also expecting the animals to attack you in a way that actually looks half decent, the awkwardness of RDR's animals seems to have continued up to GTA V. Quite often when animals attack they don't even touch you and you just drop dead, totally retarded and not good enough in anyway.

I dunno, i guess Far Cry 3 kind of put my animal expectations a bit too high, but yeah, the animals on GTA V suck.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

How could they not include animations of trevor skinning stuff and picking up roadkill?

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

that instinct came on when i killed a deer. its in my nature to freggin skin the thing.

Goodolboy21
  • Goodolboy21

Goodolboy21

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Skinning humans... Hmmm... Sounds intriguing...... "It puts the lotion on its skin.... It does what it's told" lmfao

Phantum
  • Phantum

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

You should go see someone...

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by Zancudo, 11 October 2013 - 08:55 PM.

I SAW CJ

decon954
  • decon954

PS4 at launch.... Xbox one 8-12 months after

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

I too was very disappointed that there was no skinning of animals ...... Hunting in GTA5 in dumb and has no point !

Aawulf
  • Aawulf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

It would have made hunting a little better. Also adding in rewards like in RDR for completing challenges would have been greatly appreciated.

I was hunting in solo last night and messages popped up about completing challenges, but I couldn't find anything more about them in Stats or Game.  So, Challenges are there for hunting , but not sure what, how or for what outcomes.

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

After shooting a cougar/mountain lion, I walked up to it and waited for the prompt to skin the animal, thinking I was playing Far Cry 3 :-/

I'd like to skin Trevor, he's so &&&&&&&&& annoying!

I think I'll re-do the end mission and kill Trevor. :}

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:22 AM Edited by PkUnzipper, 12 October 2013 - 04:27 AM.

Hello everybody,

On September the 4th I stopped playing Red Dead Redemption. First thing I wanted to do after hitting a dog with my car in GTA 5 was "skin animal". Nothing popped up, so than I knew that was not an option. Immediately after that I realised what kind of a retard I actually am.

Who had the same feeling? Or thoughts?

Greetings.

Well you're not alone.  The hunting mini game that's only available to Trevor in SP, made me realize just how much I miss this unique RDR feature.  Actually had the naivety to think this was going to be a feature in SP when I first saw the video that showed us the hunting feature. I even took it one step further.  I fantasized how each of the 3 chars in SP mode would be able to sell the skinned hides and/or meat to Ammunation.... 

Of all the 3 chars, I thought this would be fun to do with Micheal.  After seeing that first inside shot of what his kitchen looked like, I actually thought some of those kitchen appliances might be functional :lol:    So you could take the meat back to his safe house, cook it on the stove, stick it in the fridge, and be able to take portions of it with you on missions (so you could eat if to regain health points).  :lol:   But unfortunately, this fantasy was completely crushed when the game launched. 

Then I foolishly got my hopes up again when online came out.... :/

For all the time I've been playing online to date, I've yet to encounter any wildlife off road, up near Mt. Chiliad or in the Blaine county.   And since they've yet to say anything about a hunting mini game feature, it doesn't look as though they're planning on adding anything like this in the near future.

So it appears the devs got lazy with adding anymore immersive, mini game content like this for GTAO. Simply because they've already got a free source of this mini game content---good rep players who end up being the prey for anti-social griefers and trolls online.

Boo R*

legendm0de
  • legendm0de

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Why would you think in GTA V they would have you skinning the animals same as in RDR. In these times people simply haul the carcass to a safe place and sell it's meat, pelts and even sell it to scientists for plain old research at times. No one in 2013 is really out there in a forest, risking their life to properly skin an animal..

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

You could have sold them to cosmetics companies and furriers, trophy-hunters and buon gustai.

Deliver stray dogs to a Korean restaurant.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:15 AM Edited by bicycles?, 25 October 2013 - 01:25 AM.

In rdr, shooting birds/collecting their feathers was a good, fun way to make easy money. Just searching for them after they fell from the sky was fun, because it had a purpose and was realistic.

The only thing close to it in gtaV, as far as dollar amounts and frequency, is killing pedestrians, which f*cking sucks because of the cops, lack of gore, and lack of variety in their reactions/endurance.

Shooting birds in gtav is fun every once in a while, but there's just no point to it now. 

remember in the 90s and early 2000s, when animals would actually be dismembered by car crashes and explosions/gunshots, or just display gore of any kind?

this game sucks

legendm0de
  • legendm0de

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

In rdr, shooting birds/collecting their feathers was a good, fun way to make easy money. Just searching for them after they fell from the sky was fun, because it had a purpose and was realistic.

The only thing close to it in gtaV, as far as dollar amounts and frequency, is killing pedestrians, which f*cking sucks because of the cops, lack of gore, and lack of variety in their reactions/endurance.

Shooting birds in gtav is fun every once in a while, but there's just no point to it now. 

remember in the 90s and early 2000s, when animals would actually be dismembered by car crashes and explosions/gunshots, or just display gore of any kind?

this game sucks

The game sucks because you can't make thousands of dollars for shooting birds?

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

OG

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

Why would you think in GTA V they would have you skinning the animals same as in RDR. In these times people simply haul the carcass to a safe place and sell it's meat, pelts and even sell it to scientists for plain old research at times. No one in 2013 is really out there in a forest, risking their life to properly skin an animal..

Actually they do such as Bears, Elk & Moose they are too heavy to carry out of the woods so they will skin and harvest the meat where the animals had fallen.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:06 AM Edited by bicycles?, 25 October 2013 - 08:17 AM.

this game sucks

it sucks because of all the fun/basic things it's missing from rockstar's previous games, and because it's too scripted, and because the controls are horrible, and because a lot of the stuff shown in the 'gameplay trailers' is only possible on the scripted/highly restrictive missions and nowhere else, and because it's full of non-interactive stuff/stuff that's only available in a mission, and because of all the glitches/basic features that offline players can't have fixed/added, and because it forces boring repetitive bullsh*t on you instead of allowing you to do fun things... and a ton of other stuff. I can keep going, but there are enough threads dedicated to this discussion as it is

legendm0de
  • legendm0de

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:45 PM Edited by legendm0de, 25 October 2013 - 04:46 PM.

this game sucks

it sucks because of all the fun/basic things it's missing from rockstar's previous games, and because it's too scripted, and because the controls are horrible, and because a lot of the stuff shown in the 'gameplay trailers' is only possible on the scripted/highly restrictive missions and nowhere else, and because it's full of non-interactive stuff/stuff that's only available in a mission, and because of all the glitches/basic features that offline players can't have fixed/added, and because it forces boring repetitive bullsh*t on you instead of allowing you to do fun things... and a ton of other stuff. I can keep going, but there are enough threads dedicated to this discussion as it is

Yes and the biggest feature I've seen missed in those threads is that there is not anymore Burger Shot, they are all weak complaints. And you're complaining about not cashing out for shooting birds out of the air, then your incredibly vague about the rest of your problems with the game.

Anyway I understand you don't think of many of the features that are in place on V are fun, so you probably miss vigilante modes and rampage modes from the PS2 era, so I say to you, as advice, there is always Saints Row >>> We are playing a new GTA, if it doesn't satisfy you there are alternatives. Otherwise, I just don't understand how you can complain about a game that lets you do anything you want. Maybe you just don't have an imagination so you are mad they don't layout something for you to do that you want to be involved in.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm sorry you're so sensitive about me expecting a better game since it cost more money and took more time than their other games with more playable features, but this is a thread about the hunting.

I was talking about one specific, tiny but glaring example of the hunting being worse than RDR.  this isn't a thread about Burger Shot or interiors, numbskull.

And I'm not complaining about not being able to 'cash out,' I'm complaining about them removing any semblance of purpose out of the hunting. there's no gore and no reward, so the ONLY thing the 'hunting' is good for is 'fun,' and it's not fun.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

To be honest skinning things would be cool. Plus, Trevor seems like the kind of guy who would happily skin and wear human leather.  

DadofGhost
  • DadofGhost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

"First thing I wanted to do after hitting a dog with my car in GTA 5 was "skin animal". Nothing popped up, so than I knew that was not an option. Immediately after that I realised what kind of a retard I actually am.

Who had the same feeling? Or thoughts?"

Guilty.

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

this game sucks

Hey, it's better than the guy who said the game suck cause the tail lights are too dim.  Not much better but better.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:46 PM Edited by bicycles?, 25 October 2013 - 11:07 PM.

posting this for the retards who want to act like the lame 'hunting' is the only issue

there's a lot that could be added to the list, and other people have posted similarly-sized lists full of stuff that I didn't touch on.  the game sucks for many reasons.

- No gore

- No crumbling brick walls as advertized

- No grabbing people or repelling as advertized, only on-mission when instructed to

- little bushes everywhere that stop you dead in your tracks/wreck your cars

- No crouching - cover is only allowed on predesignated objects - no help from geography or objects you aren't standing against.

- No roll button, can't roll without a weapon equipped

- No punching or kicking with a weapon equipped = sh*tty transition to close-quarters combat

- No "retry" or "cancel" option until you die or fail a mission.

- terrible car/plane/bike handling

- No control over what kind of punches or kicks you throw

- 1-3 good crashes on a bicycle and you're dead, but you can roll convertibles [with their tops down] around on their backs like turtles without scratching the car or player.

- No camping like in RDR.

- No RDR-style hunting/trade. Takes any sense of purpose out of the hunting.

-  the text for button prompts and in parts of the pause menus is too small to read - on the biggest tv I've ever owned even.

- Forces a boring-ass stock market "experience" on you and the most important stocks [lester missions, tinkle, betapharm, etc] aren't available if you're not playing online/connected to the social network.

- Forces the cell phone on you, but the camera won't even save pictures if you're not playing online. Horsesh*t.

- the prostitute 'experience' is offensively bad. They don't just hop in your car and get to it, it's a whole awkward, cringey, grunty cutscene presentation that you can't cancel out of and it's just bad.

- The 'random' missions aren't random at all, they're just lesser missions.

- They force realism on you in every aspect, but the cars twist/slide on an axis that's floating above the pavement and the 'crash damage' is ridiculous.

- Trucks and SUVs handle like crap in the mountains, while sports cars fly right up them.

- Police spawning/despawning horribly, and only existing when you're wanted.

- Cars dissapearing

- No NPCs on the cable cars or fair rides, and you have to pay to "ride" them, but it's really just initiating a sequence in which you're just watching the ride, unable to shoot/do anything.

- You die or get badly injured by slipping/stumbling on a slope, but flip your convertible with it's top down and you can roll around on the back of the car/your head like a turtle, and there's no visible damage.

- The cars handle more like bikes in the air than bicycles do.

- The explosions are all the same, an ugly effervescent black/yellow, and they transfer/spread from car to car like a ghost for no reason.

- Compare EVERYTHING about this game to Just Cause 2, which came out 5 years ago... It's amazing how much worse gta is in many basic aspects.

- people catch fire like magic

- Usually can't get out of a flying/tumbling/slowly sliding car until it comes to a complete stop, and when you do, you fall/tumble and it's incredibly slow.

- Can't bail out of a vehicle, even at low speeds, without injury

- Near-invisible reticle

- Super-sensitive wanted meter, but you can't even aim a gun out a window without it firing automatically nonstop.

- No binoculars/telescope and the camera doesn't work offline

- Constantly pushing the ifruit crap and other online services even though there's no internet connection.

would you like more?

legendm0de
  • legendm0de

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:18 AM Edited by legendm0de, 26 October 2013 - 11:25 AM.

posting this for the retards who want to act like the lame 'hunting' is the only issue

there's a lot that could be added to the list, and other people have posted similarly-sized lists full of stuff that I didn't touch on.  the game sucks for many reasons.

- No gore

- No crumbling brick walls as advertized

- No grabbing people or repelling as advertized, only on-mission when instructed to

- little bushes everywhere that stop you dead in your tracks/wreck your cars

- No crouching - cover is only allowed on predesignated objects - no help from geography or objects you aren't standing against.

- No roll button, can't roll without a weapon equipped

- No punching or kicking with a weapon equipped = sh*tty transition to close-quarters combat

- No "retry" or "cancel" option until you die or fail a mission.

- terrible car/plane/bike handling

- No control over what kind of punches or kicks you throw

- 1-3 good crashes on a bicycle and you're dead, but you can roll convertibles [with their tops down] around on their backs like turtles without scratching the car or player.

-  the text for button prompts and in parts of the pause menus is too small to read - on the biggest tv I've ever owned even.

- Forces a boring-ass stock market "experience" on you and the most important stocks [lester missions, tinkle, betapharm, etc] aren't available if you're not playing online/connected to the social network.

- Forces the cell phone on you, but the camera won't even save pictures if you're not playing online. Horsesh*t.

- the prostitute 'experience' is offensively bad. They don't just hop in your car and get to it, it's a whole awkward, cringey, grunty cutscene presentation that you can't cancel out of and it's just bad.

- The 'random' missions aren't random at all, they're just lesser missions.

- They force realism on you in every aspect, but the cars twist/slide on an axis that's floating above the pavement and the 'crash damage' is ridiculous.

- Trucks and SUVs handle like crap in the mountains, while sports cars fly right up them.

- Police spawning/despawning horribly, and only existing when you're wanted.

- Cars dissapearing

- No NPCs on the cable cars or fair rides, and you have to pay to "ride" them, but it's really just initiating a sequence in which you're just watching the ride, unable to shoot/do anything.

- You die or get badly injured by slipping/stumbling on a slope, but flip your convertible with it's top down and you can roll around on the back of the car/your head like a turtle, and there's no visible damage.

- The cars handle more like bikes in the air than bicycles do.

- The explosions are all the same, an ugly effervescent black/yellow, and they transfer/spread from car to car like a ghost for no reason.

- Compare EVERYTHING about this game to Just Cause 2, which came out 5 years ago... It's amazing how much worse gta is in many basic aspects.

- people catch fire like magic

- Usually can't get out of a flying/tumbling/slowly sliding car until it comes to a complete stop, and when you do, you fall/tumble and it's incredibly slow.

- Near-invisible reticle

- Super-sensitive wanted meter, but you can't even aim a gun out a window without it firing automatically nonstop.

- No binoculars/telescope and the camera doesn't work offline

- Constantly pushing the ifruit crap and other online services even though there's no internet connection.

would you like more?

This list again making my point, I'm going to out your least embarrassing, Strongest grievances that you have listed with this game. So now the game GTA V sucks because:

Really?

K

Ok.. maybe

- No gore

Never indicated to be in the game, .. Should be understandable why its not in (waste of game space) BUT ok

Finally a solid complaint.

I support people who are campaigning to improve their games, even if they go to such ass-clown lengths to do so buy claiming the game sucks. But this, This is an incredibly stupid lists gets us no f*cking where, aside from going backwards by focusing on your moronic issues with the game. Not to mention that I would trade any of your greatest, legitimate grievances for many of the new features of the game we have that weren't in 4, or done half-crappy buy the PS2 era, or features never before in the series, such as smoking, sports and recreation, online mode, just to name only 3.

By the way:

did you really list that  :bored:

:turn:

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

You're right, the game being aimed at ten year olds is a good thing.

legendm0de
  • legendm0de

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:35 AM Edited by legendm0de, 26 October 2013 - 11:36 AM.

You're right, the game being aimed at ten year olds is a good thing.

Your copy of grand theft auto is aimed at 7 yr olds novice gameplay when you cry about not getting money for killing birds and deer in the forest. You want millions of dollars for holding up convenient stores, and od money glitches 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users