John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

@General

Ok, I'll humour you too.

It seems to be at your convience that you've ignored the thousands of times I've said on this forum that every GTA just gets better and better for me personally, and I still love GTA III. So now that I've disclosed this yet again, going by my logic, try and figure out (if you can) why I don't hate SA.

Just because I grew out of all that "gangsta" crap, doesn't mean I can't still appreciate the game as a whole for what it is.

Well you have a funny way of expressing it. But why do you keep harping on about that "gangsta crap" ?? I just don't get it. GTA is a game about crime, which has always included street gangs or that "gangsta crap" as you call it. That "gangsta crap" is not all about street/ghetto fashion, rap music and urban black slang. It's about drug trade, money, wealth, power, influence, murder and prison.That gangsta stuff you so readily dismiss is a very real and serious form of organized crime in it's own way, something you need to understand. 

So does that mean I have to like and enjoy it?

I call it "gangsta crap" because that is my opinion of it. If it offends you so much when I say "gangsta crap", then just ignore my posts. Simple.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

@General

Ok, I'll humour you too.

It seems to be at your convience that you've ignored the thousands of times I've said on this forum that every GTA just gets better and better for me personally, and I still love GTA III. So now that I've disclosed this yet again, going by my logic, try and figure out (if you can) why I don't hate SA.

Just because I grew out of all that "gangsta" crap, doesn't mean I can't still appreciate the game as a whole for what it is.

Well you have a funny way of expressing it. But why do you keep harping on about that "gangsta crap" ?? I just don't get it. GTA is a game about crime, which has always included street gangs or that "gangsta crap" as you call it. That "gangsta crap" is not all about street/ghetto fashion, rap music and urban black slang. It's about drug trade, money, wealth, power, influence, murder and prison.That gangsta stuff you so readily dismiss is a very real and serious form of organized crime in it's own way, something you need to understand. 

I call it "gangsta crap" because that is my opinion of it. If it offends you so much when I say "gangsta crap", then just ignore my posts. Simple.

ae8dd56f-961c-6ce9.jpg

• NYdreamz likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

@jptawok

You said...

"Your entire history is either creating threads wishing it didnt exist"

...and this is why I can't take you seriously anymore.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:04 PM Edited by jptawok, 11 October 2013 - 06:04 PM.

@jptawok

You said...

"Your entire history is either creating threads wishing it didnt exist"

...and this is why I can't take you seriously anymore.

It's ok, if I came unequipped to a battle of wits I would also take the high road of not taking the person seriously.  It's a sure fire way of not getting your feelings hurt, amirite?

BTW, theres a fine line of liking something more than something similar, not liking, and "wishing it didn't exist".  Petulance is your best trait, flaunt it girlfriend!

Edit: Damn that's gotta be your fourth pitiful cop out in a single thread?  Is that a record for you?

• latigreblue likes this

Criminal
  • Criminal

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Literally every one of your complaints but the last one were about technical limitations.

On a nearly 10 year old game ffs.

I don't think going back to old video games for appreciation is your thing, since you seem completely oblivious to time and place.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

@General

Ok, I'll humour you too.

There was so much more to SA than "gangsta crap," why is that even brought up?

There you have it - you just explained it for me. I'm quite aware there was more to the game than the gangsta thing, which is exactly why I said "I still appreciate the game as a whole"

And it was brought up, because it was the primary theme of the game, there's no denying that.

Something tells me you're just bullsh*tting about appreciating SA, even at the time.  You keep bringing up the gangsta theme in a negative manner now, but if you really enjoyed it at the time (you say you grew out of it...which implies that you liked it, or didn't mind it at the very least), I can't see why you would view it in a negative light now, gameplay wise (I can understand not liking the culture IRL...I don't like it myself).

This seem to be a main focus of the game for you.  I'm thinking you're just saying that you enjoyed it to appear unbiased, when you really hated it all along.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on the matter.  Also, how do you feel about the mafia aspect included in every GTA game (except V as it wasn't there)?  Did you ever grow out of that "crap?"

Please don't resort to the "you're bullsh*tting" argument.

And we're going round in circles now. For the third time; I appreciate the game as a whole. Which means yes I still enjoy the game, as it isn't all about the gangsta stuff (which yes, I thought was cool or whatever during my teens, but sorry to break it you fella - people sometimes grow out of things) 

As for the mafia; I didn't miss it at all in V. That said, I find it less annoying, as I don't have to hear "nigga/dawg/etc" every 5 seconds during dialogue.

No need to apologize as that's your problem if you don't like it, not mine.  You're the only one bringing up your hatred for gangsta crap, and this seems to be your biggest focus when looking back on SA...not the "whole experience" as you say.  Again, I think you're bullsh*tting, or trolling and looking to elicit a response from fans of SA.

But whatever.

Many people love SA, because for many people it was their first GTA. It had record breaking sales at that time and introduced many gamers to the GTA series. And your first GTA is usually the most memorable.

In reality, there were and still are many people who found SA worse than VC.

Or, it could be because they enjoyed the content more?

Sure, but there is a lot of nostalgia in there too.

That's with anything...so no point in singling out SA.

• Jacob-B likes this

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

tumblr_lifnxxEYfI1qzr8nao1_500.gif

• bish0p2004 likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

@bish0p2004

FFS. I'm not trying to elicit anything from SA fans. I'm simply at the point of being frustrated and fed up with people whining about V not being a 2.0 remake of SA. R* are not a developer who just churns out replicas of their games just to please a certain group of one of their titles fanboys.

And no, I don't just think of gangbanger crap when looking back at SA, as like I've said, there's much more to it. But that still doesn't change the fact that it's the primary theme of the game. How anyone can dispute this is beyond me.

Like I've said a thousand times now, I believe every GTA just gets better and better, of which I've given my reasons for this on multiple threads. Just because I'm no longer interested in a certain element of a game, doesn't necessarily mean I then turn around and hate everything about it. Whether you choose to believe this is entirely your decision.

@jptawok

Sorry but I'm not wasting anymore time with12 year old trolls who think this forum is a superiority contest, and spams threads with memes ang gifs. There you go, you won child. Now go celebrate your amazing internet achievement with some well deserved chocolate milk.

iIiIiI00080
  • iIiIiI00080

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Niko Bellic's half brother is right. A lot of you fools just wanted SA 2.0.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

You should check out the comparison video of San Andreas/GTA V, makes San Andreas trolls look even more ridiculous. 

They claim they had more to do and that it was a richer city, lmao. SA looks like a bland and boring graveyard compared to GTA V. Haters fail lmao.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

@jptawok

Sorry but I'm not wasting anymore time with12 year old trolls who think this forum is a superiority contest, and spams threads with memes ang gifs. There you go, you won child. Now go celebrate your amazing internet achievement with some well deserved chocolate milk.

(http://en.wikipedia....he_kettle_black)

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

i dont think u idiots understand so let me break it down to you.... we dont want SA 2.0... we just want the sh*t that made SA fun in future games.... meaning none of that useless yoga sh*t instead how bout drivable trains, vigilante missions, jetpacks etc.. meaning it doesnt have to be in SA nor feature CJ ... just bring the sh*t fun back so after beating the story .. i have sh*t to do... instead of driving around in a big ass city with nothing to do .... get it ???

• bish0p2004 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

How was dancing any better than yoga? Why does one get a pass but the other doesn't?

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:49 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 11 October 2013 - 06:50 PM.

How was dancing any better than yoga? Why does one get a pass but the other doesn't?

actually dancing was better than yoga... i found pressing buttons on the screen more of a challenge than pressing the analog stick in boring ways .....

but anyway... i could name more sh*t to do besides playing with chop and doing yoga .... how about what i said in my last post.. plus gambling, playing pool etc....  im still lost tho on how wanting those in gta 5 means i want a SA remake ...

• bish0p2004 likes this

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

all these noob kids just will NEVER understand why we loved GTA:SA 

they will compare gta5 and gtasa LITERALLY side by side and wonder why we loved gta sa. 

they will never understand... even if they played the game now..

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

they will compare gta5 and gtasa LITERALLY side by side and wonder why we loved gta sa. 

I bought SA the day it came out and I still prefer V. Honestly most of the biggest V critics joined recently.

• John Smith likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 11 October 2013 - 06:59 PM.

@bish0p2004

FFS. I'm not trying to elicit anything from SA fans. I'm simply at the point of being frustrated and fed up with people whining about V not being a 2.0 remake of SA. R* are not a developer who just churns out replicas of their games just to please a certain group of one of their titles fanboys.

And no, I don't just think of gangbanger crap when looking back at SA, as like I've said, there's much more to it. But that still doesn't change the fact that it's the primary theme of the game. How anyone can dispute this is beyond me.

Like I've said a thousand times now, I believe every GTA just gets better and better, of which I've given my reasons for this on multiple threads. Just because I'm no longer interested in a certain element of a game, doesn't necessarily mean I then turn around and hate everything about it. Whether you choose to believe this is entirely your decision.

NYDreamz already talked about SA 2.0 and it's pretty much my feelings on the matter, so no need to go into that.

Anyways, whenever people are passionate about something, they are going to talk about it, whether it's negative or positive.  Just because you think each GTA gets better doesn't mean everyone will.  So, because people still see SA as the top dog of GTA games (not for the gangsta theme mind you, but because of tons of activities which were fun to them at the time as well as 3 cities, etc), they are going to ponder and compare what could have been with any GTA game that doesn't meet the standards set (in their opinion) by SA. 

As far as your comment on the gangsta theme in the game, of course it's important to the game, but the context in which you bring it up ("I've grown out of the gangsa crap") has no bearing on people's enjoyment of the game in this context.  So it's pointless to bring it up in a negative light, which you have been doing.  It has no bearing on this particular conversation...none whatsoever. 

While dancing is not that much better than yoga, the pass comes in the form that there is nothing challenging about yoga.  At the very least, dancing was slightly more difficult than yoga (to stress my point, neither minigame are especially difficult)...which offered no challenge whatsoever.  Plus, it is far more interesting to look at for some people.

For instance, a funny memory I have in TBoGT is the gay guy who challenges you to a dance off....It still cracks me up how that guy dances.  Nothing about the yoga in V is particularly interesting.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 11 October 2013 - 07:05 PM.

i dont think u idiots understand so let me break it down to you.... we dont want SA 2.0... we just want the sh*t that made SA fun in future games.... meaning none of that useless yoga sh*t instead how bout drivable trains, vigilante missions, jetpacks etc.. meaning it doesnt have to be in SA nor feature CJ ... just bring the sh*t fun back so after beating the story .. i have sh*t to do... instead of driving around in a big ass city with nothing to do .... get it ???

See, this is my problem right here, you guys are never happy.

You complained about IV cutting back on so much (without even understanding why), so now that R* were more familiar with the hardware, they were able to re-implement lots of the features that you guys whined about with IV:

-planes

-car customisation

-a much more varied choice of clothes

-haircuts

-tattoos

-whatever else I've forgotton

While you say you dont want a SA 2.0, you certainly want a carbon copy of it's features. R* already reintroduced most of the more important features to try and please you guys, but they wanted to create new things for us too. Innovation huh, how stupid of them...

Yes yoga is f*cking pointless, and a waste of development time, but I don't understand how it can be a game breaker for people. What about 'strangers + freaks'? Depositry vans to rob? Fully fleshed out sports games to play? (you complained about bowling), just to name a few.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

I bought SA the day it came out and I still prefer V. Honestly most of the biggest V critics joined recently.

... yea and a billion people just recently brought the game...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

You complained about IV cutting back on so much (without even understanding why), so now that R* were more familiar with the hardware, they were able to re-implented lots of the features that you guys whined about with IV:

-planes

-car customisation

-haircuts

-tattoos

While you say you dont want a SA 2.0, you certainly want a carbon copy of it's features. R* already reintroduced most of the more important features to try and please you guys, but they wanted to create new things for us. Innovation huh, how stupid of them...

Yes yoga is f*cking pointless, and a waste of development time, but I don't understand how it can be a game breaker for people. What about 'strangers + freaks'? Depositry vans to rob? Fully fleshed out sports games to play? (you complained about bowling), just to name a few.

This right here. I have even heard people complain that hanging out with friends is optional now and has no effect on the story. Didn't they complain about friends calling in IV? Didn't pretty much everybody criticize bowling? That is why I feel that trying to please many hardcore SA fans is like trying to please a nagging wife. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

If VI removes yoga people will be complaining that they took it out.

• Jacob-B likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Again this is playing with 2013 eyes..so they are admittedly a bit jaded to what we have today.

I think this is the problem entirely. None of the PS2 GTA games looked good, none of them were very detailed, and GTA SA was the first to really have a solid grip on the gameplay. It was a good step forward from Vice City in terms of features and it offered a variety of locations that we had never seen and didn't expect. It took the bigger-is-better idea and performed it to the best on hardware that was starting to basically die. 

San Andreas isn't remarkable nowadays because we have so many open-world games with such a large scope, but in 2004 it was definitely THE open-world game. Even without nostalgia goggles it's still a very good game IMO. 

• Jacob-B likes this

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:18 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 11 October 2013 - 07:21 PM.

You complained about IV cutting back on so much (without even understanding why), so now that R* were more familiar with the hardware, they were able to re-implented lots of the features that you guys whined about with IV:

-planes

-car customisation

-haircuts

-tattoos

While you say you dont want a SA 2.0, you certainly want a carbon copy of it's features. R* already reintroduced most of the more important features to try and please you guys, but they wanted to create new things for us. Innovation huh, how stupid of them...

yea... and im thankful that rockstar brought back those things .. gta 5 is a fun game ... im not saying that it isnt... even gta 4 was a good game .. the story was great and the city was dark ..it was a realistic approach to GTA .... although it was less fun than 1 that came before it..

but back to gta 5.... its a great game... the missions are fun enough to replay them... glad they included a military base, glad we could fly the huge planes etc.. hell theres even animals and underwater as a bonus ..

but in terms of fun.. we already know the game is great but im speaking on fun... how fun is it when you beat the story and the strangers and freak missions and have a couple million dollars left and brought all the properties ... what exactly is there to do...

you might tell me to go online and i can do that ... but id rather my GTA experience be off..

all im saying is ... i could go back and play SA with the story beaten and find still find a good amount of things to do while in 5 i can find some things to do (tennis,golf,races,hunt,strip club, but besides that .... online is the only place from there)

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 11 October 2013 - 07:33 PM.

ill say this.. playing GTA 5 you can tell rockstar was catering towards its GTA SA fans... and its good 1st step (not perfect)... and with all the new stuff added online from last year.. they catered to the online crowd alot as well.... everyone cant win... i can understand that.. but

nobody should get mad at folks because there was something in the past GTA game that they loved and its gone and want it back... either way sales told you at the end of the day who won ...

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:35 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 11 October 2013 - 07:37 PM.

@NYdreamz

You kind of answered your own question with..."tennis,golf,races,hunt,strip club", not to mention the other stuff I mentioned in my last post.

I honestly respect your opinion, but what exactly was more fun about the features of SA for you?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

It is plenty fun just to mess around in the game like all the other GTAs. What was there to do in VC after you completed everything or III or even SA after you completed everything and took over all the gang turfs? Why do the HD GTAs need to hold people's hands but the past ones never had to do that?

robp77
  • robp77

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Because you are trying to deflect all bad criticism from GTA 5 onto San Andreas. Somehow because people are comparing the two and you like 5 better, you're trying to influence public opinion on why SA sucks and 5 is better. And many people like myself were expecting V to be a San Andreas Sequel. And San Andreas is the best GTA game ever released. People have fond memories of it.

GTA 5 sucks. GTA San Andreas was good.

• latigreblue likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Another thing is why do people constantly complain that missions in V are too linear but linear missions in V like the last mission with Tennpenny on the firetruck and the mission with smoke speeding through drains on the bike with you on the back plus the mission with you following the train get a pass? Missions in GTAs have always been more linear then free roam. Once again SA gets a pass while V gets nit picked to death. For many fans SA is like that ex that no other person will ever live up to while people like me look back on it fondly but realize 2004 is long gone and love the new games for what they are.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by Official General, 11 October 2013 - 08:29 PM.

@General

Ok, I'll humour you too.

I don't have a problem with what you write, I don't get upset over it, I challenge it. I'm not gonna get worked up over a video game, believe me bro, I can think of more important stuff to be concerned out. Over time, I learned to ignore most your posts, because you kept on talking the same old rubbish. I hate SA. I hate gangstas, rap music bla, bla bla. But here we are talking about it again, because I chose to, and recent posts have been the cause of me going here again. If you don't wanna talk about it, just say so and I will stop, no need for you to get upset and shed tears and claim that I'm bullying you. 

No you don't have to like it and enjoy it, but it begs the question, why you ever bother playing GTA in the first place. The essence of GTA themes are to do with mainly organized crime and gangs, and that sure enough includes what you call "gangstas", it always has done. The only difference with San Andreas, was that "gangsta crap" was the main theme. Without looking at the "black urban culture" I cannot see how that stuff that CJ did was so different to Tommy, Niko, Claude, Johnny or Luis. They are all murderers, gangsters and thieves. Again, I'm not saying you are racist, but you cannot expect every GTA protagonist to be a white gangster, mafioso, criminal or whatever. You can do think and do as you please in discussing this subject, but you just don't make no sense at all. 

Anyway, you just need to accept the fact that you are very much in the minority. SA is probably still the most liked  and popular GTA in the series for very good solid reasons, whether you like it or not. And I'm saying this as a Vice City fan, with Tommy Vercetti my favorite GTA protagonist. 

• NYdreamz likes this

DatDudeDB
  • DatDudeDB

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

It seems like in order to make a great gta game that pleases the "fans", you simply have to include everything but the kitchen sink in terms of side activities and items.

Sad really. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users