Photo

people say iv is better then v smh...

170 replies to this topic
bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Its tradition to like the game before the current GTA.  GTA IV was HATED to death just like V on these forums and there were mass complaints at how SA was a much better game and im sure SA suffered this with VC as well.

In short nostalgia is more powerful then any improvement. GTA V added 3 protags, weapon customization, a huge map with a lot of variety, great car modding,  improved shooting, better movement, a massive range of vehicles, great underwater world, tons more activities, improved writing, better guns, better police ai and system and so much more oh and i'm not even going to mention GTA Online and how it slaughters IV's online.

IV was a great game and i will be returning to it some time soon but V is definitely a better game when you look at everything. I think Liberty City was the better city because we got to meet more people as Niko didn't work for himself or forced to work for the government.  Also the game's shorter at the request of fans, so we can only look to ourselves for blame there.

When it comes to the Assassin's Creed series, people like Assassin's Creed 2 more than the first one.
That nostalgic argument is still lame.
ac1 sucked badly it was really repetitive and boring (and this coming from a big AC fan who played all of them)... AC2 was like GTA 3 to the series without the graphical improvement but besides that it improved on everything and was much better, that's why people prefer AC2 instead of AC1 and a lot of people prefer AC2 than AC3 ...
Read my response to his post on the matter.
Didn't make myself clear, my bad... what I mean is AC1 sucked whilst GTA SA for example had a great impact on people unlike AC1.... that's why people tend to be so attached to SA and VC and kinda hate on more recent games because of this and that since it didn't give them the "nostalgic feeling"...

AC 1 sucked in your opinion.  Again, I loved it and so did other people.  I loved AC 2 as well...in fact, more than 1.  I loved Brotherhood more than AC 1 and 2.  Revelations was good, but not as good as the previous games.  I loved AC 3 as well, more than the previous games.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but your nostalgic argument doesn't always work.  I don't know how many different ways to tell you guys this.  It's like banging my head on a brick wall.
exactly it doesn't always work... but with gta it simply does :/
Of course it works in your opinion, you're as biased about V as you claim others to be about the older games.

the same goes for you :) You think the the nostalgia argument is crap but it's just your opinion after all :/

You think nostalgia works in every case when it comes to GTA (basically its's black and white in your perception). I think it works in some cases, but not others and as such shouldn't be used at all unless a person specifically says that they only love it due to nostalgia (which people have done in this thread).

Now tell me again, whose biased?

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, 12 October 2013 - 03:38 PM.

It's hard to describe, but GTA IV just has more heart than V, in every aspect from gameplay to story. Having 3 characters (none of them with anywhere near the depth Niko had) made it pretty disjointed and gimmicky for me, plus the rushed story allowed for no memorble antagonists or supporting characters.

It's agreed that LC was much more alive than LS. LS almost seems like an extra in the concept of a bigger map, which just comes off as fanservice. I memorised LC because of how distinctive each area was, there's no way i'll ever memorise LS (just the city area) because it has no character. R* said LC was a character of it's own in IV, not the case with V.

And really, the stats are useless, and gun customization is limited and unnecessary. Car customization is alright.

Doolz351
  • Doolz351

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

you've got to be crazy to think gta iv is better then v

f*ck IV, Niko was a little bitch

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:43 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 12 October 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Its tradition to like the game before the current GTA.  GTA IV was HATED to death just like V on these forums and there were mass complaints at how SA was a much better game and im sure SA suffered this with VC as well.

In short nostalgia is more powerful then any improvement. GTA V added 3 protags, weapon customization, a huge map with a lot of variety, great car modding,  improved shooting, better movement, a massive range of vehicles, great underwater world, tons more activities, improved writing, better guns, better police ai and system and so much more oh and i'm not even going to mention GTA Online and how it slaughters IV's online.

IV was a great game and i will be returning to it some time soon but V is definitely a better game when you look at everything. I think Liberty City was the better city because we got to meet more people as Niko didn't work for himself or forced to work for the government.  Also the game's shorter at the request of fans, so we can only look to ourselves for blame there.

When it comes to the Assassin's Creed series, people like Assassin's Creed 2 more than the first one.
That nostalgic argument is still lame.
ac1 sucked badly it was really repetitive and boring (and this coming from a big AC fan who played all of them)... AC2 was like GTA 3 to the series without the graphical improvement but besides that it improved on everything and was much better, that's why people prefer AC2 instead of AC1 and a lot of people prefer AC2 than AC3 ...
Didn't make myself clear, my bad... what I mean is AC1 sucked whilst GTA SA for example had a great impact on people unlike AC1.... that's why people tend to be so attached to SA and VC and kinda hate on more recent games because of this and that since it didn't give them the "nostalgic feeling"...

AC 1 sucked in your opinion.  Again, I loved it and so did other people.  I loved AC 2 as well...in fact, more than 1.  I loved Brotherhood more than AC 1 and 2.  Revelations was good, but not as good as the previous games.  I loved AC 3 as well, more than the previous games.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but your nostalgic argument doesn't always work.  I don't know how many different ways to tell you guys this.  It's like banging my head on a brick wall.
Of course it works in your opinion, you're as biased about V as you claim others to be about the older games.

the same goes for you :) You think the the nostalgia argument is crap but it's just your opinion after all :/

You think nostalgia works in every case when it comes to GTA (basically its's black and white in your perception). I think it works in some cases, but not others and as such shouldn't be used at all unless a person specifically says that they only love it due to nostalgia (which people have done in this thread).

you are trying to change my opinion just because it doesn't coincide with yours which you think is right... and I am biased? Guess the word "biased" has changed it's meaning since the last time I checked

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Gta iv has depth which gta v lacks imo

GTA IV satirized the American Dream. GTA V is satirizing the American reality today. Completely different takes on two somewhat disparate issues. 

• IveGotNoValues likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 12 October 2013 - 04:59 PM.

i think Iv is better than V so am i crazy for having an opinion?? Jesus Christ the idiocy  on these forums blows my mind Sometimes. 

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

The visuals and gameplay have vastly improved in V but story & atmosphere were definitely better in IV

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 12 October 2013 - 05:17 PM.

I should probably leave the Internet for having an opinion,.......

I agree with everything you posted. Especially here

"I should probably leave the Internet for having an opinion, but while I will be playing GTA V more, Rockstar put more effort into GTA IV. What makes me say that? For one, they only care about online now, ignoring single player gamers such as myself. They also completely ruined what a city feeling is. If I walk the streets, pedestrians call the police on me for no reason, honk the horn for half a second? They call them for that, GTA IV's AI actually worked, they helped you out, they weren't afraid of you, and at least I could let Niko walk the streets without getting in trouble..."

Call me a sore loser, but I don't appreciate R* f*cking me up the ass the way they did with SP. Then added insult to injury by doing it without KY jelly.  Then rubbing salt into the wound by providing no means for me to even begin enjoying an online style of game play which I completely despise as a PC gamer.

R* basically forced a change in my style of game play by descoping all the meaningful content in SP for GTAO.  Then chose to ignore the fact 99% of free roam is infested with psychotic, underage, CoD, fps sociopaths who have no f*cking idea how to interact with other players in free roam.  Or realize there are specific missions/activities like team death match missions and GTA racing missions which were specifically created for that sort of behavior. 

Underage griefers who are too emotionally immature to understand there ARE rules of engagement once you complete a co-op mission and leave the mission marker.  R* doesn't seem to have a problem labeling former team mates bad sports when they cap you in the back as you try to leave the mission marker....

If I didn't know better, I'd swear R* is in bed with the griefers who're ruining free mode.  Because R* doesn't appear to give a f*ck that you get labeled a bad sport when you try to retaliate and defend yourself in free mode.  Especially if you're minding your own business, then suddenly find you're having to defend yourself from getting your insured vehicle jacked. Or being shot at and killed with an RPG while in your insured vehicle.  Or being run over by griefers because you don't want to get wasted for the hundredth time in your insured and uparmored car.

All of this sh*t WHEN YOU'RE IN PASSIVE MODE FFS. 

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:30 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 12 October 2013 - 05:32 PM.

you are trying to change my opinion just because it doesn't coincide with yours which you think is right... and I am biased? Guess the word "biased" has changed it's meaning since the last time I checked

Basically, you're not taking an objective stance by claiming that the only reason people prefer the older GTA games to the newer ones is due to nostalgia and only nostalgia.

That's your opinion, which of course you posed as fact in your previous posts.  I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but the fact that I even gave credence to the idea of nostalgia in this context shows that I am at least attempting to be somewhat objective about your opinions.

So no, I'm not trying to change your opinion on that.  You have a right to like whatever it is you like...but don't tell me that I prefer one thing over another due to some preconceived notion that you have about gamers.

And yes, you are biased in this case, simply because you favor GTA V over the previous games, and whoever does not favor V over the previous games is simply suffering from "nostalgia."  This is all your  opinion of course (based on your previous posts) which you believe is actually factual ( this is based on your matter of fact tone from your previous posts as well., which I alluded to earlier).

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Gta iv has depth which gta v lacks imo

GTA IV satirized the American Dream. GTA V is satirizing the American reality today. Completely different takes on two somewhat disparate issues. 

Exactly. If you really listen to the dialogue V has a lot of depth. It really does and I am not just saying that as a fanboy. The story is not as straightforward as IV but it has many layers.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by GTA564, 12 October 2013 - 05:57 PM.

MiamiVicecity:

Well i agree that the story of GTA IV was much better

I'm not saying that GTA V is a perfect game but is my favorite GTA game

do not forget that when it comes to PC it will be much more alive cause R* will have the ability to put more NPC's & animals in the game

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

It's like V took a sledgehammer to everything I can't stand about modern society.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

v smacks the sh*t out of IV... V smacks the sh*t out of every other GTA if you think SA is still the king than get your head out of your ass and stop living in the past

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by Official General, 12 October 2013 - 08:27 PM.

RIGHT.......

Certain people on here need to stop talking this rubbish about other people who prefer San Andreas over GTA V "due to nostalgia". That nostalgia stuff in this debate is just bullsh*t.

SA haters can hate and criticize on SA for they want, they can do it to the grave, nothing will change.The fact remains that SA was a great, groundbreaking game for it's time, it pushed the GTA series as far as it could ever go for that era. SA did have it's flaws, BUT it was a colossally, huge game in every way imaginable, it had tons of fun and interesting things to do, and it's popularity and acclaim was well-deserved. These are the reasons why many GTA fans still prefer SA over V, because there are many really good things SA has that V does not, I don't need to go into all of it again. When comparing just how good and much a big influence both the games were when they came out for the first time, I think it's fair to say that SA was better than V is. Give credit where it's due and stop hatin' on SA. 

For most part, it's nothing to do with nostalgia, fanboyism, none of that. People just know when is something is better than another thing. 

I don't play SA and III-era GTAs anymore, simply because I've long moved onto HD console technology. But it still don't detract that I see SA as better than V. I don't hate V, I still think it's better than GTA IV, but not by much. 

Proletariat

I enjoyed V's storyline, but I think Rockstar kind of messed up with the main theme of it all. It was supposed to be about the pursuit of powerful American dollar, but frankly, I did not really get that feel of it, with the exception of Franklin. Michael was already rich, Trevor had his illegal enterprises making money already and he still did not care about a life of luxury and extravagance. And even then, Franklin had his luxury property given to him, he never had the freedom to spend it on a luxury property of his choice, and there should have been more to Franklin's story too. I think that pursuit of the dollar thing was a failure if you ask me. Rockstar should have done better with implementing the main theme properly into the storyline. 

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:43 PM Edited by Raavi, 12 October 2013 - 09:43 PM.

v smacks the sh*t out of IV... V smacks the sh*t out of every other GTA if you think SA is still the king than get your head out of your ass and stop living in the past

---

Some people have got to learn to respect opinions that differ from theirs. You're free to disagree with someone's point of view, just do so in a respectful manner, no need to resort to derogatory terms.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

It's hard to describe, but GTA IV just has more heart than V, in every aspect from gameplay to story. Having 3 characters (none of them with anywhere near the depth Niko had) made it pretty disjointed and gimmicky for me, plus the rushed story allowed for no memorble antagonists or supporting characters.

It's agreed that LC was much more alive than LS. LS almost seems like an extra in the concept of a bigger map, which just comes off as fanservice. I memorised LC because of how distinctive each area was, there's no way i'll ever memorise LS (just the city area) because it has no character. R* said LC was a character of it's own in IV, not the case with V.

And really, the stats are useless, and gun customization is limited and unnecessary. Car customization is alright.

Lol @ LS having 'no character'. Whatever dude...it's based off LA and its a great interpretation. But nevermind...it's got nothing going for it.

Lmao. Thats hilarious.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by iFight, 12 October 2013 - 10:28 PM.

The people that thinks Gta iv Is better. Tell me, gta iv has:

3 protags?
tennis?

Animals?
Countryside?
Custom garage to modify vehicles?

better graphic?

Tits uncensored?

aggressive cops?
weapon mod?

Ufo?
New fight style?

Masks?

Jets?

Military base?
hunting?

useless yoga?

blimp?

More vehicles?

and more...

You guys should feel bad now after what i said, I like gta iv, Niko as protag but gta v is better than gta iv.

Top 3

Gta V

Gta San Andreas (close)

Gta iv

Le'Beat
  • Le'Beat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Everytime, I started playing GTAIV or just loaded a save, I got bored right away. Few missions, & it felt allways the same. I hated it, never finished. i love NEW YORK. im from europe, I knew all the songs on the radio from IV, but man It sucked ass. Whole city & just few houses u can enter. GtaV on other hand, I cant just stop playing it. Now the whole mt chiliad stuff... OMFG san andreas all over again. GTA v FTW

jongameslap
  • jongameslap

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Grand Theft Auto V is something extremely special; it's a massively ambitious game with an incredible amount of high aspirations, especially for it being available to play on current-gen hardware. So much hard work and dedication was poured into this game by an experienced team of dedicated developers who have learned how to properly use and manipulate current-gen hardware to create stunning game titles that usually exceed expectations. That being said, Grand Theft Auto V is way better then Grand Theft Auto IV in a number of ways - sure GTA IV was a really great game, but I felt that it was lacking in potential, and disappointed in many ways. However, GTA V was everything I expected, and more.     

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by Raavi, 12 October 2013 - 10:57 PM.

@Ifight

3 protags?

3 protagonists, without any morals and sh*tty stories. I'd take Niko or John any day over them.

tennis?

Yeah, real fun. No.

Animals?

There a few animals, nothing close to RDR plus they just feel out of place and awkward.

Countryside?

Whoo we know have a giant patch of land filled with mountains. The memory wasted on that could've been used to construct a decent city with plenty interiors.

It's not something that makes or breaks a game. Sure it's nice to have, but it's just a novelty.

better graphic?

Now that's just shallow. GTA IV is a 2008 game, GTA V a 2013 one.

Tits uncensored?

Naming uncensored virtual female breasts as a reason GTA V is better? Someone needs get his rocks of.

aggressive cops?

That's a game breaker, if I've ever seen one.

weapon mod?

That do little to nothing and give a false sense of security.

Ufo?

Nice for the people who want to speculate on the history of a non existing virtual world. Again nothing that makes or breaks a game.

New fight style?

Now almost every time I hit someone, they die instantly. Great.

Masks?

At least in RDR they had their perks, now they're just purely aesthetic.

Jets?

There is no interesting destination to fly to. Just a run down airstrip.

Military base?

Yet there is no military incorporated in the wanted system.

hunting?

Utterly useless. Since there is no benefit in hunting, it's just senseless killing of virtual animals.

useless yoga?

Requires no further detailing.

blimp?

A giant slow moving object in the sky, fantastic.

More vehicles?

That handle like a potato and all like they've just driven out of the showroom.

I'm starting to see a theme develop here.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:01 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 12 October 2013 - 11:04 PM.

@Ifight

3 protags?

3 protagonists, without any morals and sh*tty stories. I'd take Niko or John any day over them.

tennis?

Yeah, real fun. No.

Animals?

There a few animals, nothing close to RDR plus they just feel out of place and awkward.

Countryside?

Whoo we know have a giant patch of land filled with mountains. The memory wasted on that could've been used to construct a decent city with plenty interiors.

It's not something that makes or breaks a game. Sure it's nice to have, but it's just a novelty.

better graphic?

Now that's just shallow. GTA IV is a 2008 game, GTA V a 2013 one.

Tits uncensored?

Naming uncensored virtual female breasts as a reason GTA V is better? Someone needs get his rocks of.

aggressive cops?

That's a game breaker, if I've ever seen one.

weapon mod?

That do little to nothing and give a false sense of security.

Ufo?

Nice for the people who want to speculate on the history of a non existing virtual world. Again nothing that makes or breaks a game.

New fight style?

Now almost every time I hit someone, they die instantly. Great.

Masks?

At least in RDR they had their perks, now they're just purely aesthetic.

Jets?

There is no interesting destination to fly to. Just a run down airstrip.

Military base?

Yet there is no military incorporated in the wanted system.

hunting?

Utterly useless. Since there is no benefit in hunting, it's just senseless killing of virtual animals.

useless yoga?

Requires no further detailing.

blimp?

A giant slow moving object in the sky, fantastic.

More vehicles?

That handle like a potato and all like they've just driven out of the showroom.

why so much hate towards V? you just took everything he just sayd positive about V and transformed it all into negative aspects (although most of it was bullsh*t, like tennis for example, it can be boring to you but for me it's one of my favorite activities) and your complaint about the driving... reminds me of that time when GTA V leaks started coming out and everyone was crying over the driving although they never played the game... then when the game came out people changed their points of views and ended up loving it

I'm really starting to think you never played the game

The fact is... V is better than IV and this is not my opinion talking... it's better, it improved on everything, some guys may prefer IV over V but doesn't change the fact that V is better

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

@Ifight

-100% true story-

why so much hate towards V? you just took everything he just sayd positive about V and transformed it all into negative aspects (although most of it was bullsh*t, like tennis for example, it can be boring to you but for me it's one of my favorite activities)

Here we go again. "Never played the game"

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

@Ifight

-100% true story-

why so much hate towards V? you just took everything he just sayd positive about V and transformed it all into negative aspects (although most of it was bullsh*t, like tennis for example, it can be boring to you but for me it's one of my favorite activities)

You call me a no lifer yet you are the one stalking me... guess I'm gonna have to block your ass so I don't see your sh*tty posts anymore

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I enjoyed V's storyline, but I think Rockstar kind of messed up with the main theme of it all. It was supposed to be about the pursuit of powerful American dollar, but frankly, I did not really get that feel of it, with the exception of Franklin. Michael was already rich, Trevor had his illegal enterprises making money already and he still did not care about a life of luxury and extravagance. And even then, Franklin had his luxury property given to him, he never had the freedom to spend it on a luxury property of his choice, and there should have been more to Franklin's story too. I think that pursuit of the dollar thing was a failure if you ask me. Rockstar should have done better with implementing the main theme properly into the storyline. 

I see what you are saying but they showed this concept from three different perspectives.

Michael was supposed to be living the so called American dream but he was miserable and his family was a complete trainwreck. It is clear that what he did to get there was eating at him. The world he lived in is what many aspire to but so many people in it seem miserable.

Trevor was actually quite wealthy and had the most money out of anybody when I started with him but had no desire whatsoever to be a part of upper class society. He completely rejected what mainstream society defines as success. He is perfectly happy living on the margins

Franklin was desperate to escape the ghetto by any means necessary and that is why he was so ambitious

It also touched upon issues of class such as the people around Franklin trying to pull him back down and how Michael looks down on Trevor's community. Money very much was a part of the theme even if it might not be what you envisioned.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

@Ifight

-100% true story-

You call me a no lifer yet you are the one stalking me... guess I'm gonna have to block your ass so I don't see your sh*tty posts anymore

u mad?

PS: How am I stalking you? This is a discussion board, I can post wherever I want.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

I remember people complained endlessly that IV had no countryside and now we have a countryside and people complain there is too much of it. People have their opinions but some will simply never be satisfied. Now we have both city and country and both options are better to me.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by Raavi, 12 October 2013 - 11:13 PM.

The fact is... V is better than IV and this is not my opinion talking... it's better, it improved on everything, some guys may prefer IV over V but doesn't change the fact that V is better[/quote

--

A fact is something that is empirically true and can be supported by impartial evidence. An opinion on the other hand is a belief/a personal understanding of something; it is inherently subjective, meaning that it's completely based on a person's individual perspective or emotions and varies from person to person. Nothing is inherently good or bad, it all comes down to personal preference, opinion.

Near137
  • Near137

Near

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

A lot of people say that GTA V is superior to GTA IV because the game missed a lot of important things that GTA V currently has. I am a guy that is very interested by the storyline in games than the gamplay etc and in my opinion, GTA IV has the best storyline and main protagonist in the whole series.

My current top 3:

1. Grand Theft Auto IV - story and protagonist 

2. Grand Theft Auto V - gameplay and multiplayer

3. GTA San Andreas - My "introduction" to R* and GTA Series, love it.

I hope the next major GTA game that will, most likely will be for PS4/XBOX One (and PC probably) will be as fun as other GTAs but also have a better storyline and atmosphere that makes you join the story.

My 2 cents.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by Official General, 13 October 2013 - 12:14 AM.

I see what you are saying but they showed this concept from three different perspectives.

Michael was supposed to be living the so called American dream but he was miserable and his family was a complete trainwreck. It is clear that what he did to get there was eating at him. The world he lived in is what many aspire to but so many people in it seem miserable.

Trevor was actually quite wealthy and had the most money out of anybody when I started with him but had no desire whatsoever to be a part of upper class society. He completely rejected what mainstream society defines as success. He is perfectly happy living on the margins

Franklin was desperate to escape the ghetto by any means necessary and that is why he was so ambitious

It also touched upon issues of class such as the people around Franklin trying to pull him back down and how Michael looks down on Trevor's community. Money very much was a part of the theme even if it might not be what you envisioned.

I see what you mean, but I still think Rockstar messed it up a bit. That corrupt cop/federal agent part of the main storyline dragged on for a bit too much, it got to the point where I just wanted it to hurry up and get it over with - it made me think, "hold on I thought this was supposed to be about heists for money ?". I just could not give a flyin' f**k about those corrupt cops and agents anymore. It took up a bit too much of the main storyline, and that kinda ruined the theme for me. I still reckon Rockstar could have done much better.

And for the record, I never once complained that GTA IV never had any countryside, It would be stupid for IV to have countryside when the game was centered mostly on New York and nearby New Jersey, countryside would have been so pointless. All those complaining that IV had no countryside were being irrational and unrealistic in my view. I was perfectly happy with IV having no countryside, I just wished that Liberty City and Alderney had bigger suburban sections. 

@ RockstarFanboy

Well I do agree that GTA V is better than GTA IV, but only slightly better and that is not necessarily a great thing bro. GTA V should have been miles better than GTA IV, Rockstar could and should have done a much better job, which in my view, they did not. IV actually did some things better than V, and had stuff that V did not have, so I can perfectly understand why many people still prefer IV over V. Even I like certain things about IV better than V, even though I think V is slightly the better game. 

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 13 October 2013 - 12:37 AM.

I see what you mean, but I still think Rockstar messed it up a bit. That corrupt cop/federal agent part of the main storyline dragged on for a bit too much, it got to the point where I just wanted it to hurry up and get it over with - it made me think, "hold on I thought this was supposed to be about heists for money ?". I just could not give a flyin' f**k about those corrupt cops and agents anymore. It took up a bit too much of the main storyline, and that kinda ruined the theme for me. I still reckon Rockstar could have done much better.

And for the record, I never once complained that GTA IV never had any countryside, It would be stupid for IV to have countryside when the game was centered mostly on New York and nearby New Jersey, countryside would have been so pointless. All those complaining that IV had no countryside were being irrational and unrealistic in my view. I was perfectly happy with IV having no countryside, I just wished that Liberty City and Alderney had bigger suburban sections. 

@ RockstarFanboy

Well I do agree that GTA V is better than GTA IV, but only slightly better and that is not necessarily a great thing bro. GTA V should have been miles better than GTA IV, Rockstar could and should have done a much better job, which in my view, they did not. IV actually did some things better than V, and had stuff that V did not have, so I can perfectly understand why many people still prefer IV over V. Even I like certain things about IV better than V, even though I think V is slightly the better game. 

Agree that V is not "miles better" than IV but considering IV was actually worse than SA, I didn't really have high hopes for V (unlike a lot of people around here)... but it ended up being better than I expected and probably one of my favs gta... although I know R* can do even better and I know they will do something much more impressive with VI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users