Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

gta simply is the best sandbox game

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

I just liked the story of Niko more but other than that (gameplay, activities..) gta v was much better

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

GTA IV is too dramatic.

aleex96
  • aleex96

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Then I guess I'm crazy. 

this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

I think that V runs circles around IV, which is definitely my least favorite GTA game to date.

Yes, both games have their strengths and weaknesses, but as far as gameplay is concerned (why this isn't the most important aspect for all gamers I'll never know), V does just about everything better...although it lacks vigilante missions which hurts it.

Crewnordin
  • Crewnordin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

GTA 4 is the worst GTA ever no excuses. Its boring,, I did not even finish the story as fast as I finished GTA 5. I finished GTA 4  a year ago. Just compare the first mission to each other,, one is driving a fat cousin in a boat-like car or the other is a heist,, which is important for the rest of the story. GTA 4 felt dead,, Star Junction had maybe 2 peds while in reallife there is 10000. The only car there was on the street was a Taxi. The radiostations are horrible. The driving is horrific. The story is boring, there was one mission that was good. Three leaf clover,, and the funny thing is,, They made GTA 5 because everyone loved that mission. GTA 4 deserves a 6/10, while GTA 5 deserves a 9.5/10. Not to mention GTA 4 online, everyone was at the airport because you could not do sh*t,, you could not buy anything. Damn Nostalgia is a bitch

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

I am now beginning to wish that Rockstar did not include so much of that countryside and wilderness in GTA V. I liked it, but in the end it had little use for it, even the underwater parts too. I think if they toned that down, they would have had more resources and facilities to make a much more detailed Los Santos with more accessible interiors, more stuff happening in the streets and more better gameplay features (yoga cough, cough). I don't think V needed all that open space, there just is not enough to do for it's huge size. 69 main storyline missions was way too short for a game of V's size. And there should have been much more hood and gang action in the game on Franklin's side, even as a nice set of side missions that can be constantly replayed. The truth is with V, Rockstar could have and should have done better with it.

I would say that V is only slightly better than GTA IV and that to me is a bit of failure in Rockstar's part. It should have been much better.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by Raavi, 12 October 2013 - 01:55 PM.

I've played GTA V for about 80 hours across two saves and something about LS makes it feel a bit artificial. It's like a pretty movie set IMO.

It's not just a lack of interiors, but a lack of interactivity in general. There are food vendors in GTA V that you can't buy food from. I know in GTA IV it only served as way of getting health, but it held a certain sense of belief and immersion knowing you could buy food and seeing other peds do it also. Yet GTA V makes no attempt at all.

Then there are the QUBED arcade machines that are just there for show like the pool table I mentioned. I mean why? To me it's stupid having things from a previous game that are completely useless. 

Even in saying that I just think the city doesn't feel quite as "alive". Peds just stand talking and/or walking around. When it rains they don't grab umbrellas or try to find cover. Cops don't arrest peds and put them into the back of cop cars anymore it looks like. Hell I haven't seen a single drug dealer yet either. They were everywhere in GTA IV.

Once again I love GTA V, but I'd consider myself (and others would most likely agree) quite a hardcore GTA IV fan. I've played it front and back, side to side on and off for 5 years and GTA V being bigger with more features doesn't mean it fixed every single problem people had with GTA IV.

Infact it looks like its has addressed some issues, but at the same time has neglected things that I and many others enjoyed about GTA IV.

I agree 99% with the above, not 100% because I personally do not love GTA V. Anyway, in GTA IV it felt as though you were part of a living world, whilst in V it's more like you've been dropped into indeed what feels like a movie set. It feels fake, sure there are people walking around, sitting on benches and driving around, but there actions feel so scripted, again it's almost like they're just extras on that same movie set. Where as in IV you weren't the centre of attention, the world didn't revolve around you, literally anything could happen, and the reactions of pedestrians were heavily influenced by what was going on at that very moment, not necessarily by what you did. Which again helped add to that feeling of realism and immersion. 

GTA V is a classic example of "if it aint broken don't fix it". For one the driving, whilst it could use a little of tweaking GTA IV driving was absolutely top notch, now it feels like I'm driving a soapbox on nitrous with zero suspension. Then we have the police system, again something that was poorly executed in GTA V, which blows my mind as there was nothing wrong with GTA IV's police system, if they just had taken that system and added the cone of vision thingy it would've been absolutely great. Same goes for the police AI, in IV they at least had the option to arrest pedestrians, now they've turned into virtual deathbots with pinpoint accuracy. Again, why? Almost forgot, the interiors! I hear some people saying there weren't many in GTA IV, well look and be amazed. Those pesky interiors really help add to that feeling of a'living and breathing' city, especially considering IV was filled with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fvtyXyzlwc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCy6HnBZ2-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx5hfxtscjU

In GTA V, whilst there are some very well done highly detailed interiors - they're mission exclusive with no way of accessing them after the fact. A poor design choice if you ask me.

All in all GTA V is wasted potential, it looks like the devs had some very good ideas but discarded them down the road for the better of GTA Online.

• GTAspotter and Ermac. like this

TheLastKingofEngland
  • TheLastKingofEngland

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Its tradition to like the game before the current GTA.  GTA IV was HATED to death just like V on these forums and there were mass complaints at how SA was a much better game and im sure SA suffered this with VC as well.

In short nostalgia is more powerful then any improvement. GTA V added 3 protags, weapon customization, a huge map with a lot of variety, great car modding,  improved shooting, better movement, a massive range of vehicles, great underwater world, tons more activities, improved writing, better guns, better police ai and system and so much more oh and i'm not even going to mention GTA Online and how it slaughters IV's online.

IV was a great game and i will be returning to it some time soon but V is definitely a better game when you look at everything. I think Liberty City was the better city because we got to meet more people as Niko didn't work for himself or forced to work for the government.  Also the game's shorter at the request of fans, so we can only look to ourselves for blame there.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Its tradition to like the game before the current GTA.  GTA IV was HATED to death just like V on these forums and there were mass complaints at how SA was a much better game and im sure SA suffered this with VC as well.

In short nostalgia is more powerful then any improvement. GTA V added 3 protags, weapon customization, a huge map with a lot of variety, great car modding,  improved shooting, better movement, a massive range of vehicles, great underwater world, tons more activities, improved writing, better guns, better police ai and system and so much more oh and i'm not even going to mention GTA Online and how it slaughters IV's online.

IV was a great game and i will be returning to it some time soon but V is definitely a better game when you look at everything. I think Liberty City was the better city because we got to meet more people as Niko didn't work for himself or forced to work for the government.  Also the game's shorter at the request of fans, so we can only look to ourselves for blame there.

When it comes to the Assassin's Creed series, people like Assassin's Creed 2 more than the first one.

That nostalgic argument is still lame.

TheLastKingofEngland
  • TheLastKingofEngland

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

When it comes to the Assassin's Creed series, people like Assassin's Creed 2 more than the first one.

AC1 wasnt very good.... AC2 was. People like AC2 more then AC3.

And the only thing going for IV right now is its great city, the story wasn't exactly all that good but GTA isn't really known for that.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Just like people prefer Vice City to San Andreas. It's not a big deal, it's just personal preference and opinion.

• bish0p2004 likes this

Sergio2007
  • Sergio2007

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

I prefer GTA V.

But the story in GTA IV is way better in my opinion. It felt more... addicting. GTA Vs story feels completely rushed and... don't know. Unfinished.

GTA IV felt finished and polished at its time in my opinion. GTA V doesn't. But I prefer the newest GTA, though.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 12 October 2013 - 02:29 PM.

And the only thing going for IV right now is its great city, the story wasn't exactly all that good but GTA isn't really known for that.

By no means do I base the quality of games solely on reviews, but since when did an 81 out of 100 mean a game isn't good?  That's what it got on metacritic.

Furthermore, it was good enough to warrant a sequel.

Now, when it comes to the GTA series, all the games have extremely high scores, and as such, it becomes a little more difficult to judge which game is better (or more enjoyable).  It's kind of like a beautiful woman....they all have something in common that makes the general population see them as beautiful, but each one could have something that makes them look a little more beautiful than the other or vice versa based on who is judging them.

At that point, it becomes purely subjective and a matter of taste.  They're all beautiful, but you might find one woman more beautiful based on the fact that she is Asian and I may find another one more beautiful because she is Latina.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

It doesn't have anything to do with nostalgia. It all comes down to personal preference.

3 protagonists: I don't really see this as an improvement, it just detaches you from their individual stories, where as in IV and RDR you really felt connected to the protagonist.

Weapon customisation: It doesn't really add anything to the experience, silencers don't work half of the time, adding scope to some weapons does nothing. I'm fine with stock guns.

A huge map with lot of variety: That's the thing though, whilst it maybe huge it isn't really varied. This has been talked about in detail plenty throughout this and other threads.

Great car modding: Car modding is very basic, a missed opportunity.

improved shooting: Whilst it maybe 'improved' it's not even close to most third person shooters.

Better movement: Can't argue with that one.

A massive range of vehicles: That all look like they've just rolled of the showroom floor and handle like a toy car with 0 suspension.

Great underwater world: That's not even one bit interesting to go and explore.

Tons more activities: Activities that get stale really quickly.

Improved writing: This is 100% subjective, but I disagree, the writing is cheesy and again feels forced. The story was nothing short of bad, in my personal opinion.

Better guns: A bigger variety yes, but if they're necessarily better? I'd say they're about the same.

Better police AI: This is not true, police now shoot everything that moves with pinpoint accuracy, even from a long distance.

• Woll Smoth likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 12 October 2013 - 02:34 PM.

ac1 sucked badly it was really repetitive and boring (and this coming from a big AC fan who played all of them)... AC2 was like GTA 3 to the series without the graphical improvement... it improved on almost everything and was much better, that's why people prefer AC2 instead of AC1 

whilst GTA SA for example had a great impact on people (unlike AC1) that's why there's so many people defending SA and saying it's the best and so on

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

ac1 sucked badly it was really repetitive and boring (and this coming from a big AC fan who played all of them)... AC2 was like GTA 3 to the series without the graphical improvement but besides that it improved on everything and was much better, that's why people prefer AC2 instead of AC1 and a lot of people prefer AC2 than AC3 ...

Read my response to his post on the matter.

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

I feel connected to all 3 protagonists. Much better than having just one.

It feels stupid to have Niko racing or going on rampages.

3 characters with different likes and tendencies.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

AC3 was like GTA V in a sense - unpolished. The idea was brilliant, the time period and local even more so. The execution on the other hand was lacklustre. I do have high hopes for Black Flag, looks brilliant and I love the area plus there is an actual incentive to go underwater unlike GTA V.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

I feel connected to all 3 protagonists. Much better than having just one.

It feels stupid to have Niko racing or going on rampages.

3 characters with different likes and tendencies.

This is something that I do love about V and one of the few things that's innovative and gives the game replay value.

Trevor is my favorite protagonist by far of any GTA game. His bipolar attitude is perfect for the GTA series.

TheLastKingofEngland
  • TheLastKingofEngland

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

By no means do I base the quality of games solely on reviews, but since when did an 81 out of 100 mean a game isn't good?  That's what it got on metacritic.

AC 1 was very repetitive though, even UBI argee that many parts of the game felt like the same thing over and over. It wasn't a bad game but it needed many improvements.

I think AC 1 was a better challenge though. Also GTA IV was definitely more of a achievement for rockstar since they started from scratch and it didn't have a chance to include everything GTA V has ( it was going to have New York's surrounding area at first and the city was going to be bigger, but had to sadly be cut.) 

People should be happy GTA V is a much different game to IV, it gives us reason to return to older games.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

AC3 was like GTA V in a sense - unpolished. The idea was brilliant, the time period and local even more so. The execution on the other hand was lacklustre. I do have high hopes for Black Flag, looks brilliant and I love the area plus there is an actual incentive to go underwater unlike GTA V.

The only thing I don't like about the underwater segments in AC 4 is that you are limited to set points where you can go under water.

liesch
  • liesch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

gta iv sucks horse dick worst game in the f*cking world.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

ac1 sucked badly it was really repetitive and boring (and this coming from a big AC fan who played all of them)... AC2 was like GTA 3 to the series without the graphical improvement but besides that it improved on everything and was much better, that's why people prefer AC2 instead of AC1 and a lot of people prefer AC2 than AC3 ...

Didn't make myself clear, my bad... what I mean is AC1 sucked whilst GTA SA for example had a great impact on people unlike AC1.... that's why people tend to be so attached to SA and VC and kinda hate on more recent games because of this and that since it didn't give them the "nostalgic feeling"...

now to this topic I don't understand what's all the hate when someone says he preferes SA don't know why people start a discussion over that :/ IMO GTA V improved a lot and added variety to the game and map whilst GTA IV was quiet boring in those aspects (not a bad game though)

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

AC 1 was very repetitive though, even UBI argee that many parts of the game felt like the same thing over and over. It wasn't a bad game but it needed many improvements.

I think AC 1 was a better challenge though. Also GTA IV was definitely more of a achievement for rockstar since they started from scratch and it didn't have a chance to include everything GTA V has ( it was going to have New York's surrounding area at first and the city was going to be bigger, but had to sadly be cut.) 

People should be happy GTA V is a much different game to IV, it gives us reason to return to older games.

I don't care what Ubisoft says about their own games..there are always going to be things that creators wish they could have done differently after the fact.

Anyways, I enjoyed AC 1 thoroughly (and so did others who gave it high scores including the users).  I enjoyed AC 2 even more.  I enjoyed Brotherhood more than AC 2 even though it was shorter.  I enjoyed AC 3 even more than I did AC 2 and 1, despite its glitches, for the setting and improvement in gameplay....but not more than Brotherhood.

I will never see GTA IV as an achievement.  It will always be a step back.  Rockstars greatest achievements in my opinion are GTA 3, SA, and RDR.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:48 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 12 October 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Didn't make myself clear, my bad... what I mean is AC1 sucked whilst GTA SA for example had a great impact on people unlike AC1.... that's why people tend to be so attached to SA and VC and kinda hate on more recent games because of this and that since it didn't give them the "nostalgic feeling"...

AC 1 sucked in your opinion.  Again, I loved it and so did other people.  I loved AC 2 as well...in fact, more than 1.  I loved Brotherhood more than AC 1 and 2.  Revelations was good, but not as good as the previous games.  I loved AC 3 as well, more than the previous games.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but your nostalgic argument doesn't always work.  I don't know how many different ways to tell you guys this.  It's like banging my head on a brick wall.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

AC 1 sucked in your opinion.  Again, I loved it and so did other people.  I loved AC 2 as well...in fact, more than 1.  I loved Brotherhood more than AC 1 and 2.  Revelations was good, but not as good as the previous games.  I loved AC 3 as well, more than the previous games.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but your nostalgic argument doesn't always work.  I don't know how many different ways to tell you guys this.  It's like banging my head on a brick wall.

exactly it doesn't always work... but with gta it simply does :/

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Of course it works in your opinion, you're as biased about V as you claim others to be about the older games.

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

AC1 is my favorite of the series.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Of course it works in your opinion, you're as biased about V as you claim others to be about the older games.

the same goes for you :) You think the the nostalgia argument is crap but it's just your opinion after all :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users