Photo

people say iv is better then v smh...

170 replies to this topic
bayman
  • bayman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

The freedom police out stopping people from having opinions about other people's opinions,  the irony is just awesome.  That freedom knife you all keep attacking with cuts both ways geniuses.

And to the guy claiming IV is the better game because he played the PC version with a mod, please say your ideas out loud to yourself first before you broadcast them and make yourself look really dumb.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by GTA564, 11 October 2013 - 06:50 PM.

well said bayman :^:

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by spamtackey, 11 October 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Why I think GTA IV and GTA V don't really have a winner:

When Rockstar made GTA IV they started over from scratch. A lot of people complain about GTA IV being dull and boring and not having enough stuff to do, but look at the only equivalent GTA game ever made: GTA III. GTA III had one of the worst stories in gaming history because there was no main character, the driving was atrocious and the lock-on feature was more likely to target grandmothers than the person you actually wanted to aim at. Despite that, it gets a lot of passes for being the first 3D GTA game and if it wasn't for the way it combined its features together, GTA III would have been a largely forgettable experience. GTA IV, likewise, does not have all of the features of San Andreas. A lot more time was spent on developing the world and the graphics because we are now dealing with an HD generation that requires a certain level of graphical quality. Sure we can say stuff like Minecraft proves the opposite, but stuff like Minecraft are in the minority.

GTA IV is a remarkable step forward for the franchise in that everything it decided to do was remarkably well done and put together. The driving was unique for open-world games, though a bit too slippery perhaps, the shooting was a step forward with a cover mechanic that matched other games of the time, there was a nice variety of weapons that they had redesigned that all felt really good to shoot, they had a variety of interiors that one could go into at any point in time, you could buy food from any vendor, there were a good handful of clothing options (more than Vice City), full bowling and pool games that were very well put together, and a small handful of things to do on the side and TONS of small detail. 

That said, GTA IV's story was written to be realistic almost at the expense of pacing. Niko immediately dropping his hunt for the mystery individual to help his cousin out with his cousin's problems, which only gets them dragged further down into the criminal underworld. This stuff could have been handled perhaps a little better, but this was Rockstar's first attempt at anything other than ripping off popular movies or outright parodying something. The story also goes on a bit too long, Niko always finding ways to do something for someone rather than really going anywhere or doing anything. The dating and friend mechanic was well implemented (IMO better than the properties in GTA V) but there was way too harsh a penalty for saying no without first saying yes. Taxi missions were also locked off for no reason permanently and some discrepancies between the map and the story truly boggle the mind at times (where is Roman's 2nd cab depot!?) 

Despite its issues in story and pacing, there is really few issues that I can find with the stuff they did add. Vigilante was a very good step away from the horrible way Rockstar had been doing vehicle side-missions. No longer were we confined to a car for 12 levels but instead we could get out and we had several baddies to hunt as well as random crimes to stop. Vendors worked wonderfully and there were plenty to find around the city. The interiors added a splash of life and I loved having firefights in them. The city itself looked beautiful and felt like a real place I could go visit... if I had a death wish. Bowling, Pool, and Darts were fun and well put together. The shows you could view were fun, although perhaps they should have stuck to radio skits in order to keep us playing the game. There was such polish to the little stuff they added that it felt like a new route for the entire Rockstar company, doubly so when the remarkable Red Dead Redemption was released. 

GTA V, on the other hand, is a much less polished feeling game. I'd downright say the base of the game feels unfinished, half-tested, and rushed. The way you get wanted too easily, the way the cops have razor sharp vision to the point where I have been one-hit-killed several times from full health (no armor). Getting rid of a 4 star wanted level is extremely difficult, yet in contrast 1-3 stars are basically too easy. Health regeneration is a joke and often times doesn't work or doesn't help in the slightest. Where they got health so right in Red Dead they made a bastardized child by mixing it with GTA IV's health system. Driving is subjective, so I won't comment on that but vehicle damage is completely gone from GTA V. No I don't mean the physical damage which is still in place and arguably better/worse. I mean the fact that cars no longer sputter out and die on you. Instead helicopters sputter and die on you. Cars just explode without warning or keep running like energizer bunnies. 

We lost vigilante and we got Bounty Hunting. Except instead of 30 most-wanted and random crimes we now get 5 guys to find and ... that's it. 

We gained taxi and tow trucking. 

We lost many interiors that they could have copy/pasted to save time. 

We lost street vendors in a game where they should have been plentiful to help us get above half-health.

We still have races and now they are in several varieties. I don't give them any credit for that though because that's the least they could do in five years of work... you know.. improve something.

We have properties which now serve the purpose of being the "Roman" of GTA V. So many stupid text messages over and over while I just want to explore. LEAVE ME ALONE! GTA 4 wasn't half as annoying to me. These properties also are half-baked. We can't go inside most of them and they give a ridiculously low return on our investment. Most side-missions for them are introduced via a text message. Vice City did it better and that was made in a year on the PS2. 

We can't grab ledges anymore but hey we can ragdoll at will. Funny at first but gets old.

We lose car theft sidequest, which they could have easily fit into GTA V. 

We have 10 missions for one property which consist of smuggling weapons out of the country... that's fine except we don't get anything for it unless we repeat it over and over.

GTA V is a lot of fun, but it feels conflicted. For everything it does right, there are a bunch of small wrongs that tickle at the back of my mind and pull me out of the experience. It by no means ever takes a full step back from what they accomplished with GTA IV but nothing it does truly surpasses it for me either. If I had to summarize my feelings on GTA V: When painting their new masterpiece, Rockstar spent too much time redoing things they had right the first time and focused far too much on the small details that it seems they missed the big picture.  

• B Dawg, Tycek, GTAspotter and 2 others like this

hihuve
  • hihuve

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Then I guess I'm crazy. 

This

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Gta iv has depth which gta v lacks imo

Could you expand on it please? I understand that some people like IV more than V, but putting across an argument such as this, which is not entirely decided by opinion. V has depth, a lot of story themes overlapping, friendship, family, corruption, betrayal, chase of the almighty dolla, psychosis, gangs, fame obsession, current youth parody, surely, GTAIV had those themes, but it didn't go too deep into many of them, in V everything is tied across three characters and their own back story, their friends and family, and their paths cross in truly interesting ways, BOGT, TLAD had this to some extent, and it was really interesting, but V expanded on that idea, and seemingly offers much more depth, I don't say that it is better, but it expands more on different themes than IV

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 11 October 2013 - 07:50 PM.

"u had to b crazy to dink iv is better than v" Blah blah, does this bullsh*t deserve a thread? You're on a public forum where fans discuss anything they want... that means people will have opinions... comprehendé?

If you don't like different opinions, then you can get your narrowminded ass out.

Edit: Honestly I am getting tired of this your opinion is wrong, mine is right sh*t. I'll probably get banned for saying this, but cut that f*cking sh*t out. :dontgetit:

People will have different opinions, deal with it. It's like most of you people live in your own little bubble where every opinion you have is right. Seriously, that sh*t doesn't work anymore.

somebody gets the theme of this site

not gonna lie to you tho.... ive had my moments

Cletus87
  • Cletus87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

GTA V destroys GTA IV. A lot of games destroy GTA IV. GTA IV was just horrible. Ok, maybe 'horrible' is a strong word.  I was able to play it and enjoy online a bit.  But GTA IV was one of the biggest disappointments in video games.  GTA IV is such a bland, boring, plain, nothing-to-do open world game. 

i agree 

bayman
  • bayman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Gta iv has depth which gta v lacks imo

Could you expand on it please? I understand that some people like IV more than V, but putting across an argument such as this, which is not entirely decided by opinion. V has depth, a lot of story themes overlapping, friendship, family, corruption, betrayal, chase of the almighty dolla, psychosis, gangs, fame obsession, current youth parody, surely, GTAIV had those themes, but it didn't go too deep into many of them, in V everything is tied across three characters and their own back story, their friends and family, and their paths cross in truly interesting ways, BOGT, TLAD had this to some extent, and it was really interesting, but V expanded on that idea, and seemingly offers much more depth, I don't say that it is better, but it expands more on different themes than IV

I as well am dying to know by what measure of depth someone would think that GTA IV has any.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

The freedom police out stopping people from having opinions about other people's opinions,  the irony is just awesome.  That freedom knife you all keep attacking with cuts both ways geniuses.

And to the guy claiming IV is the better game because he played the PC version with a mod, please say your ideas out loud to yourself first before you broadcast them and make yourself look really dumb.

How is that irony? We're pointing out the close minded morons who think their opinions are right. That isn't really a smart way to act is it? Don't try and be a smartass ruling stuff as ironic when you don't even know whatever the f*ck it is that you're talking about.

It's not ironic telling off people who think someone elses opinion is utter sh*t. I can see why people like V better than IV and I can see why people like IV better than V. When somebody has an opinion I dom't like, I'm not going to say that they are wrong. Nobody is right, shouldn't that be obvious? Everybody has a certain view.

On topic now: GTA V is a wonderful game, details were crafted so well, but it left me wanting more... in a bad way. So many opportunities were missed, certain features were cut for that Online bullsh*t, and other features have so many rough edges and were just seemingly slapped together or reused without any f*cks givin. IV is one my most played games. I love it to death. While I think V is slightly better than IV, there are so many things that felt rushed.

When I first played V, I honestly could not believe all of the hate. Driving felt good, map had so much to be seen, and the missions were awesome -- and honestly my views on the missions haven't changed, they were great. I played through the game and went to explore in between missions. That was when the game had begun to ware out for me:

Unless I wanted a police chase, they were annoying as f*ck. Accidentally shooting from a car? Automatic wanted level. If I try to move from a cop they shoot. Their accuracy is so accurate that it is utterly stupid and so f*cking unrealistic and annoying. The way the cops ram your car seems like Rockstar just slapped this occurance together in 2011 and never polished it. A truck -- yes a f*cking 6000+ armored Vapid Truck high up from the ground and armored to the teeth -- can be rammed by a piece of sh*t Ford Taurud SHO and it will spin or lose control. That bring me onto a physics/weight flaw that I will discuss later on in this post. The LSPD had potential but Rockstar ruined it. Why, why, why was it so hard for them to create a fiercer cop system without it becoming annoying. And damn we complained about how the cops came too fast to a crime in IV? Rockstar made it even more unrealistic. You get a level for shooting a f*cker in the desert with a surpressed weapon.
Why couldn't we have a system like IV? All they needed to do was make it harder for them to locate you behind objects, add smarter drivers, and more suspense. Yeah, some of these were offered, but the system is so flawed that it doesn't even f*cking matter.

The city left a lot to be desired. Interiors were lacking -- seriously what the F*CK -- the streets in certain areas were poorly detailed, the atmosphere was subpar, the amount of roads for regular cars in V was absolutely ridiculous and disappointing for me -- a car enthusiast -- and the counttyside doesn't rven feel distant nor scary. The ocean was a joke and a waste of space for what could have been improvements, and the AI... Boy are they F*CKING annoying and the biggest assholes ever. Worse than IV, maybe the consoles faults?

The AI was just off. Drivers like to cut you off, run into you on curvy roads ram you when you shoot, and they still stop for no reason or drive really slow in rural areas. The AI peds are rude and annoying. You can't stand near one of them, you can't explore any f*cking residential lot without them wanting to call the cops, and their conversations are uncreated and stupid as if Rockstar just got lazy.

Now lastly, the physics. They aren't that bad as far as driving -- albeit driving feels bland and unchallenging now -- but when it comes to the way humans move and the overall shifting of weight, that is when the physics begin to fall. First of all, cars seem to no longer have suspensions and that is overall unfortunate. Off roading in an Land Rover is like off roading in a RWD 100hp station wagon. And by the way, it IS better to off road in an Infernus compared to the Baller, what a shame. Also, you can't ram through a roadblock with an overpowered SUV but the cops can rame you like crazy. The cops also do something called rubberbanding as well as the AIs chasing you. Silly.

So, I love V but... it leaves a lot to be desired. Features are just lacking in some areas and that signature GTA feeling is just gone. :(
  • B Dawg likes this

bayman
  • bayman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's not ironic telling off people who think someone elses opinion is utter sh*t. I can see why people like V better than IV and I can see why people like IV better than V. When somebody has an opinion I dom't like, I'm not going to say that they are wrong. Nobody is right, shouldn't that be obvious? Everybody has a certain view.

People are allowed to be dumb and voice the opinion that GTA IV is better than V in the exact same way as other people are allowed to voice the opinion that those people are dumb in a "free country".  Therefore those whose would tell either side to stop voicing an opinion while citing "free speech" as the reason are not really promoting "free speech".  My first point should have been pretty clear to anyone with a decent level of comprehension but now I've dumbed it down as much as I can for you.

And now I'm going to fix your last sentence for you- So, I love IV but... it leaves a lot to be desired. Features are just lacking in some areas and that signature GTA feeling is just gone.

You managed to sum up perfectly what people who longed for San Andreas felt after playing IV.  The fact that R* at least attempted to make V a game that actually felt like a GTA game again is something that should be commended whether they fully got back to the last gen feeling or not.  You are harping on features to big up GTA IV which had arguably the least amount of overall features in any 3D GTA game.

I would also love to know how R* ignored the SP to focus on the MP in V but somehow that wasn't the exact same case with IV, please enlighten me.

M0nsterSkillz
  • M0nsterSkillz

Gaming since 92

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

I agree with you OP, IV is really bad both graphics-wise & among other things such as driving, the laggy gameplay, general feel of the game is boring & dull. If im being honest i thought san andreas was much better than IV. Obviously i agree that V is the best out of them all, but this is just my opinion.

:) 

The Futurist
  • The Futurist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Honestly, I'm kind of in the middle. I feel like the suspension on vehicles in Gta IV was too loose, but the apparent absence of it in Gta V is confusing to say the least. I feel like the city in Gta V is much more lively, yet at the same time doesn't feel as real as Gta IV. Gta IV seemed to pay attention to the small details more, where as Gta V pays attention to some of the larger details.

I honestly expected it to feel like an improved Gta IV, but it seems like they completely redid some things that really only needed to be tweaked. The driving is completely redone, the physics seem to have gotten a substantial overhaul, and the controls just feel completely different. To me, it's not that they're worse or better, but rather they are just oddly different. 

In the end, it seems to me like they just wanted there to be a reason to go back to Gta IV. It seems like they didn't really want to make Gta IV feel inferior, yet they also wanted Gta V to feel like an improvement. It's very bewildering and strangely enough I feel like I could have just as much fun playing either one... I guess what I'm trying to say is that Gta V doesn't feel like an improvement to Gta IV, but rather a very different experience almost completely.

• B Dawg likes this

hellyeah3:16
  • hellyeah3:16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

The things I would say IV is better than V in are the activities, the antagonist of the story, and the police system. It takes way too long to get away from the police in this game and you get a star over the dumbest things. Flip off an officer, you get 1 star wanted level.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

People are allowed to be dumb and voice the opinion that GTA IV is better than V in the exact same way as other people are allowed to voice the opinion that those people are dumb in a "free country".  Therefore those whose would tell either side to stop voicing an opinion while citing "free speech" as the reason are not really promoting "free speech".  My first point should have been pretty clear to anyone with a decent level of comprehension but now I've dumbed it down as much as I can for you.

And now I'm going to fix your last sentence for you- So, I love IV but... it leaves a lot to be desired. Features are just lacking in some areas and that signature GTA feeling is just gone.

You managed to sum up perfectly what people who longed for San Andreas felt after playing IV.  The fact that R* at least attempted to make V a game that actually felt like a GTA game again is something that should be commended whether they fully got back to the last gen feeling or not.  You are harping on features to big up GTA IV which had arguably the least amount of overall features in any 3D GTA game.

I would also love to know how R* ignored the SP to focus on the MP in V but somehow that wasn't the exact same case with IV, please enlighten me.

God are you just a bucket load of ignorance, arrogance, and what I consider f*cking annoying. :colgate:

• Raavi likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

Gta564:

It happens everytime a new GTA is released so why would it be different this time? Hardcore GTA IV fans like me aren't just going to jump onto the bandwagon just because the newest GTA has more features.

Like I said though GTA V is a great game, but I have played GTA IV since I got GTA V and there are things about GTA IV I simply like more and for whatever reason GTA V on areas doesn't feel quite as polished.

It's the exact feeling I had when SA was new coming off GTA III and VC. I just think these GTAs that try to be as ambitious possible and jack of all trades create a feeling of not quite being as focused.

GTA IV has its own issues, but GTA V has created its own by leaving things out if GTA IV for no reason whatsoever.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

Wow, there are a lot of well written responses in this thread.

With that said, V > IV. 

/thread

heh

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:28 AM Edited by Khaos89, 12 October 2013 - 04:29 AM.

IV is the worst GTA to date. Grim city, boring story, removed features, boring tramp protag, and fat bastard Roman. Even playing as Johnny/Luis brought more enjoyment.

I honestly can't see how anyone could think IV was better than V, at all.

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

*shrug* I think they're evenly matched. IV has a host of story problems and a few gameplay problems but is the overall more solid game in my mind.

GTA V fixed some of the problems of IV but made its own problems in the meantime.

What was the story problems in IV? The story in IV was great.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

*shrug* I think they're evenly matched. IV has a host of story problems and a few gameplay problems but is the overall more solid game in my mind.

GTA V fixed some of the problems of IV but made its own problems in the meantime.

Niko shows up to look for the guy but never actually really looks for him. He gets roped into situation after situation instead and the search only really happens when the government says "btw we'll find him for you". The overall length dragged on as it neared the end, as if they were struggling to figure out things to do. Then there's the whole choice thing. As nice as it was to have choice they sacrificed making a solid and powerful story in the exchange. If we don't like the ending we got we just wish it away and pick the other one. This especially hurts the story because you're basically choosing between a character you meet at the start ... and one who you only see if you take the time to date them. If you're like me and don't really do the dating thing all that much, Kate feels shoehorned into the ending in order to give us that choice. Overall, I love the story but I can see why some people I know were complaining about it. 

BrimStone7
  • BrimStone7

2Pacstolemybike

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

Aren't people entitled to their own opinions?

• The_Big_Lebowski likes this

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

This is true in that GTA IV has Mohammed the cab driver. I miss Mohammed the cab driver. I want Trevor to talk to Mohammed the cab driver. 

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Personally I liked IV better storywise. gameplay wise V wins. (IV had very stiff controls). 

v17
  • v17

Contractor

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

IV felt like it was a better quality product somehow. Everything felt more polished.

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

4 was good.

5 was amazing.

v17
  • v17

Contractor

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

Niko shows up to look for the guy but never actually really looks for him. He gets roped into situation after situation instead and the search only really happens when the government says "btw we'll find him for you". The overall length dragged on as it neared the end, as if they were struggling to figure out things to do. Then there's the whole choice thing. As nice as it was to have choice they sacrificed making a solid and powerful story in the exchange. If we don't like the ending we got we just wish it away and pick the other one. This especially hurts the story because you're basically choosing between a character you meet at the start ... and one who you only see if you take the time to date them. If you're like me and don't really do the dating thing all that much, Kate feels shoehorned into the ending in order to give us that choice. Overall, I love the story but I can see why some people I know were complaining about it.

The story choices in V were ALLOT worse. You pretty much knew what would happen once you played the mission. Except for 3. suicde

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

There is just 1 thing that makes V blow away IV in my opinion.  The map.  Why the map is so freaking enormous, brilliant, varied, with plenty of different regions are land types and yet so different than IV's map is jaw dropping to me.  In my opinion, IV's map feels like it should be on PS2 compared to V.  Why it's so different is beyond me.

Sure V's map is big, but it is just an empty shell compared to GTA IV. There were so many more layers to GTA IV's map, it was more detailed much, much denser and it really felt like a real city. Whereas V feels forced, cartoon-y and not nearly as meticulously crafted as Liberty City. Moreover you could enter a lot of properties ranging from a multi-level warehouse to a hotel penthouse suite in GTA IV, in V the majority of enterable properties are exclusive to the story mode. 

I've played GTA V for about 80 hours across two saves and something about LS makes it feel a bit artificial. It's like a pretty movie set IMO.

It's not just a lack of interiors, but a lack of interactivity in general. There are food vendors in GTA V that you can't buy food from. I know in GTA IV it only served as way of getting health, but it held a certain sense of belief and immersion knowing you could buy food and seeing other peds do it also. Yet GTA V makes no attempt at all.

Then there are the QUBED arcade machines that are just there for show like the pool table I mentioned. I mean why? To me it's stupid having things from a previous game that are completely useless. 

Even in saying that I just think the city doesn't feel quite as "alive". Peds just stand talking and/or walking around. When it rains they don't grab umbrellas or try to find cover. Cops don't arrest peds and put them into the back of cop cars anymore it looks like. Hell I haven't seen a single drug dealer yet either. They were everywhere in GTA IV.

Once again I love GTA V, but I'd consider myself (and others would most likely agree) quite a hardcore GTA IV fan. I've played it front and back, side to side on and off for 5 years and GTA V being bigger with more features doesn't mean it fixed every single problem people had with GTA IV.

Infact it looks like its has addressed some issues, but at the same time has neglected things that I and many others enjoyed about GTA IV.

• Toshio_maxoS likes this

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:31 AM Edited by maxoS, 12 October 2013 - 10:33 AM.

Im crazy. Ok...

I've played GTA V for about 80 hours across two saves and something about LS makes it feel a bit artificial. It's like pretty a movie set IMO.

It's not just a lack of interiors, but a lack of interactivity in general. There are food vendors in GTA V that you can't buy food from. I know in GTA IV it only served as way of getting health, but it held a certain sense of belief and immersion knowing you could buy food and seeing other peds do it also. Yet GTA V makes no attempt at all.

Then there are the QUBED arcade machines that are just there for show like the pool table I mentioned. I mean why? To me it's stupid having things from a previous game that are completely useless. 

Even in saying that I just think the city doesn't feel quite as "alive". Peds just stand talking and/or walking around. When it rains they don't grab umbrellas or try to find cover. Cops don't arrest peds and put them into the back of cop cars anymore it looks like. Hell I haven't seen a single drug dealer yet either. They were everywhere in GTA IV.

Once again I love GTA V, but I'd consider myself (and others would most likely agree) quite a hardcore GTA IV fan. I've played it front and back, side to side on and off for 5 years and GTA V being bigger with more features doesn't mean it fixed every single problem people had with GTA IV.

Infact it looks like its has addressed some issues, but at the same time has neglected things that I and many others enjoyed about GTA IV.

Awesome comment man Miamivicecity.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

A little disrespecting of opinions don't you think? People may have preferred GTA IV because of it's story, map, more interiors, driving e.g. Though I do think GTA V is the better game, they'll still be people who will prefer IV.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

A little disrespecting of opinions don't you think? People may have preferred GTA IV because of it's story, map, more interiors, driving e.g. Though I do think GTA V is the better game, they'll still be people who will prefer IV.

Yea, as I do!

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

There is just 1 thing that makes V blow away IV in my opinion.  The map.  Why the map is so freaking enormous, brilliant, varied, with plenty of different regions are land types and yet so different than IV's map is jaw dropping to me.  In my opinion, IV's map feels like it should be on PS2 compared to V.  Why it's so different is beyond me.

Sure V's map is big, but it is just an empty shell compared to GTA IV. There were so many more layers to GTA IV's map, it was more detailed much, much denser and it really felt like a real city. Whereas V feels forced, cartoon-y and not nearly as meticulously crafted as Liberty City. Moreover you could enter a lot of properties ranging from a multi-level warehouse to a hotel penthouse suite in GTA IV, in V the majority of enterable properties are exclusive to the story mode. 

I've played GTA V for about 80 hours across two saves and something about LS makes it feel a bit artificial. It's like a pretty movie set IMO.

The paragraphs I bolded from your response are some reasons why V seems 'fake' to me. I have also played GTA IV front to back and vice versa from the day it was released on the PC on the 2nd of December back in 2008 and like you I prefer IV.

Cheers.

P.S. what is it with the 'hate' of GTA IV?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users