people say iv is better then v smh...

170 replies to this topic
Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

I should probably leave the Internet for having an opinion, but while I will be playing GTA V more, Rockstar put more effort into GTA IV. What makes me say that? For one, they only care about online now, ignoring single player gamers such as myself. They also completely ruined what a city feeling is. If I walk the streets, pedestrians call the police on me for no reason, honk the horn for half a second? They call them for that, GTA IV's AI actually worked, they helped you out, they weren't afraid of you, and at least I could let Niko walk the streets without getting in trouble.

GTA V has so many aspects lazily done to the point where I feel like they just gave up on this game, there's next to no building interiors, nothing to interact with, and the wanted system is a joke. I automatically got a wanted level for bumping a pedestrian, is that really how a city works? When it comes to playing, you have to make up what you want to do, sure I can come up with days worth of things to do, but having to rely on players making their own gameplay isn't a wise choice, at least in GTA IV I could go places, get some food, walk the streets, go do more activities, a whole lot of stuff that GTA V lacks because Rockstar went lazy, the map is beyond amazing, but putting 5 years of development into a map doesn't automatically make a good game. The vehicle handling is horrible, I love GTA IV's driving, but apparently to others it was terrible, so now we have this horrible arcade handling that ruins the driving aspect.

I may be biased, as I played GTA IV on PC (I played it on this horrible console I have before I got it on PC), where I used a trainer and modded it heaps, the trainer added more depth to the game though, being able to sit down in the park and take in the city, it was nice, if I try to take a walk in GTA V the pedestrians either yell at me or call the police. I will be modding GTA V a lot, and using a trainer (a never wanted setting would make the game more realistic). It will make this game better.

Rockstar had so much potential with this game, but they were over-ambitious and blew it, they threw us some lazily half-done game that looks nice but has features so badly done you can't help but be disappointed. The train is on a static route and doesn't do anything else, the city has very little things to do, the AI is the worst I've seen, etc... So many great features from GTA IV were thrown out for no reason whatsoever. If you have a feature that is good enough to work in an open-world game, why not re-use it? They re-used a bunch of things from GTA IV, nothing wrong with that, but some re-used things were done even worse. They put all this time into an aspect that they just disregard in the next instalment. Things like bowling, phone customisation, vendors, working AI, GPS voice, leaving the engine on, QUB3D, food outlets, I could go on with things GTA IV has that V doesn't. Imagine combining all the small GTA IV aspects with GTA V, you would actually get a city that feels like a city.

It may be a long post, but while I do love GTA V, as it's really an amazing game, there's no way it can be regarded as automatically being better. Niko is probably laughing at the LS life. I can see why many prefer GTA IV over GTA V, GTA V just feels... lazy. Not saying I could do better, but for a company like Rockstar, who are professionals in this, and who said this game would be amazing, it's not what I would expect...

• TheOtherRyan, Tycek, Ermac and 6 others like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Good post Bert.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:50 AM Edited by lol232, 11 October 2013 - 12:02 PM.

GTA V destroys GTA IV. A lot of games destroy GTA IV. GTA IV was just horrible. Ok, maybe 'horrible' is a strong word.  I was able to play it and enjoy online a bit.  But GTA IV was one of the biggest disappointments in video games.  GTA IV is such a bland, boring, plain, nothing-to-do open world game. 

More like the other game around, GTA IV is not bland, nothing to do (Seriously? It has more things to do than GTA SA, maybe matches V) and saying the game is boring, makes me think you never actually played the game.

@Bert, at some points I agree but for me it's the other way around concerning the wanted level, the peds don't call police on me at all, unless I kill someone in front of an officer.

Maybe it's just the Consoles fault, it's a 7/8 year old hardware, maybe Al would be improved on the PC (or PS4) verson.

SledgeHammer87
  • SledgeHammer87

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

gta 4 had a way more focused and better story, better characters and better and more realistic car physics. singleplayer was way better than V's

only the mp part in V is better

gmgo
  • gmgo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by gmgo, 11 October 2013 - 12:02 PM.

Well, I'm on the side that disliked GTA IV. I think it has to do with wether you liked the Story mode of GTA IV or not. I found it very boring, to the point I ended up taking cabs every time I could just to finish the missions faster.

That didn't happen with TBOGT for instance.

Having that said, I think that while GTA V is miles more enjoyable than GTA IV, GTA IV added more to the formula. GTA V is basically GTA IV + San Andreas. It's great, because San Andreas is (was?) usually people's favorite GTA, and GTA IV had impressive graphics and detailed environment. But GTAV doesn't add much to the formula other than having multiple protagonists (which is a big plus, since chances are you will like at least one of the three, considering how different they are). Of course, I haven't played the online component, a key element I haven't taken into consideration yet.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by Official General, 11 October 2013 - 12:02 PM.

gta 4 had a way more focused and better story, better characters and better and more realistic car physics. singleplayer was way better than V's

only the mp part in V is better

I don't that is a fair assessment. Both GTA IV and V have an equal amount of strengths and weakness, they are more or less evenly matched. IV probably had a better storyline, but V's storyline was not that bad either, in fact it was quite good for most part. But you have to admit that V has a better variety of gameplay content in it's SP. IV in SP was mostly about tracking people down and killing them, too much hitman stuff, it got quite repetitive after a while. V is not like that, there was a nice variety of stuff to do in the SP missions. 

MMATripleT
  • MMATripleT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

I should probably leave the Internet for having an opinion, but while I will be playing GTA V more, Rockstar put more effort into GTA IV. What makes me say that? For one, they only care about online now, ignoring single player gamers such as myself. They also completely ruined what a city feeling is. If I walk the streets, pedestrians call the police on me for no reason, honk the horn for half a second? They call them for that, GTA IV's AI actually worked, they helped you out, they weren't afraid of you, and at least I could let Niko walk the streets without getting in trouble.

GTA V has so many aspects lazily done to the point where I feel like they just gave up on this game, there's next to no building interiors, nothing to interact with, and the wanted system is a joke. I automatically got a wanted level for bumping a pedestrian, is that really how a city works? When it comes to playing, you have to make up what you want to do, sure I can come up with days worth of things to do, but having to rely on players making their own gameplay isn't a wise choice, at least in GTA IV I could go places, get some food, walk the streets, go do more activities, a whole lot of stuff that GTA V lacks because Rockstar went lazy, the map is beyond amazing, but putting 5 years of development into a map doesn't automatically make a good game. The vehicle handling is horrible, I love GTA IV's driving, but apparently to others it was terrible, so now we have this horrible arcade handling that ruins the driving aspect.

I may be biased, as I played GTA IV on PC (I played it on this horrible console I have before I got it on PC), where I used a trainer and modded it heaps, the trainer added more depth to the game though, being able to sit down in the park and take in the city, it was nice, if I try to take a walk in GTA V the pedestrians either yell at me or call the police. I will be modding GTA V a lot, and using a trainer (a never wanted setting would make the game more realistic). It will make this game better.

Rockstar had so much potential with this game, but they were over-ambitious and blew it, they threw us some lazily half-done game that looks nice but has features so badly done you can't help but be disappointed. The train is on a static route and doesn't do anything else, the city has very little things to do, the AI is the worst I've seen, etc... So many great features from GTA IV were thrown out for no reason whatsoever. If you have a feature that is good enough to work in an open-world game, why not re-use it? They re-used a bunch of things from GTA IV, nothing wrong with that, but some re-used things were done even worse. They put all this time into an aspect that they just disregard in the next instalment. Things like bowling, phone customisation, vendors, working AI, GPS voice, leaving the engine on, QUB3D, food outlets, I could go on with things GTA IV has that V doesn't. Imagine combining all the small GTA IV aspects with GTA V, you would actually get a city that feels like a city.

It may be a long post, but while I do love GTA V, as it's really an amazing game, there's no way it can be regarded as automatically being better. Niko is probably laughing at the LS life. I can see why many prefer GTA IV over GTA V, GTA V just feels... lazy. Not saying I could do better, but for a company like Rockstar, who are professionals in this, and who said this game would be amazing, it's not what I would expect...

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about for one. GTA IV isn't even in the same ball field as GTA V. GTA V is beyond bad ass compared to GTA IV. In GTA IV the vehicle handling is messed up. The cars slide around and you can't even turn sharp corners without hitting another car or lamp post. Niko was always bitching all the time over every stupid little thing. The graphics are no where near as good as GTA V's graphics. And the city was small as hell and there were nothing but buildings everywhere. Here were no grasslands or woods or deserts. GTA IV wouldn't even allow you to fly planes. The game was just messed up and Rockstar learned from their mistakes and went all out with GTA V.

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Well i'm freaking crazy

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by carnage., 11 October 2013 - 02:08 PM.

IV isn't a bad game. It has a good story, it just lacks stuff to do after you complete the game. After you finish the story you're left with great car handling and deformation. That's about it. GTA: San Andreas still takes the cake for me story/character wise. IMO, V is the better game, it has a lot more to do and GTAO is way better than IV'S bland online.

Ermac
  • Ermac

this feels ironic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about for one. GTA IV isn't even in the same ball field as GTA V. GTA V is beyond bad ass compared to GTA IV. In GTA IV the vehicle handling is messed up. The cars slide around and you can't even turn sharp corners without hitting another car or lamp post. Niko was always bitching all the time over every stupid little thing. The graphics are no where near as good as GTA V's graphics. And the city was small as hell and there were nothing but buildings everywhere. Here were no grasslands or woods or deserts. GTA IV wouldn't even allow you to fly planes. The game was just messed up and Rockstar learned from their mistakes and went all out with GTA V.

Translation: Your opinion is wrong and mine is right.

• Scaglietti likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by Raavi, 11 October 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Embarking on a journey from the gritty, though character-rich concrete jungle that is Liberty City. I found myself in the mids of in of sunsoaked Los Santos, eager to be amazed by what was to come, eager to experience what this city and its northern neighbours had in store for me. 

This feeling stuck with me for about 2/3 of the story, after which I came to terms with the fact that finding 'that magic' in GTA V was a journey in and of it self. So I strayed away from Michael's mid-life crisis and decided to run for the hills, quite literally so. Soon after, I struck gold; met some genuine well-put-together characters, stumbled on some tense random events and took some pictures worthy of National Geographic publication. Unfortunately those moments, though drenched in potential, were short-lived, repetitive and in the grand scheme of things minute.  Which is something that became very apparent once I returned to finish the story, it was back to killing characters with little to no backstory / incentive to kill them, back to 'pursuit of the almighty dollar', just to finish, discovering that it all was to little avail.

Now the trio finally has amassed the wealth they were pursuing, I find that spending-opportunities are limited in both variety and execution. Hooray I can purchase that 10 million dollar car that due to the arcade-y driving feels like a soapbox on nitrous. Yay I'm finally able to purchase empty shells of exterior-less buildings, just to constantly get harassed by some Manager that gives a whole new meaning to Roman's love for calling to go bowling with his cousin, a costly non-comical meaning, If I might add. Now the only thing left for me to do is cruise the empty shell San Andreas really is. From prologue to a salty farewell - The end certainly did not justify the means. 

• Ermac likes this

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

After playing both games only on consoles...I must say V beats the crap outta IV in almost every way.

However, I really liked IV nonetheless. Its combat system was pretty awkward (especially while being in cover) and I hated not being able to switch shoulders (V doesn't have this either but it's much more solid in gunfights). Driving mechanics were, well, different, and while personally I was pretty good at driving I prefer V's driving. IV had much better car damage though, it made you be careful.
LIberty City feels much more alive than Los Santos, I'll give IV that.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Fact: We live in free countries, where people are allowed to think, believe, and feel what they want, so long as it does not impose on someone elses freedom. 

Fact: What other people think, believe, and feel has(should have) no impact on you.

Why is it that people around here think it's their place to tell other people their wrong about how they feel?  Go be a leader of a dictatorship if you want the power to influence people's actions and beliefs without good cause.  f*cking douchebags.

• Mechanic X likes this

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

In GTA V you have planes, diverse shopping options, switching between characters,upgrading weapons and much more

and still people compare it to GTA IV and they said GTA IV is better

well it's something that i never thought would happen

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 11 October 2013 - 03:49 PM.

actually i used to think gta v was alot better than iv.... but if you really think about (thought about it after reading fluttershys post) it can be debatable as that post had alot of good reasons why gta 4 is better....

i will say this tho... 4 had a deeper story but 5 had the better missions.. like i wouldnt have a problem replaying the missions on there but than again the game is real short.. but while 5 added alot of things missing from 4... its really not that much better (if better at all) than 4...  and thats sad.... i guess my hype for 5 ended because it just isnt there anymore.... now i see the truth and as days go by ... more people will start realizing ...

The Governor
  • The Governor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

There is just 1 thing that makes V blow away IV in my opinion.  The map.  Why the map is so freaking enormous, brilliant, varied, with plenty of different regions are land types and yet so different than IV's map is jaw dropping to me.  In my opinion, IV's map feels like it should be on PS2 compared to V.  Why it's so different is beyond me.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

There is just 1 thing that makes V blow away IV in my opinion.  The map.  Why the map is so freaking enormous, brilliant, varied, with plenty of different regions are land types and yet so different than IV's map is jaw dropping to me.  In my opinion, IV's map feels like it should be on PS2 compared to V.  Why it's so different is beyond me.

Sure V's map is big, but it is just an empty shell compared to GTA IV. There were so many more layers to GTA IV's map, it was more detailed much, much denser and it really felt like a real city. Whereas V feels forced, cartoon-y and not nearly as meticulously crafted as Liberty City. Moreover you could enter a lot of properties ranging from a multi-level warehouse to a hotel penthouse suite in GTA IV, in V the majority of enterable properties are exclusive to the story mode. 

• TheOtherRyan likes this

marizzocos
  • marizzocos

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:36 PM Edited by marizzocos, 11 October 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Sure V's map is big, but it is just an empty shell compared to GTA IV. There were so many more layers to GTA IV's map, it was more detailed much, much denser and it really felt like a real city. Whereas V feels forced, cartoon-y and not nearly as meticulously crafted as Liberty City. Moreover you could enter a lot of properties ranging from a multi-level warehouse to a hotel penthouse suite in GTA IV, in V the majority of enterable properties are exclusive to the story mode.
Cartonish? You must be talking about saints row because gta v actually felt like a city and much more vivid unlike gta ivs boring map.. Such a greyish monotoned city... the map felt like a whole big graveyard... At least now there are actual colors and decent lightning

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Cartonish? You must be talking about saints row because gta v actually felt like a city and much more vivid unlike gta ivs boring map.. Such a greyish monotoned city... the map felt like a whole big graveyard... At least now there are actual colors and decent lightning

Lets agree to disagree. 

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

that is right -marizzocos- GTA V looks better than GTA IV

but there are people who talk nonsense about GTA V

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

that is right -marizzocos- GTA V looks better than GTA IV

but there are people who talk nonsense about GTA V

That so called 'nonsense' is just a different opinion.

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

I am used to playing GTA with a realistic car handling mod on the pc, and gta v feels dumbed down because of this. I prefer how it was in IV.

----

I agree, man. The car physics in V are pretty lame. I was used to driving realistically in GTA IV. GTA V doesn't have the same controlling. For example, going around corners is a nightmare in V. Either way, if you slow down or speed up, the car will just smash to one side and lose all control.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Ignore them, they are bunch of losers, can't afford V

Lol if they can't afford V, then they must be africa poor. (no racist)

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by GTA564, 11 October 2013 - 05:54 PM.

-Raavi- Okay but sometimes i think it's no longer an opinion

people talk like that because they are nervous or something else

they need at least speak with some sense

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by walkingsickness, 11 October 2013 - 05:55 PM.

I think the endless self hype lead to this over inflated fantasy that V was going to be head shoulders better than IV.

That was in large part of the 5 year delay and the first trailer way back in 2011. To be honest from a story perspective

IV was better. 

Spoiler

But V is a great game. At this point though 2 things are very obvious..

#1. There almost needs to be a PC version of this because there are modders that were saying that they just wanted 

to add on to the game. Now those same modders are saying just to add on to make the game complete, which I agree.

#2. Not for nothing....this shouldve came out for the next gen consoles. 

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

you've got to be crazy to think gta iv is better then v

best topic of the day

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by SlappyPwnsAss, 11 October 2013 - 05:59 PM.

GTA IV is one of my favorite GTA's of all time... maybe even my favorite one but GTA V is MILES ahead.

Maybe because i hated how Niko was everybody's bitch... someone told him to do this, he does it and he would never get anything for it. At least in V we make our decisions.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

-Raavi- Okay but sometimes i think it's no longer an opinion

people talk like that because they are nervous or something else

they need at least speak with some sense

It has nothing to do with any of that. Personally I find GTA IV to better than GTA V, that doesn't mean I don't respect people who think otherwise. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

I loved IV but V improved on many things and IMO is the much better game.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by StingrayX, 11 October 2013 - 06:38 PM.

"u had to b crazy to dink iv is better than v" Blah blah, does this bullsh*t deserve a thread? You're on a public forum where fans discuss anything they want... that means people will have opinions... comprehendé?

If you don't like different opinions, then you can get your narrowminded ass out.

Edit: Honestly I am getting tired of this your opinion is wrong, mine is right sh*t. I'll probably get banned for saying this, but cut that f*cking sh*t out. :dontgetit:

People will have different opinions, deal with it. It's like most of you people live in your own little bubble where every opinion you have is right. Seriously, that sh*t doesn't work anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users