Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

Then I guess I'm crazy. 

• shadyslady, Tommy_Vercetti_Mob and Jimmy Darmody like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

*shrug* I think they're evenly matched. IV has a host of story problems and a few gameplay problems but is the overall more solid game in my mind.

GTA V fixed some of the problems of IV but made its own problems in the meantime.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

it's alot better

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

GTA V destroys GTA IV. A lot of games destroy GTA IV. GTA IV was just horrible. Ok, maybe 'horrible' is a strong word.  I was able to play it and enjoy online a bit.  But GTA IV was one of the biggest disappointments in video games.  GTA IV is such a bland, boring, plain, nothing-to-do open world game. 

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

Gta iv has depth which gta v lacks imo
  • PkUnzipper likes this

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

Only trolls will say that just to get a rise out of people. Mods are doing a great job of banning them though so it's all good.

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:28 AM Edited by Afusensi, 11 October 2013 - 06:30 AM.

Only trolls will say that just to get a rise out of people. Mods are doing a great job of banning them though so it's all good.

So if someone doesnt agree with your opinion, he/she's automaticly a troll?

I am used to playing GTA with a realistic car handling mod on the pc, and gta v feels dumbed down because of this. I prefer how it was in IV.

I also liked the IV story more.

But i like the map from V more than that from IV.

So for me i cant say this game is better than that game, but for me gta iv isnt absolute garbage compared to v like you think.

• infamousxx09 likes this

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

I don't get it either. GTA IV was a great game in its own right, but GTA V improved on nearly everything. Shooting, driving, running, and walking have all been improved. The graphics are better, lighting is vastly improved, missions are a lot more varied and more fun, bigger selection of vehicles, bmx is back, a submarine has been added, planes and diving underwater are back, map is way bigger and more varied. Random events have been added, interesting stranger missions, flight school, golf, tennis, triathlons, and 3 protagonists. Car AND weapon customization have been added. You can now also get different haircuts, tattoos, and clothes. How anyone could say this game is a step or disappointing is just beyond me. I seriously don't get it.  

• KiiWiiDeee, DeafMetal, iALLOUT4eva and 1 other like this

ladx
  • ladx

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

Ignore them, they are bunch of losers, can't afford V

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

Ah, crazy for having a different opinion. For what it is worth I think IV is terrible.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

You can't stop people from having preferences. Deal with it. So what if some people like IV more. I like V more and that's all that matters to me. Let them spend all day bowling or whatever.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

Length of the story is, IMO,

ladx
  • ladx

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

Then I guess I'm crazy.

U don't deserve Trevor avatar, replace it with COD Dog

Batallions
  • Batallions

God

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

smh at people that say smh....

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

Then I guess I'm crazy.

U don't deserve Trevor avatar, replace it with COD Dog

Call of duty is not an insult. Stop using it as one.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

Awkward. I guess I better ban myself for having the opinion that GTA IV is slightly better.

To me what GTA V does better is to be expected from a late current gen game, but there's really no excuse for what it removed or toned down from GTA IV. Why are friends so useless? Why are story choices basically non-existent? Why is there are pool table, but pool isn't an activity anymore? The complaints about the general physics feeling toned down speak for themselves too.

I'm not going to deny GTA V made improvements, but I knew it was going to take more than features and a big map to pull me away from GTA IV.

Niko will never be topped, LS doesn't gave a distinctive character like LC, I like GTA IV's side missions more and I generally feel it was more polished at release than GTA V. Atleast multiplayer worked the first day.

I'm not sure I'm crazy. Just someone with a different opinion. GTA V is a great game, but I still prefer and regard GTA IV as better. For me GTA V is a close second.
  • Tycek, GTAspotter, Cartman28279 and 1 other like this

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

I like V but to me it feels like R* cared more about IV. It feels almost like they was obligated when it came down to V.

• PkUnzipper likes this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

The only better things about IV are: the story, the city size (water really makes a difference), and the online free roam.  V wins in every other aspect.

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:50 AM Edited by FutoDriver, 11 October 2013 - 08:51 AM.

It's all opinions. Mine is GTA IV is way superior to V.

There's no point going into depth with it though. Every post that's disagreed with is labeled as 'troll' by people (I guess young) with no debate skills and can't be open to discussing opinions.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Overall V is a better game then IV, But in some aspects, IV is much better.

Maybe it was just the jump between SD and HD that makes me like IV better, But all in all, I had so much more fun with GTA IV.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Both games are better than each other for their own reasons. Each game has it's own mood.

San Andreas is better than both of them, and Vice city is right behind it.

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

GTA IV is worst of GTA imo. Without the great engine and graphics you're left with shallow story with boring protagonist, repetitive missions and boring grain look of the city.

Same goes with GTAIII, but it's an older game so I understand, Vice City had a vibe, a great story, and eveything, same with SA. Only thing that saves IV is story of TLOD and graphics of TBOGT

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

GTA IV is worst of GTA imo. Without the great engine and graphics you're left with shallow story with boring protagonist, repetitive missions and boring grain look of the city.

Same goes with GTAIII, but it's an older game so I understand, Vice City had a vibe, a great story, and eveything, same with SA. Only thing that saves IV is story of TLOD and graphics of TBOGT

I actually agree. 

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

Dent mind whet people think.
Beck then there wes no V.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

I like IV and still play it lol!

Galamatias
  • Galamatias

Hell_Libertine - President of Road Angels M.C.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Not crazy, just idiotic.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

And calling people idiots, because they got different opinion is totally sensible. 

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:54 AM Edited by Official General, 11 October 2013 - 10:59 AM.

*shrug* I think they're evenly matched. IV has a host of story problems and a few gameplay problems but is the overall more solid game in my mind.

GTA V fixed some of the problems of IV but made its own problems in the meantime.

I'd say this is fairly accurate, although I do think GTA V is only just slightly better than GTA IV. There is just a bit more fun to be had in V. But you are right, V still has some flaws of it's own that cannot really be overlooked. 

@ Burnfirely

I agree, the Episodes are the main thing that gives GTA IV some weight in this debate. The original game on it's own would definitely not stand a chance against GTA V in my view. As strange as it may seem, the only GTA games that truly pretty much hit the mark on more or less everything were Vice City and San Andreas.It should not be that way, as these games are like 11 and 8 years old respectively, but that's just how I and many others see it. 

nigidia
  • nigidia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

for all those who like reality in driving mechanics and damge system IV is much better. anyway V havnt nothing new just little better graphics, planes, and bigger map, no san fierro, no las venturas, screwed driving...(the key element for someones!)

• Cartman28279 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users