Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why is there a machete in ammunation yet we can't use it?

22 replies to this topic
ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

If you look where the amour is below there is a glass cabinet with a machete among other knifes yet we can't buy them! nice one rockstar

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Same reason there's hotdog stands with no food.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

yeah, everybody praises R* for such attention to detail.... but they put so much stuff in the game that isn't actually in the game. Just look at billboards, posters, pictures, physical items (like the machete).  The Titan (big cargo plane). You can open the back... but only by punching it... yes that's right, punching it. How stupid is that? And then you can sort of drive a car in the back of it and close it.... closing it tight is extremely difficult to do btw. Then as you fly around (if you were good enough to get the back closed) the car just bounces around creating sparks and damaging itself and the plane in the process.  Like... what's the point of having the cargo plane if you can't transport stuff in the back of it??? And what's the point of having the back actually open when it doesn't open or close properly.... I just don't understand

• NighyKai likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

What becomes of the broken hearted?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

While I was buying some ammo one of the random comments the clerk said was that he sold a flamethrower to someone's wife. Why can't he sell me a goddamn flamethrower? I'm so angry I'm going to say grr at the end of my post. Grr.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

There is a full empty wall so guessing that's DLC which im ok with aslong as we get good weapons

• stepladder likes this

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

If you would've had a machete, you would be bitching about something else. The game offers more than enough already and for the same price lesser games sell for. You have a masterpiece in front of you and all you point out is a little machete you saw at the store and want to use? Just return the game and your console, and find a real machete and some woods you can get lost in with it.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

LOL weirdo & im not bitching but id like to see a few more weapons especially melee weapons so hope to see them as DLC even saints row 3 has better weapons..much better weapons & yes that's a sh*t game but still 

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

Do you know how many times I used melee weapons? Maybe 3 times. When you can knock someone out in 1 punch, do you really need anything else?

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

Same reason ther are nail guns we cant use, :(

A1iiiiii
  • A1iiiiii

THE CAP'N

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Why is there a sex doll in trevors appartment yet we can't use it?
  • King Kapone likes this

stepladder
  • stepladder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

If you would've had a machete, you would be bitching about something else. The game offers more than enough already and for the same price lesser games sell for. You have a masterpiece in front of you and all you point out is a little machete you saw at the store and want to use? Just return the game and your console, and find a real machete and some woods you can get lost in with it.

on every post you''ve got your dick firmly wedged up rockstars crack! Have a word with yourself little lad!

JrJohnbarn1
  • JrJohnbarn1

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by JrJohnbarn1, 15 October 2013 - 12:59 AM.

yeah, everybody praises R* for such attention to detail.... but they put so much stuff in the game that isn't actually in the game. Just look at billboards, posters, pictures, physical items (like the machete).  The Titan (big cargo plane). You can open the back... but only by punching it... yes that's right, punching it. How stupid is that? And then you can sort of drive a car in the back of it and close it.... closing it tight is extremely difficult to do btw. Then as you fly around (if you were good enough to get the back closed) the car just bounces around creating sparks and damaging itself and the plane in the process.  Like... what's the point of having the cargo plane if you can't transport stuff in the back of it??? And what's the point of having the back actually open when it doesn't open or close properly.... I just don't understand

Yeah, this bugs me as well. The overall game is excellent and I'm really enjoying it, but there does seem to be quite a few missing/unfinished items, or things that could have been made better, the non-functional cargo plane being a very good example of this.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

Amazing post, which also should have Auto locked this stupid thread.

*Claps*

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

The dj on radio los santos say hydraulics are dope and he has em on his car but we can't put hydraulics on our cars

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:46 AM Edited by HakatoX, 15 October 2013 - 01:47 AM.

with all the crap advertised and out there in the real world, you interact and use all of them?

I dont pay any mind to fashion or news... I dont even notice billboards in real life... whats the point?

I have no intention whatsoever to go into 90% of food establishments..... fast food or restaurants

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by Hooves07, 15 October 2013 - 02:15 AM.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

The whole sell you a fraction of a game and then sell you the rest for more than the original price later or miss out on the game/ be penalized for guns/maps type logic on DLC is poison and garbage anyways.. for what, 2 decades you could buy a game and play it... now companies like EA are trying to be greedy dbags.

Free DLC is the only way to go.Most titles are rushed and pretty much incomplete anyways.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:28 AM Edited by GourangaMaster, 15 October 2013 - 02:28 AM.

As R* have stated they plan for online to be a constantly changing and evolving game and with that structure in place there is no limit to what they can add to it.  Most of these items and many more will most likely gradually be released through updates and DLC in the future.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

Yeah let's hope we get a weapon dlc pack soon. For online and SP,

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

I'm pretty sure theres gonna be some weapon DLC pretty soon. I mean if you look on the shelf above the grenades and sh*t (left of the CE weapons) theres empty slots there that links to the "PSN store" (or Live if u on xbox).

TheTelly
  • TheTelly

Sarah

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

I always think to it as updates online.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

This is actually a very good point. There IS a lot of stuff that didn't seem to end up in the game, or felt misleading during the marketing. I know that many things end up on the cutting room floor, but some of these things are simple enough to have been in the game.

The machete is such a simple item, that I can't think of a good reason for it NOT to be available.

The Titan's ability as a cargo plane is very misleading. I was under the impression I could transport an entire gang of friends along with their cars on board this huge plane.

Perhaps Rockstar can still address these things in the future.

NighyKai
  • NighyKai

Dr. Russian Gamer

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

If we didn't want anything there would be no need for updates, why the hell would I buy a game for $$60 with no updates and more stuff? Take that "You should be greatful" to COD foums, Rockstar got ua hyped up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users