Quantcast

» «
Photo

Petition to remove animals from GTA V or ban it... Really?

224 replies to this topic
McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Wait... sorry... thanks to this thread, I just realized that PETA stands for People (for the) Ethical Treatment (of ) Animals... which technically should be PFTETOA... 

I now must withdraw my support for them...

I was under the assumption it stood for " People Eating Tasty Animals"....

Well excuse me... I have to flip my Hamsterburger patty.

• Costar, lizardman563, TJGM and 1 other like this

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

3 years on GTA Forums!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

I used to think PETA was something good. Well now, I think they're idiots.

Someone could actually kill 813521964 animals made out of polygons and pixels, no single real life animal would be hurt.

An BTW, the AI of the animals in GTA V is crap.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

I'll choose the truth I like.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:10 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 02 November 2013 - 09:14 PM.

These petitions make me violent.

Not once in the entire game does it "force" or "promote" the injury or killing of innocent animals, like the description claims. Yeah, there's one hunting side-mission with Trevor that's entirely up to you. There aren't even any kittens in the game.

Jesus.

Edit: Oh, wait; there's more. It says you can behead animals.

Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

steve bambar
  • steve bambar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

i killed a dog a couple weeks ago

it was fun

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

It's a game....

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Do they even help animals in real life? No. What the f*ck is the point in petitioning against animals...or shall we say pixels? Biggest hypocrites in the whole world. Worse than the f*cking governments, Jesus Christ.

And the people voting, I wish I could load a shotgun up and force them to blow their brains out.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Lets go hunting IRL, if that's what they want us to do.

• TJGM likes this

Smaher.
  • Smaher.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

So beating digital humans is okay, but beating digital animals crosses the line?  :sarcasm: Okay...

Makes sense.

• TJGM, _Kindled_ and weirdkerr like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

People like them make the world a retarded place. It's a good thing we don't live forever.

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by Startug, 02 November 2013 - 09:40 PM.

I had some fun leaving my own comments: 

GODDAMMIT! This game finally crossed the line. I was fine with murdering innocent children in the game, cheating on my in-game wife with hundreds of prostitutes, and NOW there's killing animals? I know I'm an unfaithful SOB, but Jesus Christ there is no need for unnecessary violence. I'm done with this game!

-Mr. Mel Ester, CA #17,154

This is the last time I'm ever buying a game targeted towards adults for my boy, Harry Nutts. The fact he even saw a car in this game go over 20 MPH scared the salvation of Jesus out of him. This game must be banned!

-Mr. Chris P. Nutts, CA #17,123

I can't believe the games we are letting our children play. I can't believe I've lost the will to say "no" to my little Tyler every time he picks up an M-rated game that clearly states it is not his age. I'm helpless to do anything about it, so I must sign and this will ban the bestselling game forever!

-Mrs. Mike Hunt, OH #17,092

I'm here to sign because I'm actually in favor of violence towards detailed pixels that are depicted as animals. Since it keeps kids in their basements killing the animals on the TV screen, they're never outside to know what a real animal is.

-Dr. Woody Johnson, OH #17,038
  • lizardman563, TJGM, _Kindled_ and 1 other like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

GODDAMMIT! This game finally crossed the line. I was fine with murdering innocent children in the game, cheating on my in-game wife with hundreds of prostitutes, and NOW there's killing animals? I know I'm an unfaithful SOB, but Jesus Christ there is no need for unnecessary violence. I'm done with this game!

This is the last time I'm ever buying a game targeted towards adults for my boy, Harry Nutts. The fact he even saw a car in this game go over 20 MPH scared the salvation of Jesus out of him. This game must be banned!

I can't believe the games we are letting our children play. I can't believe I've lost the will to say "no" to my little Tyler every time he picks up an M-rated game that clearly states it is not his age. I'm helpless to do anything about it, so I must sign and this will ban the bestselling game forever!

I'm here to sign because I'm actually in favor of violence towards detailed pixels that are depicted as animals. Since it keeps kids in their basements killing the animals on the TV screen, they're never outside to know what a real animal is.

lol_ricky_gervais.gif

• TJGM likes this

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Wait... sorry... thanks to this thread, I just realized that PETA stands for People (for the) Ethical Treatment (of ) Animals... which technically should be PFTETOA... 

I now must withdraw my support for them...

I was under the assumption it stood for " People Eating Tasty Animals"....

Well excuse me... I have to flip my Hamsterburger patty.

I remember someone else used those words for that acronym, I loved it ever since I saw that "People Eating Tasty Animals" xD

Some ppl, adults and children alike, simply arent mature enough to handle certain aspects of life.

If I want to harm animals, then I will find a way to do it, has nothing to do w/ them being in a video game, a tv show etc. If I want to harm ppl, its the same way.

Some might suggest that certain abilities in a game, may prevent someone from acting them out in real life, a sort of release, if you will.

These virtual animals are NOT in the game strictly for the purpose of target practice but rather because its natural, we have animals of various kinds in our neighborhoods/homes, animals of differing kinds in wooded/mountainous areas. What about the fake animals at carnival/fair-grounds?! "SHOOT EM FOR A PRIZE LITTLE GUY!" ... Really.... Its not like R* strung them up on a marry-go-round and said "see how many of the cute little *bambies* you can kill."

How dumb.

In the end, I think these ppl need to worry less about virtual animals in a video game and maybe stop killing human babies in so many of the abortions that possibly 50%+/- of those signing the petition would commit to, because they dont want to act responsibly by keeping their legs closed. Its really curious and sad "kill the baby", "save the virtual pigeon from digital pulverization!" Or even in real life, animals that are placed above the importance of human children and adults that go hungry, w/out medical care and are even aborted. But spend millions/billions to provide shelter, food and medical care to various animals in the wild. I saw an elephant receiving laser skin treatments this morning, I mean really?! But if you have no health ins or money upfront, sorry take that cancer somewhere else. Now that is really sad and sick.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

#1 Dinka Thrust Fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

I really hope the f*ckwits signing that petition are not PETA supporters, or my brain might explode from the irony. PETA are animal murdering scum.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 02 November 2013 - 10:09 PM.

Second one was the funniest. If his son got scared over a car going above 20 mph in a f*cking video game, then he must be one hell of a little pussy as well as his parents acting f*cking retarded and getting him the game in the first place. It's their fault for raising their child to be a f*ckwit. Imagine when he buys a car when he grows up, how is he going to drive?

And his name is Harry Nutts? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAPAHAHAHA. LOL.

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

I just choked a chicken

thejack0ff
  • thejack0ff

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:13 PM Edited by thejack0ff, 02 November 2013 - 10:13 PM.

So we can't kill wild cougars that attempt to kills us?

Also what's the difference between brutally murdering cows injected with hormones and living in tight homes with machines then some random guy punching a now?

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

#1 Dinka Thrust Fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Second one was the funniest. If his son got scared over a car going above 20 mph in a f*cking video game, then he must be one hell of a little pussy as well as his parents acting f*cking retarded and getting him the game in the first place. It's their fault for raising their child to be a f*ckwit. Imagine when he buys a car when he grows up, how is he going to drive?

And his name is Harry Nutts? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAPAHAHAHA. LOL.

wut+_af4d4152d5058635ebe659e6979b61d7.jp

• lizardman563 likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:23 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 02 November 2013 - 10:29 PM.

^

Thank you.

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

^

I don't understand. Is that implying that I've went too far or not enough? If you've got nothing to contribute, then kindly get the f*ck out of this thread.

Actually he might have been trying to imply that the joke went over your head, but I'm pretty sure you actually got the joke and made a humorous comparison to a real life scenario. And for that, I thank you.  :^:

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

^

Ahh okay. I misinterpreted what he said.

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Give me another GTA V petition, I'll give another perverted signature.

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Yesterday, I stole a speed boat in the Alamo Sea and sped across the water, hit the shore and took out two deer with the front of the boat.

It was me or them.

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Yesterday, I stole a speed boat in the Alamo Sea and sped across the water, hit the shore and took out two deer with the front of the boat.

It was me or them.

You are forever shunned by the group of overprotective parents.

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by Mr.Aaron, 02 November 2013 - 11:14 PM.

""Let's face it: It is way too easy for somebody who runs over a helpless kitten in a game to do the same thing in real life""

It's amazing that some people actually believe that. The level of stupidity is just amazing. Mental cases that need medical help.

I think said person does sexual acts with animals so I'm going to start a petition to remove any animals that said person might have in fear of them being raped.

PETA is an absolute joke these day. Any credibility they had is long gone.

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

does anyone actually feels a little bit bad running over those cute Rotweillers?  :inlove:

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

I love animals (I donate money to wildlife reserves frequently) and I see nothing wrong with GTA V. I run over deer for the f*ck of it in GTA but that doesn't mean I would do it in real life.
We should just agree that some people are over sensitive pricks and move on with our lives. This petition is clearly not going to change Rockstar's mind. The near 30,000,000 people who bought and have no problem with the animals in this game sure as hell have more influence on R* than the 13,000 people who dislike the animals in this game.
It's not like it's forcing us to stomp on kittens in front of their elderly owners and then torch them both while laughing.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

The petition had reached 90,000 signatures. I don't think it will have any effect though. Waste of time trying to petition something that'll never happen.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:52 AM Edited by lizardman563, 03 November 2013 - 12:53 AM.

Another thing that disturbs me is how they prioritize animal lives as being more important than human lives, and don't even care that not all portrayals of animals in GTA V are purposely violent. For example, I was traveling on a cliff road in GTA V high above a river, and a deer ran out infront of my truck. I had two choices, swerve out of the way, plunge off the cliff, and f*cking die, or hit the deer and keep on going. You can guess which one I chose. 

• JustOneMonth likes this

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

The petition had reached 90,000 signatures. I don't think it will have any effect though. Waste of time trying to petition something that'll never happen.

Damn, 90,000? I mean, that's still only 1/30 of GTA V's purchasers, but that's still more than I thought it would reach.

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

Another thing that disturbs me is how they prioritize animal lives as being more important than human lives, and don't even care that not all portrayals of animals in GTA V are purposely violent. For example, I was traveling on a cliff road in GTA V high above a river, and a deer ran out infront of my truck. I had two choices, swerve out of the way, plunge off the cliff, and f*cking die, or hit the deer and keep on going. You can guess which one I chose. 

You took the gun in the glovebox, shot the windshield like an idiot, bullet ricocheted into your right eye socket, penetrating the edge of your brain, but still hitting the deer. You woke up in the hospital to some very angry PETA protesters. Not one thing you could have done right. :(

• lizardman563 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users