Quantcast

» «
Photo

ROCKSTAR : "Exploiters Will Be Banned Forever, Not Suspended".

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic
petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

i know from working in software development that these decisions are not made in a vacuum and that companies like R* will be consistant in their behaviour over all games and platforms.

I know I know, it never crossed your 12 yr old mind, but the good news is you will learn to read between the lines sooner or later

ok im not worried

* This will not apply to those people who simply took advantage of temporary exploits to rapidly grind up XP a few weeks ago.  We are able to tell who actually hacked their save to have impossible scores.

You do know that was for Red Dead, right?

Belstead
  • Belstead

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Its the latest news.

Check Rockstars twitter feed.

:sigh:

SIDtheWHISTLE
  • SIDtheWHISTLE

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

I keep reading a lot of people bat back the answer to any banning of glitchers as unlikely because they ar worried about losing money ? How exactly are they going to lose money if they ban people who glitch ?

SIDtheWHISTLE
  • SIDtheWHISTLE

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

I keep reading a lot of people bat back the answer to any banning of glitchers as unlikely because they ar worried about losing money ? How exactly are they going to lose money if they ban people who glitch ?

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Once glitches have been patched, regardless of bank balance, every player including exploiters become potential cash card sales over a long enough timeframe.

who-dat
  • who-dat

SAR commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

how is a player going to purchase DLC if said player is banned?

OPEN your eyes

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

They would lose way too much money. I have no idea how many players have done the lsc glitch but I bet it is in the millions.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

OPEN your eyes

Make a new account. Are you this slow?

who-dat
  • who-dat

SAR commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:19 PM Edited by who-dat, 13 November 2013 - 03:21 PM.

OPEN your eyes

asshat, R* thinks that if they ban a players gamertag/PS user, the player will create a new account to purchase DLC?

are YOU that slow?

edit: R* thinks if they ban a player and take away EVERYTHING they've done, a player will make a whole new gamer tag/PS username to PAY them money AFTER R* took EVERYTHING from the player and the player will have to start over.....

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

OPEN your eyes

asshat, R* thinks that if they ban a players gamertag/PS user, the player will create a new account to purchase DLC?

are YOU that slow?

edit: R* thinks if they ban a player and take away EVERYTHING they've done, a player will make a whole new gamer tag/PS username to PAY them money AFTER R* took EVERYTHING from the player and the player will have to start over.....

Then don't cheat. I don't really give a f*ck if you get banned or not fa**ot.

• pro_laps likes this

Ylerion
  • Ylerion

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

OPEN your eyes

are YOU that slow?

Then don't cheat. I don't really give a f*ck if you get banned or not fa**ot.

Good, because he won't. No-one will.

SIDtheWHISTLE
  • SIDtheWHISTLE

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

Im glad to see some people are not completely retarded and can answer a question with logic.

Rock* could ban everyone and people will still come back. That's why they made a $billion dollars in 3 days

Its the same with the FIFA community ...that game continually get $hitter and people still buy it. And the only people who will buy the cash cards are people who dont glitch.... and by the time they work out all of the patches that need to fix the exploits that will be found someone will find another way to exploit it.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

I wouldnt keep playing if my character was affected :)

Im glad to see some people are not completely retarded and can answer a question with logic.

Rock* could ban everyone and people will still come back. That's why they made a $billion dollars in 3 days

Its the same with the FIFA community ...that game continually get $hitter and people still buy it. And the only people who will buy the cash cards are people who dont glitch.... and by the time they work out all of the patches that need to fix the exploits that will be found someone will find another way to exploit it.

SIDtheWHISTLE
  • SIDtheWHISTLE

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I wouldnt keep playing if my character was affected :)

Did you glitch ?

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

The silent voice in ones heart whispers the most profound wisdom

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Next week, starting on Tuesday, August 24th – we will be swiftly and indefinitely banishing from the world of Red Dead Redemption multiplayer all Gamertags and PSN IDs we’ve detected  with hacked game saves.  Such cheating is a clear violation of our code of conduct, and punishable at our sole discretion.

If you are one of these people, we are giving you this last chance for REDEMPTION to restore your HONOR: you have one week from today to delete your hacked game save to be spared the hammer’s swift justice on the 24th.

Some notes to be aware of:

* This will not apply to those people who simply took advantage of temporary exploits to rapidly grind up XP a few weeks ago.  We are able to tell who actually hacked their save to have impossible scores.

* Banned hackers will also be removed from the leaderboards.

XD if Rockstar does that with GTA, and also includes cars not available on GTA:O like snow asea and cop cars, watch the population drop like 50%.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Anybody on Xbox 360 would have to pay for Xbox Live again if they made a new account so yeah, permanently banning people would be a bit silly in business terms.

SIDtheWHISTLE
  • SIDtheWHISTLE

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

They might lose population but thats it ... the people they care about are the people who plays legitimately...thet want to make a secure environment for them so they use daddy's credit card. If anyone here has ever played FIFA then you'll know what I'm on about.

The people who exploit FIFA dont even own the game. They just use an auto-buyer hack and make thousands from it

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

They might lose population but thats it ... the people they care about are the people who plays legitimately...thet want to make a secure environment for them so they use daddy's credit card. If anyone here has ever played FIFA then you'll know what I'm on about.

The people who exploit FIFA dont even own the game. They just use an auto-buyer hack and make thousands from it

They lost enough population already, losing more would be killer, finding new session puts me in the same lobbies every time lol. Come christmas time this game should only have a few hundred thousand instead of millions

The Rangler
  • The Rangler

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:25 PM Edited by The Rangler, 13 November 2013 - 04:28 PM.

Its the latest news.

Check Rockstars twitter feed.

Went through all their tweets (including replies) thru Oct 1st, couldn't find it. In fact neither the word "cheaters" or "banned" appears in any of their tweets in that time period.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

No one is being banned, or pooled....except hackers perhaps....people are stupid and for some reason feel the need to fear monger....which wouldn't even work if people would stop acting like they are scared.

stocksyuto
  • stocksyuto

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by stocksyuto, 13 November 2013 - 04:36 PM.

4.100 hits.

That shows how scared glitchers are :D

Glitchers are not scared, why would they be? R* are dealing with game hacked saves and are forgiving money glitches lol, the glitchers are on here laughing at how sh*t r* are

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

R* is screwed either way haha, ban glitchers/exploiters, boom there go a couple hundred thousand, not counting how many people are going to play other games/move to next gen. They would need to release a next gen version if they have any hope for this game in the future, I doubt people will switch between PS4/Xbone to play a PS3/360 game lol

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by GunWrath, 13 November 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Next week, starting on Tuesday, August 24th – we will be swiftly and indefinitely banishing from the world of Red Dead Redemption multiplayer all Gamertags and PSN IDs we’ve detected  with hacked game saves.  Such cheating is a clear violation of our code of conduct, and punishable at our sole discretion.

If you are one of these people, we are giving you this last chance for REDEMPTION to restore your HONOR: you have one week from today to delete your hacked game save to be spared the hammer’s swift justice on the 24th.

Some notes to be aware of:

* Banned hackers will also be removed from the leaderboards.

That's from 2010.

and if you intend to troll or be a smartass.. try to use some sense.

If you do find some credibility however, post sources.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users