Quantcast

» «
Photo

Uncalculated Risk (Dom's Last Mission) won't unlock

Best Answer Swift1, 23 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

Just to offer my solution that finally worked for me. (Ps4)

I had been stuck at 99.5% for 2 real time weeks and after trying everything from Internet suggestions to 5 rockstar support emails this happened:

I had transferred over from PS3 but never activated my second online character. When I switched between online characters today for the first time and did the police station bit to change/tweak appearances and load into online, I saw in the character wheel that Franklin had a '1' on his slot.

Switched to him and there was the mission marker!

si for those of you who have exhausted every possible remedy and never activated (or perhaps created) a second character online, hopefully this might help get you out of the same bind I was in. Go to the full post

62 replies to this topic
Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Not sure if this will work but it might be worth a try.

When I was working on my 100% -- I was doing street races and I found when doing the last street race that it would not "complete" if I failed it and used the "retry"-- the check mark would appear on my map but the stats and social club would not show it as completed-- I had to pass from a fresh reload to get it to register.

It is possible that this is occurring with the jumps too (although I am relatively certain in my case that I "retried" at least a couple of them).

Anyway-- it might be worth a try-- just go up to each one and do a quick save before trying them again.

I would make sure I don't miss any of the "checkpoints" also.... perhaps that's hanging you up.

Anyway-- just throwing this stuff out there-- hopefully something makes it pop up for you... this has got to be frustrating..... I'm at 96% myself with just Triathalon, knife flights, under bridges, & 5 jumps left for 100%--- 

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

One of the latest theories is that if Dom missed the jump in your game from the Maize Bank to the truck (as the game lets you finish the mission even if he does) then the game forgets Dom exists and won't let us do the last mission. I hope it's something they can fix. Cause Dom missed the truck in my game A LONG time ago.  :(

Would redoing the Maze bank jump correct this (if this was the problem)?
Nope, it only saves the medals.

screech95
  • screech95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Turns out you'll be kicking yourself if you only save on one slot

geomason
  • geomason

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

I got the call from DOM playing online so I switched to single player mode and D? appeared, how strange is that?

But hey - I've finished the game.

Bigfella1469
  • Bigfella1469

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

After trying every solution mentioned with no luck the final Dom jump finally appeared after days of waiting.. Funny enough just like the above comment it appeared as I was playing online.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Very weird-- single player stuff carrying over to GTAO.

josephandjames
  • josephandjames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

I don't have xbox live so anyone know a fix?

h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Tried that online trick and still not working for me

z2k
  • z2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

i'm now at 100% but i didn't get the CAREER CRIMINAL achievement and i didn't get the last one  mission can anyone help out please

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:47 PM Edited by Spuds725, 12 November 2013 - 05:48 PM.

This is getting rediculous--- hearing of people  not getting trophies/achievements not popping up now-- (you are not the only one)-- You literally have to maintain multiple save slots and TURN OFF YOUR AUTO SAVE-- especially if you are not going to keep multiple save slots--- so the game doesn't overwrite your save file with a new save where you didn't get your achievement/trophy--- most likely your only option is to reload an earlier save.

If you don't get a trophy/achievement when you should-- DO NOT SAVE the game or at least save in a different slot.

livetilludie
  • livetilludie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

I'm also sitting at 99.5%, I've done everything suggested in this forum. The new save slot and switch to online did not work, replayed maze bank jump got gold, still nothing!. I even tried that crazy Micheal scuba gear drive all the way to the dam idea! lol. I've completed everything there is to do but a few remaining random events (33 done) and 2 remaining arms traffic runs. I'd sell my left nut to see a "1" appear on Franklin's manly pecks!. I can not believe this issue is still not addressed by Rockstar!. Bad form!. There is no way in hell I am going to load my 84% save and do all that crap again. I'd rather film myself taking a dump on the GTA 5 game disc and mail it to R*!. I'm soo choked that I feel like getting 5 stars from rampaging out front of the Rockstar building! :miranda:  Fix this issue already! Please!! :panic:

• jameznash likes this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

How did everyone go with this? I've tried everything everyone has suggested and can't get 6 of my Strangers and Freaks missions to show up and for some reason even though I've done 20, it still says I've only done 19 of 20 for 100% completion :(

Also missing stacks of random events and have never had a call for a private cab fare. ARRRRGH!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:00 AM

You have to do specific strangers and freaks missions (ones pertaining to Franklin)-- for 100% (see checklist in my sig)--- Most people with bugs are missing Tonya's last one, or Dom's last one.

Lots of people having issues with the private cab fare also... thankfully that is not required for 100%-- however it is required for the trophy/achievement if you are going for platinum.

If all else fails-- start a new game, play up through friends reunited and save-- then have franklin purchase cab company-- save in new slot and

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

I am still stuck on this as well.

Tried everything and got nothing.

Contact R* and put your point across. They might start looking at fixing it instead of DLC for online. FIX THE GAME FIRST BEFORE ADDING NEW CONTENT.
  • Cutter De Blanc, Sangers and Zorvaine like this

Swift1
  • Swift1

Assassin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:17 PM   Best Answer

Just to offer my solution that finally worked for me. (Ps4)

I had been stuck at 99.5% for 2 real time weeks and after trying everything from Internet suggestions to 5 rockstar support emails this happened:

I had transferred over from PS3 but never activated my second online character. When I switched between online characters today for the first time and did the police station bit to change/tweak appearances and load into online, I saw in the character wheel that Franklin had a '1' on his slot.

Switched to him and there was the mission marker!

si for those of you who have exhausted every possible remedy and never activated (or perhaps created) a second character online, hopefully this might help get you out of the same bind I was in.

jweaver
  • jweaver

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

I have this issue and would be happy to try your solution.. What do you mean by 2nd online character? Can you have 2?

I too have transferred from the PS3 and created my PS4 character.. Are you suggesting that i can have a 2nd character?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

Yes, in GTA:Online you currently have two character slots.

jweaver
  • jweaver

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

Unfortunatly, this hasnt worked for me... Still no Uncalculated Risk mission.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

You may have to reload a previous save to get it to work.
However, some people have had luck in it randomly appearing after playing for quite a while after switching.

emelen
  • emelen

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:43 AM

If you're able to leave your console on whilst you're at work all day, do it, but make sure you have a controller connected via USB cable and that the console and controller aren't set to turn themselves off after a set period of inactivity.. And make sure nobody is going to touch it either..

I had an issue with something not appearing for love nor money, I loaded my game as above, went to work, 8 real-world hours later and approx 1 week game-world later, my missing thing triggered!!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for posting this solution (2nd character thing) Swift---  certainly worth a try.

If someone wants to stay on GTAO all day or whatnot (similar to the mentione above)-- you will time out if you don't do something with your controller besides leave it plugged in.

I recommend switching to stealth mode and sneak around in a circle by taping your stick to the up and side-- and they will sneak around in a circle besides keeping the game from timing out you will max out your stealth stat-- you can do this in single player too obviously--- if on GTAO you would probably want to to do in a private free roam session.

I know the problem is not "completely" solved but am marking this as solved so people see the solution to try... we really need to organize the different solutions offered in a single thread.. :/

jweaver
  • jweaver

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:23 AM Edited by jweaver, 05 February 2015 - 10:37 AM.

I have still been unable to get my U.R mission to unlock, so I raised a ticket with R.S.. And they sent me this:

-Please create a new quick save in a new slot

-Load it immediately
-Switch to online mode (Through online tab in the start menu)
-Play at least two missions Online
-Switch back to single player character (Through the start menu ->online tab -> leave GTA online)

I was cyncial as I have tried similar steps to this already, but figured I would give it a go.. I followed it word for word.. And when they said "play atleast 2 missions", I simply joined a random "Mission" and played on my own (and failed)..

And..... It worked.. I would have put a bet on the fact that it wouldn't.. But as soon as I went back to Offline, Franklyn had the "1" against his name and "D2" appeared on the map.

So this worked for me.. .Hope it helps someone else.

Jon

championpuffa
  • championpuffa

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

is this mission a timed mision or something? maybe tis only available at a certain time of day for a certain amount of time so unless you check at the right time youl never see the mission pop up. jus a thought as it would explain the randomness of its appearance.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

is this mission a timed mision or something? maybe tis only available at a certain time of day for a certain amount of time so unless you check at the right time youl never see the mission pop up. jus a thought as it would explain the randomness of its appearance.

As far as I know, you just have to complete all jumps to get it to pop up so it's not timed or anything.. issue is that on current-gen (probably last gen too but more common on CG) some missions end up glitching out and freeze unless you do something random or if you're unlucky, stays like that for a long time. 

A few fixes work for some, but don't always work for others which is a bummer.

nickkertt
  • nickkertt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

I have still been unable to get my U.R mission to unlock, so I raised a ticket with R.S.. And they sent me this:

-Please create a new quick save in a new slot

-Load it immediately
-Switch back to single player character (Through the start menu ->online tab -> leave GTA online)

I was cyncial as I have tried similar steps to this already, but figured I would give it a go.. I followed it word for word.. And when they said "play atleast 2 missions", I simply joined a random "Mission" and played on my own (and failed)..

And..... It worked.. I would have put a bet on the fact that it wouldn't.. But as soon as I went back to Offline, Franklyn had the "1" against his name and "D2" appeared on the map.

Jon

Nice that it worked for you.. but sadly this did not work for me. I did exactly what you did but still no missions..

jweaver
  • jweaver

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

-Please create a new quick save in a new slot-Load it immediately

Jon

Nice that it worked for you.. but sadly this did not work for me. I did exactly what you did but still no missions..

Dont write it off yet.. Did follow this to the letter?

Did you create a new save and load it again the first step?
Did you switch into Online from the menu? Arther than switching character?
Did you do missions rather than other event?
Did you switch back to SP via the menus rather than character switch?

I just wanted to check as this is exactly what i did and nothing else has worked for me.

nickkertt
  • nickkertt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

-Please create a new quick save in a new slot-Load it immediately

Jon

Dont write it off yet.. Did follow this to the letter?

Did you create a new save and load it again the first step?
Did you switch into Online from the menu? Arther than switching character?
Did you do missions rather than other event?
Did you switch back to SP via the menus rather than character switch?

I just wanted to check as this is exactly what i did and nothing else has worked for me.

Yeah, exactly like you said. I created a new quick save and then loaded it. Then I switched to GTA online through the menu and played 2 missions. 1 where you had to steal the 4 ATV's and 1 where you had to steal a car. After I did that I choose going back to freemode (at the voting menu when the mission ends) and when I was back in freemode I pressed 'Leave GTA online'. Then a few seconds later I was Micheal and when I wanted to switch to Franklin there was no mission there. Also not a 1 next to his head on the switching panel. But the problem is I also don't get any other missions. I've bought over 8 properties and I never get called for a mission. I do get the email right away from the owner of the company but that's it..

Nick from GTA Land
  • Nick from GTA Land

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

Solution: That worked for me 10 minutes ago.

1. Start playing GTA.

2. Press X (xbox 360, use whatever button for ur console), to go immediately into online.

3. Faff around for 5 minutes.

4. Press start, online tab, then Swap Character.

5. Create any type of noobish second character.

6. Skip second character tutorial.

7. Press start, online tab, Leave GTA Online.

8. At single player, Hold Down on the D-Pad. FRanklin will hopefully have a "1" on him. (If you've done all 13 parachute jumps as ANY character(s)).

9. Voila.

This is guide is more detailed than the winning post. Also my save for single player was a Michael save but that doesn't matter. I think.

nickkertt
  • nickkertt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

Solution: That worked for me 10 minutes ago.

1. Start playing GTA.

2. Press X (xbox 360, use whatever button for ur console), to go immediately into online.

3. Faff around for 5 minutes.

4. Press start, online tab, then Swap Character.

5. Create any type of noobish second character.

6. Skip second character tutorial.

7. Press start, online tab, Leave GTA Online.

8. At single player, Hold Down on the D-Pad. FRanklin will hopefully have a "1" on him. (If you've done all 13 parachute jumps as ANY character(s)).

9. Voila.

This is guide is more detailed than the winning post. Also my save for single player was a Michael save but that doesn't matter. I think.

Thank you, this has worked for me but I did it a little bit different.

I started up GTA and I switched to online mode with the square button when story mode was loading.

Then right when I got in a game I pressed switch character. Then I deleted my 2nd character. 

I pressed circle which takes you back to the story mode and my missions were there.

Hope this helps more people.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for posting all these solutions-- 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users