Photo

Uncalculated Risk (Dom's Last Mission) won't unlock

43 replies to this topic
Will7691
  • Will7691

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

I'm trying to get 100% for the achievement, and I've got 19/20 Strangers and Freaks missions. Dom's last mission is the one I need to do but it won't unlock. It's supposed to unlock after completing all the parachute jumps, but I've completed all of them and no icon is showing up. The social club checklist confirms that I've done all the parachute jumps. I did most of them with Michael, is it required to do them with Franklin as the Dom missions are his?

exostar
  • exostar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

I'm going for 100% also and just like you I cannot get this mission to pop up.  I did most of the parachute jumps with Trevor.  After it wouldn't show up I decided to REDO all of the jumps with Franklin, just in case.  Still didn't work.  I replayed the previous mission (Targeted Risk) hoping it would trigger the game to make it show.  No luck.  I've slept for about a total of 7-12 days...trying everything I can.  I'm not sure what else to try.  I'm thinking it may be bugged.

mtoomb
  • mtoomb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Ditto, presently sitting at 93% and there's a few things that won't pop up. Dom's final mission, the trophies for the Letter Scraps and Alien Parts, etc... Anyone else have this happen and find a fix?

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by Scoobysrt, 13 October 2013 - 03:28 PM.

I kept finding jumps ive completed and saved after requiring completion again. I find the jumps boring so its been a pain redoing a handful of them 4-5 times.

Ive just this second done doms mission, i came on to look because no prompt was coming up to pick the chute up and follow dom.

In the end ive just jumped off the railings and used the chute i already had, it says ive done the mission now so hopfully thats the end of it for me.

I suggest check your map and make sure every chute icon has a green tick on it. As i say a few of mine i had done didnt so ive had to redo them a few times to get the tick to stay after saving and reloading.

Edit, it said complete but not the jump, ive still got bronze which is what you get if you don't jump. Getting seriously fed up with the jumps.

Icedail
  • Icedail

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

@mtoomb: did you hand in the mission at the guys? Omega and Dreyfuss? Cause then you get those trophies

@OP: i have the same problem, i filed a ticket at R* and hopefully they solve it/fix it.

mtoomb
  • mtoomb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Yeah I did, it seems like the latest update has made the game glitchy... No trophies, no final Dom mission. Weird.

SilverDragon619
  • SilverDragon619

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

I have the same problem, and I was looking forward to finally completing a GTA game 100% aswell.

pirateking1287
  • pirateking1287

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Your not alone it seems the jumps are bugged.  I only have 12 out of the 13 unlocked and also completed the story mode.  i did every jump with Franklin and Trevor even did flight school with Franklin just in case.  I Gold the first three of Dom's missions and still nothing.

Jeez
  • Jeez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

Got same issue on my save files, did all 13 jumps and Dom's last mission won't pop up. I wonder if 1.04 will fix this.

tonydubz
  • tonydubz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by tonydubz, 15 October 2013 - 10:35 AM.

I just signed up to look in on this issue. I am a mod and participant on some other forums, so I know that sometimes this practice is frowned upon but I need some conversation on this. And I always have room in my life for another forum so I may be around for a while.

Anyways, Im having the same problem with the last dom mission. Ive passed all the other parachute missions on the map...all 13.

And ive replayed the other dom missions to see if that would help.  Not only that, no other strangers and freak missions have popped up for any other character and im sitting at 15/20 on that on the 100% checklist. Wtf? Im done with all story missions and random events. And the misc and hobbies are both half or more done. I started a new game after this stuff started but id really like to just 100% the game before starting from 0 and taking in the experience again.

Edit......just read in the bug thread thatif you do flight school with someone before the game lets you it wont unlock further missions? Well, I didnt do flight school with anyone til I was told, so I did fs with michael. However, later in the game, when trying to fly a chopper to the top of the bank with franklin to meet dom I decided to do flight school with him to see if my stat would go up....because helicopters are impossible. Flight school did seem to stabilize my heli skills but im curious if thats what took away my remaining stranger missions?

Icedail
  • Icedail

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

I did the flight school at the end of the story and side missions as I hate flying xD, so that's not my bug

Zongorillacska
  • Zongorillacska

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:32 AM Edited by Zongorillacska, 16 October 2013 - 01:09 PM.

I have the exact same problem as you guys, done all 13 jumps and no mission available. Right now I'm redownloading the game and gonna try to see if it works if I don't patch it... I really hope so. This mission and letter scraps are my only thing left for 100%.

Edit:

Well I have redownloaded it, playing it unpatched now, still nothing appears.

Bo0gieMan
  • Bo0gieMan

Boogie Is The Way Of Life!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by Bo0gieMan, 16 October 2013 - 06:22 PM.

play as Trevor and stay close to his scrapyard and "The Lost" will attack his business so go there and kill them all at the end it will say "Mission Completed" and you'll see that you have missions with Franklin

Zongorillacska
  • Zongorillacska

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by Zongorillacska, 16 October 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Today it appeared randomly lol. I have no idea what made it appear, there wasn't any particular thing I finished when it appeared. I was collecting nuclear waste with Michael and I kept pressing down on dpad, from time to time, with a small hope for the "1" to appear on Franklin's icon... and it randomly did. lol

It could be possible that it just needs like weeks of ingame time after doing all parachutes... I have really no idea what triggered it...

Anyway, 100% here I come :D Just letter scraps left

mtoomb
  • mtoomb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

I've tried everything. Uninstalled 1.03, reloaded save, saved new slot, etc... Nothing works. I've tried redoing jumps, Dom missions, everything. Rockstar responded to my ticket with this :

Hello,

Some players haven’t realized that certain missions are only available when playing as certain characters. This has most commonly been reported around Surveying the Score, Bury the Hatchet, and Deep Inside. It may happen elsewhere too. Try playing as all three characters for a while to see if the mission opens up. In some cases, missions will only appear after a certain amount of in-game time, so also try doing other activities for a while. Some missions are triggered by phone calls and those might not arrive when you are in certain locations, so be sure to not stay in the same spot if you are waiting for a call. We recommend consulting a guide such as the Brady Guide (http://www.bradygame...px?promo=139300).

One possible work around, which has worked for some players, is to load the save file and use the “Quick Save” option to force a save to a new slot. After this is completed, load the new save and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Alternatively, in some cases, taking a cab ride, and then choosing the “skip” option, which forces a load screen has been known to resolve some progression blocks.

If you have tried all the suggestions above and cannot get more missions to appear, you may have a corrupt save file. This may happen for a number of reasons, including on rare occasions when applying a Title Update. If you think you may be affected by this issue, please reload a previous save file from before applying the TU. Unfortunately there is no way to fix save files once they are corrupted.

Best regards,

Unfortunately for me this is not an option. My last save is at 83% with 30+ scraps, 30 + parts, jumps, epsilon, and stunt jumps. NO WAY I'm going back and collecting all those scraps and parts again. ROCKSTAR PLEASE FIX WHAT YOU BROKE!!!

exostar
  • exostar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by exostar, 17 October 2013 - 03:14 AM.

On the official Rockstar forums, a user named xXinsaniacXx have found a workaround for the Dom mission not popping up.  Well, it worked for me anyway!  Here 'tis:

What I did to make the Dom mission finally pop up (paraphrased from Drag0nstarz):

1) Load up the 99.5% save

2) Quick save using the phone into a NEW slot (has to be a new slot)

3) After the save completes, hold down on the d-pad for the character selection menu and chose the bottom one (your GTA Online character) and launch into GTAO

4) Mess around for 5 minutes -- I just robbed a store and then waited to lose my wanted level

5) Use the d-pad AND CHOOSE FRANKLIN to load into back in the single player

6) The mission (w/ the D? icon) was now there and completed it no problem

7) Career Criminal

Hope this helps!

• leo5991 likes this

mtoomb
  • mtoomb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

One of the latest theories is that if Dom missed the jump in your game from the Maize Bank to the truck (as the game lets you finish the mission even if he does) then the game forgets Dom exists and won't let us do the last mission. I hope it's something they can fix. Cause Dom missed the truck in my game A LONG time ago. :(

Bo0gieMan
  • Bo0gieMan

Boogie Is The Way Of Life!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

One of the latest theories is that if Dom missed the jump in your game from the Maize Bank to the truck (as the game lets you finish the mission even if he does) then the game forgets Dom exists and won't let us do the last mission. I hope it's something they can fix. Cause Dom missed the truck in my game A LONG time ago. :(

Did you try what I wrote?

tonydubz
  • tonydubz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

On the official Rockstar forums, a user named xXinsaniacXx have found a workaround for the Dom mission not popping up.  Well, it worked for me anyway!  Here 'tis:

What I did to make the Dom mission finally pop up (paraphrased from Drag0nstarz):

3) After the save completes, hold down on the d-pad for the character selection menu and chose the bottom one (your GTA Online character) and launch into GTAO

4) Mess around for 5 minutes -- I just robbed a store and then waited to lose my wanted level

7) Career Criminal

Hope this helps!

Yeah, I accidentally made it work by almost this same process.

I did the quick save in a new slot then loaded it and played around a bit, then some friends got online so I jumped in as well.  Then when we all got done, I hit the D-pad and went back to Franklin and the "D?" still wasnt there so I was like "eff it, I'll work on the sub pieces with Michael" and as soon as I got to Michael and started heading toward the pier I saw the "D?" symbol start flashing on the map.

lol I just screamed out "f*ck YEAAAHH!!!" and jumped back to Franklin and got it done.  I'm expecting to be at 100% within the week now.  Just gotta get the letter pieces and finish the ocean cleanup and I should be there.  Well, i gotta do the required hobbies and past times too I guess, but only a couple.

So glad I finally got through that and didn't just abandon that game for a new fresh save file.  I started a new save a week ago just to go through the story again but it was gonna be real hard to give up the progress I'd already put it.

So yeah, I guess just hit Online for a while after you've done the quick save thing and it will be there when you get back.

mtoomb
  • mtoomb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Yeah man, thanks for the info! Glad its working for other peeps... I've tried everything to get it unstuck, but in my game there is a bigger problem - I'm missing trophies I should have (spaceship parts and letter scraps, etc) and no new missions (not even property missions) will start. Unless the next patch can fix it, I'll have to start again back at 86% - before I went around and got every collectible underwater and on. :( 

Will7691
  • Will7691

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

7) Career Criminal

Hope this helps!

This worked for me and I've now been able to do the mission. Thanks a bunch!

MLP Warren
  • MLP Warren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

I just wanted to say a massive thanks to 'exostar' for helping me get my 100% completion :)

pranaferox
  • pranaferox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:16 AM Edited by pranaferox, 21 October 2013 - 05:19 AM.

i had the same problem with this quest never appearing after completing all the parachute jumps, but at least for me the fix was simpler. all i had to do was go to GTA Online, then go to the menu and quit GTA online, which brings you automatically to single player. Each time I did this, Franklin finally had the quest. edit: Didn't matter who I switched back to - Franklin finally had the symbol saying he had one quest to do.

screech95
  • screech95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Glad the GTA online workaround seems to be working, but sadly for me, it doesn't seem to do anything.
What I did:
I tried quicksaving in a new slot, loading the slot and then playing GTA online, i tried the same thing without loading, I tried going into GTA online from different story mode characters. Every time I played GTA Online for 15-30 minutes.
For the record: I have completed all parachute jumps; my game is at 99.5%. Pretty frustrating how this workaround seems to be working for almost everybody but me.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:40 PM Edited by Spuds725, 22 October 2013 - 09:43 PM.

@ Screech--

Have you looked at/tried all the other suggestions in this thread?

This one looks promising-- 

play as Trevor and stay close to his scrapyard and "The Lost" will attack his business so go there and kill them all at the end it will say "Mission Completed" and you'll see that you have missions with Franklin

but I don't think it would be specific to that business-- any of the property managment missions might make it pop up-- or even maybe replaying a mission.

It wouldn't hurt to even start a new game and play it a bit and from the pause menu load up your 99.5% mission--- I'd try every thing I could think of before starting a new game--  (even retrying the above)

I do wish you luck and I hope you post back if anything works for you.

One of the latest theories is that if Dom missed the jump in your game from the Maize Bank to the truck (as the game lets you finish the mission even if he does) then the game forgets Dom exists and won't let us do the last mission. I hope it's something they can fix. Cause Dom missed the truck in my game A LONG time ago.  :(

Would redoing the Maze bank jump correct this (if this was the problem)?

switch91
  • switch91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Same here. Doms last mission doesnt pop up for me. U havr tried to do the new save slot and online workaround but unfortunately didnt work. Also bought the scrapyard with T, but i never get any calls from any property i own that should have.

screech95
  • screech95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for the suggestion spuds but sadly no property management missions will pop up for me either. Also, re-doing the maze bank jump from the start menu wouldn't work, as it creates a new save that is deleted after re-completing the mission.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:39 PM Edited by Spuds725, 23 October 2013 - 03:41 PM.

I'm sorry-- I was thinking that DOM was just at the base jump (1 of 13) you do from the Maze bank-- I didn't remember that being a mission (my bad).

This is really crazy how "buggy" this game is... my game skipped one of the story missions "meltdown"--- luckily I had a save a few missions before it and was able to go back and redo the missions (had to repeat about 10 missions)

JimmyJimmJim
  • JimmyJimmJim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

I created an account just to add to this thread. 

I only have 12 parachuting missions available. I see someone else on this thread has the same problem. I've completed them all and Dom's last mission has not shown up. Dom did land on the truck in the Maze bank mission.

geomason
  • geomason

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hi all, same here done everything including online workaround, but last Dom mission is not showing up.

game stuck on 99,5%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users