Photo

Speed, and all of its relativity...

47 replies to this topic
Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 18 December 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Has nobody noticed all the cars max out around 130mph?

Check your social club and look for fastest speed you've ever drove, I guarentee it tells you between 115-130mph, I've tried every supercar and th fastest I got was 129.4mph in a RapidGT

Just checked got 136.8mph in an Elegy.

• Highest speed in a road vehicle 156.37 mph

Maybe you should learn to not hit things

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

Interesting. Fastest they have me clocked is like 153 in my Coquette even tho I've driven my Cheetah to the max on a straight away, and my friends adder.

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

It's right there in handling.dat, top speed is 160mph at best (Adder), multi way tie for 2nd at 155mph. Loads of vehicles at 145+150mph.

Winning001
  • Winning001

They stole my iFruit full of power ballads

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

The speeds are scaled down from IRL speeds because of the map size

R* puts incredibly inaccurate acceleration and speed values to cars

This is why cars are pisspoor slow and so are planes and helis. theres absolutely no way that a buzzard can keep up with a Luxor

It's right there in handling.dat, top speed is 160mph at best (Adder), multi way tie for 2nd at 155mph. Loads of vehicles at 145+150mph.

Every GTA uses the metric system. so the speed values would be in Kmh. not MPh

xStaY BlaZiNx
  • xStaY BlaZiNx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

I got 148 in a sultan that was on 3 wheels...

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

Oh how I missed spending hours tweaking IV's handling.DAT to get that perfect Crown Victoria feel for LCPDFR. So satisfying when you got it right.

IV Needle FTW!!!

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

Has nobody noticed all the cars max out around 130mph?

Check your social club and look for fastest speed you've ever drove, I guarentee it tells you between 115-130mph, I've tried every supercar and th fastest I got was 129.4mph in a RapidGT

Just checked got 136.8mph in an Elegy.

165.26. in a Bati.

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

xj0Iiyi.png

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:43 AM Edited by Mr. Crowley, 19 December 2013 - 02:45 AM.

139.75 in a fully modded Adder

that's driving flat out all the way straight down the long highway on the east side of the map...

That is no hitting dirt, collisions, or scrapes on anything.

Judging by this thread I need to use one of the supposedly slower vehicles to get a higher top speed...

Okechi
  • Okechi

Gunslinger

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

142.98 MPH in a fully upgraded adder.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

Every GTA uses the metric system. so the speed values would be in Kmh. not MPh

I live in Canada, which uses a clear system of 10s (metric) accepted as the global science and economic standard. My copy of GTA (every one I've had) uses an ancient system mystically based (sometimes) on 6s and 12s. My games have always used miles and feet. If there is a metric option in GTA V, please tell me where to find it.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

Wow, I haven't seen this thread in a while lol

Still, even with different sports and super cars, the fastest I've been online, at a dead sprint down the airport runway is 138 in my Rapid GT.  And there was no more gear to be had, no more push from the engine.

Face it, speed is broken in this game.  A lot of things are broken.

If you place your marker on Paletto Bay from the docks in LS, it's only like 7 miles.  Seriously.  7 miles?  How about 70?  Something more realistic.  If Paletto Bay is only 7 miles, then a city block is like what, 30 feet?  That would account for this laughably lame speed concept this game boasts.

I popped in Forza 4, and grabbed a Ford Fiesta Zetec, and with it maxed at a lowly speed of 105 it felt every bit as fast as the super cars in this game.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

if you don't notice the performance mods affecting acceleration you're either blind or stupid

shame you can't upgrade top speed though

anyway I kind of like how cars are pretty close together, makes free roam more interesting and makes more cars viable choices

we have plenty of supercars as is

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

^^

No.  Just no.

If I spent 440k on an infernus, then there is no reason a fusilade grabbed off the street and modded up should even dream of keeping up.  Ever.

As it is currently, You can be screaming down the highway flat out, and if you watch the NPC car's, they are going nearly the same speed, and instead of you zipping by them like a bolt of greased lightning, you just kinda go "meeeeeeehhhh" by them.

Now I don't know about your legendarymotorsports webpage, but mine said my Banshee would do a good buck 40, sure doesn't feel like it, it keeps up with the Carbo, handily, and the Carbo is supposed to be the hands down fastest straight line Sports class car in the game.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Ok, so screaming down the highway, im in my tricked out Obey 9f right, hammer down, and my friend is in some Ruiner he jacked, and I cant gain on him or leave him in the dust as one would expect in a Supercar.

What the crap Rockstar?

Everything goes the same speed. Slow.

Upgrades dont really affect anything.

Perhaps a revamp is in order?

Engine upgrades should make your top speed faster, transmission should make you accelerate faster, but cut down top speed from the use of close ratio gears, turbo does what again? Nothing. Thats what. 35k of uselessness, unless you want the noise.

Now I understand races might be edgy, but if you think someone who saved up for a supercar, wants to outrun a level 3 guy in a ruiner and cannot, is happy, then you are wrong.

The supercars should by DEFAULT be insanely fast. I mean, I havent seen bullsh*t like this since Driver 3, when the Lamborghini countach was everybit as fast as the taxi cab, and capped at like 100 mph.

I dont expect Forza, but come on.....someone drops 200k on a supercar, and you cant even outrun a camaro. Booooo. BOOOOOOOOO.

Well, the Ruiner is fast and the 9f is no super car.

Also, I think if they increased the top speeds on vehicles, there would be network issues all around.  Depending on the session, I'll often run into textures not loading or the game freezing if I go too fast over too long of a distance.

Ankarstrom
  • Ankarstrom

Scooter brother

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Also, I think if they increased the top speeds on vehicles, there would be network issues all around.  Depending on the session, I'll often run into textures not loading or the game freezing if I go too fast over too long of a distance.

This. In GTAO they've nerfed speed. My online character have the highest speed to 145.28 mph (Bati 801). Franklin on the other hand, 203.62 mph (Infernus), and this without going for a speed record... 

colagamerXD
  • colagamerXD

Cereal Gangsters [CRGS]

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

So my Vacca without mods/upgrades, is pretty slow,

but with turbo and all that engine stuff, it's pretty damn fast...

Looks like it's not effecting me =D

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

1. Obey 9f isn't a supercar, it's a sports car.

2. Ruiner is quite fast.

3. Entity is much faster than a ruiner.

4. The top speed stats on the social club aren't working properly. I know I've gone faster in my entity yet my top speed indicates was accomplished in my Coquette.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users