Photo

Speed, and all of its relativity...

47 replies to this topic
jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

Ok, so screaming down the highway, im in my tricked out Obey 9f right, hammer down, and my friend is in some Ruiner he jacked, and I cant gain on him or leave him in the dust as one would expect in a Supercar.

What the crap Rockstar?

Everything goes the same speed. Slow.

Upgrades dont really affect anything.

Perhaps a revamp is in order?

Engine upgrades should make your top speed faster, transmission should make you accelerate faster, but cut down top speed from the use of close ratio gears, turbo does what again? Nothing. Thats what. 35k of uselessness, unless you want the noise.

Now I understand races might be edgy, but if you think someone who saved up for a supercar, wants to outrun a level 3 guy in a ruiner and cannot, is happy, then you are wrong.

The supercars should by DEFAULT be insanely fast. I mean, I havent seen bullsh*t like this since Driver 3, when the Lamborghini countach was everybit as fast as the taxi cab, and capped at like 100 mph.

I dont expect Forza, but come on.....someone drops 200k on a supercar, and you cant even outrun a camaro. Booooo. BOOOOOOOOO.

Kammakazi
  • Kammakazi

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Because nothing affects top speed which is absolutely retarded.

I hate racing with my maxed out Voltic and some guy in a stock cheetah/entity xf/adder, beats me.

• jdkzombie likes this

NyEndizThye
  • NyEndizThye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:05 AM Edited by NyEndizThye, 11 October 2013 - 12:06 AM.

Glad Im not the only one who noticed this,whats the point of engine,accel,turbo they all do the same thing.

RaptorScorpion
  • RaptorScorpion

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

I hate racing with my maxed out Voltic and some guy in a stock cheetah/entity xf/adder, beats me.

Do you actually know anything about the car it's based on?

If you were looking for top speed it's a bad choice

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Exactly. The frik is the point of performance upgrades Rockstar?

Kammakazi
  • Kammakazi

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Do you actually know anything about the car it's based on?

If you were looking for top speed it's a bad choice

Yeah I'm quite aware that it's an electric car, but that doesn't matter now because I've already got my Adder for racing l0l.

Gabuku598
  • Gabuku598

hi

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

I love being beat by a Carbonizzare in my Adder, what are you talking about?! 

No, but seriously, I noticed this as well.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

Agreed. The cars all have their own type of feel but the mods dont matter, cosmetic upgrades are the only thing worth buying. Its a shame players take the time to unlock the upgrades only to find they do nothing. added a blower to my vigaro, it had no effect on the performance, its just a hood option. Lame

Sharky112
  • Sharky112

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by Sharky112, 11 October 2013 - 12:27 AM.

Has nobody noticed all the cars max out around 130mph?

Check your social club and look for fastest speed you've ever drove, I guarentee it tells you between 115-130mph, I've tried every supercar and th fastest I got was 129.4mph in a RapidGT

Just checked got 136.8mph in an Elegy.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

yea its bogus, and if you are going fast enough and you look close enough you will notice the NPC cars f*cking super speed sometimes in front of you just to make sure they are in position to crash into you.  Especially in the mission races thing. total bullsh*t.  The cops always do it too in order to catch up to you, but they never do it when you are looking at them, thats the secret to disabling that supercheat of theirs, but its hard to drive when youre going 150 and looking behind you the whole time, lol!

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Yeah, sh*t, San Andreas on ps2 at least had the idea down pat. Good luck catching the Infernus in your esperante.

Now, you can square off against a hypercar with a suv.

Demz Rockstar logicz.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

Check your social club and look for fastest speed you've ever drove, I guarentee it tells you between 115-130mph, I've tried every supercar and th fastest I got was 129.4mph in a RapidGT

Might be a glitch, you should report it to Rockstar.

Gameassassin1020
  • Gameassassin1020

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

They wanted fair races(WTF speed boost??). SO cosmetics are the only things that work in races. In online, it still sucks lol

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

Performance upgrades(engine,trans,turbo) have an effect,just look at your laptimes in races after adding upgrades. Also you can make your car faster even after the accelertion bar has maxed out.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

ive accepted that this game is not an attempt at realism, anyone who graduated high school will notice pretty quickly that a game that omits a speedometer istrying to mask its flawed physics. How can you take racing seriously without a gauge cluster? The answer is you cant, and that is disappointing. Luckily the cars are just a part of this game, it would recieve horrible reviews from gt or forza fans.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

123.7 fastest in a Coquette

All is definitely not well in the R* engines .....Slllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  lol

bango31
  • bango31

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

142.53 in an Entity.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Agreed. The cars all have their own type of feel but the mods dont matter, cosmetic upgrades are the only thing worth buying. Its a shame players take the time to unlock the upgrades only to find they do nothing. added a blower to my vigaro, it had no effect on the performance, its just a hood option. Lame

LOL @ "take the time"

• Scumbaggah likes this

Elijin
  • Elijin

Probably Lost. Send help.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:16 AM Edited by Elijin, 11 October 2013 - 09:19 AM.

my profile seems to be down currently, but I've gotten 188mph, I'll link when cloud remembers I've played the game.

http://socialclub.ro...erview/franklin

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

exactly why I never wasted my money on upgrades, until they change the top speed for them and give braking stat better increases based on the brakes that you chose.

turbo makes your car accelerate faster but doesn't make it go faster..

RetardOfTheYear
  • RetardOfTheYear

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

engine and suspension upgrade do something, I test my times on some short circuit and went 2.5 sec faster consistently with a engine 2 upgrade and sport suspension, pretty sure transmission upgrade work well too.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

ive accepted that this game is not an attempt at realism, anyone who graduated high school will notice pretty quickly that a game that omits a speedometer istrying to mask its flawed physics. How can you take racing seriously without a gauge cluster? The answer is you cant, and that is disappointing. Luckily the cars are just a part of this game, it would recieve horrible reviews from gt or forza fans.

Yessss It is F*CKING TERRRRRIBLE. If Forza5 or Gt6 have a freeroam map I'm selling this game ASAP and never looking back

Benjaminplays
  • Benjaminplays

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

engine and suspension upgrade do something, I test my times on some short circuit and went 2.5 sec faster consistently with a engine 2 upgrade and sport suspension, pretty sure transmission upgrade work well too.

I second this with upgrades my coquette smashed my friends stock cheetah in a drag race and track, and i mean it sh*t on it in the drag race

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hosts using catch up totally negates the use of mods, catch up should always be OFF

• EarthboundMysfit likes this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hosts using catch up totally negates the use of mods, catch up should always be OFF

I'd prefer 'always not an available feature.'

Maybe deathmatches should leech health from the match leader or last team standing make the winning team lag when aiming and firing.

Swifty101
  • Swifty101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

Really now!? You those upgrades don't make the car go faster. Look here. The full bar is about a top speed of between 265-280. The top speed a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 goes out if fully modded out. Now my KITT edition Ruiner hits about 180-200. Also. Whenever you're in a position nearest to inside the car. Like mounted on the hood, or inside the car. Then it doesn't look like you're really going as fast as the speedometer says. Like when going 65 on the highway. While looking forwards things appearing to be going so slow. But outside or looking out the window things appear to be going passed you at a very high speed. Now I have a 1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA in Forza 3,4 that can top out at 217 miles per hour. And when I turn the came off to the side of the car in GTA 5. Everything is going by as fast as in a NASCAR race at Daytona when the cars are travel at speeds of 200+. So don't tell me especially if one person has a top speed of 188 on record.

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

Cheese! :D

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:45 PM Edited by OMFGSolaX, 18 December 2013 - 10:45 PM.

157 mp/h in an Infernus..

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

Pulled around 155.2mph on the Bati RR.

ShinyBacon
  • ShinyBacon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

148 in my 9F Cabrio. :/

Even my fully modded Entity and Cradder (huehuehue) can't beat that, wtf R*?

stonebonez
  • stonebonez

Jaw Breaker

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

One day it's gonna dawn on some of you that GTAO is simply not that great a game... and never will be. Huge potential, abysmal execution. This is the reality.

• PandaLambpaws likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users