Quantcast

» «
Photo

Official search for obey Tailgater thread.

929 replies to this topic
mattfab
  • mattfab

Pro

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

the helicopter tours parking lot on the other side of the river from the beach is where I just found mine
  • Delminator likes this

mattfab
  • mattfab

Pro

• Members

the helicopter tours parking lot on the other side of the river from the beach is where I just found mine

mattfab
  • mattfab

Pro

• Members

winged_wolf
  • winged_wolf

Destroyer of Worlds

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

I found 1 and only one and I've played a bagillion hours. I sold it though.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

I finally found my elusive Tailgater at the golf course parking lot.  FINALLY!  Man, what a journey that has been.   I am happy.  Now I can attempt to get a sheriff suv

SnoSurfer
  • SnoSurfer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Any chance people can add a bit of detail when they find theirs... such as what were you driving at the time?

So far all locations are proving to be a bust for me. No luck in or around the golf course, nothing behind the tennis courts (been trying in multiple lobbies as I don't seem to be getting the text). I will try the helicopter tours, think I know where it is.

But just randomly driving around these locations is kind of fulfilling the definition of insanity right now, has to be a better way to make these things spawn!

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Спарта

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Never at the golf course for me :(

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Any chance people can add a bit of detail when they find theirs... such as what were you driving at the time?

So far all locations are proving to be a bust for me. No luck in or around the golf course, nothing behind the tennis courts (been trying in multiple lobbies as I don't seem to be getting the text). I will try the helicopter tours, think I know where it is.

But just randomly driving around these locations is kind of fulfilling the definition of insanity right now, has to be a better way to make these things spawn!

You could always try playing a mission with somebody who has it. Get in the driver seat before the mission ends and when it spawns you back in freemode you should have a cloned copy of theirs.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Спарта

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

Got the Tailgater thanks to DrMartyy on Xbox!

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

oh my god.....this is ridiculous trying to get this thing to spawn anywhere...

anybody with a kind heart and a level 1 feel like hooking up a fellow Tailgater enthusiast and seeker?

xJdKxZomBiE is my GT.

I'll love you forever and name a child after you.

oldak
  • oldak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

No one has mentioned the one car that is better than the Tailgater: the Schafter. On a similar note, has anyone seen any beautiful Canis Bodhis driving around? All I can find is its ugly ass sister, Canis Mesa.

• EnclaveSGT likes this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ah just spent one hour and half searching for it, on the "hot spots".. found nothing :c

EnclaveSGT
  • EnclaveSGT

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Oldak, get out!
  • oldak likes this

chh2tx
  • chh2tx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

After playing solo in an invite only session all weekend missioning, checking known spawn locations frequently with no results, I decided to try an new freemode session this time with a full lobby, griefers and all. Hopped in a vapid dominator, drove straight to golf course (nothing) and then to tennis courts and there it was,  by itself behind the tennis courts with another Dominator parked next to it. The only one online I have seen, and still the only one seen since even when using it as a mission car and around Los Santos.

EnclaveSGT
  • EnclaveSGT

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

It seems like people are having a lot of luck with the Vapid Dominator (Mustang). Everyone hunt for one in that vehicle and post results.

oldak
  • oldak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Oldak, get out!

0ICgTW7.jpg

Beauty.

SpaceSquid
  • SpaceSquid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

If I find one, should i replace my Lampadati Felon or Ocelot F260

chh2tx
  • chh2tx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

No one has mentioned the one car that is better than the Tailgater: the Schafter. On a similar note, has anyone seen any beautiful Canis Bodhis driving around? All I can find is its ugly ass sister, Canis Mesa.

It was one car that was tried, and I;d say 'better; is debatable. It doesn't corner as well to me, you can feel its added weight. It certainly looks impressive, but I prefer the Tailgater for mission car, its got good all around qualities. To each their own, any sedan will do.

As for the Bodhi, from what I understand, it'll be parked out front on one of Trevor;s missions.

Per http://gtaforums.com...he-canis-bodhi/

"One of Trevor's missions where you deliver something to his house/trailer.

It's parked there, just take it before the mission ends, worked for me atleast."

oldak
  • oldak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

It was one car that was tried, and I;d say 'better; is debatable. It doesn't corner as well to me, you can feel its added weight. It certainly looks impressive, but I prefer the Tailgater for mission car, its got good all around qualities. To each their own, any sedan will do.

As for the Bodhi, from what I understand, it'll be parked out front on one of Trevor;s missions.

Per http://gtaforums.com...he-canis-bodhi/

"One of Trevor's missions where you deliver something to his house/trailer.

It's parked there, just take it before the mission ends, worked for me atleast."

Great, thanks for the info on the Bodhi.

FWIW, the Tailgater and the Schafter have exactly the same stats. Though in GTAV, the stats don't seem to be a good indicator of the performance of the car. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Tailgater.

FrEshBrEadStiCk
  • FrEshBrEadStiCk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

I've probably spent a total of 10 hours or more trying to find one with no luck. It's the only car I care about having my collection. The spawn rates of certain cars online is just ridiculous.

chh2tx
  • chh2tx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

I've probably spent a total of 10 hours or more trying to find one with no luck. It's the only car I care about having my collection. The spawn rates of certain cars online is just ridiculous.

Don't mind, just makes the end reward much more gratifying and special.

EnclaveSGT
  • EnclaveSGT

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

I went through 15 races to get this. I love this car so I had to get it. I just kept making and deleting my character until I finally got it. And let me tell you winning it wasnt easy since there are faster sedans, so I got lucky the times I won the race.

I won it 5 times. In one race the other players kicked me out loosing the car. Another times I timed out of the session, yet again loosing it. Then once I burned the crap out of it cause I got stuck it stuck and burned the engine trying to unstuck it and finally I exited too soon out of the LS and had to pay crazy money to customize it.

But finally I got it lol

Would you be interested in helping a fellow seeker out to obtain one? I'll hook you up with some exclusive guns!

Are you on PS3 or Xbox? I'm on Xbox, but I'll nab you one if you are as well. 

I'm on Xbox, gamertag is Enclave SGT with a space.

I received a request from another guy as well. I'll have to do them at some point on Monday. I'll send you the FR in the mean time and when I get on GTA I'll find one. After I had posted my offer, I had two spawn, lol. Though sadly I had gotten offline before I saw this response.

I've already got one, thanks!

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

I have one on PS3, I'd be willing to try the clone method with someone to see if they can keep a clone of mine after a mission.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by kotaco, 14 October 2013 - 08:15 PM.

New Edit: The second one has been taken, I'll try and find a third and give that away when I get back if my crew isn't on.

Blazin510
  • Blazin510

tired of crybabies

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

In every car search thread there just has to be an asshole that comes in and say what so good about this car it sucks or this or that car is better..there's something call personal opinion

RizV
  • RizV

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by RizV, 14 October 2013 - 08:13 PM.

FOUND IT JUST NOW! Golf Course Parking Lot :D

0_0.jpg

mantab
  • mantab

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

New Edit: The second one has been taken, I'll try and find a third and give that away when I get back if my crew isn't on.

Hey Kotaco.

Dont know if you did that on purpose, but i cant take your personal vehicle.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:20 PM Edited by kotaco, 14 October 2013 - 08:22 PM.

Hey Kotaco.

Dont know if you did that on purpose, but i cant take your personal vehicle.

The red one was my personal, the black I just found. Shouldn't have had a tracker.

If it didn't work the next time I find one I'll PM you first.

mantab
  • mantab

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by mantab, 14 October 2013 - 08:26 PM.

There was no other. You just drove away, crashed and left when i got to you. 

But minutes later i found one at the golf course after circling it a few times so all is good.

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by kotaco, 14 October 2013 - 08:44 PM.

There was no other. You just drove away, crashed and left when i got to you. 

But minutes later i found one at the golf course after circling it a few times so all is good.

Ah there was two of you racing for it, I left after somebody took it, as long as you got one that's good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users