Quantcast

» «
Photo

Official search for obey Tailgater thread.

929 replies to this topic
iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

dupe for dupe!?

i have a tailgater.

i can dupe my tailgater if anybody can dupe me franklins car

sure

GT: ii G h0S Tt              <------- use spaces and a zero

Xerberus117
  • Xerberus117

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

"I AM VS4" helped me get this car, I was looking for it for ages! He is totally legit, trust me (Xbox)

illestNotes
  • illestNotes

Forum Supporter

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

For anyone wondering how to get it. Follow my thread.
http://gtaforums.com...obey-tailgater/

Xerberus117
  • Xerberus117

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

"I AM VS4" (xbox) is totally legit, he helped me get this car with no problems, you should totally trus him!

JDMjossh84
  • JDMjossh84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

dupe for dupe!?

i have a tailgater.

i can dupe my tailgater if anybody can dupe me franklins car

sure

GT: ii G h0S Tt              <------- use spaces and a zero

i already got one thanks anyways cheers!

TiberiusCrimeFam
  • TiberiusCrimeFam

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Go to the Golf Club carpark in a great car. All the sort after cars talked about on here spawn there in regularly.

echocrack
  • echocrack

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I got it at the tennis court parking lot.  Took somewhere in the 20-25 try range.  Was worth it, best sedan in the game for sure.  

Musician020
  • Musician020

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

I got one on PS3 if anyone wants it.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

I got one on PS3 if anyone wants it.

PSN?

Bonkersberry
  • Bonkersberry

Gearhead

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

Got mine today. Parked in the movie studio after completing a mission. Walked around it a few times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, then went straight to my garage  :D

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

still looking...

GT: ii G h0S Tt

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

still looking...

GT: ii G h0S Tt

Dupe!

Rebmob_7577
  • Rebmob_7577

Leader of Killers(of)ProAssassins

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

The Official Obey Tailgater Search Thread

The Car
*The Obey Tailgater is a 4 door sedan based off the Audi A8 and A7
*It is Michaels default car in the single player story

Whys this car so desirable?
*It handles very well for a 4 door sedan, has decent top speed and good acceleration when upgraded.
*Has alot of customization options including some exclusive options like a roof rack.
*The Transporter.... (nuff said, lol)
How to get it?

Method 1
*Start a new story and pick the tailgater for the first race(if you are afraid you wont win the first race, exit out to home screen during the race lobby, start the game again and choose invite only session from story mode and you will only have to beat lamar) 
*Once you finish the tutorial and insure the car, start a mission with a freind
at the end of the mission, make sure hes in the car when you finish
*He should keep a duplicate car of yours that he can then insure and repeat the last step to give it to your real character.
*If you have a freind who already has it. just do a mission with him

Method 2
*If you can win the race in a public lobby, you can invite a friend and have him hold the car while you switch to you real character and rejoin.(in my expereince this hasnt worked on 360)

Where to look?
If you have a car list with the obey tailgater on it, here are some places to search
1-parking lot behind the tennis courts in vespucci beach
2-golf course parking lot in Richman
3-helicopter tour parking lot in LA puerta

I would like to state that I was cruising around in a Rumpo Van (the widowless one, made it my personal vehicle because I managed to get it up to the top of Mount Chilliad with little problems) near my house, (the one that is near the Movie Set Area that has the two entrances/exits that are "blocked" by the striped gates that move up) anyway, I was headed East into that area, happened to look over, and in the slanted parking lot area (the one that looks like a partial pool that never got finished) (white in the black pavement area) and noticed a ROW  of 3 (THREE!!!) Obey Tailgaters parked there. Needless to say I stole one up quick and made sure two of my friends each got one. I was Level 60 on PS3 when I did this. If you want anymore specific places (I can show you in game) add Rebmob_7577 and tell me that you want a tailgater and you're from GTAForums and I will do my best to help you guys anyway I can! :D (If that doesnt work, we could always do the Duplication glitch for Cops Capacity Mission if needed anyway) :D

convict2324
  • convict2324

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:02 PM Edited by convict2324, 31 October 2013 - 06:12 PM.

I stumbled across this car parked in the side lot of the Horse track. I was there just messing around in my carbo trying to drift it on the track and on my way out it was there. Not sure if this is a common spawn place but figured I'd post it for the record.

Funny thing is I never even looked for this car since my garage was close to full but after driving it I really like it and now I have to figure out which car I can't get now because this replaced it.

http://rsg.ms/1du5rxj

http://rsg.ms/1dumWh4

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

wow... i had the text, looked everywhere over and over and over and then over again, found new sessions etc etc and then the text changed. wtf. i cannot get this vehicle to spawn. it literally spawned every other vehicle, and not the tailgater.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I found one today on Little Bighorn Ave near the LSC in a parking lot, but I didn't need one. Hope that helps.

Brachwah
  • Brachwah

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

The Obey Tailgater will ONLY spawn if you or someone else in the server has the request from Simeon. I finally got the text from him and reloaded servers only TWICE near the golf course and it was there.

flyingcloud11
  • flyingcloud11

Noodle™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

If you guys want the tailgater on PS3. Send a friend request to XxTigerheartxX and I'll make a private lobby so you can dupe it. Just put in the message "gfaf" or gtaforums".

PS-B_C
  • PS-B_C

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

If you guys want the tailgater on PS3. Send a friend request to XxTigerheartxX and I'll make a private lobby so you can dupe it. Just put in the message "gfaf" or gtaforums".

Request sent.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

The Obey Tailgater will ONLY spawn if you or someone else in the server has the request from Simeon. I finally got the text from him and reloaded servers only TWICE near the golf course and it was there.

i tried that too and got nothing, then i moved to the tennis courts and still nothing. it was like they knew what i was looking for and were giving me the finger instead.... not cool..

OneHitter
  • OneHitter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Got 1. Tried new servers 10 or so times. Gave up.and stopped at golf course on way to sell a car and it was sitting right there waiting for me :)

jul1anr1k
  • jul1anr1k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

I found it, thanks to this thread. I'm level 48, got a car list from Simeon with Tailgater on it, and found the car at the golf club. Had to drive around the block a couple of times before it spawned, but it took less than two minutes before I found it. Not sure what to do with it, though. It's not particularly fast.. 

VAUZIX
  • VAUZIX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

Just found it by the tennis courts after hours of searching an another Audi vehicle ( Obey Rocoto). I noticed someone said they used the karin asterope or however that thing is spelt. Took it too the courts. nothing, made a loop. saw some eclipses and chargers. made a fewmore take and BAM!!! The tailgater spawned!! Grabbed and ran cuz someone saw me with it and came after me lol.Me and my buddy decided to check the cars coding on the disc. I believe the Karin helps it spawn as the coding is almost identical. So give it a try and it should. wouldnt be the first time tho another car helps it spawn since the phoenix does this. same with the rat loader.

VAUZIX
  • VAUZIX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

I found it, thanks to this thread. I'm level 48, got a car list from Simeon with Tailgater on it, and found the car at the golf club. Had to drive around the block a couple of times before it spawned, but it took less than two minutes before I found it. Not sure what to do with it, though. It's not particularly fast.. 

Keep it I say, it may not be fast but its a great get away and crew car. Just tune it to max and trust me itll show what that little Audi A7/8 ECO car can do. I just did it online and im level 60 and its beating my friends Turbo Vacca lvl 4 engine, slow to start but it caught up soon. Its like a Pontiac G6 or a Honda Accord, hell even the Optima and Altima.

The power is hidden in these ECO cars and needs to be opened up with some tuning and youll have a quick and strong ride. give it a shot in single player with michael first since you wont lose any online cash that way :)

VAUZIX
  • VAUZIX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

nice try troll. but ya failed

VAUZIX
  • VAUZIX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

reported..

Tedisnake
  • Tedisnake

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

I trade my Obey Tailgater for a Hot Knife =]

diabolical-furby
  • diabolical-furby

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by diabolical-furby, 02 November 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Well, I had the text and I kept refreshing servers for a good two hours, and no luck and any location, and just now the car list in the text changed. So, anyone on PS3 willing to dupe for me? I'll pay if you want! If so just add me on PSN, diabolical-furby.

----EDIT----

Finally got it after I'd guess 30 to 40 tries, found it behind the tennis courts at the south end of Vespucci Beach. I was on foot and kept joining new servers, running far enough way to make cars spawn if there were none there when I got in a new session. Can confirm you don't need the text, although someone in the server may have had it when I found it. After a couple hours I had literally just told myself, "alright, just one more server change, then it's time to give up," and it was there.  :santa:

stilars
  • stilars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

Anyone wanna give me a tailgater? Only rare car I got is ratloader if thats interesting for anyone.. ps3: stilars

allinclusive
  • allinclusive

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Randomly sold an Oracle @ LSC near Rockford Hills. When I walked to the street a Tailgater suddenly passed me, going faster than usual (as if someone shot in the area).

Since I was on foot I wasn't able to keep up and lost it. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users