Quantcast

» «
Photo

Official search for obey Tailgater thread.

929 replies to this topic
tapeear
  • tapeear

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by tapeear, 14 October 2013 - 08:53 PM.

The Official Obey Tailgater Search Thread

The Car
*The Obey Tailgater is a 4 door sedan based off the Audi A8 and A7
*It is Michaels default car in the single player story

Whys this car so desirable?
*It handles very well for a 4 door sedan, has decent top speed and good acceleration when upgraded.
*Has alot of customization options including some exclusive options like a roof rack.
*The Transporter.... (nuff said, lol)
How to get it?

Method 1
*Start a new story and pick the tailgater for the first race(if you are afraid you wont win the first race, exit out to home screen during the race lobby, start the game again and choose invite only session from story mode and you will only have to beat lamar) 
*Once you finish the tutorial and insure the car, start a mission with a freind
at the end of the mission, make sure hes in the car when you finish
*He should keep a duplicate car of yours that he can then insure and repeat the last step to give it to your real character.
*If you have a freind who already has it. just do a mission with him

Method 2
*If you can win the race in a public lobby, you can invite a friend and have him hold the car while you switch to you real character and rejoin.(in my expereince this hasnt worked on 360)

Where to look?
If you have a car list with the obey tailgater on it, here are some places to search
1-parking lot behind the tennis courts in vespucci beach
2-golf course parking lot in Richman
3-helicopter tour parking lot in LA puerta

• kjahcleveland and Hulkstrong like this

MrAnimalUK
  • MrAnimalUK

Game rager

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

This is the car i want the most. Forget the high end supers, i want this. Ive looked everywhere and still cant find one. Are we even sure its in gtao?

• sammy673 likes this

somsom
  • somsom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:50 PM Edited by somsom, 10 October 2013 - 10:51 PM.

Here's how I did it:

Start a new character

Choose the Tailgater

Play up to the point where it tells you to get clothes

Invite your friend

Let him get in the car

Quit to Singleplayer

Go back to online in the session with your friend

Take the car and save it in your garage/wherever

It works. I've done it 3x now with friends.

If you don't have 2 spots open(and don't have friends with spots open either), you can wait until Simeon gives you a car list with the Tailgater on it. Then go and look along the boardwalk/Vespucci Beach car lot areas; it should spawn somewhere along there.

• GuythatplaysGTAtoomuch likes this

tapeear
  • tapeear

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

I know u can get it as a starting car after the first race and keep it. But becides that I'm unsure. People claim they have seen them though.

tapeear
  • tapeear

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Here's how I did it:

Start a new character
Choose the Tailgater
Play up to the point where it tells you to get clothes
Invite your friend
Let him get in the car
Quit to Singleplayer
Go back to online in the session with your friend
Take the car and save it in your garage/wherever

It works. I've done it 3x now with friends.

If you don't have 2 spots open(and don't have friends with spots open either), you can wait until Simeon gives you a car list with the Tailgater on it. Then go and look along the boardwalk/Vespucci Beach car lot areas; it should spawn somewhere along there.

That's the method I've been trying. I won't let me invite my friend to the game though. Because it's the "tutorial lobby". Idk, maybe it's cause my only friend was a level 27 and it wouldn't let him join. How did u do it.

Also thanks for the advice on where to look :)

DoYouKnowWhoIAm
  • DoYouKnowWhoIAm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:08 AM Edited by DoYouKnowWhoIAm, 11 October 2013 - 02:09 AM.

don't do this... i just lost all of my f*cking vehicles (FOR THE THIRD f*ckING TIME) doing this.

(lost my vehicles other times due to other UNKNOWN f*cking reasons)

Deathpally
  • Deathpally

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

I am on the lookout for the tailgater as well. I was thinking of doing that tutorial race on another character in order to get it, but my friends normally aren't on when I am on. Also I am on xbox 360 and so far I have not seen a tailgater at all in GTAO. I found Sultans, Sentinels (both regular and xs).

Maybe I will just have to wait till that car list from simeon that wants the tailgater.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

wait, you can only put insurance on one car?  What about the 10 car garages?

D. Bigalow
  • D. Bigalow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

This is the car i want the most. Forget the high end supers, i want this. Ive looked everywhere and still cant find one. Are we even sure its in gtao?

Its on Simeon's list of cars he wants you to steal...soooo its at least supposed to be

somsom
  • somsom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

That's the method I've been trying. I won't let me invite my friend to the game though. Because it's the "tutorial lobby". Idk, maybe it's cause my only friend was a level 27 and it wouldn't let him join. How did u do it.

Don't put a tracker on it first of all like you said in your original post. Just keep it like it got picked off the street.

As for friends joining: once you get to the point where you can go to the clothing store it's normal gameplay(ie: not a tutorial session anymore). I had a couple of lvl30+ people in mine(along with a friend who is 60+).

• tapeear likes this

MatthewH094
  • MatthewH094

Dickhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

It is possible, this is mine but I've had it since the first race. Driving it around hasn't spawned any however. This is the only picture i have with my online character in as proof ^-^
http://socialclub.ro...3l0ur_gRlzo9nwg

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

I've definitely seen it before. Didn't know how rare they were until now.

MoSBeasT
  • MoSBeasT

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

I've seen one ONCE. It was at the airport parked where you would drop someone off at the gate. Stole it and someone blew it up. Haven't seen one since.

MatthewH094
  • MatthewH094

Dickhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I've definitely seen it before. Didn't know how rare they were until now.

I'm guessing it's a bug in the spawns. 

tapeear
  • tapeear

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Don't put a tracker on it first of all like you said in your original post. Just keep it like it got picked off the street.

As for friends joining: once you get to the point where you can go to the clothing store it's normal gameplay(ie: not a tutorial session anymore). I had a couple of lvl30+ people in mine(along with a friend who is 60+).

That's weird. For me it won't let me invite anyone to the first lobby I'm in. And when they try to join it won't let them. It won't even let me leave the lobby for another one until I've insured the car. When I try to join other lobby's, it says "you can't leave until you finish the tutorial" something along those lines. I'm on xbox, what console are u on?

somsom
  • somsom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

That's weird. For me it won't let me invite anyone to the first lobby I'm in. And when they try to join it won't let them. It won't even let me leave the lobby for another one until I've insured the car. When I try to join other lobby's, it says "you can't leave until you finish the tutorial" something along those lines. I'm on xbox, what console are u on?

PS3

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

Ever heard of Tommy Vercetti, sweetheart? You will...

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

I've never seen it before, until I was going to my house with my Merryweather Jeep and some 3-5 leveled guy was cruising around with it and thats the first time I saw it chased and killed him, got the Tailgater :)

Dmos23
  • Dmos23

Mangu_Power

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

I've been on the hunt for this car since day 1 of online. Offering 20k for it. I'm on ps3.

PSN: profactoryinc

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

In my garage. Found it legit.

EnclaveSGT
  • EnclaveSGT

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I've got one, and don't get me wrong it's a nice car.

But why do people want it so much? People hound me on the mic and start either spitting offers or opening fire on my car? It's kind of ridiculous. 

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

I've been on the hunt for this car since day 1 of online. Offering 20k for it. I'm on ps3.

I would sell you but I sadly put Tracker on it at the excitement of that moment  :/

Also how you gonna pay 20 k game doesn't let you send that much as far as I know, also noone can trust eachother how can the owner know if you gonna screw him or not? 

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

But why do people want it so much? People hound me on the mic and start either spitting offers or opening fire on my car? It's kind of ridiculous. 

I agree. It's nothing special at all, the only thing is it is very RARE thats why people react weirdly

EnclaveSGT
  • EnclaveSGT

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

I agree. It's nothing special at all, the only thing is it is very RARE thats why people react weirdly

I guess I can say it's performance is above-par for it's class and it looks classy. Other than that I can't really find much.

Dmos23
  • Dmos23

Mangu_Power

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

I would sell you but I sadly put Tracker on it at the excitement of that moment   :/

Also how you gonna pay 20 k game doesn't let you send that much as far as I know, also noone can trust eachother how can the owner know if you gonna screw him or not? 

There are ways around that lame limit. & I'm pretty sure both parties can come to an agreement where they feel comfortable to do the deal. I for one would only do half first and half after the car is insured. Plus I'd make sure I ruin their chances on the forum by posting their PSN ID along with their name on here.  :catloaf:

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a Tailgater in Online or Story mode other than Michael's and the one I used for the Lamar race.

tapeear
  • tapeear

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

I personally like it cause it has really nice wheel fitment and it's the only car that offers a Thule roof rack

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Car looks decent, its driving is the good part but I would prefer Aston Martin Rapide anyday for that car (If we r talking about 4-doored cars)

kotaco
  • kotaco

Clan mXm

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by kotaco, 11 October 2013 - 09:47 PM.

I found one spawned in the country club lot, stole that thing up quick. It's really quite customizable, which is nice. I don't care that it's rare or anything, I just really like that car.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

I'm going to try the country club lot.  I've been looking myself for this car.  I have a totally sweet knight rider black trans am as my favorite currently until I can find the tailgater

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

I've got a pretty much guaranteed way of getting it, it just needs patience.

Wait for one of those texts from Simeon to steal a certain group of cars. If the Tailgater is one of them, go here:

JLxJ4Lt.png

As long as he wants a Tailgater, one will ALWAYS spawn in those parking lots on Vespucci Beach. From there you can just take it and give him one of the other cars he wants.

The most proof I can provide for this is my personal Tailgater, you can tell it's online as it's in a garage.

0_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users