Photo

Can you buy a fighter jet?

11 replies to this topic
GrimRipster
  • GrimRipster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

So, as the title says. I looked on the internet (in game) and can't seem to see a plane that has any weapon features. Or am i missing something here? Or are R* going to bring them in to buy at a later date or not at all?

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

I don't *think* so...

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

I hope you have sweet dreams

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Nope. You'll have to get one from Fort Zancudo. Just try to get to a jet where there aren't any tanks patrolling as they will f*ck your sh*t up. 

• Nuka and Distrom like this

Teelo
  • Teelo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

I recommend:

- A helicopter

- A parachute

- Trevor (rage mode)

or

Fast car, maybe with armor and bust through the front gate.

Also before your heist, quick save outside and reload when you fail. Because you WILL fail. Them US Army types are awful defensive....

gepetto420
  • gepetto420

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

havent looked for the fighter jet yet.  is there a mission that involves ft zancudo where i can play around with it then ?

jimmylh
  • jimmylh

not a player hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

havent looked for the fighter jet yet.  is there a mission that involves ft zancudo where i can play around with it then ?

Nope.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

Nope.

Yes, actually.

The second one with Cletus, you can leave after the second elk.

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Play GTASA, the best GTA of all time.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

I found a ridiculously easy way to get the Lazer in Online. 

01: Get the Helicopter that spawns behind the Paleto Bay Sherrif's Station.

02: Fly to Fort Zancudo, go in low and fast. If you come from the southwest you're likely not to be spotted until you're ready to escape

03: Land your helicopter behind the wing of the Lazer, climb up with the jump button.

04: Hijack the Jet, and take off keeping low so you aren't such an easy target.

05: Evade your wanted level,

Note: 

You're going to want to grab the Lazer that is facing North/Northwest, so you enter from the south and leave north. It may take some practice, but you'll get it, and it's far easier than parachuting in, or jumping the fence near the runway with a car and driving to a jet.

pbacorey
  • pbacorey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

this begs the real question...where the hell am I going to store it?  Lol!  Can't park *that* in my garage!

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

I hope you have sweet dreams

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

this begs the real question...where the hell am I going to store it?  Lol!  Can't park *that* in my garage!

If you have your own hangar you can park it in there and it will always spawn there for you even if you crash it somewhere. If you have an aircraft already parked in your hangar, you'll have to take that one out first and then park your jet where your other aircraft was. Otherwise the game won't save it for you. 

As a safety measure I always save my game first when I'm still taxing my jet over to my hangar, that way in case the game despawns my jet while I'm getting my other plane out of the hangar I can simply reload to my last save and try again. 

Also since you have to steal the jet and don't have the option to purchase it like other aircraft that will spawn in your hangar, the game won't add it to the list of selected vehicles to spawn there. So if you switch what aircraft spawns in your hangar, you will lose your jet and you'll have to steal another from Fort Zancudo again. That's something to keep in mind.

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Doing the Cletus glitch - where it says "Hunt the elk" you make a run for it to Fort Zancudo and steal a fighter jet - results in no shots being fired because the base is not even aware you're there. It's just a normal Sunday drive and you can pick and choose which aircraft to hijack then fly it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users