Can't buy helmets and a parachute question

10 replies to this topic
VillNess
  • VillNess

Apina

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hey,

I can't buy helmets for my character. When I go to the clothes store and the head gear section the list doesn't have helmets. The last thing on that list is "Ear Defenders". I'm rank 32 and I tried making a new character and still I can't buy helmets because the whole "Helmets" section is missing...

Also I have a question about parachutes... If I buy, for example, a red parachute will the color stay forever or is it one time thing only? I think in single player when I bought different color parachute the next time I picked up parachute or jumped out of plane/helicopter the color was random and not the one I bought. If it indeed is just one time use, that sucks big time. Why would I pay 19 000$ just to jump once with red parachute? The smoke does stay forever, atleast that's what I read.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hey,

I can't buy helmets for my character. When I go to the clothes store and the head gear section the list doesn't have helmets. The last thing on that list is "Ear Defenders". I'm rank 32 and I tried making a new character and still I can't buy helmets because the whole "Helmets" section is missing...

Also I have a question about parachutes... If I buy, for example, a red parachute will the color stay forever or is it one time thing only? I think in single player when I bought different color parachute the next time I picked up parachute or jumped out of plane/helicopter the color was random and not the one I bought. If it indeed is just one time use, that sucks big time. Why would I pay 19 000$ just to jump once with red parachute? The smoke does stay forever, atleast that's what I read.

I now you in the interaction menu you can switch parachute crew smoke color. Dont know if you can change the actually chute. Go back to ammunation and try switching it back

imjamesscott
  • imjamesscott

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

The paraxhute is only one tine only and every parachite you get from a plane helicoter is the rainbow..

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

I think I bought my rather dashing helmet from the vespucci masks store. Try there

VillNess
  • VillNess

Apina

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Well that sucks if it's one time only.. They should of made it forever to add it to the list of making your character unique.

I think I bought my rather dashing helmet from the vespucci masks store. Try there

I just went there and there's seperated sections for "Hats" and "Masks". The "Hats" is the same as in clothes stores and mine doesn't have "Helmets" :( Here's the list in my game:

Beanies

Canvas Hats

Caps, Forward

Flat Caps

Military Caps

Cowboy Hats

Straw Hats

Berets

Headphones

Ear Defenders

Note that I'm using a female character so the list might be different for males

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:34 PM Edited by NoMeansYes, 10 October 2013 - 09:35 PM.

I just checked this to confirm and it is at the Vespucci Masks store, underneath Ear Defenders but you have to scroll down as it doesn't fit on the default list size. Maybe you have to own a bike before the option is unlocked? I've had the nemesis from day one, first vehicle I got and still have it

VillNess
  • VillNess

Apina

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:40 PM Edited by VillNess, 10 October 2013 - 09:41 PM.

I just checked this to confirm and it is at the Vespucci Masks store, underneath Ear Defenders but you have to scroll down as it doesn't fit on the default list size. Maybe you have to own a bike before the option is unlocked? I've had the nemesis from day one, first vehicle I got and still have it

If I go past Ear Defenders it brings me back to the top (Beanies)... I wonder am I really the only one with this problem? Also the weird thing is that the problem is not my character as the new character I made didn't have them either. Maybe collector's edition has something to do with this...

The-_-Meister
  • The-_-Meister

Nevar

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

If I go past Ear Defenders it brings me back to the top (Beanies)... I wonder am I really the only one with this problem? Also the weird thing is that the problem is not my character as the new character I made didn't have them either. Maybe collector's edition has something to do with this...

change your hair style. thats the problem. 

Hootz
  • Hootz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

I had the same problem, the option to buy a helmet never showed up in the hat section of any of the stores, I looked at every one..a few times lol. I'm using a female character..& I'm level 16..I've never owned a bike yet, just a car. But from the Interaction Menu in my inventory I have the option to change my helmet & there was already 1 there to chose right from the start. I changed my hair style like The-_-Meister said(THANKS:D)..from being down to a braided mohawk..& now the helmet section shows up at every store at the bottom of the hat section. I'd never changed my hair style since choosing one when you make your character. Hope it works for everyone else too :)

Elijin
  • Elijin

Probably Lost. Send help.

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Some hair styles dont allow helmets, or certain hats.

adderrson
  • adderrson

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

I bought a rainbow parachute and crew smoke on GTA Online yesterday and it no matter how I get the parachute it always seems to use the setup I've purchased :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users