Photo

regret buying gta 5 yet?

29 replies to this topic
Merc Hartman
  • Merc Hartman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

I disagree with hacking or cheating in a game. However playing a mission rockstar created themselves does not appear to be a hack or a cheat does it? Well according to rockstar if you get too good at a mission and replay it. It somehow magically becomes wrong. Yes I make money fast but the reason im making money fast is for all the right reasons! I'm doing the mission.. I'm completing the mission. and I'm getting payed! what is the f*cking problem rockstar!? you should be ashamed of yourselves you greedy cooperate bastards! you have already made record sales yet you still want microtransactions and to stop people making in game money so they have to spend real cash for in game currency? I spent all day yesterday replaying missions with my friends I made roughly 2.5-3mill. I'm level 72 I should be able to make some money at a decent F-U-C-K-I-N-G RATE!! rockstar whoever you have left in charge to run gta online they are stupid cooperate greedy f*cks! 

• JustOneMonth likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

I see what you're saying. They definitely want people to keep their game and slowly grind and grind. It's smart from a business perspective, but I agree it's a dick move. 

Merc Hartman
  • Merc Hartman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by Merc Hartman, 10 October 2013 - 07:46 PM.

I see what you're saying. They definitely want people to keep their game and slowly grind and grind. It's smart from a business perspective, but I agree it's a dick move. 

the team behind this are twisted little f*cks! if they want us to level up at a slower pace. make the xp earned lower or increase the xp needed to level up. simple. I have 2.5mill and I can spend that in under 30 seconds. buy a tank (1.5mill) and an adder (1mill) BOOM GONE! how long will it take to get 2.5mill with these horrible ass missions that will take AGES! to get back into? WEEKS! 

iEatzMidgetz
  • iEatzMidgetz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

the team behind this are twisted little f*cks! if they want us to level up at a slower pace. make the xp earned lower or increase the xp needed to level up. simple. I have 2.5mill and I can spend that in under 30 seconds. buy a tank (1.5mill) and an adder (1mill) BOOM GONE! how long will it take to get 2.5mill with these horrible ass missions that will take AGES! to get back into? WEEKS! 

I completely agree, Rockstar really F*CKED thier entire fan base with these new updates. The game was decent before they decided to destroy the replay action on their online feature. Then to make it worse they decrease the amount of money earned on the mission Violent Duct from 9K to 3K and without the replay feature it makes doing any mission almost seem pointless. Nobody wants to try stealing a tanker and escape a 3 star wanted level for only 2 or 3k, no matter what you're level is, I bet you skip these missions EVERY time they come up.

Rockstar made more money, more quickly than anyone possibly imagined. Come on guys, 1 billion in 3 days is a great start to a week so why would you decide to go and literally F*CK your loyal customers over and attempt to fix 'Bugs' in the game when you should be working on the real issues with the game. For example, the acheivment requiring you to own an apartment, garage and insured vehicle is impossible to get because you can only own 1 personal property lot. WTF is that!? I can't go and buy a 10 or even 2 car garage while owning my current apartment, this seems a little off don't you think? Why make it an achievment if it's f*cking impossible?

Rockstar you guys are really f*cking up the game. Stop being greedy pigs and let your customers enjoy your product without basically asking for MORE money every single time we get on. I mean the stupid upgrades online are already WAAAY overpriced, and it's already a pain in the ass to save up for simple things like that. Don't get rid of the only decent ways to make money online, instead you should be thinking of new features to add to keep us interested. Where's the real heists!? Jacking an armored truck takes 10 seconds, and they seem to pop up once every 2 hours. And please fix the sharing money with friends option, rolling with friends to an armored truck robbery seems pointless now that we can't divide up the earnings. I don't know who's idea that was, but fire that dumbass!

Add me on xbl, my GT is iEatzMidgetz

Terminus
  • Terminus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

I got the properties and am now bored with the game.  Heists sound cool, but I'd regret not getting rid of this game at the peak of its resell value, and judging from the general laziness of R* and nakedness of the game, I won't be holding my breath for them to fix it.  Some sh*t like the aggro-cops and horrible physics are not going to change.

Wyattsawesome
  • Wyattsawesome

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

The people on these forums drive me insane sometimes. No, it's not fair to play the same mission over and over in order to get a ton of money and reputation. What you're doing isn't what they intended, so no, it's not earning money "for all the right reasons". It's called cheating the system, and Rockstar fixed it so you couldn't cheat the system anymore. Bitching about it won't change that. I agree that changing the amount of money you can earn from certain missions was unnecessary, but seriously? They "f*cked their entire fanbase"? They're "corporate greedy f*cks" for trying to make it equal for the people who actually want to play the game the way it's intended to be played? Don't you think you're overreacting? I think it's hilarious that there are people that love certain things about this game, but as soon as they change something or there's one thing they don't like, Rockstar is a horrible company that shouldn't be respected. It's ridiculous.

• esck and abruptjones like this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by AtomicPunk, 11 October 2013 - 02:16 AM.

I disagree with hacking or cheating in a game. However playing a mission rockstar created themselves does not appear to be a hack or a cheat does it? Well according to rockstar if you get too good at a mission and replay it. It somehow magically becomes wrong. Yes I make money fast but the reason im making money fast is for all the right reasons! I'm doing the mission.. I'm completing the mission. and I'm getting payed! what is the f*cking problem rockstar!? you should be ashamed of yourselves you greedy cooperate bastards! you have already made record sales yet you still want microtransactions and to stop people making in game money so they have to spend real cash for in game currency? I spent all day yesterday replaying missions with my friends I made roughly 2.5-3mill. I'm level 72 I should be able to make some money at a decent F-U-C-K-I-N-G RATE!! rockstar whoever you have left in charge to run gta online they are stupid cooperate greedy f*cks! 

R* surrounded themselves with people like Strauss Zelnick. All great actors, musicians, athletes are surrounded by the same. Just look at photographs. You'll see it. They will turn R* into EA and run them into the ground til they get every last bloody cent from players. The online has turned out to be a complete wrecking ball to R*'s reputation. I think we can all say: EPIC FAIL

You wanna grab R* by the balls? Then just log off and never return to GTA V online. That's the only way these greedy people will get it. Money talks, bullsh*t walks. All GTA fans need to act in unison and send a message.

R* lowered the money so you suckers will have to pay REAL MONEY FOR INGAME MONEY. When you see a company do that, they think you are cattle. I'd hate to see what R* has up their sleeve for the online thing. It's gonna be something wallet raping. You suckers just wait and see. I will not return online. GAME OVER

Wyattsawesome
  • Wyattsawesome

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:44 AM Edited by Wyattsawesome, 11 October 2013 - 02:56 AM.

R* surrounded themselves with people like Strauss Zelnick. All great actors, musicians, athletes are surrounded by the same. Just look at photographs. You'll see it. They will turn R* into EA and run them into the ground til they get every last bloody cent from players. The online has turned out to be a complete wrecking ball to R*'s reputation. I think we can all say: EPIC FAIL

You wanna grab R* by the balls? Then just log off and never return to GTA V online. That's the only way these greedy people will get it. Money talks, bullsh*t walks. All GTA fans need to act in unison and send a message.

R* lowered the money so you suckers will have to pay REAL MONEY FOR INGAME MONEY. When you see a company do that, they think you are cattle. I'd hate to see what R* has up their sleeve for the online thing. It's gonna be something wallet raping. You suckers just wait and see. I will not return online. GAME OVER

What are you talking about? No, they aren't trying to milk you for your money. They're not that kind of company. They're making the game fair. People were playing just fine without farming missions before the patch, now everyone that was doing it loses their sh*t because they don't have it easy anymore. You do realize that if that wasn't an option in the first place, you wouldn't have cared and would've just played the online for what it is? Because Rockstar slipped up and left it in though, you complain that they're is a greedy company trying to get you to pay them more money, even though all they're doing is making you play the game the way it's supposed to be played. 

• legendm0de likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

I don't regret purchasing it simply because it satisfied my curiosity. If you're asking if I still enjoy the game, then the answer is no, I do not.

Merc Hartman
  • Merc Hartman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:10 AM Edited by Merc Hartman, 11 October 2013 - 03:13 AM.

The people on these forums drive me insane sometimes. No, it's not fair to play the same mission over and over in order to get a ton of money and reputation. What you're doing isn't what they intended, so no, it's not earning money "for all the right reasons". It's called cheating the system, and Rockstar fixed it so you couldn't cheat the system anymore. Bitching about it won't change that. I agree that changing the amount of money you can earn from certain missions was unnecessary, but seriously? They "f*cked their entire fanbase"? They're "corporate greedy f*cks" for trying to make it equal for the people who actually want to play the game the way it's intended to be played? Don't you think you're overreacting? I think it's hilarious that there are people that love certain things about this game, but as soon as they change something or there's one thing they don't like, Rockstar is a horrible company that shouldn't be respected. It's ridiculous.

Ok clearly you have no clue what you're talking about. so its not fair for S.W.A.T to build a foundation replicating the actual building/property they will be clearing out to get there plan down to a tee. just because I replay a mission again and again does not make it an exploit. nothing about that mission is an exploit unless I did some wizardry that completed it in the way it was not intended. the missions I complete are completed the way they were designed to be completed. no cheating no exploits. I do the mission and I get paid for my work.. just because I know exactly how to effectively complete it does not make it a f*cking exploit. what is the big problem with me earning enough money to actually buy sh*t. I lose 2k every time I die. car parts are very expensive. everything is very expensive. its FUN when you have money and you don't have to be a cheap moaning bitch when your friend kills you. its not fun to worry about money when your having fun. I had so much fun completing those missions again and again. we were getting decent money but we had to put a lot of effort into it. I Think spending hours upon hours on a mission to get 2.4mill is fair considering the amount of effort me and 5 other people put into it "mixed in coke mission" we could complete it under 60 seconds because we knew what to do. 

also take this into consideration. I'm a level 72 from EARNING IT. now new people that join will have to make sh*t money to get anywhere near 300k. 3-5k per mission and when you die once you lose 2k? are you f*cking kidding me? fair? you must be blind if you see anything fair in what they are doing. 

So Please attempt to dissect what I just said and tell me any single part of it is untrue. be my f*cking guest!

Merc Hartman
  • Merc Hartman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by Merc Hartman, 11 October 2013 - 03:20 AM.

What are you talking about? No, they aren't trying to milk you for your money. They're not that kind of company. They're making the game fair. People were playing just fine without farming missions before the patch, now everyone that was doing it loses their sh*t because they don't have it easy anymore. You do realize that if that wasn't an option in the first place, you wouldn't have cared and would've just played the online for what it is? Because Rockstar slipped up and left it in though, you complain that they're is a greedy company trying to get you to pay them more money, even though all they're doing is making you play the game the way it's supposed to be played. 

you just proved my god damn point. thank you. quote "even though all they're doing is making you play the game the way it's supposed to be played". Don't you get it? the way they want it to be played is you make 2k-5k a mission and when you die you lose 2k to buy sh*t costs a fortune.. everything is overpriced so the only way to get stuff is by playing for weeks to get stuff or paying REAL MONEY.. now do you see where I'm going with this by calling them greedy cooperate f*cking douchebags?

Merc Hartman
  • Merc Hartman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

can someone explain how to seperate messages in different boxes.. like to quote them? if that makes any sense.. 

legendm0de
  • legendm0de

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

everyone is laughing the op bitching I luv rockStAR Games

you have to play the gam right now like they built it dorkboy  :miranda:

:evilgrin:

legendm0de
  • legendm0de

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

OP you dork bitch boy HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

legendm0de
  • legendm0de

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Merc Harman R* made you cry so bad I'm buying anothr $60 copy of Grand Theft Auto just because Rockstar f*cked over you.

Merc Hartman
  • Merc Hartman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Merc Harman R* made you cry so bad I'm buying anothr $60 copy of Grand Theft Auto just because Rockstar f*cked over you.

only one more? why not buy 5.. that will make me commit SUICIDE!  :sui:  :D

wanaplay357
  • wanaplay357

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

yes 

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

Hell no.  :r*:  

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

Why the f*ck would I regret buying it?

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

I don't regret buying it, because I had to play it and I did enjoy it. However, it says a lot that my little cousin has my copy right now. I'll get it back soon and get back into GTAO for a bit, but mainly I'll free-roam in SP while listening to O&A or something. 

Right now I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted 3, and I just finished Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. I'm loving my new PS3 and all these free games!

gangstakillagrove
  • gangstakillagrove

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

you're bad at making people mad

i don't regret it yet.. but it's slowly dying out for me. it's a very overrated game, but still fun. btw how the hell did you get level 72 already.. the highest person i've seen is like 48. no offense dude but you should take a break or something then you wouldn't be so pissed off.

Merc Hartman
  • Merc Hartman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by Merc Hartman, 11 October 2013 - 02:11 PM.

you're bad at making people mad

i don't regret it yet.. but it's slowly dying out for me. it's a very overrated game, but still fun. btw how the hell did you get level 72 already.. the highest person i've seen is like 48. no offense dude but you should take a break or something then you wouldn't be so pissed off.

I've been laughing so much playing this with friends its hilarious the sh*t that happens. yesterday we tried fit 3 people on the back of a pick up truck while another buddie tried hook the truck with one of those helicopters that can pick up vehicles. lets just say its not wise to float 5 feet off the ground dragging a truck under you. the car got stuck against another car and the rope kinda made the helicopter face plant the side of a mountain. sending all of us flying off the mountain with the massive explosion. things like this only gta can do. BUT the problem isn't the game. its the people behind it at the moment. they really need to allow a better way to make some cash. I'm level 72 and I still make dog sh*t money. 

btw I've seen a level 119. the reason I'm 75 is due to just racing with buds and good team work :)

Wyattsawesome
  • Wyattsawesome

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by Wyattsawesome, 12 October 2013 - 12:23 AM.

Ok clearly you have no clue what you're talking about. so its not fair for S.W.A.T to build a foundation replicating the actual building/property they will be clearing out to get there plan down to a tee. just because I replay a mission again and again does not make it an exploit. nothing about that mission is an exploit unless I did some wizardry that completed it in the way it was not intended. the missions I complete are completed the way they were designed to be completed. no cheating no exploits. I do the mission and I get paid for my work.. just because I know exactly how to effectively complete it does not make it a f*cking exploit. what is the big problem with me earning enough money to actually buy sh*t. I lose 2k every time I die. car parts are very expensive. everything is very expensive. its FUN when you have money and you don't have to be a cheap moaning bitch when your friend kills you. its not fun to worry about money when your having fun. I had so much fun completing those missions again and again. we were getting decent money but we had to put a lot of effort into it. I Think spending hours upon hours on a mission to get 2.4mill is fair considering the amount of effort me and 5 other people put into it "mixed in coke mission" we could complete it under 60 seconds because we knew what to do. 

also take this into consideration. I'm a level 72 from EARNING IT. now new people that join will have to make sh*t money to get anywhere near 300k. 3-5k per mission and when you die once you lose 2k? are you f*cking kidding me? fair? you must be blind if you see anything fair in what they are doing. 

So Please attempt to dissect what I just said and tell me any single part of it is untrue. be my f*cking guest!

Did you just skim over what I said? Do you know what "cheating the system" is? If Rockstar intended for it to be an option to make money this way, they wouldn't have taken it out. "so its not fair for S.W.A.T to build a foundation replicating the actual building/property they will be clearing out to get there plan down to a tee" Um, what? How is that relevant? They do that to be able to do whatever job they're doing in the best way possible, not so they can do it over and over again for profit. How is it an exploit? Because it's not what the company that made the product wants you to be doing. If they had to fix it so you wouldn't do it anymore, obviously that's not the right way to play the game. You don't decide what's the right way and what isn't, the creators of the game do. It isn't fair because people not taking advantage of this AREN'T making 2.4 million in hours. They have nowhere close to that. Things ARE expensive, you just have to win at deathmatches and races and what not if you want to make good money in order to be able to afford these expensive things. It isn't impossible. Just play the game right and do that well. Ask Rockstar if you "earned" that money. Earning it the right way would be playing GTA the way Rockstar wants you to play, not taking advantage of mistakes they made. Could you please actually analyze this instead of just repeating what you've already said? (Idk why this is in spoilers, don't know how to fix it)

Wyattsawesome
  • Wyattsawesome

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

you just proved my god damn point. thank you. quote "even though all they're doing is making you play the game the way it's supposed to be played". Don't you get it? the way they want it to be played is you make 2k-5k a mission and when you die you lose 2k to buy sh*t costs a fortune.. everything is overpriced so the only way to get stuff is by playing for weeks to get stuff or paying REAL MONEY.. now do you see where I'm going with this by calling them greedy cooperate f*cking douchebags?

That's why they're giving everyone that played online this month 500K for the problems they had? Because they want you to pay? If you don't believe me, just look it up

Merc Hartman
  • Merc Hartman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

That's why they're giving everyone that played online this month 500K for the problems they had? Because they want you to pay? If you don't believe me, just look it up

Literally just right now my friend lost all his cars in his garage worth well between 1-2million EASY! and this happened just right now.he also lost his character a few weeks ago. you think 500k will f*cking cover that sh*t? A Level 30 character too... 500k isnt sh*t! the funny part is. they PATCHED this from happening again... lmfao R* can't even fix problems. just f*ck the game up further 

Wyattsawesome
  • Wyattsawesome

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Literally just right now my friend lost all his cars in his garage worth well between 1-2million EASY! and this happened just right now.he also lost his character a few weeks ago. you think 500k will f*cking cover that sh*t? A Level 30 character too... 500k isnt sh*t! the funny part is. they PATCHED this from happening again... lmfao R* can't even fix problems. just f*ck the game up further 

That's a rare occurrence. Most people would say 500K is fair. Besides, If he was a level 30 and had that much money, odds are he grinded missions too, which Rockstar didn't want people doing in the first place. So again, no, not corporate greedy douchebags. 

Merc Hartman
  • Merc Hartman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

That's a rare occurrence. Most people would say 500K is fair. Besides, If he was a level 30 and had that much money, odds are he grinded missions too, which Rockstar didn't want people doing in the first place. So again, no, not corporate greedy douchebags. 

No.. you completely took what I said ass ways. at first he lost a level 30 character. then he started a new one.. and now lost all his cars in his garage. he wasnt level 30 with 1-2mill worth of vehicles. he was a level 50-55 "second character" so no.. 500k does not cover that sh*t. and what are we all doing in game when we play.. grinding to earn money. so your logic says we cant earn any money? lol

boberson01
  • boberson01

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

What's the point of progressing online if you grind all day and try to buy everything in the first week? Then you people complain that there is nothing to do. Rockstar could have handled the situation and grinding/exploits better, but at the same time people need to relax and slow down.  They just released online and are working on making everything work and be balenced. you're not SUPPOSED to grind that much and make millions that early in the start. Be patient people and wait for Rockstar to add heists and higher level missions over time instead of grinding right after the release and being bored after a few weeks.

Nemesis-mkIX
  • Nemesis-mkIX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:47 PM Edited by Nemesis-mkIX, 16 October 2013 - 05:52 PM.

This is really a dumb argument.

I think it's funny how many gamers make it their mission to find ways to exploit a game system to their benefit, then cry when they can't do it anymore.

The fact is, if you could just abuse the most high paying mission, then no one would ever play any of the other ones that the team put the time in to create.

What's more ridiculous about this argument is that the OP complains about regretting buying the game (in spite of the sprawling single player experience over and above online that makes those of most other games seem like a 6 hour commute), but the basis of his argument is that he can no longer fast-track his way through in-game purchases that are the main reward motivation for playing online.

Here's an idea: instead of immediately thinking, "damn, I can't abuse that 1 mission for high payouts anymore, so I guess I'm forced to make micro transactions," how about you actually play the game to earn cash as was intended.

And do you really see yourself playing the game much longer after you've purchased absolutely everything that online has to offer?

Your argument defeats itself.
  • PlanetaryUnfolding likes this

Piddling Medal
  • Piddling Medal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

This game is suppose to be fun at every level 1 or 17. Restarting is a displeasure but its a new game and should have a chance to develop. Play if you like or don't if you don't. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users