Photo

Something suspicious

37 replies to this topic
SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:19 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 10 October 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Now with the all new update i wonder... How comes Rockstar never mentions all the changes? Like, that you can't replay missions anymore.

Or the RT fix.

How comes it is never at any point mentioned that you lose 2000 everytime you die? (Not even with an -$2000 prompt)

Are they so desperatly trying to make us frustrated with getting money so that we buy those bloody moneycards?

Expecially with the heists being one of the last things we get?

Well, not saying i'm not enjoying the game, but this smells like serious bullsh*t to me.

a) They didn't release patch notes instantly, but they are now available.

b) Why wouldn't you lose money? You guys in America have to pay medical bills. So that's a sense of realism. Maybe it could be reduced, but personally i think it's good. It's an incentive not to be a moron and die so often.

c) You can't buy the moneycards at the minute to avoid you losing money if your character gets deleted. The money cards are there for people that don't want to play the game, they just want the best stuff from the word go and aren't actually looking for any exploration or enjoyment, just want to show off what they've got.

d) It's your top lip.

a) they accidently forgot to mention they removed the ability to press RT to vote for a replay

b) the problem is, money is so tight if you play properly, you can't really spend much time in free roam

c) Correct, but they've made money tight on purpose, so that we go buy the cards. I have no problem with the cards, but I feel they've purposely made the payouts on missions low to encourage their sales

d) Na, it is a little dodgy, I'm a Rockstar fan and it makes me nervous - I don't want another EA.

What I was doing was playing normally, but when I came across farmers, I'd join in for a little bit. This ramped up my $ just enough that I could mess around in free roam if I felt like it, but didn't mean I had millions of dollars or anything. Last night I got the update, and bought an apartment, go off and do a random mission - just anything anyone wants to do - and I earned a respectable 10K for about 15-20 minutes game play, then I went to free roam and found a bunch of guys messing around at the airport.

Being a good sport I jumped in, passengered in a helicopter, helped shoot out people attacking us, was fun, until I spotted that I'd ended up undoing all my work in the mission within the space of a few minutes. It may be realistic, but it's not fun, and this is a game not real life, the point is to be fun.

If you don't ass around in free roam, and don't mind very slow progress, it's fine. But I still feel like their low payouts are reducing the fun factor for many players purely for the sake of selling more cards. You can spend 25K just changing the horn on your car for gods sake.

TL:DR - game is a lot more fun with a little bonus cash  - suspect this was on purpose

PittDawg
  • PittDawg

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I ask again. If R* intended for replays to work then why can you not replay missions anymore?

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 10 October 2013 - 07:35 PM.

I ask again. If R* intended for replays to work then why can you not replay missions anymore?

Because people were making money too easily for their liking.

This resulted in two things:

- people who liked variation getting upset others progressed faster

- demand for cash cards would be reduced

Do you really think a developer would write in a quick replay vote system (the CONTINUE vs RESTART before the main vote screen) for it to be completely disabled/cut out? Or have you not even noticed this or spotted it and just slapped CONTINUE after each mission? It's gone now of course, but developers do not write extra code for the lolz.

Someone had to go in to the code, add code to disable the main vote screen replay for certain missions, and then disable the quick replay vote system. You could say the "Replay" being enabled on the vote screen was a bug, however the quick replay vote system was clearly built originally for this exact purpose and it's completely been removed.

You don't write code unless you intend it to be used.

What Rockstar didn't intend, was people using it so much. They also probably didn't realise how some missions overpaid for little effort in testing - and combined with replays - this went more crazy than anticipated.

nomos
  • nomos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

Do you really think a developer would write in a quick replay vote system (the CONTINUE vs RESTART before the main vote screen) for it to be completely disabled/cut out? Or have you not even noticed this or spotted it and just slapped CONTINUE after each mission? It's gone now of course, but developers do not write extra code for the lolz.

Someone had to go in to the code, add code to disable the main vote screen replay for certain missions, and then disable the quick replay vote system. You could say the "Replay" being enabled on the vote screen was a bug, however the quick replay vote system was clearly built originally for this exact purpose and it's completely been removed.

What Rockstar didn't intend, was people using it so much. They also probably didn't realise how some missions overpaid for little effort in testing - and combined with replays - this went more crazy than anticipated.

No. The quick restart (R2) is meant for when you fail a mission, and is still available when you do fail.

The Replay button in the 'Choose Next Job' screen is supposed to be there and be selectable, apparently.

PittDawg
  • PittDawg

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

I understand that, but their patch notes say they "fixed" an issue where the replay was locked on certain missions. They release the patch and now you can't replay missions at all unless you can replay them from the vote screen( haven't been on yet today )? But I'm reading from others that you can't replay missions at all. So wouldn't this mean their patch note is wrong or utter bullsh*t?

Coltfanjay
  • Coltfanjay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I wish they WOULD reduce the -$$$$ every time you die. 

Die less and it wont be an issue for you

You sound like one of the douches that hit people with their cars as someone is respawning. Getting spawn killed is worth 2 grand. Sure....

NoMeansYes
  • NoMeansYes

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:19 PM Edited by NoMeansYes, 10 October 2013 - 08:20 PM.

On PS3 you can vote for a replay (at least on races), I've been in a number of sessions today where this was used extensively. Has to be the majority of course but it will repeat the same race

kianokk
  • kianokk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Fair play to Rock* IMO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users