» «
Photo

Something suspicious

37 replies to this topic
Karaksonen1
  • Karaksonen1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by Karaksonen1, 10 October 2013 - 06:05 PM.

Now with the all new update i wonder... How comes Rockstar never mentions all the changes? Like, that you can't replay missions anymore.

Or the RT fix.

How comes it is never at any point mentioned that you lose 2000 everytime you die? (Not even with an -$2000 prompt)

Are they so desperatly trying to make us frustrated with getting money so that we buy those bloody moneycards?

Expecially with the heists being one of the last things we get?

Well, not saying i'm not enjoying the game, but this smells like serious bullsh*t to me.

EDIT: The amount of deaths one gets should not be a matter, since you can die fairly easy by just doing funthings like stunts, besides, nearly everybody in freeroam is highly aggressive towards you, and since passive mode does not make your car invicible, you will still die pretty easily.

• madmanaz likes this

jtn2k
  • jtn2k

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

http://socialclub.ro...ess-loss-and-ot

you mean this?

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Patch notes http://support.rocks...date-1-03-Notes  And they've mentioned several times that they're looking into reducing hospital bills. Question is, why are you dying so much?

OhhPaigey
  • OhhPaigey

Blame It On The Skinny Jeans

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

There's so many glitches right now, their cash cards literally mean nothing, I've made 2.3mil with the LSC glitch in just over an hour.

They can remove everything they want, for the people who farmed/glitched their money, we're fine.

But once everything gets cleaned up, and we're forced to play the way they want us to obviously play, it'll be a different story.

My advice, glitch every possible thing you can, farm everything you can, and save your $ before you're literally forced to buy their cards.

Karaksonen1
  • Karaksonen1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:34 PM Edited by Karaksonen1, 10 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

Patch notes http://support.rocks...date-1-03-Notes  And they've mentioned several times that they're looking into reducing hospital bills. Question is, why are you dying so much?

It's called having fun. Trying to do stunts, which probaly get you killed.

And i've read the patch notes pretty often, to make sure i didn't overflew anything.

• GTAVTheHeat likes this

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Now with the all new update i wonder... How comes Rockstar never mentions all the changes? Like, that you can't replay missions anymore.

Or the RT fix.

How comes it is never at any point mentioned that you lose 2000 everytime you die? (Not even with an -$2000 prompt)

Are they so desperatly trying to make us frustrated with getting money so that we buy those bloody moneycards?

Well, not saying i'm not enjoying the game, but this smells like serious bullsh*t to me.

a) They didn't release patch notes instantly, but they are now available.

b) Why wouldn't you lose money? You guys in America have to pay medical bills. So that's a sense of realism. Maybe it could be reduced, but personally i think it's good. It's an incentive not to be a moron and die so often.

c) You can't buy the moneycards at the minute to avoid you losing money if your character gets deleted. The money cards are there for people that don't want to play the game, they just want the best stuff from the word go and aren't actually looking for any exploration or enjoyment, just want to show off what they've got.

d) It's your top lip.

TheTelly
  • TheTelly

Sarah

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

I wish they WOULD reduce the -$$$$ every time you die. 

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Glitch your way to being rich, that's got to be so much fun and such a challenge!!

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Die less and it wont be an issue for you

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Or the RT fix.

b) Why wouldn't you lose money? You guys in America have to pay medical bills. So that's a sense of realism. Maybe it could be reduced, but personally i think it's good. It's an incentive not to be a moron and die so often.

c) You can't buy the moneycards at the minute to avoid you losing money if your character gets deleted. The money cards are there for people that don't want to play the game, they just want the best stuff from the word go and aren't actually looking for any exploration or enjoyment, just want to show off what they've got.

d) It's your top lip.

Realism in GTA?

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

• OptionalZero likes this

Conflictionfun
  • Conflictionfun

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

This, I can't even remember the last time I died in free roam.

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by [ÁT], 10 October 2013 - 05:44 PM.

"Sense of realism" in a game where some dude camps your spawn with a minigun and hijacks a military jet and bombs the city? Okay. Dying isn't so much the result of stupidity but asshole trolls or people that like to f*ck around jumping off sh*t or doing crazy stunts. You're penalized for that and it's annoying.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

That's a terrible solution. There are jackasses in every public session of GTA:O who shoot on sight. Guys who get jet fighters strictly to troll others, people putting bounties on innocent players, etc. It's a bit ridiculous that I have to pay $2,000 out of pocket every-time some twelve year old kid tries to show off to his friends by killing everyone with his 1337 sk1llz.

WolfyHopeless
  • WolfyHopeless

Drive

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Glitch your way to being rich, that's got to be so much fun and such a challenge!!

Everybody has fun with the game in their own way. Me personally, I actually enjoy just driving around and exploring places while doing to occasional job here and there with my best friends.  I don't see what everyone's issue is with how quickly they get their toys when it doesn't effect them at all.  You don't find it challenging or enjoyable? Cool story bro, how about you shut your mouth then and focus on you instead of crying like a baby about it?

• OhhPaigey likes this

Sawlstone
  • Sawlstone

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by Sawlstone, 10 October 2013 - 05:52 PM.

Well believe it or not some of us are only shoot if shot at. For me it comes down to hoping the little dot I'm passing by isn't a little turd. 

I die all the time in free roam. Its usually trying to be passive that gets me killed or just some ass hat sniping me for no reason. I've come to expect little of the community when it comes to courtesy. I now keep a garage full of Ballers to sell every hour to supplement me dying to f*cktards.

Conflictionfun
  • Conflictionfun

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

I die all the time in free roam. Its usually trying to be passive that gets me killed or just some ass hat sniping me for no reason.

Must be luck of the draw when it comes to Free Roam lobbies, I suppose. How unfortunate. :catloaf:

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

I am deterred from doing anything in free roam for fear of losing $2000 every time I die. Part of the allure behind playing online is all of the crazy stuff that happens. With the high cost and constant threat of other players, I now drive carefully and play solo.

I also am not saying anything about not having fun. Sure, I can stop at red light, surf the internet or turn on passive mode and hide like a wimp. But I'd rather hit some of the stunt jumps. Maybe drive my car off the Maze Bank building after a cargobob trip to the top. Hell, it only costs $187 to get my car back but $2000 to patch up my pixel burns.

I'm sure this will change some but it does tend to get annoying that people who want to play can't play around living players or they gun you down with auto-aim and chase you relentlessly. Solo mode it is.

bongoclock
  • bongoclock

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Or the RT fix.

1) Mission replay will likely be added again in the future, but at the present it puts to much strain on the servers, and with the issues they having on the servers already the added strain is unnecessary hurdle at this time.

2) I imagined we would be losing 5K like in SP, but its only 2K so not end of the world, and considering all GTA games have had some death price I assumed going in that when I die I lose money at hospital, or lose money reacquiring weapons/armor

3) Money Cards are designed for people who have to work for a living and don't have the time to sit at home and play games all day. They are implemented so people can use some of their hard earned money for leisure time in lieu of actually having to do the work in the video game. If I work for 8 hours I can't farm for 8 hours, but 1 of my hours of work can be used to keep me competitive financially, or in the least, provide me funds I need to play with friends on time off.

4) As for pushing you to buy money cards. The only possible way you can feel that is if you have your eyes set on ridiculous costing stuff. I have no need for money cards because I don't care to buy cars, or property. I need just enough money to buy ammo and armor. So to me the fact that missions are no longer replayable has no impact on my game experience, and doesn't pressure me into feeling like I need cash cards. Some people might feel that pressure, I wouldn't know why, because I clearly don't have the same aspirations. But if you feel pressured into buying one, than that is your position and while you might share it with many, it is a mind set that you create yourself. Instead of owning everything in a few days/weeks, now it might take a whole month!

TheTrippyBeaver
  • TheTrippyBeaver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

"Sense of realism" in a game where some dude camps your spawn with a minigun and hijacks a military jet and bombs the city? Okay. Dying isn't so much the result of stupidity but asshole trolls or people that like to f*ck around jumping off sh*t or doing crazy stunts. You're penalized for that and it's annoying.

Well technically you can't "Bomb" the city, only launch rockets.

OhhPaigey
  • OhhPaigey

Blame It On The Skinny Jeans

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Everybody has fun with the game in their own way. Me personally, I actually enjoy just driving around and exploring places while doing to occasional job here and there with my best friends.  I don't see what everyone's issue is with how quickly they get their toys when it doesn't effect them at all.  You don't find it challenging or enjoyable? Cool story bro, how about you shut your mouth then and focus on you instead of crying like a baby about it?

+1.

• WolfyHopeless likes this

PittDawg
  • PittDawg

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

• Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs

This part of the notes confuses me lol.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

The replay function is meant to be working, apparently, Rockstar has no issue with farming.

The replay button is supposed to be available in between jobs; however, this is currently not working correctly because of a bug. The replay button is meant to be selectable, even if you replay a mission 100 times. We're working to correct this, and have made progress on patch 1.03.

This is referring to the "Next Job Vote" screen in between jobs in the lobby.

http://support.rocks...ansactions-but-

PittDawg
  • PittDawg

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

The replay function is meant to be working, apparently, Rockstar has no issue with farming.

The replay button is supposed to be available in between jobs; however, this is currently not working correctly because of a bug. The replay button is meant to be selectable, even if you replay a mission 100 times. We're working to correct this, and have made progress on patch 1.03.

This is referring to the "Next Job Vote" screen in between jobs in the lobby.

http://support.rocks...ansactions-but-

Then why are people not able to farm anymore?

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Or the RT fix.

d) It's your top lip.

Realism in GTA?

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

Looks like somebody has trouble staying alive.

Are you honestly trying to suggest that GTA isn't realistic in any way what-so-ever? Considering that's what Rockstar aims for, and does a pretty good job of it, i assume you haven't actually played any of the GTA games...

$100 can stop you from getting killed by players. Use it, or shut up moaning about being killed by players. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

What is the "RT fix"? I do agree the patch notes are a little underwhelming and also that it's weird that we don't get any notification when we lose money in hospital bills.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Looks like somebody has trouble staying alive.

Are you honestly trying to suggest that GTA isn't realistic in any way what-so-ever? Considering that's what Rockstar aims for, and does a pretty good job of it, i assume you haven't actually played any of the GTA games...

$100 can stop you from getting killed by players. Use it, or shut up moaning about being killed by players. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

False. Only if you are walking around in places where vehicles can't reach you. Even then there's probably still ways in which players can kill you. For me, being on foot in a place where vehicles can't reach you probably constitutes like 5% of my play time.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

john wayne woz a nazi

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

ITT: OP never reads patch notes

xGreenSmokex
  • xGreenSmokex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

For the record Heists are planned to release in the first big content update to GTA Online, which is supposed to be within the month.

http://socialclub.ro...s-info-and-more

SK1NJ0B
  • SK1NJ0B

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

so in other words your pissed off becuase you just realized you were being charged for dying? Well now you know.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

I dont seem to lose money from my bank anymore. I dont know why you guys are having the issues you're having.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users