Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is There Anyone That Wish Vice City Was The Location For V?

20 replies to this topic
Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

PS4 user.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

I am not complaining about the location of GTA V. I enjoy Los Santos a lot and R* made the right choice to go back there because it deserves a remake but I cant help but to think what could of been. After weeks of playing GTA V I cant help but to but to admire the great accuracy and  detail thats been put into making Los Santos. It closely resembles LA so much, it is completely mindblowing.  I then begin to wonder what if Vice City was the location of GTA V instead of Los Santos. Like instead of Vespucci Beach, There was Vice Beach and instead of Blaine County, there was instead the vast swamps of the Everglades. Would anyone would of prefer a High Definition remake Of Vice City for V instead of Los Santos? 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'm pretty sure VI will be Vice. 

It makes sense. Like... VI..ce. VICE. 

Get me?

• Grand Cannon likes this

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Get me?

that actually makes alot of sense... didnt even notice...

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

i would of liked vice...... but with the way graphics are looking on next gen.... id think it would be worth the wait in the next 5 or 6 years...

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:27 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 10 October 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Nah, I'm glad they went with SA. It's my favorite place out of the 3 locations. Hell, I wouldn't mind returning there again next game.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Get me?

yeah but when I saw the green V I felt we were returning to old school grove st. nigga san andreas not franklin leaves the hood and never checks in on his homies.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

I wouldn't say I wished for it to be Vice City, but I definitely assumed it would be Vice City, taking the same order as the 3D games. I suppose it doesnt matter now. I have no plans to buy the next gen, at least not until after a couple of price drops, so I probably wont be seeing Vice City again.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Los Santos and the surrounding surroundings are much, much better than Vice City.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

lets put it this way, i would have preferred a "one city theme" with vice city and county. and a san andreas with all three cities...

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

No, well maybe 1%.  People have been waiting for this game (GTA V) and everything it is since they got bored with San Andreas, because GTA IV is crap.  

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I definitely would be more interested in a remade Vice City and various areas around it, and when it was revealed that it was Los Santos I did lose some excitement for a while. 

• -TommyVercetti- likes this

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

There is nothing stopping them from adding VICE CITY to the map via DLC. Just keep your fingers crossed. Rockstar focused a lot of the online side of this. I highly doubt that they will stick to just adding missions, weapons, and heists to the map.

People want interiors and such, I feel the gripe they want a completly accessable map. I however, very rarely re-enter a building that I can't interact with once I enter it once. So that not a big deal for me personally. I would like even more maps. Maybe the option to go to the airport and fly to vice beach or get on a boat and sail to it off map, who knows....

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:36 PM Edited by Zancudo, 10 October 2013 - 05:37 PM.

There is nothing stopping them from adding VICE CITY to the map via DLC.

You seriously think they'd put a WHOLE NEW TOWN into a DLC? Did you know they spent over 100 days just gathering information about Los Angeles? Not to mention how long takes the development of such city.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 10 October 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Los Angeles is a lot bigger city than Miami, yall say yall want Vice City but I'm not sure you would like it as much as you think you would. In fact, Miami is so small that if you recall, when Rockstar used Miami for GTA VC, they even had to lie about the population of Vice City just to make it seem in the scope of Liberty City, and that was the OLD LC. Imagine it stacking up with the current Liberty City. They would have to lie a lot and embellish a lot about Miami to do it again, because if drawn to scale it is a HUGE step down from the current LC and LS and a type of city you'd have for addition on a multi-city map like San Andreas.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Los Angeles is a lot bigger city than Miami, yall say yall want Vice City but I'm not sure you would like it as much as you think you would. In fact, Miami is so small that if you recall, when Rockstar used Miami for GTA VC, they even had to lie about the population of Vice City just to make it seem in the scope of Liberty City, and that was the OLD LC. Imagine it stacking up with the current Liberty City. They would have to lie a lot and embellish a lot about Miami to do it again, because if drawn to scale it is a HUGE step down from the current LC and LS and a type of city you'd have for addition on a multi-city map like San Andreas.

LS is still just a small fraction (only 1-2 %) of real life LA (which is about 400 square miles and LS is around 6 square miles. So if they had decided to make it Vice than it would still be as big as LS is, around 6 sq miles, regardless of it's scale compared to real life ratio between NY and Miami or LA and Miami.

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

There is nothing stopping them from adding VICE CITY to the map via DLC.

You seriously think they'd put a WHOLE NEW TOWN into a DLC? Did you know they spent over 100 days just gathering information about Los Angeles? Not to mention how long takes the development of such city.

I didn't state that they would. I just stated that there is nothing stopping them. Meaning they could if they want to. Do I believe that they will probably not. But can they add small islands of places of the past don't need to be full cities. Hell add a section of VC and put a bridge that is under construction that you can't pass or something. There are ways to give you taste of VC.

In addition just because they took 100 days gathering information about LA which is the bases of single player and needed the amount of detail. Doesn't mean they have to spend that much time working on a DLC area.

Franklin-GsF
  • Franklin-GsF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Get me?

^^^^ this
I see what you did there bro
Id love to see a next gen take on vice but id love gta to take a next gen plane trip to london

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

The land in VC is just too flat for my liking. I like mountains to drive up and cliffs to drive off. 

DeZaStR
  • DeZaStR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

I really enjoyed the story of Vice City. Very Scarface-esque...little nobody rising to power, etc.

Check this out though... the concept might be closer to fruition than you think.

http://www.oxm.co.uk...ding-old-stuff/

GR0VE4LIF3
  • GR0VE4LIF3

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:52 AM Edited by GR0VE4LIF3, 11 October 2013 - 01:53 AM.

Get me?

i been thinking about that even before v was announced 

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

GTA VI better be Vice City. If not fail.

Also R* should return to the 70s - early 90s for Vice City or again fail.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users