Photo

How to get rid of the Elegy RH8?

6 replies to this topic
AngelKing4t7
  • AngelKing4t7

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

So, I ordered my free Elegy RH8 off Legendary Motorsports, just to see if I liked it. After determining that it was pretty sweet, but I liked my original ride better, I took it to LS Customs to sell it... but there was no "sell" option on the menu.

Does anyone know if there is a way to sell this car? Or is it disabled so that people can't just keep ordering a free one and then selling it for a quick profit?

I need to get rid of it because I only have a 2 car garage, and I like having a space to store valuable vehicles I find while I wait the required time to be able to sell another car to LS Customs.

As a sidebar to this, does anyone know if driving a car into your garage so it gets a GPS tracker before you sell it gets you more cash than if you just sold it as-is? I know other mods like better engines and wheels result in a higher sell price, but I'm not sure if the GPS tracker adds value as well.

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

just put the car u want, u'll be asked if u'd like to replace the car

BIEBERyoloSWAG
  • BIEBERyoloSWAG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

When you drive your new car into the garage it will say which of the two cars you currently have do you want to replace. And pick the one you are talking about.

BTW how do you get a free car from the website?

Bronesia
  • Bronesia

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

You can "overwrite" that car when you find a new one. Other way to get rid of that free car is to get caught by the police whilst driving it. They take the car to an impound and gets destroyed after xx hours. Last but not least, you can blow it up and never claim insurance on it.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

When you drive your new car into the garage it will say which of the two cars you currently have do you want to replace. And pick the one you are talking about.

Social Club Member.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Can't you just blow it up and not make an insurance claim?  (I don't know, I haven't done it... but I think I'm going to try that tonight)

AngelKing4t7
  • AngelKing4t7

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

You can "overwrite" that car when you find a new one. Other way to get rid of that free car is to get caught by the police whilst driving it. They take the car to an impound and gets destroyed after xx hours. Last but not least, you can blow it up and never claim insurance on it.

Oh, cool, I didn't know you could overwrite cars that are in the garage. I figured it just wouldn't open the door for you if you drove up in a new vehicle and it was already full. By the way, do you know how many (xx?) hours you have before the impound lot scraps your car? I usually make a point to go get it right away, just to be safe, but it'd be nice to know if I have like a couple of days to work with, for those times when I die all the way up at the north end of the map in the mountains and respawn with no ride cause it's at the impound.

If you sign up for the Rockstar Social club and link your account to your gamertag, you can order one for free from Legendary Motorsports (on the in-game internet)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users