Quantcast

» «
Photo

What the hell is up with these robberies?

15 replies to this topic
JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

So I tried robbing some stores in GTA Online. It went well at first. Then I noticed a red dot on the minimap outside of the store. I ignored it until it started shooting at me. Turns out it's some crazy bitch with a gun apparently out for blood.

This has happened multiple times now, most of which times I've died. The times when I managed to kill her, I immediately got a 4-star wanted level and got trashed by the police. 

So what is up with this? One of the loading screen guides even lists this at one of the easiest ways to make money. Yeah, sure.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Gun laws in Americuh my friend. She wanted to be a hero that day.

Collekt
  • Collekt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Good Samaritan saw you robbing the store and decided to take you out dawg. Just run out and get in your car.. I've never died to that weak sh*t

DrShinyPig
  • DrShinyPig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

dude, atleast  the shopkeeper didnt get out his shotgun AND the girl with the pistol, when that happens you know your screwed, best thing to do is buy a mask, that way it atleast calms down the shopkeeper so you have much less chance of him shooting you, but for the girl, just point a gun at them before you walk into the store, they run off like little bitches

jtn2k
  • jtn2k

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

I got mugged by an NPC for 2000$ earlier today. Didn't expect that! Killed him and got money back + trophy. Kida cool :)

Collekt
  • Collekt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

The shopkeeper won't shoot you if you keep aiming at him while you leave the store, or at least it's been working for me. It's when I turn my back on him that he whips out a shotgun and blasts me.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

The shopkeeper won't shoot you if you keep aiming at him while you leave the store, or at least it's been working for me. It's when I turn my back on him that he whips out a shotgun and blasts me.

Actually they do sometimes, I keep eyes on 'em and back out of the store always. If I see them move their hands I waste 'em and run.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

In my experience this happens mostly in solo play. It happened at 9/10 stores I robbed in solo but when I played with other players it never happened.

Not sure why, maybe its to give you the sense that people will be after you for robbing stores much like other GTAO players

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Well in my opinion it's easier to just kill the shopkeeper and loot the register yourself. Goes faster, and no assholes trying to be heroes.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by Kulgrim, 10 October 2013 - 05:23 PM.

The "hero" isn't always in the store, I have had them walk in behind me and blow my brains all over the counter before I even knew they where there. Example, last night my brother-in-law and myself where knocking off 24/7 stores for fun last night. Everything was going well, he was yelling at the storekeeper to hurry up, and I was keeping an eye on the intimidate bar, when I took two rounds to the back, I spun and blasted the "hero" who was standing outside the store with my sawed off, but as soon as my gun wasn't pointed at the shopkeeper, he pulled a gauge and plugged me in the back as well. Needless to say my armed robbery days where over, and my brother-in-law sent flowers to my funeral.

I should add, this was his first robbery, so he most likely wasn't keeping the shopkeeper covered, which would explain the gauge to the back of the head I recieved. As for shop keepers never shooting if you keep them covered, that is false. When I run solo, I have had several shop keepers pull their weapon as I reach the door, and I always back out. Personally I try to avoid shooting them, since it moves it to an instant three star chase. I have also found that if you are wearing a mask at the time of the robbery, once the cops go into search mode, remove the mask and you will drop from 2 stars to 1 star.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

I remember robbing a store once and as I was about to exit some crazy woman started blasting at me, had no chance in hell. Think it was the store owner's wife or something..

Well in my opinion it's easier to just kill the shopkeeper and loot the register yourself. Goes faster, and no assholes trying to be heroes.

Umm well I shot the store owner and some random npc still came after me.

dream3r
  • dream3r

Keeper of dreams

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Best way to rob is to punch the shopkeeper and take the money yourself, he never pulls out a gun if you don't.  A customer might try to punch you but you can either run past them or draw a gun, be warned I have yet to confirm if drawing a gun at this point will piss of the shopkeeper and make him pull out his.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Scare away the people outside the store.  Just nudge them with the bumper of a vehicle and they'll run... well, they did for me at all 20 stores.

I killed only 1 shop keeper and that was bad news.  I learned to shoot them just once with a pistol and clean the register myself.  

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I remember robbing a store once and as I was about to exit some crazy woman started blasting at me, had no chance in hell. Think it was the store owner's wife or something..

Umm well I shot the store owner and some random npc still came after me.

Still better then the four stars you get for killing the bitch outside. I've had this happen to me the last several times now. I really wonder what the hell it is about. I mean, most women do not carry a gun with them as far as I know, let alone be brave enough to point it at some guy robbing a store.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

it's happened to me as well. :cry:

even i admit to shooting at a player who was in a store (i only did it once)!! :devil:

maxiumumcapacity
  • maxiumumcapacity

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Lol I stood next to a group of chollos and I ended up getting gang banged

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users