Quantcast

» «
Photo

Thoughts from a Hardcore (Level 158) Player.

178 replies to this topic
Derity
  • Derity

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by Derity, 10 October 2013 - 04:35 PM.

If you can't spare 3 minutes of your life to read the following, just leave now.

With all of this glitching and farming going on, we should not be blaming the players. Players are expected to find and abuse bugs and exploits. I haven't played a single game where players don't end up glitching the sh*t out of it.

This blame needs to be directed at Rockstar. Lets face it, they f*cked up.

If Blizzard f*cked up this hard with World of Warcraft at the beginning, and players had infinite Gold and XP in the first few days, do you really think people wouldn't have pointed their fingers directly at Blizzard?

Rockstar should have had a Beta Test, it is that simple. Even if what we're playing now just had "BETA" labelled on the loading screens that would've been much better, with a proposed character wipe at the end.

Instead they wanted to keep everything "secret" and I understand that from a business perspective, this worked very well for them. I mean, c'mon a billion dollars in retail sales in 3 days. Yes it worked and they made a lot of money, but the lack of a Beta test essentially killed whatever GTA Online was meant to be in the first place and now we're just left with this glitch and exploit infested bullsh*t.

I am Level 158 with over $7m in-game currency.

I'm tired of people calling repeating missions farming, this is not farming, this is exploitation of a system that was clearly not designed to work this way. Look up the word Exploit in a dictionary before arguing this point. Especially after Rockstar patched the Replay button and we started pressing R2/RT. Even worse now with the Spectator glitch, is this still farming? No this is simply exploitation.

I have exploited from around Level 30-158, at least I admit it.

But the fact remains that this is not the players fault, and this is why Rockstar are not wiping the servers. Because it is THEIR fault and they know that. Without a beta test, expect exploits and issues. Expect a f*cking tonne. Look at any MMO or Online RPG. They do Beta Tests for this exact reason, to iron out all bugs, exploits and server issues. ALL of which GTA Online is currently killing itself with.

Even though I have progressed further than probably 99% of the online population, I actually agree with those that believe that a full server wipe is the way to go. Believe it or not, I really enjoy this game and I believe a full wipe would be  best for the future of the game. For those who would quit simply because you lost your houses and cars, I would argue that you really don't enjoy playing this game. If you're ready to put it down just because you lost your in game possessions, then maybe you don't actually like the game itself and are most likely just playing because you're clinging onto your digital goods.

And please don't get me wrong, GTA Online is a fun game. I didn't play previous GTA games because I felt they just were not for me, but I really was suprised by how much I liked this game, but it feels more like a Beta test than a full release. There are way too many issues with it and only promise of fixes in the future. And when all the fixes have taken place, we're only going to be left with a broken economy at the end of it all, because at this point I highly doubt a character wipe is ever going to happen.

Hopefully Rockstar will learn in their next online experience, if they ever go there again.

- Derity.

• WarM4chine, Jedi Master Tom, drjonkoe and 4 others like this

nudleloff
  • nudleloff

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by Otter, 10 October 2013 - 07:50 PM.

luZwsQp.gif

user warned for this post - Otter

• NADOLNY, EyeMacHunt, TatezMcgatez and 5 others like this

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

I surprisingly agree with this post. I've never been totally against a total wipe, I just didn't want to lose my good looking character. =P 

I can get another apartment and make more money and level up again. I got this character by fiddling around for an hour and even then I was like "It could be better but oh well" 

Comboking
  • Comboking

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

lvl 30 to 158 god damn that worse then me

i thought lvl 68-100 was bad

MrAnimalUK
  • MrAnimalUK

Game rager

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

luZwsQp.gif

Single, funniest meme ive ever seen.

• Jack Reacher and yourgfmybed like this

Wikiderr
  • Wikiderr

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:43 PM Edited by Wikiderr, 10 October 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Not to get into an argument over this game but sick of seeing this discussion.

Game Farming:
Repeatedly doing a task to gain a certain object over and over again. Example: farming for [rubies] by killing [monster] over and over again repeatedly Farming is usually a task that is easy to repeat.

ex·ploit
Verbikˈsploit/ 1.make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).

In the sense of a game an exploit is more along the lines of abusing a glitch to get rich quick or things like that.

Rock star wouldn't have put the prize high and a replay feature if that's not what they intended. Hitting replay was not a bug, its how they designed it but too many people bitched about it so they took it off.
  • RDR-Detox and kill2119 like this

Sigfyy
  • Sigfyy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

life mia

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

The reason the missions are SO easily exploitable is because Rockstars missions are majorly poor and simplistic and their system for restarts was also poor. Let's look at Violent Duct; You start the mission by going to an underpass to get drugs, the AI is pretty easy to dispatch once you know their patterns. 

When you complete the AI Turkey shoot you pick up the Coke and take it about 3 blocks to Geralds home. You got $9k for doing this VERY simplistic mission, now when you narrow most of the missions down they're all pretty much the same formula. Get the drugs/Cars, take them to this location, get paid. 

If Violect Duct had you get to the location, kill the enemies, find out the coke was being moved to another location via a Train or Helicopter/Plane, you'd have to rush to another location possibly fending off enemies in Choppers or in SUVs/ect. Once at the location you need to then take the enemies out once again.

This isn't much better and is still 'simplistic' however it has more depth and variety and would be worthy of the $9k price it once had, now think of how many missions involve this same boring formula and wonder why people are farming them, it's not OUR fault it's ROCKSTARS.

• The_Big_Lebowski likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:48 PM Edited by Deffpony, 10 October 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Wait, There isnt a level cap at 100?

Also there was a beta test trust me. And there were alot more exploits with the beta, like being able to robberies without getting wanted levels, and respawning the money bags

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Not to get into an argument over this game but sick of seeing this discussion.

Game Farming:
Repeatedly doing a task to gain a certain object over and over again. Example: farming for [rubies] by killing [monster] over and over again repeatedly Farming is usually a task that is easy to repeat.

ex·ploit
Verbikˈsploit/ 1.make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).

Replaying missions is no longer a game mechanic, it can only be done by exploiting loopholes or glitching. However you describe it, it is now cheating you silly c*nt. When the replay button worked it was all ok but now that people are using gimmicks to farm it's no longer legitimate.

jtn2k
  • jtn2k

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

luZwsQp.gif

Priceless! gahahaha

Derity
  • Derity

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

The reason the missions are SO easily exploitable is because Rockstars missions are majorly poor and simplistic and their system for restarts was also poor. Let's look at Violent Duct; You start the mission by going to an underpass to get drugs, the AI is pretty easy to dispatch once you know their patterns. 

When you complete the AI Turkey shoot you pick up the Coke and take it about 3 blocks to Geralds home. You got $9k for doing this VERY simplistic mission, now when you narrow most of the missions down they're all pretty much the same formula. Get the drugs/Cars, take them to this location, get paid. 

If Violect Duct had you get to the location, kill the enemies, find out the coke was being moved to another location via a Train or Helicopter/Plane, you'd have to rush to another location possibly fending off enemies in Choppers or in SUVs/ect. Once at the location you need to then take the enemies out once again.

This isn't much better and is still 'simplistic' however it has more depth and variety and would be worthy of the $9k price it once had, now think of how many missions involve this same boring formula and wonder why people are farming them, it's not OUR fault it's ROCKSTARS.

Exactly.

The thing is, I am sure in time that all of these missions will be balanced. If I'm correct, I think the reward for Violent Duct has already been adjusted - the problem is the damage has already been done.

Collekt
  • Collekt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

It's actually both farming and exploiting. You are using an exploit to farm the same mission over and over. People trying to say that it's one or the other is just retarded.

• Crookid likes this

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

I wouldn't be against a character wipe to reset everyone. I exploited as well to get my apartment and my pimped out Feltzer. If it means they've fixed every exploit and everyone restarts from scratch and even ground, I'm fine with that.

Wikiderr
  • Wikiderr

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

And to top off my last post, the Los Santos customs glitch when you abuse that, that is exploiting. Your exploiting a glitch to gain an advantage. Rock star didn't design the game to work like that so when people abuse it, that's exploiting. Rock star did design the replay feature and choose the payout. Using something they gave us to our advantage is not an exploit. Its farming.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by TeCNeEk, 10 October 2013 - 04:53 PM.

"Hardcore"? You're hardcore because you exploited the game? Good job. 

• yakuza warlord, Afroshroom, JimmyDaMoney and 1 other like this

Derity
  • Derity

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Also there was a beta test trust me. And there were alot more exploits with the beta, like being able to robberies without getting wanted levels, and respawning the money bags

The "Beta" test was closed for Rockstar employees, possibly friends and family and sometimes allowing the media to play a few missions. The amount of content in GTA Online, required an open beta or atleast a closed beta to a relatively large number of players.

The only way to find most exploits and issues is to introduce a large group of players to the game, a small group of players may find a few of the obvious exploits, but finding things like infinite selling car loop are not easy to find without thousands of players running around doing everything.

Collekt
  • Collekt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

And to top off my last post, the Los Santos customs glitch when you abuse that, that is exploiting. Your exploiting a glitch to gain an advantage. Rock star didn't design the game to work like that so when people abuse it, that's exploiting. Rock star did design the replay feature and choose the payout. Using something they gave us to our advantage is not an exploit. Its farming.

It was farming when you could select the replay button as designed. When they attempted to patch it out and people started using the RT work around, it became exploiting because it wasn't intended to be possible.

Wikiderr
  • Wikiderr

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

I agree collekt. Now its exploiting as they took the feature out. But the reason they took it out is because everyone bitching about it.
  • kill2119 likes this

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

At least you admit it's an exploit.

budiu22
  • budiu22

Player Hater

• Members

psh im wayyy more hardcore nolife bro level 211 get at me

Collekt
  • Collekt

Square Civilian

• Members

No, the reason they took it out is because everyone was farming absurd amounts of cash and rp in the first few days of the game's release. The bitching was just a natural occurrence because some people wanted this game to last longer than a week.

• Levano likes this

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Good read, not wasted 3 minutes of my life! Valid points.

SaintsRow3
  • SaintsRow3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

lvl 30 to 158 god damn that worse then me
i thought lvl 68-100 was bad

Haha, yeah. Can't stand more than replaying a few rounds, don't really see the point with it either.

Bronesia
  • Bronesia

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

"Hardcore"? You're hardcore because you exploited the game? Good job. 

He's hardcore because he had to spent 10-12 hours a day repeating missions to reach that level before it was fixed. That's hardcore.

Besides that, I am just rank 33 and have 1.7 milion. Still I agree on a full wipe when every money making glitch has been fixed. Seeing fast cars or people owning huge apartments right now doesn't mean a thing. When the game is glitch- & exploitless those things actually mean something. I agree with you buddy. Good post.

• Levano likes this

Kill_flesh
  • Kill_flesh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

It IS the players fault when they decide they want to become the best in the quickest time, and are willing to use exploits to get there - that is just a bad mentality to have when playing a video game imo, and is no ones fault other than your own, because you chose to play the game that way. That is just the power-gamer mentality, and imo it shouldn't even be catered for, because power-gamers are nothing but stat-whores essentially - they just want the biggest numbers, the best stuff etc. They care more about the destination than the journey.

As it isn't an mmo, I don't think it matters that people can exploit the game and get everything in a short time, because there is no end game content for which these high stats are required. They've basically skipped the interesting journey, and found the destination - except there's nothing there, just empty apartments and big numbers in bank accounts. Quite an allagory for real life really, isn't it?

• SignoreDoom and jbh69 like this

ScamPictures
  • ScamPictures

Pro-Strategist

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

You must be really bad-ass, you are the motherf*cking king kong!

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

The "Beta" test was closed for Rockstar employees, possibly friends and family and sometimes allowing the media to play a few missions. The amount of content in GTA Online, required an open beta or atleast a closed beta to a relatively large number of players.

The only way to find most exploits and issues is to introduce a large group of players to the game, a small group of players may find a few of the obvious exploits, but finding things like infinite selling car loop are not easy to find without thousands of players running around doing everything.

There were alot more people on the beta than you might think.

However, I do agree that a live beta would have served them much better, but R* is too secretive for that

budiu22
  • budiu22

Player Hater

• Members

using a game mechanic to do something NOT intended by R* is most certainly considered an exploit.

but there are differences between glitches exploited and just exploiting something that R* didnt think it would be like.

you SHOULD NOT punish those who exploited the intended mechanic made to restart a mission. 

it sure should be changed, to work as intended, BUT people should not be punished.

Now with the selling car glitch that is being exploited now, that for sure deserves punishments and rollbacks.

with that being said im a level 200+ guy who made way over 15 million from Rooftop rumble lol

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by Spitfirex007, 10 October 2013 - 05:02 PM.

I agree they should have had an open beta. I also think the game should have been pushed back. Though they can't be perfect, there is a lot of glitches and issues. Online and single player.

These rankings and sh*t is one of the things I hate most about this game. They are not skilled based. They reward players who have more time then others to devote to gaming. They give those players better items and a upper hand. This is the reason I hate COD (well that and the community) But I still don't think the ranks and stuff should be reset. How is that going to do to help anyone? The guys with no jobs and sh*t will be back up to into the 60+ within days, and the people who aren't as hardcore will just be stuck in the lower ranks again. It doesn't help anyone.

As far as who's fault it is that people exploited. Well it's both. Rockstar made a design error, gamers took advantage. Rockstar tried to fix it, gamers found a new way.

• Smorty likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users