Quantcast

» «
Photo

So how do you get rid of the FREE car from your garage?

8 replies to this topic
Dizman
  • Dizman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

So I played GTAO for a few days, then I read about the free car you get for signing up with the Social Club, which I had already done years ago.

I went and "purchased" it from Legendary Motorsports website in-game, and after I did I hit the back button and was like "Hmmm wonder if I can order another one" and I could!

Well jokes on me now, you can't sell the Free car at LSC, not even for zero dollars, there is no "Sell" option anywhere in the menus for the car.

So now I'm stuck with TWO Annis Elegy RH8's in my 10 car garage!  I only need one, this is really annoying.  Oh and when you buy any car on any site it comes insured, so even if I blow it up, there is still a blank garage spot for it waiting for me to call the insurance company to get it back!

Anyone know a way to permantley get rid of this thing?  One thing I'm not sure on is, is insurance a one-time cost, or do you have to rebuy it after the car is destoried X amount of times?  If that were the case that'd work.

DrShinyPig
  • DrShinyPig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

So I played GTAO for a few days, then I read about the free car you get for signing up with the Social Club, which I had already done years ago.

I went and "purchased" it from Legendary Motorsports website in-game, and after I did I hit the back button and was like "Hmmm wonder if I can order another one" and I could!

Well jokes on me now, you can't sell the Free car at LSC, not even for zero dollars, there is no "Sell" option anywhere in the menus for the car.

So now I'm stuck with TWO Annis Elegy RH8's in my 10 car garage!  I only need one, this is really annoying.  Oh and when you buy any car on any site it comes insured, so even if I blow it up, there is still a blank garage spot for it waiting for me to call the insurance company to get it back!

Anyone know a way to permantley get rid of this thing?  One thing I'm not sure on is, is insurance a one-time cost, or do you have to rebuy it after the car is destoried X amount of times?  If that were the case that'd work.

insurance is one time cost, but just fill up your garage with cars you find on the street, then buy a cheap bike online and choose the replace option an replace it with the RH8 you dont want

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

when you find a new car that you want pull it into your garage and a message will pop up saying your garage is full if you want to keep car select one to replace...press ok then you will be inside your garage and a list will pop up with all the cars you own select the elegy and it will be replaced.

sslickk1
  • sslickk1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

It's a one time cost to insure it but you have to pay to get it replaced.

Only way I know of is to fill your garage and get one more car to replace it.

adderrson
  • adderrson

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

I did this too and found that the car didn't blend well with my muscle collection :p

Simply drive another car off the street into your garage.

It will say your garage is full. ignore it and press a/x to continue.

The game will then prompt you to choose a car to delete, select the elegy.

Then take the car you just saved to ls customs and sell it.

Enjoy your free'd up garage space :)

DrShinyPig
  • DrShinyPig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

or you could just get the police to chase you in the car, let them kill you, they impound it, you exit off to single player or get another car out, the one in the impound either despawns or gets destroyed

Dizman
  • Dizman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Oh awesome, thanks guys!

WHEW!  I thought I was screwed.  I think I have 1 garage spot left too, so I was so close to figuring it out on my own!  Ha ha.

Now if I could only rearrange the order of the cars in my garage!  I've got a Sandking XL in there in the middle on one side, it kinda blocks the view of the cars behind it, ha ha!

Dizman
  • Dizman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

If you "replace" a car, do you get money from it?  Just curious, as the other day I took a nice car to my garage, then later modded it a bit, did some stuff and when I came back to the garage there were two of them in there, with mods (maybe $10k total in mods).  So I took it to LSC and sold it for $15k!  So got some money back on that deal.  Just curious if "Replace" gives you money or you just lose it, otherwise seems worth the time to manually sell the car, which my 10-car garage is just up the street from LSC on the east side of town.

Collekt
  • Collekt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Don't overwrite it, because some people have said it sometimes overwrites one of your other cars instead. Do this:

1. Make sure your garage is full.

2. Take out your Elegy to be deleted and park it outside your garage.

3. Drive another car into your garage and replace the Elegy.

4. Exit garage with no car (walk out of the garage).

5. The Elegy will still be on the map (somewhere around where you left it). Run to it and drive to Customs shop, and you will now be able to sell it because it's no longer stored in your garage.

I have tested this myself and it worked 100%. It sells for 9.5k to the shop as well.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users