» «

Should R* revisit Anywhere City?

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Should R* revisit Anywhere City? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Should they?

1. Yes. (15 votes [65.22%])

Percentage of vote: 65.22%

2. No. (8 votes [34.78%])

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

The Setting of GTa2.

What do you think, Yay or Nay?

• Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

yea, they could do as they please with the map due to it not being based on any actual city...

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

No, next question please! :lol:

Why should they make Anywhere city? It won't be bad on GTA:O but There are better choices like Chicago, Detroit, Carcer City, Vice City, San Fierro and Las Venturas.

Also, Carcer City would be similar to Anywhere city. So, there isn't any need to Anywhere City, at least as a stand-alone game.

• TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Trying to recreate Anywhere City would be a 180 turn of events considering that they're trying to create places as realistic as the real deal now.

• DoubleOGJohnson

• None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 10 October 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Rockstar should NEVER do another purely imaginary city again. That would be like going backwards from the progress of Vice City. They should stick with cities accurately based on real places. That's one of my gripes with Saints Row and why I prefer games like GTA, True Crime, and Watch Dogs  over sandbox games like SR. I was never interested in SR because it's based in a town that is based on Chicago/Detroit but is so loosely based that you'd never know it. Plus I dislike "combo" cities where different places are mixed together, major cities should have their OWN SEPERATE city where they can be done proper justice. IMO mixing cities together in current openworld gaming = corny/lame/unrealistic.

Anywhere City would be like Stillwater/Saints Row to me, an unreal place with no real-world significance or recognizable landmarks. And no real landmarks makes places unrelatable to me, especially being someone who has travelled to various places. Having loosely based cities used to work for me in the early 2000's, but after games like GTA Vice City and True Crime LA came out and both games CLEARLY represented Miami and Los Angele, I no longer desired open games in purely fictional places. GTA 3 Liberty City should remain the last GTA city of that "loosely based fiction" type and they shouldn't go back because Vice City kind of set the current standard of open world city rendering and they should stick with it.

• Journey_95

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

f*ck no

• l911

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

as you can see i made concept about new anywhere city

but i dont think game like that (futuristic totally imaginary city) should be in the GTA series i think rockstar should do new series like that and make the game somewhat different than GTA. You can see what i mean by clicking my signature. Please note that Anywhere City isnt the most important thing in my concept i just want to see futuristic game that is similar to GTA2 in terms of style the city can be new.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users