LS Taxi Drivers are DICKS.

16 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

So I'm standing at the side of the road, right, and the cab pulls up. Not next to me. No,. Not just a few feet away. No.

No, he's on the other side of the freeway. Or he's 30 feet up the road. Or he's got spooked by another driver and driven off. 

Dick. 

When I order a cab, I expect it to pull up just outside my front door. Not be sitting at the corner looking like he's cruising for mano-e-mano love. 

When I order a cab, I expect it to pull up to my destination so I don't have to walk. That's kind of his job. I expect him to drive me to where I want to go. To deliver me safely in my time of need. But no. No. Mr Cab D. River thinks his job is to kind of get me near to where I'm going. I want to go to the weed farm, or top of a mountain. I have money. I can pay. 

No.

Dick. 

So, I've cancelled my preorder and I've raised a support ticket with R* because this really just isn't acceptable. I bought this game on the sole premise that I would be able to take a cab to and from points A and B and that it would be like getting a real cab, but it's not. And anyone that says that they're OK with this level of complete failure from R* obviously kills babies and rapes the corpses, whilst licking the juice out of dustbins and probably, like, says bad things about things I really like and stuff. 

Seriously though, these cab drivers are such dicks. And they're always playing that f*cking beeping song on the Mexican radio station. 

YA FEEL ME, BRO?

• Ermac and ASIAN LAWYER like this

Ermac
  • Ermac

Black Spasmodic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

The worst part is,THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. 

GJ Cockstar, GJ.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

That's true. I hadn't even thought about that. 

So really, there is only one cab driver in V. Pre-order cancelled, re-pre-ordered, cancelled. 

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

I don't know how many times I've been killed by an oncoming car when passing the street because the Taxi driver parked on the other side of the road; far, far away.
Maybe I should start to stick to fundamentals tought to me as a kid....always look both ways before crossing the street!

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

I do think it is a bit wierd that they all look the same, but thats splitting hairs when considering the detail throughout the game.

Some of my most frustrating but also hilarious moments come from my reacting to taxi drivers. Cant tell you how many killing sprees started because of them lol

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

You shouldn't have to. The driver should pull up and maybe even get out and open the door for you. He could also offer his obese wife as recompense for such terrible service. 

• Deffpony likes this

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

LOL! Licking the juice out of dustbins.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:43 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

If you ever redo the construction assassination mission where you have to go to the top of that construction building, kill the guys on the street level, then take the construction elevator up, jump off the side of the elevator and parachute down to the skreets, then call a cab. Tell him to take you to the gold marker, press "skip", you will find yourself on the top of the building. Once there, set a new destination course but DO NOT SKIP. The cab driver will drive you off the top of the building and kill you. No settlement or lawsuit either. 

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

You should win something

anon123
  • anon123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

"looking like he's cruising for mano-e-mano love", loved that one.

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

The worst part is,THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. 

GJ Cockstar, GJ.

You mean they don't in real life? JK

Yeah I hated that as well, Same Station, Same person,

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

If you ever redo the construction assassination mission where you have to go to the top of that construction building, kill the guys on the street level, then take the construction elevator up, jump off the side of the elevator and parachute down to the skreets, then call a cab. Tell him to take you to the gold marker, press "skip", you will find yourself on the top of the building. Once there, set a new destination course but DO NOT SKIP. The cab driver will drive you off the top of the building and kill you. No settlement or lawsuit either. 

This is what I'm talking about. Proof, as if it were needed, that the taxi drivers are dicks. We need to rise up against our yellow and blue oppressors and take the power back. 

GOD DAMN THE MAN.

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Sell the game, eat the cake.

Monge305
  • Monge305

Grove St Mama SMD

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Lol in GTA Online i tried to have a taxi driver take me to the prison where my friend was (he somehow glitched through a wall and there were a bunch of cops standing around that couldnt get to him and there were about 3 police choppers flying into each other) and the taxi driver started going the opposite way and just decided to drive where ever he wanted! I tried killing him but he drove away too fast.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

They're a bunch of pussies as well.

Back in Liberty, if I ever fancied a scrap, I could always rely on a taxi driver. Los Santos cab drivers on the other hand... Doesn't matter how many cab headlights I smash, those wimps just run a mile every time.

• Monge305 likes this

Ermac
  • Ermac

Black Spasmodic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

They're a bunch of pussies as well.

Back in Liberty, if I ever fancied a scrap, I could always rely on a taxi driver. Los Santos cab drivers on the other hand... Doesn't matter how many cab headlights I smash, those wimps just run a mile every time.

They always had funny things to say as well.

"After this, i'm going home to blow some haze, and beat up the coochie!"

• Monge305 likes this

Jacob-B
  • Jacob-B

Misunderstood Genius

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

It was halfway through the game that i discovered that you can take Taxis lol.

I don't see the point of using them unless i'm in a rush.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users