Photo

Question to Trevor fans

48 replies to this topic
DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 10 October 2013 - 01:44 PM.

I see a lot of people on GTAForums who have Trevor in their avatar, sig, and idolize him. I even read a post last week where some fan was exalting Trevor as being some kind of symbol of "homosexual sexual freedom" and all kinds of weird hyperbolic bullsh*t in relation to Trevor. WTF? People have raised Trevor to high levels of regard, like he's "MORE THAN A CHARACTER", but at the end of the day, this dude raped another dude. Not only that, he took over a man's house, ruined his job, almost ruined his marriage, and RAPED him. Damn yo, I like killing people with Trevor as much as anyone else.........but am I just supposed to forget he raped somebody?

Like, how does that sit with Trevor fans? How do you just ignore that when you're praising this dude? It's like it's double standards, he's this progressive symbolic character who also rapes people. And because he's gay, he gets away with it and people still love him. LOL imagine if CJ or Niko or some heterosexual protag went out and raped someone, which fans would still want to associate with those two characters if they did some sh*t like that?

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

I've seen a few threads during the wait to GTA V where people said they wanted to abduct, torture and rape people... So I doubt people care much. 

In this instance though, it's more played for laughs than anything.

GR0VE4LIF3
  • GR0VE4LIF3

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

just ignore those retarded ones

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hey, its better than the CJ fanboys who wont shut up about him and San Andreas, specially during the time when we didnt know who was the main charachter of GTA V.

• Ferocious Banger and vivalavendredi like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by Xerukal, 10 October 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Honestly, Trevor is kind of in the same boat as Walter White from Breaking Bad (Though not nearly identical or similar in terms of motivation and character). 

He's this awful f*cking person that does all of this crazy sh*t and commits unforgivable, inhuman crimes. But we love him because he is a great character. Sometimes, that respect and love for the character (Not what he is as a person) crosses over into appreciation of his personality and deeds. So some people THINK they approve of all of his actions and, in some cases, aspire to be like him, when it's really just the actual fondness of the character of Trevor showing through. 

I haven't played the game, but from various cutscenes with him and other displays of character I have witnessed (Interviews, reviews etc...) Trevor is just this amazing, unique blend of looney insanity-wisdom.

It's amazing because when his trailer first came out, everyone was instantly convinced; "Oh right, he's the typical redneck American. Silly Rockstar stereotypes".

But he wasn't. He was much more than that (Canadian, for starters). 

Rob Santos
  • Rob Santos

VAGO

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Right. I was the guy who said that Trevor is really a kind of sexual freedom. But it is only in relation to not having to make satisfaction in your life to anyone. I just said that nobody is forced to assume their sexuality and I mentioned to Trevor only as an exaggerated example of this. [Actually, I do not like Trevor and I even think he might die that the game would not be compromised.]
I just replied to a thread where questioned about the sexuality of Trevor and not to his criminal conduct. I also said that Trevor is just a character created by RCKSTR and does not deserve a discussion so passionate. However, you do seem to be very uncomfortable with his sexuality.
In time, English is not my native language, sorry. :)

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

I see a lot of people on GTAForums who have Trevor in their avatar, sig, and idolize him. I even read a post last week where some fan was exalting Trevor as being some kind of symbol of "homosexual sexual freedom" and all kinds of weird hyperbolic bullsh*t in relation to Trevor. WTF? People have raised Trevor to high levels of regard, like he's "MORE THAN A CHARACTER", but at the end of the day, this dude raped another dude. Not only that, he took over a man's house, ruined his job, almost ruined his marriage, and RAPED him. Damn yo, I like killing people with Trevor as much as anyone else.........but am I just supposed to forget he raped somebody?

Like, how does that sit with Trevor fans? How do you just ignore that when you're praising this dude? It's like it's double standards, he's this progressive symbolic character who also rapes people. And because he's gay, he gets away with it and people still love him. LOL imagine if CJ or Niko or some heterosexual protag went out and raped someone, which fans would still want to associate with those two characters if they did some sh*t like that?

What the hell are you talking about?. When did he do any of that?

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

He's cool, Franklin and Trevor are as boring as f*ck. Trevor is the only one with an interesting story, I mean, I wouldn't like to meet the guy in the street, but no other character feels as natural as when you're playing Trevor and you're in a JCB scooping people off the ground and dropping them off bridges.

Would Mike do that? No too boring. Would Frank do that? No too boring.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

You seem to forget he also murdered a lot of people. More people than he raped.

But then, so did Michael and Franklin. 

Do I win £5 for pointing this out?

• jamieleng likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

I like Trevor as a character, doesn't mean I want to be like him. I just think Dan Houser & Steven Ogg have created an OTT, despicable, yet believable character, that is unmatched in video games. It's the younger generation who want to try & live our some sort of fantasy through a video game character.

namenotneeded2
  • namenotneeded2

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by namenotneeded2, 10 October 2013 - 02:34 PM.

He's a not a 'stereotypical' red neck at all. He's had a, some may say, hard time in life. From what I've seen so far, his mother is herself addicted to drugs. Father nowhere to be seen. Even though he's rich and set up a business for himself, he chooses to wear odd clothes and live in a trailer in the country. Still, he's smart and knows enough about politics and America's system. Whether he's homosexual or not, it seems to me he just doesn't care about what you'd consider the normal way of living. He hates being lied to and treated poorly, yet he rapes and murders people, Michael even suggesting he eats people.

I like him, because he doesn't afraid of anything, as a character. In real life he'd probably not be someone you like. It's like someone else mentioned, Walter White. He's a drug 'kingpin' who murders people and manipulates people, yet people root for him.

Spoiler

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Spoiler

A STOLEN one. He's a toughguybadguycoolguy.

I think he's a great, if somewhat (totally) unsympathetic character. There's no way to identify with someone like that, which is why people are enjoying a vicarious experience with him - you just can't be that crazy in real life and not get your collar felt for it. 

Definitely one of the strongest game characters of the last few generations, if not all time. I wouldn't want to be like him though. 

Ogg's performance is easily one of the best I've seen in a game. In fact, all three of the protag's VO actors put in some incredible work for this - and lots of it. 

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Trevor is just an interesting character, love him or hate him. He is so polarizing that I think its hard to not have fans split down the middle. 

Either you love his crazy over the top antics, or you think he is a bit too much.

I will say that I have met a few meth heads in my day (not bragging trust me) and Trevor is not a stretch of the imagination, trust me

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

The second I found out he was a homosexual-rapist-Canadian who demoralized country folk, that's where I dropped my Trevor flag. He is a morally deplete dipsh*t psycho and nothing more. I don't think any of these 3 protags are that great. They ain't no Tommy Vercetti or Niko. 

But I did love it when he curb stomped that little girl Johnny Klebitz. That was the coolest thing in GTA V. After realizing what Trevor really is, he just lost that shine, for me, and ended up being impotent.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Didn't Trevor eat someone in the game? I remember him eating a soup with human parts in it lol.

YadiYada
  • YadiYada

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Why would you even look into those weird threads?
I'd stay the f*ck away from them.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by Official General, 10 October 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Trevor was definitely entertaining and real funny at times.

But do I like him ? No, I still don't. He's dirty, he still repulses and disgusts me, and his madcap antics and wild, crazy personality just does not impress me and draw me in. I really did not care to play as him in the game, I just did a few of his side missions and that was that. 

I don't remembering him raping anyone in the game though, especially a man. Can someone remind who he did this too and when ?

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

I've got a picture. It's Floyd. In one of these tandom switches he is witj floyd in his bed. And Trevor also talks about it. He is a bisexual.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Huh, who does trevor rape?

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

I think people are referring to the scene when you switch to Trevor at night and he's sleeping in the same bed with Floyd. I don't think he raped him, myself, since I haven't heard Trevor say any confirmation of that, but it does make Floyd upset. You can hear him saying "sorry Deborah" if you stick around. 

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

he is likable in a weird way i can't explain maybe it's the voice

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Morals aren't real, just perceived differently by different cultures of people. Trevor's "culture" was one of abuse and extreme emotional abandonment by both of his parents, and ultimately he embraces to the exteme notion of patriotism leading him to say and do what ever comes to his mind without one second thought.

/thread

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Trevor is the proto-hipster. It's obvious all these geeks wanna be like him.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

I like him because instead of trying to run from a life of crime he dives in and slathers it all over himself. He truly does not give a flying eff. If anybody has heard of GG Allin it's sort of like they made him a playable character.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

I like him because instead of trying to run from a life of crime he dives in and slathers it all over himself. He truly does not give a flying eff. If anybody has heard of GG Allin it's sort of like they made him a playable character.

lol

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

I've got a picture. It's Floyd. In one of these tandom switches he is witj floyd in his bed. And Trevor also talks about it. He is a bisexual.

Wow, I never saw that, and I don't think I'd want to either lool. 

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Trevor is the living embodiment of Grand Theft Auto, If GTA was a Person, Trevor would be that person.

Thats why everyone loves and idolizes this character.

CmdrKnifes
  • CmdrKnifes

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

you want me to get my dick out again... back rub! now! :miranda: beat you with stick

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

I don't remember him raping another man, I have played through the whole story and I have a pretty good memory. And how can he be gay when he f*cked Ashley?

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

i don't think he is gay i remember him saying something like any hole will do 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users