Free aim is bad....

114 replies to this topic
Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I don't understand what's the fun in playing deathmatches with f*cking auto aim? You lock and shot, lock and shot. Only noobs play auto aim. Unfortunatly, to even play deathmatches with more than 4 people you have to set auto aim on.

I feel so good when getting killed by noobs who has auto aim, knowing they would be assraped if they changed to free aim.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

^ Totally agree, f*ck I tried a 10+ player DM with auto aim and it was pointless...1st to snap on gets the kill...absolutely ZERO skill involved.

Oh and btw, the spawns in this game are awful

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Aim assist is a nice medium between auto and free. I like free aim but suck, assisted aim isn't completely cheap as auto - seems to have a lesser range..

I thought about the race thing to,. Issue is what if you mix those free and auto in races.. Then it votes for next game, and people vote deathmatch. Then what? You can't mix the free Aimers and auto Aimers.. So while it makes sense to combine free and auto Aimers in races- causes havoc in lobby if people vote for a DM match

Weerdoh
  • Weerdoh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

I was wondering why lobbies felt so empty. Didn't think it would be that much of a difference of population between AA and FA. Hope they change the race match ups in the future and just combine it for all players.

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Oh god! using a controller to aim is BAD.

HatingHumanity
  • HatingHumanity

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Really hope this comes out on PC soon. Would really like to play GTA @ 2560x1600 running at 60 fps. I also prefer using KB/M for GTA. 

Playing GTA:IV online with friends was quite a bit more fun on PC as opposed to consoles because of mods and mouse precision. When we played on consoles the person with the helicopter dominated everyone else when we would f*ck around at the airport, on PC I could gun down helicopter pilots with ease using a pistol. 

• Detained likes this

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

Free Aim over everything!

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Free Aim over everything!

MKG3.gif

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Can't wait to get this on PC to get away from you auto aim scrubs.

• Detained likes this

Solid Snack
  • Solid Snack

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

There is a lot of butthurt in this thread. :miranda:

deyessorc
  • deyessorc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

for e th ebig problem with NOT using free aim is that the enemies in th egame seem to be fitted with laser targeted pistols, and a sixth sense that puts spider man to shame.

Stand back at maximum sniper range and they'll still headshot you with a pistol while on the back of a bike swerving all over the place.

If I was doing deathmatch only stuff I'd love free aim, but playing most of it its just not worth the hassle

Yeah I prefer free aim vs players and auto aim vs NPCs. The NPCs are simply too accurate to shoot waves of them in survival for instance. But I'm definately not gonna be switching back and forth between single player and online all the time, so auto aim it is for now.

Yes, this. Free aim sucks in survival or against npcs period (and this coming from a free aimer). Against humans, I'm all for free aim

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Screw auto aim I use an aim bot

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:52 AM Edited by GourangaMaster, 11 October 2013 - 12:52 AM.

btw after comparing free aim and assist aim i can say that freeaim diefieneitly is looking longer for sessions than any auto's

this is why online should be free aim only

Why should the majority cater to the minority? Quite obviously most people prefer to play aim-assisted hence the longer searches for games and fewer players. If your choice is free aim then perhaps you should find a crew or friends who also play free aim rather then force those who prefer aim-assist to play to your preferences. Nobody should be forced to play in a manner they don't like.

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:16 AM Edited by kopkiller666, 11 October 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Free aim is awesome IDK why people even use auto aim. The obvious answer is it's easier but what people don't understand is that it's easier to practice a teeny weeny bit with free aim then join free aim servers and you'll wreck people.

99.9% of people suck at free aim so just practice a little and go into a free aim server and you'll start going on 10 person kill streaks. I can easily go 8-0 in a deathmatch my highest kill streak is 11, and I would NEVER be able to do that in auto aim.

RydeCrash
  • RydeCrash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

There is a device called Eagle Eye Penguin, it is a Mouse/Keyboard Emulator for the PS3 and Xbox. You do need a computer to program the flash memory for key commands and there is a comprehensive mouse calibration (Bias Version 3)

I don’t game without it.

Ryde…

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

@Googz thats weird it does that to you. Ive never had it do that to me. Did you save in SP with settings set to free aim?

Yea, only started happening recently. I played the SP in free-aim only (I am one of the biggest haters of auto-aim so was thee first thing I did) but fir some reason after exiting a lobby my aim is being changed to asissted - not every time but it is happening.

im going to have to be on the lookout for that.

it mightve been possible i joined an AA room and didnt even know it.

l got the game on the 14th and literally the first thing i did was spend 5 minutes in the option menu when that christmas robbery loads up. i dispise auto-aim and wish it wasnt even in any GTA.

bigbay49er
  • bigbay49er

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

Free aim is the sh*t and the only way to play deathmatches and other player vs player modes. 

For players used to playing gta with auto aim through the story the adjustment can be tough.  Personally I could probably complete the story with free aim but it would take me twice as long with not much if any benefit over auto. 

Sure auto aim might have you thinking you are rambo and a head shot god but it makes the game funner in my opinion.  I don't have a video game ego so if using auto aim vs computers means I suck then I guess I suck.  I think Rockstar gave everybody what they wanted.  If you want to play free aim then you literally never have to see another auto aim player as long as you play.  They can't help it if people don't want to use it.  If they forced it on everybody that would only make the people who already use it exclusively happy.  I might sing a different tune if GTA was played from a first person perspective. 

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:43 AM Edited by Uvirith, 11 October 2013 - 08:49 AM.

I tried free aim once, wanted to smash the controller into my tv after one deathmatch.
in conclusion, free aim is too expensive for me.

sreiously. how do you consoleguys hit something. the thumbstick-thingies are just soooo unprecise ans slow. like rowing through mud.

You know you can adjust the sensitivity right? Try playing around with it set at different intervals to see if that helps.

Its at 100%, still not nearly fast enough for me. But the aiming is not the problem. Its the turning. The character turns way to slowly. I feel like a keyboard-shuffler (a player who turns his character using the keyboard instead of the mouse). Those players are considered the lowest of the low in the pc-community.

@Googz thats weird it does that to you. Ive never had it do that to me. Did you save in SP with settings set to free aim?

Yea, only started happening recently. I played the SP in free-aim only (I am one of the biggest haters of auto-aim so was thee first thing I did) but fir some reason after exiting a lobby my aim is being changed to asissted - not every time but it is happening.

Do you join your crew or a friend instead of just random online? Because if you join a friends/crews game your setting will change to the way the game was created

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

I know that feel bro. Auto aim has always been part of the GTA series but I wish it wasn't for online. How hard is it to learn a skillset with a controller anyways, if you've played playstation/xbox like me for over a decade now I'm pretty much sure that by now you could aim as good in a mouse, I know I do.

The only time I was in a free aim TD was an epic 5 min one on one pistol match on my first levels.

What about the players who aren't used to aiming with the controller? what would you do for them to prevent frustration?

I for instance can kill you 10 times in a deathmatch before you can say "wtf", using a mouse and a keyboard.

But with a controller I cant even hit a target standing idle in front of me.

Would you suggest that I just dont play GTAO?

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

Well that's it, I honestly think R* should completely remove auto-aim from online. Or make it only lock on to NPCs. It just has no place in PVP and I want more people to play with.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

i hate shooters with controllers, i hate aiming with a stick. but i still prefer FREE AIM !!!  its a totally different game..    it takes a while to learn it but when u can handle it every single hit is so much more satisfiyng. AND u have much more survivability in free roam since people can't just close there eyes while holding two buttons.

gta online felt greater before i realized that there is a parallel assisted aiming universe where the majority is hiding...

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:27 AM Edited by iddqdvie, 11 October 2013 - 09:28 AM.

maybe we should all spread out the word that people can actually survive longer in FREE AIM. i don't believe r* will ever make MP free aim only

or at least, mix both worlds together in the non gta races.  

or auto aim for npc only... that would also help

JetFury
  • JetFury

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

There should be no assisted aim in online period, only in custom invite only sessions if you really want to play that way.

There should be a disclaimer before you enter online "You are entering into the big bad world of GTA Online, all training wheels will be taken off blah blah blah"  R* should also add auto-drive so that I never crash ever again, auto-pilot so I can fly like a Top Gun fighter pilot. Sigh.

should definitely be an emphasis on free aim support. Get the auto aim guys lower rewards, give incentives to casuals to join us in free aim.

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

ok sooo after comparing one with eatchother i  can say that everything with is not a freeaim will let you play with more peeps, not only so, you find fuller free roam sessions, and laso joining a session is faster, well i can say this is fail for rockstar, andi really mean it , im not troll ,im patient and i understand how hard it is to make game soo big, but again its 21's  century learn how to make good aiming system rockstar withouth stupid autoaim! and dont jump with the pc thing, i got pc i played cs so i know how to aim, i played toreught campaign of gtav on freeaim so i know how to aim from pad and the pc.

Googz
  • Googz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

After 10+ years of using analogue controllers and playing a myriad of different shooters we should all be able to free-aim so I cannot even understand why auto-aim would even be entertained in this day and age. Its quite obvious that Rockstar preferred auto-aim for GTA over free-aim because no matter what anyone sais the free-aim in MP3 was noticeably better!!  Rockstar have done many great things with this iteration but unfortunately the highly anticipated Online bit is (for me personally) a massive let down. As I keep saying everywhere else in this forum - "Bring on the PC version and allow us to mod the online"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users